HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WTF is Langenbrunner's problem?

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2010, 05:55 PM
guyincognito

vCash: 500
Langs does this all the time. He got into some bizarro pseudo fight with White this year, and pretty much attacked Zubrus last year, and always has some weird aloof comment afterwards.

Probably just a weird, cranky dude.

Old
04-06-2010, 05:58 PM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds88 View Post
Was it necessary for TG to even report this I mean he never comes up with anything similar about other guys in the locker room. I doubt the rest of the roster is one big family and never have any problems. Didn't he post something just like this about Jamie in the preseason? It seems like Jamie is the only one who TG targets with crap like this.
Can't really expect a beat reporter to not report when the team captain answers "no comment" to three questions in a row.

Old
04-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
Can't really expect a beat reporter to not report when the team captain answers "no comment" to five questions in a row.
I feel like this would be less of a story if he had said anything besides "No comment" to those questions. Even a throwaway response is better than no comment, which just makes it look like you're hiding something.

Old
04-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Ds88

Anyone know who he rooms with on the road? Maybe they got into a pillow fight, but the other guy started playing too rough. Jamie wasn't having fun anymore and it went too far and now he's not speaking to anybody.

Old
04-06-2010, 06:08 PM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I feel like this would be less of a story if he had said anything besides "No comment" to those questions. Even a throwaway response is better than no comment, which just makes it look like you're hiding something.
Yes, "no comment" is the worst thing to say. He could have answered "what the **** do you care" and it would probably have created less attention.

I think he is pissed at Lemaire for benching him. Simple as that. He did not like it.

Edit: could someone please change the name of the thread. It says Langebrunenr.

Old
04-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Babycakes92689

i always wondered who i would be friends with if i were on the devils, and i always come to the conclusion that it would not be langs. he just seems like the kind of guy who makes fun of other people and gets really pissy very easily, kind of like a dbag from high school or something lol

Old
04-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Easton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babycakes92689 View Post
i always wondered who i would be friends with if i were on the devils, and i always come to the conclusion that it would not be langs. he just seems like the kind of guy who makes fun of other people and gets really pissy very easily, kind of like a dbag from high school or something lol
Haha, I've tried imagining myself on the team as well. Zach and me = BFFs

I remember back in the day when Madden was even a bigger grump than Langs is. I wonder what their relationship was like.

Old
04-06-2010, 09:51 PM
guyincognito

In my case, Peters, because we'd be spending alot of time in the press box, and I need personal security. reminds me of the time I almost ran into Patrick Eaves and Brian McGratton in the dump parking lot.

Old
04-06-2010, 10:14 PM
RJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babycakes92689 View Post
haha that's hilarious...i've always though just by looking at langs that he kinda looks like that dbag kid from highschool that can dish it out but can't take it...wears a leather jacket and skips class to go smoke in the parking lot in his iroc z...

Old
04-06-2010, 10:20 PM
DevzFan15

Jamie’s a nice guy in real life, I've talked to him quite a few times. I think he’s pissed that he had to sit out against Carolina. He was probably not happy he was being forced to rest.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:27 AM
vtfannjdevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevzFan15 View Post
Jamie’s a nice guy in real life, I've talked to him quite a few times. I think he’s pissed that he had to sit out against Carolina. He was probably not happy he was being forced to rest.
Thank You! Lemaire is the D-bag. You don't bench the captain, no matter what/how you're trying to send a message.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
celebrate my minions

vCash: 259
Martin and Langenbrunner both were "rested" - one came out flying up and down the ice and the other didn't. Apparently one of them took it as an insult while the other took it as a chance to get a 2nd wind down the stretch.

Why people are equating this with a benching is beyond me. Lemaire could care less about hiding a healthy scratch... he'd just scratch Langs if he felt he needed it. Zubrus had the flu and everyone thought he was being benched too...

"Extinction is the rule, survival is the exception." - Carl Sagan
Old
04-07-2010, 08:55 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevzFan15 View Post
If he's pissed that he had to sit out against Carolina, he should've played his heart out in yesterday's game... he didn't. That goes to show you that he might not be the "real captain" everyone makes him out to be.

Pulling fits and tantrums isn't the way to go if you're a captain and Jamie does that too often if you ask me. He has to realise that those mood swings need to stop and he needs to ****ing man up and step his game up as well, period.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:57 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Seriously Jamie..GROW UP!!

He's moodier than I am...and that's WHEN I'm PMS'ing!! Take some Midol and grow a Sac.

And why is this a thread on it's on?? Didn't we discuss this in 3 other threads?

Old
04-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
celebrate my minions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post

And why is this a thread on it's on?? Didn't we discuss this in 3 other threads?
this one will go away quicker...

Old
04-07-2010, 09:02 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

PARISE 4 CAPTAIN

Old
04-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Foy

He went to the Alexander Ovechkin school of Media Relations.

Old
04-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
celebrate my minions

Old
04-07-2010, 09:18 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post

Parise's pick looks sooooooo natural it took me about 37 seconds before realising that you actually "modified" it. Don't know what the 2nd is all about but whatever.

Old
04-07-2010, 09:21 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
He went to the Alexander Ovechkin school of Media Relations.
He should've attended his class on "hustling on every shift" if he did go to the Ovy school of knowledge... and dragged his partner in crime, Brian Rolston !!!!

Old
04-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Parise's pick looks sooooooo natural it took me about 37 seconds before realising that you actually "modified" it. Don't know what the 2nd is all about but whatever.

Never seen Dead Poet's Society, have you?

Carpe Diem, Zach!

Old
04-07-2010, 09:33 AM
magicducksauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post
Atlanta Thrashers, Carolina Hurricanes, Minnesota Wild, New Jersey Devils, Rumors, scuttlebutt, innuendo
did you say nintendo?

Old
04-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
celebrate my minions

Dead Poet's Society is a must see. That and With Honors too (possibly Brendan Frasiers only good movie ever).

Old
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I know this is a looooooooooong shot but IF the Sutter's are still around with the Flames and IK decides to leave, would they consider trading us Iginla Vs Langenbrunner, Rolston +++ ?!?!? Our depth on the right side is kinda weak and having Iginla paired with Zach and Travis would be crazy.

I know Brent Sutter has a hard on for Langenbrunner and apparently his brother likes to trade for quantity over quality. Just throwing it out there cause I'm bored out of my mind

Old
04-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Rolston isn't waiving his NTC to go back to Sutter, who will promptly bench him.

And as much as I love Iginla, he is declining fast. Not worth his huge contract.

Closed Thread