HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eastern Conference Finals Schedule

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2004, 11:34 PM
  #1
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
Eastern Conference Finals Schedule

#1 Tampa Bay vs. #3 Philadelphia
Game Date Matchup Time/Score

1 Sat., May 8 Philadelphia at Tampa Bay 3 p.m.
2 Mon., May 10 Philadelphia at Tampa Bay 7:30 p.m.
3 Thur., May 13 Tampa Bay at Philadelphia 7 p.m.
4 Sat., May 15 Tampa Bay at Philadelphia 3 p.m.
*5 Tue., May 18 Philadelphia at Tampa Bay 7:30 p.m.
*6 Thur., May 20 Tampa Bay at Philadelphia 7:30 p.m.
*7 Sat., May 22 Philadelphia at Tampa Bay 7 p.m.

2 days off between games 2 & 3 and then again between 4 & 5.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 05:55 AM
  #2
Flyers26
 
Flyers26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: We must accept disap
Country: United States
Posts: 7,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
#1 Tampa Bay vs. #3 Philadelphia
Game Date Matchup Time/Score

1 Sat., May 8 Philadelphia at Tampa Bay 3 p.m.
2 Mon., May 10 Philadelphia at Tampa Bay 7:30 p.m.
3 Thur., May 13 Tampa Bay at Philadelphia 7 p.m.
4 Sat., May 15 Tampa Bay at Philadelphia 3 p.m.
*5 Tue., May 18 Philadelphia at Tampa Bay 7:30 p.m.
*6 Thur., May 20 Tampa Bay at Philadelphia 7:30 p.m.
*7 Sat., May 22 Philadelphia at Tampa Bay 7 p.m.

2 days off between games 2 & 3 and then again between 4 & 5.
The days off this series might just be to our favor this time!

Flyers26 is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 08:41 AM
  #3
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,122
vCash: 500
I agree, it will be crucial to split in Tampa Bay. I think game 1 would be the easier game to win since Tampa has been off so long and should be rusty. If the Flyers win this series it will be in 6 or 7. it will take an extraordinary effort since Tampa has so much speed. The play of Gagne, Kapanen, Recchi, Roenick, Zhamnov, Amonte, the play of our best skaters will be crucial, because of the countering team speed. I don't know if matching up Primeau against a line with Martin St. Louis on it will be entirely effective, they might be better off putting Zhamnov's line against them. However, Tampa Bay switches lines more than we do. Definetaly a hard matchup, if you ask me, it favors Tampa Bay, I just don't like the way we match up against them.

GKJ is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 08:46 AM
  #4
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I agree, it will be crucial to split in Tampa Bay. I think game 1 would be the easier game to win since Tampa has been off so long and should be rusty. If the Flyers win this series it will be in 6 or 7. it will take an extraordinary effort since Tampa has so much speed. The play of Gagne, Kapanen, Recchi, Roenick, Zhamnov, Amonte, the play of our best skaters will be crucial, because of the countering team speed. I don't know if matching up Primeau against a line with Martin St. Louis on it will be entirely effective, they might be better off putting Zhamnov's line against them. However, Tampa Bay switches lines more than we do. Definetaly a hard matchup, if you ask me, it favors Tampa Bay, I just don't like the way we match up against them.
I agree, but lets hope for the best.

Cuiff is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 09:31 AM
  #5
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,122
vCash: 500
The weather channel is predicting 80 degrees for Saturday. Welcome to May hockey!

GKJ is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 09:39 AM
  #6
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,930
vCash: 500
I hate Saturday afternoon games -- I'll be in my car somewhere between Ontario and Florida both Saturdays. Stupid ABC!!

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 02:11 PM
  #7
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,148
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
I am so excited about this series.



What the hell is up with all of the afternoon games.

JOHNBOY is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 02:23 PM
  #8
ObeySteve
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,552
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ObeySteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
I am so excited about this series.



What the hell is up with all of the afternoon games.
Uhhh...

There's only two of them, and they're both on Saturdays anyway.

ObeySteve is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 02:25 PM
  #9
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,148
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySteve
Uhhh...

There's only two of them, and they're both on Saturdays anyway.
I meant through out all of the playoffs.

There have been alot more this year than last year.

JOHNBOY is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 03:56 PM
  #10
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
I meant through out all of the playoffs.

There have been alot more this year than last year.

not really

GKJ is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 04:59 PM
  #11
donelikedinner
Registered User
 
donelikedinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: In a house
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
I meant through out all of the playoffs.

There have been alot more this year than last year.
you can blame abc for these stupid start times. they don't want to compete against basketball, nascar, golf, cheerleading, women's bowling, midget triathalon, frog jumping or hillbilly haircuts.

donelikedinner is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 05:08 PM
  #12
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,148
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
you can blame abc for these stupid start times. they don't want to compete against basketball, nascar, golf, cheerleading, women's bowling, midget triathalon, frog jumping or hillbilly haircuts.
:lol

JOHNBOY is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 06:56 PM
  #13
capn89*
 
capn89*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
you can blame abc for these stupid start times. they don't want to compete against basketball, nascar, golf, cheerleading, women's bowling, midget triathalon, frog jumping or hillbilly haircuts.
LMMFAO that's got to be one of the funniest things I've heard all month.

capn89* is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 07:30 PM
  #14
FlyersHomer DM03
Registered User
 
FlyersHomer DM03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Allentown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
[B]
*6 Thur., May 20 Tampa Bay at Philadelphia 7:30 p.m.
hockey on my 18th birthday

game six will either be "i need a cigarette" time, or "lets lite up a cigar!" time.

four years ago on my birthday, craig berube's game winner puts the flyers up 2-1 or 3-1 i forget

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline  
Old
05-07-2004, 01:29 PM
  #15
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,902
vCash: 500
Since im gonna be gone most of the weekend ill give you what i think now

Who ever controls the tempo will win the series. TB will obviously try to use the great skating forwards they have and the Flyers i think are gonna want to turn it in to a street fight. they are gonna hit them hard and often.
The key to me thou will be if the Flyers can play a physical brand of hockey and play with control and discipline i believe they have an excellent chance to win this series. But they will have to play 60 minutes every game. if they take whole periods off like they have in some of these playoff games, they will get beat.

I think in the end the Flyers will just have too much depth, too much experience and too much heart and will win this series in 6 games.
Before Lightning fans jump all over me, i have a great amount of respect for Tampa. I think they have one hellava club and its gonna take arguabally the best effort out of the Flyers to beat them. I think the Flyers will raise there game to the next level and get the job done.

LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace guys and for all you Moms out there happy Mothers Day in advance

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
05-07-2004, 03:43 PM
  #16
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,930
vCash: 500
I JUST GOT TICKETS FOR GAME 2 IN TAMPA!!!!!!!!

GO FLYERS!!!



If the playoff avatar changes, can somebody change mine please? I'm leaving first thing in the morning for Florida and won't be near a computer for a week. Thanks!

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
05-08-2004, 04:55 AM
  #17
The Seeker 25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hockey Falls, PA
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
I JUST GOT TICKETS FOR GAME 2 IN TAMPA!!!!!!!!

GO FLYERS!!!



If the playoff avatar changes, can somebody change mine please? I'm leaving first thing in the morning for Florida and won't be near a computer for a week. Thanks!
Hey, have a great time at the game.....it'll be good to have as many people there rooting for the Flyers as possible!

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!

The Seeker 25 is offline  
Old
05-08-2004, 11:32 AM
  #18
Diesel
Registered User
 
Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Bill Clement predicts the Flyers in 6. I disagree. I say Philly in a 4 game sweep.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nhl/playoff...ry?page=phitam


Last edited by Diesel: 05-08-2004 at 11:34 AM. Reason: left something out
Diesel is offline  
Old
05-08-2004, 02:26 PM
  #19
Fan-of-#9
Registered User
 
Fan-of-#9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Southern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,775
vCash: 500
Good Luck guys and girls. I really cannot stand the thought of a SJ vs. TB final. A Calgary vs. Philly final would be great IMO.

Fan-of-#9 is offline  
Old
05-09-2004, 11:49 PM
  #20
Synthetic
Registered User
 
Synthetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Columbia, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
I don't care who wins in either series, honestly.

I'm pulling for Philly and Calgary, but I've been on the Bolts bandwagon from last year and the Sharks got my respect for kicking some Avalanche ass.

If Philly doesn't win it, I'm rooting for Calgary, or Tampa, or the Bolts.

It's a great time for me since New Jersey, Dallas, Colorado, Ottawa, Toronto, and Detroit are all out.

Woo! Go everyone! Philly mostly, though!

Synthetic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.