HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sami Kapanen hit - I have video download

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2004, 08:45 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

vCash: 500
any kind of report on sami? i'm sure he has a concussion or at least a severe headache.

If it were anyone else hitting him I'd say it were a player getting carried away in the heat of the moment, but it was Darcy Tucker. This guy's been running at people all series, ran at Malakhov from the blue line and caused him to miss a game. I'd expect no less from him, but he proved he can be as cheap as he wants and the guy still made a gutsier move to help his team keep the play going and end the series.

Old
05-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Bloody Sabbath

Send a message via MSN to Bloody Sabbath
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique
Give me a break, if someone like Roenick or Brashear or Primeau had just KO'd someone on the Leafs, be it Domi, Tucker, Mogilny or whoever, the reaction woulda been identical in Philadelphia.

Gotta give it up to Kapanen, though. He's a tough little bugger.
well said, and so true.

kappy deserves a round of applause from all hockey fans but it's true that philly fans would have cheered the same play had it been ANY leaf in that position.

Old
05-05-2004, 09:39 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_tml89
well said, and so true.

kappy deserves a round of applause from all hockey fans but it's true that philly fans would have cheered the same play had it been ANY leaf in that position.
You generalize far too much. I WOULD have cheered a hit like that on the live action play immediately, but after seeing a guy look like he just took a spin on the whirl o'wonder I wouldn't have been jumping up and down like the classless leaf fans at the ACC. And on top of that, as I also stated before... cheering the intial hit is one thing, I have nothing against it... I just have a problem with the people wearing blue tinted blinders who have clips of the hit and still won't admit that their choir boy Tucker didn't cheap shot Kapanen.

Old
05-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy Version 1.3
If Tucker was as cheap as everyone makes him out to be, he wouldn't have as much respect around the League as he does, including the full respect of the flyers inspirational leader Jeremy Roenick.

I also find it hypocritical of a team that was the biggest disgrace to the game the 70s Flyers, although I suspect too many of you were too young and have limited knowledge of the game, to be calling other teams cheap shot artists and what not. The biggest cheapshotting coward EVER to play the game is the General Manager of the flyers. Running from the lip and hiding behind goons is how he made his career. He hasn't changed much since retiring.
Half of us weren't even alive when Clarkie played. Clarke was a dirty player - sure but that was a different era and he won the cup twice. btw hockey is a FAD in Tampa- just like parachute pants.

Old
05-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_tml89
well said, and so true.

Sure we would have cheered - but Brashear would have got 10 games, Primeau at least 2 and Roenick probably 5. That's a fact.

Old
05-05-2004, 11:47 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
He left his feet and used his elbow. Thats not a legal check. No wonder people call Leaf fans total homers.
Ya and Roenick didn't leave his feet on the antropov hit in game 5

Old
05-05-2004, 11:55 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
He didn't.

Old
05-05-2004, 11:56 PM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Whats really disgusting is the reaction of the Leaf fans when Sammi was struggling to get to his feet. Those pukes were laughing and cheering.
Well, look at it this way, MJ: those that were cheering were only doing so for about forty seconds.

The feeling in Phiily today was strange. I diverted from NPR and XPN for awhile today to WIP, and I actually didn't hear any Eagles calls - all Flyers. The wave was cresting, man. What a strange, good feeling in the 'hood today.

Old
05-06-2004, 04:55 AM
FinnoHab

Thanks for putting that video up for download! I hadn't seen that clip at all (not a lot of hockey highlights on TV here) and while I've always liked Kapanen, this takes my appreciation for him to a whole new level.

Where's Don Cherry and his "euros are soft" party line now?

Old
05-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:

What hit were you watching Helen?

Old
05-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Thanks for pointing that out but I dont really see what it has to do with anything.

Old
05-06-2004, 10:29 AM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McGillis 03
any kind of report on sami? i'm sure he has a concussion or at least a severe headache.

If it were anyone else hitting him I'd say it were a player getting carried away in the heat of the moment, but it was Darcy Tucker. This guy's been running at people all series, ran at Malakhov from the blue line and caused him to miss a game. I'd expect no less from him, but he proved he can be as cheap as he wants and the guy still made a gutsier move to help his team keep the play going and end the series.
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/spo...ey/8598827.htm

Quote:
[Kapanen] is feeling great," coach Ken Hitchcock said yesterday. "Malakhov had a good day. Unless something happens overnight, we're expecting all those guys on the ice [today] for practice."

Old
05-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Bloody Sabbath

Send a message via MSN to Bloody Sabbath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineers
Sure we would have cheered - but Brashear would have got 10 games, Primeau at least 2 and Roenick probably 5. That's a fact.
you can't just assume that.

Old
05-06-2004, 10:23 PM
FinnoHab

Seems that jplush's file is not on the server anymore (the link in the original post).. which is understandable considering the file size.

Needing to get the clip to a friend of mine, I edited it into a smaller file (smaller resolution but still pretty high quality and the same length) which is 4.7 MB.

If someone wants the file, send me a PM with your email address (if your mailbox can handle big attachments, that is) and I can send it to you.

Last edited by FinnoHab: 05-06-2004 at 11:17 PM.
Old
05-06-2004, 11:25 PM
jplush76

Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
yea guys I had to take the file down, I just got a bill from my host and I'm 8 GIGs over my traffic. It just cost me $63.00 to post that video file

Old
05-06-2004, 11:39 PM
FinnoHab

man that sucks sorry to hear that jplush.

if I was in LA, I'd buy you a beer.

Old
05-07-2004, 12:10 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplush76
yea guys I had to take the file down, I just got a bill from my host and I'm 8 GIGs over my traffic. It just cost me $63.00 to post that video file
Hey, want me to send you like 5 or 10 bucks or something? Anything can help, eh?

Old
05-07-2004, 12:50 AM
jplush76

Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
hey thanks guys.. .dont worry about it... I'll chalk it up to my flyers contribution for the year lol

I just can't believe how many people downloaded it, crazy stuff

Closed Thread