HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Tversity (and media streaming) Question

Old
04-06-2010, 09:44 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Tversity (and media streaming) Question

I was wondering if anyone here had some experience with Tversity. I've been using it a long time with no problems and I had to format and reinstall recently. I did and now Tversity works to stream most normal media as usual except now I can't stream youtube videos. Tversity finds the video but has a tremendous amount of trouble loading them and then fails to load them. I've tried numerous videos which I know are up and working on youtube.

I checked my net connection, it was fine, absolutely no reason why it couldn't play the videos. I really can't figure it out. Does anyone know why Tversity would choke when trying to stream videos?

Also I was wondering if anyone knew of any good RSS feeds that work with Tversity or any tv streams you can add and how.

Also if not Tversity which app do you use to stream stuff, why do you use it, and please do name any specific features that one would like about your alternative. Tversity is beginning to get on my nerves now /sigh.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

What's Tversity? Some kind of TV show streaming website? I know of one that's better.

After doing research it's some thing used to stream to 360 or ps3, I don't have either so I can't really help, sorry

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:18 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
What's Tversity? Some kind of TV show streaming website? I know of one that's better.

After doing research it's some thing used to stream to 360 or ps3, I don't have either so I can't really help, sorry
It's OK, I have it semi figured out.

Well, I don't know really, some of the videos started working and others simply don't still, it's weird to cause now some of them say no tracks when I know for a fact they do have tracks.

One really annoying thing I noticed, you can add a playlist with like 1000 songs and it'll only add the first 20 or so.

I think a combination of windows firewall and tversity being a piece of crap are the problem. Disabling the windows firewall (I have eset and I configure THAT to block stuff, furthermore made a rule for tversity) seemed to make SOME videos viewable now.

I just want another software all together, but the other ones I've tried are half as good and twice as ******

Old
04-07-2010, 09:26 AM
dogbazinho

I use Windows Media Player to stream to my ps3. It works reasonably well when my PS3 recognizes the media file's codecs. I really cant think of any feature or advantage to this over your application than ease of use.

dogbazinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:03 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTClikeCandy View Post
I use Windows Media Player to stream to my ps3. It works reasonably well when my PS3 recognizes the media file's codecs. I really cant think of any feature or advantage to this over your application than ease of use.
Yeah, I don't really use Tversity because of ease of use but rather, prior to my reformatting it played just about anything I threw at it. Every now and then (rarely) a video would not have audio for some weird reason but I would just re-encode the video with mp3 audio and voila.

I think my Tversity is just being a *****

Old
04-07-2010, 02:57 PM
dogbazinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah, I don't really use Tversity because of ease of use but rather, prior to my reformatting it played just about anything I threw at it. Every now and then (rarely) a video would not have audio for some weird reason but I would just re-encode the video with mp3 audio and voila.

I think my Tversity is just being a *****
Are you streaming to a ps3? I've noticed my ps3 often has problems playing files. I'd receive "unknown file format" but I always attributed it to the codecs. Sometimes I'll reencode them and manage to get it to work. Do you think Tversity would help with this?

dogbazinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:31 PM
bigred50

Use PS3 Media Server.

Uses far less computer resources than TVersity, WMP, etc. and is compatible with more files.

bigred50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 11:22 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTClikeCandy View Post
Are you streaming to a ps3? I've noticed my ps3 often has problems playing files. I'd receive "unknown file format" but I always attributed it to the codecs. Sometimes I'll reencode them and manage to get it to work. Do you think Tversity would help with this?
Yes that is exactly what I use it for. Usually a Klite codec pack *full* will fix any problems but as said, the rare time it happens that say audio won't play, I just re-encode it.

Haven't had an issue with video yet, and never had an issue with youtube videos before, only now.

I still would love to get video rss working though, usually out of like 30 RSS video feeds I add, like one works.

Anyone know more about RSS who knows why this is? Or at least, knows a place where you can find feeds that work with Tversity and other streaming apps?

Tversity can be a ***** but not nearly as much as the other media servers I've tried, PS3 Media Server and WMP inclusive.

There was another one I also tried (forget the name) and it was terrible, worst I've ever seen. I have a router that is designed to be able to stream media properly and all my wireless cards are as well, so choppyness/skipping is never an issue, Tversity works great for most things, just not this specific issue with RSS and now for some reason, certain Youtube videos.

I'd like it also if they patched it so that when you add a playlist of 100 songs (youtube playlist) it adds all 100 not like 15-20.

Another thing I wish I could get is Hulu functionality. If you have a Hulu account Tversity can stream to it /wrists, lucky Americans.

Old
04-08-2010, 11:24 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred50 View Post
Use PS3 Media Server.

Uses far less computer resources than TVersity, WMP, etc. and is compatible with more files.
I've had practically no compatibility issues with various file formats, and I couldn't care less about resources, my machine can handle 4x Tversity running if I wanted it to so it's really no big deal.

I tried PS3 Media Server and it was a bag of fail for me, kept giving me problems and then when I tried tversity it worked right away, so I've stuck with it ever since.

I guess it can't hurt to try it another time though.

How does PS3 Media Server work with Youtube videos, playlists and RSS feeds?