HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Clinching... How Sweet It is

Old
04-07-2010, 03:45 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
If the Sekera-Butler pairing showed one thing, it is this:

How important is Rivet's steady, veteran presence on the back end there? He may not be the same player he used to be...but would anyone really take that pairing over Rivet after watching them play last night?

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Awesome game. Agree with almost all comments above.

Especially fun to watch Ennis, Monty, Tallinder and Roy last night. (I didn't see any props to Hank above, but I thought he was really strong last night and carried the puck well.)

The worst thing to happen last night was Stafford scoring that goal. I know I'm starting to sound like I have an agenda with Stafford, and I guess I do. The goal was nice and definitely timely, but 95 times out of 100, that puck is saved. The downside of the goal is that it gives Stafford more life in the lineup. Other than the goal and sticking up for Myers, he was horrible for most of the game. If you watch him closely, he botches more plays than anyone else. I know he's got talent, but I'd like to see him watch some games from upstairs -- including some playoff games.

In the meantime, I'd much prefer Torres to move up to his line.

Anyone who still doesn't think Ennis belongs on the roster needs to put down the pipe. 8 points in 7 games (and a ton of additional nice scoring chances and set-ups), and I think he'll quickly get even better as he gets used to the big leagues. The team NEEDS his offensive flair, playoff-style hockey be damned. He might get pushed off the puck several times a game, but any time he is given any time and space, he makes stuff happen. Even in a tight checking game, he will get opportunities to create quality scoring chances.
I'm not hitting the pipe.

He's right on the cusp for being here in my book. What he does over these next few games will be telling.

04-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Vito_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
He's right on the cusp for being here in my book. What he does over these next few games will be telling.
I agree.

With Connolly now being shut down for the season and Vanek probably back for the weekend, Ennis gets 4 more games to prove his worth. Gerbe will be reassigned to Portland when Vanek returns. Now Gerbe has looked the best he has in his 3 NHL stints, but he's not ready just yet for full time NHL duty, let alone being ready to play in the playoffs and produce.

It's probably going to be an Ennis vs Stafford thing down the stretch here. It'll take Ennis outperforming Stafford to bump Drew to the pressbox I would think. Similar to a title fight going the distance, the onus is on the challenger to beat the champion so anything close goes to the champ. Stafford's the vet of the two, he's got the playoff experience on his side. Anything close production wise and it'll probably go to Stafford

Vito_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
SabresFreak97

I thought this was Kennedy's best game of the year. He seemed to have "IT". Stafford made up a few of his bone headed plays. However, he needs to stay onsides. When EMT and Butler-Sekera were on, we could not find the neutral zone. Awful clearing early in the game.

Apparently the was another game in which the other team quit. So Ennis again proved nothing to some of the HFBOARDERS. Kid just can't catch a break with some of the fans.

Hopefully we can find out the last pairing for defense. Seems we have the top 4. Decent game.

SabresFreak97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Dubi Doo

Anybody have a video of the Myers-Callahan incident? I've been looking everywhere for it.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 05:37 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaoulDo0k View Post
I really loved Montador skating around two or three Rangers and giving Ennis his goal. Up to that point the poor kid couldn't buy one.
Monty's move was a beauty, but if you watch the replay, you'll see that Ennis' goal wasn't exactly a layup. He was under pressure and had little room to shoot. Hardly anyone else on the team would have made that shot.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:26 PM
barnell
butter knife hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Monty's move was a beauty, but if you watch the replay, you'll see that Ennis' goal wasn't exactly a layup. He was under pressure and had little room to shoot. Hardly anyone else on the team would have made that shot.
Oh absolutely not. But when I was watching the game it was almost like Monty told Ennis "Stick by me kick, I'm taking you to the promised land!" Especially after Ennis was robbed like 2 other times before.

barnell is offline   Reply With Quote