HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Random Thought of the Day

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2011, 12:11 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
You could be right. it's just hard for me to imagine anyone taking interest in a kid to go to juniors if he never scored. I feel like he would have been lost in the shuffle. You know better than me though, so I digress.
he really didnt draw much attention to himself.

he was undrafted.

signed as a FA with LA in 2000, got a couple of cups of coffe before the preds signed him in the lockout year. he had a 'breakout" AHL season with 11 goals which presumably got him called up to Nashville in 05-06 where he stuck.

Old
06-14-2011, 12:58 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Last I knew you were still looking for work. What are you up to these days?
Working a production job, basically juggling and breaking dishes for 14 an hour with lots of overtime. Hey, I get 500 a week after taxes. Also going to be going to school part time. Still trying to get out of the psychological hole I was in but breaking ym agrophobia and anti social tendancies. Plumped up a little bit but held weight so now getting back on the horse to trim down to 200lbs. I will finally build up the strength to go visit my love's grave in Canada this month.

Old
06-14-2011, 05:09 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Working a production job, basically juggling and breaking dishes for 14 an hour with lots of overtime. Hey, I get 500 a week after taxes. Also going to be going to school part time. Still trying to get out of the psychological hole I was in but breaking ym agrophobia and anti social tendancies. Plumped up a little bit but held weight so now getting back on the horse to trim down to 200lbs. I will finally build up the strength to go visit my love's grave in Canada this month.
Hey whatever pays the bills, right? I know how bad those jobs can be. Worked three years in a steel fabrication/industrial contractor gig and another stint cutting 50,000lb coils of sheet metal into smaller coils. Sounds like you're getting your head back on straight so that's good to hear. Enjoy school. I know I am

edit: oh and I saw this on twitter...

@predsnhl
Quote:
Big thanks to all the Smashvillians who helped make @brdgstonearena the 4th busiest concert venue in the world during April!

Last edited by TMI: 06-14-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old
06-15-2011, 11:55 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

So I was talking Predators hockey with a Canadian friend and a South African friend overheard me and interrupted me, asked "Wait what? There is actually a hockey team called the Nashville Creditors?"

I couldn't stop laughing, he misheard me however it would be cool to have a professional sports team called the Creditors, think of all the slogans and chants you could do!

"You're past due!"
"We're going to foreclose on you!"
etc.

Old
06-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Top 6 Spaling

What do you guys think of Bettman? personally, I dont mind him. He gets booed everywhere, so he had to do something wrong, but I can't find anything major?

Old
06-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
What do you guys think of Bettman? personally, I dont mind him. He gets booed everywhere, so he had to do something wrong, but I can't find anything major?
you mind if I post this in the main forum ?

Old
06-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
you mind if I post this in the main forum ?
You can, but there was a thread like that awhile ago and it quickly degenerated to "BETTMAN SUXXX CUZ HE HATEZ CANADA!!!!?!!!1!!", so I figured we would try to have an actual discussion.

Old
06-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
You can, but there was a thread like that awhile ago and it quickly degenerated to "BETTMAN SUXXX CUZ HE HATEZ CANADA!!!!?!!!1!!", so I figured we would try to have an actual discussion.
Carolina doesn't have any other Major League Sport, so it's kind of easy to get behind one professional team.

Well the fans of the league thought the NHL should've expanded into markets that aren't traditional (Phoenix is bleeding money left right & center), Atlanta (sorry guys - it's a notorious bad pro sports town), Florida (really, Sunrise, FL?) ... it like an hour and a half from Miami.

Old
06-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
So I was talking Predators hockey with a Canadian friend and a South African friend overheard me and interrupted me, asked "Wait what? There is actually a hockey team called the Nashville Creditors?"

I couldn't stop laughing, he misheard me however it would be cool to have a professional sports team called the Creditors, think of all the slogans and chants you could do!

"You're past due!"
etc.
One of the best posts of the year.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:38 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Carolina doesn't have any other Major League Sport, so it's kind of easy to get behind one professional team.

Well the fans of the league thought the NHL should've expanded into markets that aren't traditional (Phoenix is bleeding money left right & center), Atlanta (sorry guys - it's a notorious bad pro sports town), Florida (really, Sunrise, FL?) ... it like an hour and a half from Miami.
In fairness, the Panthers were housed in downtown Miami initially before moving to Sunrise a few years later.

Old
06-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post

"You're past due!"
etc.
Sadly, it'd be quickly ruined by every single "witty" sportscaster making "pay the price" jokes every time there's any physical contact.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-22-2011, 12:04 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

When life knocks you down, it picks you back up... throws you against the wall, kicks you in the ribs four or five times, and when you start to get up, it comes back and steps on your face.

If I make it to 40 after all I've been through this year, I'm calling it a miracle.

Old
06-22-2011, 12:19 AM
Nitrous Mafia

^^^

((((( vibes )))))

Old
06-22-2011, 11:24 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
When life knocks you down, it picks you back up... throws you against the wall, kicks you in the ribs four or five times, and when you start to get up, it comes back and steps on your face.

If I make it to 40 after all I've been through this year, I'm calling it a miracle.
best way to deal with this is how I dealt with 2010. Imagine life as a big foot constantly stepping on you. You reaching up grabbing the foot and breaking it at the ankle.

Sometimes you have to use God as a punching bag. Sometimes you rage and scream and cry. But always move forward. Live. Life is shorter than **** and you need to realize that life is the best teacher and will gleefully kick you in the nuts.

Just remember, like everyone else you are worthy of life and love. You are worthy of your dreams and the pursuit of happyness.

**** the world, it will **** you back.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:29 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:

I was surprised to hit 30 last year. about a month and a half before my 30th Birthday, I checked into the hospital with my blood pressure at 255/170 and blood sugar around 500. needless to say, I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure and Diabetes, but the doctors were most impressed that not only was I still conscious, I drove myself to the hospital.

Any of you ever have one of those moments like that where you really should be dead, but you're not?

Old
06-22-2011, 01:12 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:

Same here. My mom's failing health, losing my job soon, lost my hockey team, gotten the flu twice this year (only got it twice in 10 years before), older torn ligament in my ankle is slow to heal, torn ligament in my thumb on my writing hand now, a nasty sinus infection that won't go away, eyesight getting worse (though that's normal in your late 30s).
Life has had the boot to my nuts for the past five months.

Got knocked down? Get up quick and take another swing.
Got no reason whatsoever to smile? Smile bigger than you have before.

Old
06-22-2011, 01:49 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Ya know though...I'm convinced that for everything bad that happens in your life, a good thing also happens. It's tough, but you really do have to find the best in every situation.

Old
06-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
Ya know though...I'm convinced that for everything bad that happens in your life, a good thing also happens. It's tough, but you really do have to find the best in every situation.
In the words of my good friend who passed away a few years ago, "**** happens to good people but it is the good people who determine just how ****** it really is."

Old
06-24-2011, 04:47 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I can't believe I left my girlfriend's gift from Italy in my apartment in England... I am going to have to get my buddy to send it over... overnight it. Going to cost a fortune but I know it is worth it.

SUCKS!

Old
06-24-2011, 05:27 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I can't believe I left my girlfriend's gift from Italy in my apartment in England... I am going to have to get my buddy to send it over... overnight it. Going to cost a fortune but I know it is worth it.

SUCKS!
What is it?

Old
06-24-2011, 12:16 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
I was surprised to hit 30 last year. about a month and a half before my 30th Birthday, I checked into the hospital with my blood pressure at 255/170 and blood sugar around 500. needless to say, I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure and Diabetes, but the doctors were most impressed that not only was I still conscious, I drove myself to the hospital.

Any of you ever have one of those moments like that where you really should be dead, but you're not?
I was born premature, and my lungs weren't functioning. Wasn't supposed to make it out of the hospital.

I also made some poor decisions when I was younger (I won't go into detail but it involved things you shouldn't spend money on and being in seedy areas really late at night, every night) that should have at least landed me in legal trouble

And then there was one time last year when I was working at MacSteel. Was nearly knocked out by a coil of sheet metal and dragged into a 20 foot pit (was saved by a 16th of an inch steel band). I don't think that would have worked out in my favor at all.

Fun times, but those times are when you learn your lessons (except the premature thing. I was too young to learn anything then)

Old
06-24-2011, 03:02 PM
kakemono

Wow, what a bunch of Debbie Downers... Stop blaming everything on exterior things. Blame yourself and take charge.

Life is what you make it and if your life sucks, that is your fault.

Old
07-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Top 6 Spaling

From the Isreali league:

Old
07-14-2011, 10:32 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
From the Isreali league:

Do the play on Shabbos?

I know Walter doesn't roll on Shabbos.

Old
07-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Firestorm

Ya'll know that Preds T-shirt I bought, it shrunk in the wash. What used to be a large T-shirt is now a tight medium. Any takers?

Closed Thread