Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

[FIN] arsi piispanen?

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2004, 02:37 PM
RDriesen

vCash: 500
[FIN] arsi piispanen?

can anyone tell me how hes played this year, how he is progressing. has he gotten better, put any weight on? as a CBJ fan i was hoping we got a steal in arsi. what do you think about his future in the nhl? when will he make it over to NA?

Thanks a lot in advance

Old
05-04-2004, 11:30 AM
RDriesen

THANKS for the help guys

Old
05-04-2004, 06:55 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen
can anyone tell me how hes played this year, how he is progressing. has he gotten better, put any weight on? as a CBJ fan i was hoping we got a steal in arsi. what do you think about his future in the nhl? when will he make it over to NA?

Thanks a lot in advance
Laituri, eh or Padawan might know a little about him. Since he spent almost all of the season in juniors, not many people here have seen him in action.

Old
05-05-2004, 01:26 AM
eh

Send a message via ICQ to eh Send a message via MSN to eh Send a message via Yahoo to eh
There have been so many Piispanen threads that I'm sure you can find one of them with the search function. He had a good first half of the season, but couldn't quite keep up the scoring pace during the latter part. He's just as skinny as he always was. He still remains a project, but the potential is there. There aren't too many 6'4" guys with his puck skills around. I'm a bit worried about his progress because he looked better early in the season than during the spring.

Btw, he was transferred form Jokerit back to his original home town team JYP Jyväskylä, where he'll have more of a chance to play in SM-liiga instead of remaining in the juniors for one more year.

Old
05-05-2004, 07:18 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh
There have been so many Piispanen threads that I'm sure you can find one of them with the search function.
That seems to be gone for some reason. But try to look for topics from the older pages.

Old
05-06-2004, 03:29 AM
eh

Send a message via ICQ to eh Send a message via MSN to eh Send a message via Yahoo to eh
More info on Arsi's first half of the season here. As I already said, the second half wasn't quite as good. He did dress for some playoff games of the senior team when they had injury troubles, but didn't play a shift, IIRC.

Old
05-07-2004, 05:10 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh
Btw, he was transferred form Jokerit back to his original home town team JYP Jyväskylä, where he'll have more of a chance to play in SM-liiga instead of remaining in the juniors for one more year.
He is set to start with the JYP A junior team according to JYP's official site. I would like to see him as a regular in JYP's SM-Liiga team but it seems that JYP's management has different plans for him.

Old
05-07-2004, 06:22 AM
eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
He is set to start with the JYP A junior team according to JYP's official site. I would like to see him as a regular in JYP's SM-Liiga team but it seems that JYP's management has different plans for him.
That's not really a surprise, he's mostly useful in an offensive role and he's not strong enough to play regularly in SM-liiga yet. Anyway, he has a better chance of making the senior team in JYP.

Closed Thread