HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The trade value of our goalies

Old
04-07-2010, 02:00 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

vCash: 500
The trade value of our goalies

Just thought I'd start a thread about what Other teams have said (on the main board) that they'd offer and like to hear what Habs fans have to say about those offers, and what they'd want in return for either goalie

Btw if you've seen an offer just mention it and I'll add it too the list

current offers Note* these are basic pieces draft picks would have to be added to one or both sides, some i've added because it's needed
Halak for Clowe
Halak / Price for St. Louis 1st(12-14th)
Price / (some include patches some don't for JVR
Halak + 2nd for Giroux
Halak/Price for Hartnell + Coburn
Halak/Price +2nd for Tampa Bay 1st (3rd-6th overall)
Halak for Sharp
Halak/ Price for Perron
Halak/Price for Penner, Smid and a 2nd
Price for Gagner+Penner

Halak for a 2nd and Ryder

Personally I favor a high draft pick Like tampa's I know we are in a win now mentality but were do we fit this salary that would come back? Put it this way if we could use that pick to grab someone like Fowler/gudbranson/connolly I think it'll be more then worth it in a few years with Subban on the way, A subban Fowler pairing in the future would be unreal

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:35 PM
A Zen Master

what we need isn't a new thread, it's a new subforum for price and halak and price vs. halak and trading price and halak.

A Zen Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:40 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Zen Master View Post
what we need isn't a new thread, it's a new subforum for price and halak and price vs. halak and trading price and halak.
It's just a condensed thread for all the trade offers i've heard and im sure others have heard so fans can voice what they want in return for them

Old
04-07-2010, 02:43 PM
PlayersCoach

Quote:
Halak for Clowe
I don't think Clowe is quite the player we need, however, this is probably a realistic sort of return.

Quote:
I might send Halak in this trade, but not Price. Still, I'd probably rather send Halak for Clowe.

Quote:
This is one I would think long and hard about. As much as I don't want to trade Price, JVR is very, very good.

Quote:
Halak + 2nd for Giroux
I wouldn't even trade Halak for Giroux straight up. We don't need another little tiny forward.

Quote:
I would be all over Halak for Hartnell and Coburn in a straight-up hockey trade, unfortunately we would have to somehow make the salaries work. Halak + Hamrlik for Hartnell and Coburn. Done.

Quote:
Halak yes, Price no.

Quote:
Halak for Sharp
I would do this.

Quote:
Halak/ Price for Perron
Halak yes, Price no.

Quote:
I have previously suggested Halak, Pacioretty and Hamrlik for Penner and Smid. So this is something close. I don't see a way we can trade Price to Edmonton. They don't have the requisite value to send back our way.

Quote:
Price for Gagner+Penner
This is the worst offer in the list.

PlayersCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
The Tampa pick is really interesting,I don't think they would make that deal however since they wanna have as many cheap players(contracts) going forward

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:47 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I would LOVE Halak to Tampa for their 1st this year. I would drive him myself.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:50 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
The Tampa pick is really interesting,I don't think they would make that deal however since they wanna have as many cheap players(contracts) going forward
Yeah but they've always been the team that are willing to trade that player for a chance at winning sooner, and getting Halak is what they would need along with stamkos and hedman

Old
04-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
Yeah but they've always been the team that are willing to trade that player for a chance at winning sooner, and getting Halak is what they would need along with stamkos and hedman
I'm sure they would prefer Price,it's a reall though decision but if that pick is top 5 I personally would make that deal

Old
04-07-2010, 03:02 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Can we at least agree that neither goalie under any circumstances should EVER be traded to an Eastern Conference team?

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Can we at least agree that neither goalie under any circumstances should EVER be traded to an Eastern Conference team?
I know it won't happen but you wouldn't trade either goalie for Crosby,Ovechkin,Malkin just saying.

If the deal lands you something that you think will be better long term,why wouldn't you deal him?

So you think the Bruins regret the trade with the Leafs?

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 04-07-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old
04-07-2010, 03:06 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I know it won't happen but you wouldn't trade either goalie for Crosby,Ovechkin,Malkin just saying.

If the deal lands you something that you think will be better long term,why wouldn't you deal him?
My thoughts exactly and the Tampa fan said either would do btw, I think that long term is better for this franchise especially being smashed up against the cap

Old
04-07-2010, 03:11 PM
PlayersCoach

Quote:
No, we should not agree on this.

The "not trading within division / conference" rule is absolutely ridiculous. By restricting yourself to that rule, you're basically saying that you care more about the 4-6 times you play that divisional or conference rival than you do about the 76-78 other games you play in the season.

You make whichever trade makes YOUR team the best, because even if you help that other team out in your 6-8 meetings, you help yourself more in the other 76-78 games.

Old
04-07-2010, 03:16 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

If we were dealing Price I would try and trade up to get Edmonton's 1st and draft Seguin, hes said to be a Steve Yzerman type

Old
04-07-2010, 03:29 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
If we were dealing Price I would try and trade up to get Edmonton's 1st and draft Seguin, hes said to be a Steve Yzerman type
Well unless they want the third and then ours, itd be a bit weird though

Old
04-07-2010, 03:57 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well unless they want the third and then ours, itd be a bit weird though
worth it though imo, we would get an offensive dynamo

Old
04-07-2010, 04:04 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Just thought I'd start a thread about what Other teams have said (on the main board) that they'd offer and like to hear what Habs fans have to say about those offers, and what they'd want in return for either goalie

current offers Note* these are basic pieces draft picks would have to be added to one or both sides, some i've added because it's needed
Halak for Clowe
Halak + 2nd for Giroux
Halak for Sharp
Halak/ Price for Perron
Price for Gagner+Penner

Personally I favor a high draft pick Like tampa's I know we are in a win now mentality but were do we fit this salary that would come back? Put it this way if we could use that pick to grab someone like Fowler/gudbranson/connolly I think it'll be more then worth it in a few years with Subban on the way, A subban Fowler pairing in the future would be unreal
U love starting thread dont you?

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:04 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
worth it though imo, we would get an offensive dynamo
I don't disagree but I mean the events that would need to occur for it too happen are just outrageous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
U love starting thread dont you?
I don't think i've started that many? I did this one, the magic number, and a couple other minor ones, not that many I think?

Old
04-07-2010, 04:08 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersCoach View Post

The "not trading within division / conference" rule is absolutely ridiculous. By restricting yourself to that rule, you're basically saying that you care more about the 4-6 times you play that divisional or conference rival than you do about the 76-78 other games you play in the season.

You make whichever trade makes YOUR team the best, because even if you help that other team out in your 6-8 meetings, you help yourself more in the other 76-78 games.
Let me first qualify that I in no way want either goalie traded.

The reason I would never trade to an Eastern Conference team is because should Montreal trade one of them, it won't be for true value. All these proposals are nice and all, but I doubt any trade involving one of our goalies is going to result in "wow, what a good deal for the Habs." It'll probably be a "meh" type deal.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:11 PM
DeVries*

The only really interesting pick is Tampa's first, but I would not add our 2nd with Halak or Price. Straight up or nothing.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Teufelsdreck

I'd wait until either (or both) received an offer sheet to get some idea of what each is worth on the market before agreeing to any trade.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersCoach View Post

I agree, the in division/conference stuff is over stated. I would make the trade to any team that I feel gives us the best chance of improving our club.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Oh no... here we go again.

Considering Price had a similar season to Halak's present season, but was 4 years younger than Halak when he did it, and presently gaining back his form, I'd say Price's value is a bit higher for now. Playoffs will change their value. I think both have significant value, but the problem is that there are many talented goalies in this league at a position where there are few, 60-70 out of over 700 players.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:59 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
I don't disagree but I mean the events that would need to occur for it too happen are just outrageous

Stranger things have happened

Old
04-07-2010, 05:15 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

Halak for Clowe
Halak + 2nd for Giroux
Halak for Sharp
Halak/ Price for Perron
Price for Gagner+Penner

I'm surprised this was even offered. They are both legit quality players for halak.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 05:16 PM
PlayersCoach

Quote:
Let me first qualify that I in no way want either goalie traded.

The reason I would never trade to an Eastern Conference team is because should Montreal trade one of them, it won't be for true value. All these proposals are nice and all, but I doubt any trade involving one of our goalies is going to result in "wow, what a good deal for the Habs." It'll probably be a "meh" type deal.
Fair enough, but this is more of an argument against trading the goalies at all, than it is against trading them within the Conference or Division.

I also don't think we should trade either goalie unless we get fair value.

In fact, I think Gauthier should make it public that he has no real intention of trading either goalie, as he likes both of them, and would only entertain offers from teams willing to part with value equivalent to top 10 NHL goalies.