HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Williams

Old
04-07-2010, 09:32 PM
MrSandMan*

vCash: 500
Jason Williams

Can he sit during the playoffs for Abdelkader? Williams seems to be dragging this team down.

MrSandMan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan View Post
Can he sit during the playoffs for Abdelkader? Williams seems to be dragging this team down.
Hopefully

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Williams is garbage but "dragging the team down?" Hardly.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Filppula
Jurks

Abdelkader with a goal and assist tonight. 21 pts in 31 games.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:43 PM
MrSandMan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arice89 View Post
Williams is garbage but "dragging the team down?" Hardly.
Seems like he whenever he touches the puck, he turns it over. Especially when he's on the point during the PP.

Last edited by Winger98: 04-08-2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: maybe he'll quit reposting the thing
Old
04-07-2010, 09:55 PM
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud

Well once Huds is back next year, hopefully he'll be gone. I could do without him. Was hoping he'd be better.

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 10:35 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
He will be the first sacrificial lineup change if they run into trouble in the playoffs.

Otherwise, he's a bottom six forward with some offensive skill. Meh. The real problem is getting him off the power play. It's like they're 4 on 4 when he's out there because the other teams all know he's useless and don't even cover him.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 10:41 PM
slapshots1515

You know, if Lidstrom and Rafalski weren't that good together, I would say put one on each PP line as the PPQB. The problem is, they are that good together.

slapshots1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 10:47 PM
MrSandMan*

I'd rather Stuart and Kronwall on the back end for the 2nd PP unit than Williams. Atleast Stuat can redirect the puck in net.

Old
04-08-2010, 05:42 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

I doubt they will immediately drop Williams. But he is truly useless. There is no other word, just useless. He doesn't shoot on the PP and mostly loses the puck, he doesn't make any plays and gets a goal every once in a while. That's not enough, I'm afraid.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

seriously i'd contemplate replacin him in the lineup NOW with Meech and in playoffs wit Abby b/c he don't shoot, constantly turns it over in general and especially on PP. He tries to dangle like Dats n epic fails erry time.Y cant Stuart jus be on 2nd PP, if Babs wants a Right shot dat bad either double shift Raffy or what da hell try Eaves there. He is just awful im friends wit a Thrashers fan who warned me of his uselessness i said na he was that terrible las time he was here(even tho he did get traded 4 Kyle Calder). But yup he was right awful, useless, ****, ass, trash, garbage, whateva u use 2 descirbe him is fine. Hes decent on shootouts n it ends there. He did have that 1 clutch goal earlier in da yr but who cares bout dat now.

I would be more than extremely surprised if he comes back n even more pissed if he does. Easily replacable by Abby or Ritola next yr and we can use that 1.5 2 keep Bert, put towards a FA like Frolov or put towards Hudlers contract if he comes back.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 10:30 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
I forget what game it was but some TV broadcast I was watching put up a picture of Justin Williams when J-Will was on camera. Might have been the long shootout game vs the Preds. I got a kick out of that.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 10:55 AM
ashenhigh

Williams is an atrocity on the point during the PP...

biggest waste of a million bucks in the world. Rather have Stuart playing the point.

ashenhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Harnessed in Slums

You know Patrick Eaves is a right-handed shot, has a good shot and is solid as far as not being a turnover machine. Oh and he has 11 goals compared to J-Will's 6. With little to no PP time (no PP points).

Now obviously you don't want Eaves during the shootout but that's obviously not a concern come playoff time. So I'd be down with having Abdelkader replace Willy at EVS and giving Eaves a shot on the point.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 06:33 PM
FabricDetails

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
You know Patrick Eaves is a right-handed shot, has a good shot and is solid as far as not being a turnover machine. Oh and he has 11 goals compared to J-Will's 6. With little to no PP time (no PP points).
This is true. At the same time, the minute distribution has it so that Eaves plays on the PK for special teams. There are only three players on the Red Wings who play in all situations. Nick, Nik and Z. Everyone else only plays on one special team. Rafalski on the PP, Stuart on the PK, Lilja on the PK, etc.

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 08:07 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan View Post
Seems like he whenever he touches the puck, he turns it over. Especially when he's on the point during the PP.
Thats not dragging the team down.

Anyway, I liked the signing in the summer but this **** has got to go. He's probably right there with biggest disappoitment or biggest Red Wing bust this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post

Now obviously you don't want Eaves during the shootout but that's obviously not a concern come playoff time. So I'd be down with having Abdelkader replace Willy at EVS and giving Eaves a shot on the point.
Eaves is not a PP guy, lets face it. Williams might be bad but he's suited for top 6 while Eaves is more of a 3rd liner (damn good at that). Williams needs to go though.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Austin Wings Fan

Gosh, this thread brings back memories of 2006-2007, doesn't it?

In the bottom 6 role he is asked to play, he is completely and utterly useless. Whenever he is on the ice, I watch specifically to see if he EVER wins a loose puck battle. He almost never does. I remember watching last night and being shocked when he did come away with the puck...if a fan has that kind of reaction to a role player winning a puck battle, something is wrong.

Watching him loaf around out there compared to a guy like Miller working his ass off is infuriating. He is soft and useless without space, which he won't get on the 4th line. Total playoff liability at ES. His TOI will reflect that. Still, would Meech really be better?

As far as the PP, he has been a total disappointment. There was one time yesterday where he had the puck in space and just backed himself into the corner. It was awful. That being said, Babcock wants a RH shot, so he will continue to see time there...but if we have a PP late in regulation/OT tied or up 1, expect Stuart back there.

Austin Wings Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Huddy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
can we bring up tatar???? lol see what this cats got!!!

ABBY we know already...tatar is the next hype, bring him up...put him on 4th line..hes under radar of other teams...BAM!! hello TATAR

I dunno..just a thought...anyone but Williams, PLLLEEAASSEE

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 01:31 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
seriously i'd contemplate replacin him in the lineup NOW with Meech and in playoffs wit Abby b/c he don't shoot, constantly turns it over in general and especially on PP. He tries to dangle like Dats n epic fails erry time.Y cant Stuart jus be on 2nd PP, if Babs wants a Right shot dat bad either double shift Raffy or what da hell try Eaves there. He is just awful im friends wit a Thrashers fan who warned me of his uselessness i said na he was that terrible las time he was here(even tho he did get traded 4 Kyle Calder). But yup he was right awful, useless, ****, ass, trash, garbage, whateva u use 2 descirbe him is fine. Hes decent on shootouts n it ends there. He did have that 1 clutch goal earlier in da yr but who cares bout dat now.

I would be more than extremely surprised if he comes back n even more pissed if he does. Easily replacable by Abby or Ritola next yr and we can use that 1.5 2 keep Bert, put towards a FA like Frolov or put towards Hudlers contract if he comes back.
Are you OK?

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 02:09 AM
benusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post

not to be a dick but this was extremely hard to read, You are righ though Williams blows, he blew when we traded him and I was pissed when we signed him again.

benusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytown93 View Post
can we bring up tatar???? lol see what this cats got!!!

ABBY we know already...tatar is the next hype, bring him up...put him on 4th line..hes under radar of other teams...BAM!! hello TATAR

I dunno..just a thought...anyone but Williams, PLLLEEAASSEE
How about we get Adam Almquist on the blueline too?

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:40 AM
sepster

Quote:
There is no IF here. Jason Williams does not play good defense and CANNOT provide grit. He's about as soft a player as they come.

I was estatic when Raffi Torres essentially ended his Wings career a couple years back and will probably vomit a little if he's resigned.

IMO, whatever offense Williams provides is more than negated by the lack of backbone he brings to the team. And this opinion is from a guy who really liked Hudler and really had no problem with Samuelsson, for whatever thats worth.
I posted this back in July. It seems Williams proved every bit of a POS, useless player as a lot of us expected him to be. The playoffs can't get here soon enough so that his ass is back in the pressbox where it belongs.

Oh, and BTW, I won't go into how or who told me this so take it for what its worth, most players in the Wings locker room can't stand the guy. They see him curling away from hits, refusing to take a hit to make a play, avoid the "hard" areas of the ice just like we do. It irritates the **** out of them and they don't like that he's such a soft player. No way he's back next year.

sepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:50 AM
benusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepster View Post
I posted this back in July. It seems Williams proved every bit of a POS, useless player as a lot of us expected him to be. The playoffs can't get here soon enough so that his ass is back in the pressbox where it belongs.

Oh, and BTW, I won't go into how or who told me this so take it for what its worth, most players in the Wings locker room can't stand the guy. They see him curling away from hits, refusing to take a hit to make a play, avoid the "hard" areas of the ice just like we do. It irritates the **** out of them and they don't like that he's such a soft player. No way he's back next year.
oh come on you can't do the unnamed source thing, I mean 1st off regardless of who you say most won't believe you. 2nd even if they do it's not like we could tell anyone of any merit that we heard so and so told so and so, but still you can't just keep us hanging we are all among friends and we all dislike the way Williams plays also

benusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
This is true. At the same time, the minute distribution has it so that Eaves plays on the PK for special teams. There are only three players on the Red Wings who play in all situations. Nick, Nik and Z. Everyone else only plays on one special team. Rafalski on the PP, Stuart on the PK, Lilja on the PK, etc.
Eaves was a 20 goal guy in Ottawa and has some skill. Now obviously the Wings have kept his duties fairly limited but I think it's a mistake to not look at him possibly growing into a larger role. We expected that from Cleary who never potted 20 goals before coming to Detroit and now Cleary looks like a solid bottom 6 guy.

Eaves' father is a coach and the guy has a pretty solid hockey IQ. Willy hasn't done much so I wouldn't mind seeing Eaves get a shot on the point - if not this season then maybe next year.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 12:27 PM
DetBigWangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
How about we get Adam Almquist on the blueline too?
Hey, you never know. Almquist might look at home on the blueline.

DetBigWangs is offline   Reply With Quote