HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 80 | Columbus Blue Jackets @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D (HD) |

Old
04-07-2010, 11:50 PM
ESunlin

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Didja miss me?!

We had some family and Shoalzie over for dinner, Wings, Tigers, and beer. Always fun...

edit: I got my Ericsson bobblehead out and voodooed him when he did bad things. It scared the dog more than it was effective.

ESunlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Franzenstein

Send a message via AIM to Franzenstein
Quote:
Originally Posted by arice89 View Post

Reminds me of this:
this video cracks me up every time.

Franzenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 12:15 AM
MrSandMan*

Quote:
They turned it on in the third period," Blue Jackets defenseman Mike Commodore said. "Not a big surprise. It's what they do.
Quote by Mike Commodore

MrSandMan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan View Post
Quote by Mike Commodore
Not the first time Commodore's given the Wings props. This is what he said after the first round last year:

Quote:
When asked if Detroit could be beat in a seven-game series, veteran Blue Jackets defenseman Mike Commodore wasn't so sure.

"Those first three games they played, that's the best I've ever seen a hockey team play in the playoffs," Commodore said. "We had no opportunities."

So can they be beat?

"I don't want to say they're unbeatable because you never know, but a team is going to have to play well to beat them," Commodore said.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 12:34 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Snepsts View Post
Fun fact: Lidstrom has two -3 games this season alone.

By your airtight logic, I guess we should start Lebda ahead of Lidstrom?
Missed the game. Saw the highlights. I'll blame Lilja and Ericsson for terrible defense on goal 3.
But my god, wtf was FLip doing on the other ones?

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

So do you play Phoenix for sure now?

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 12:44 AM
SoupGuru

Lilja has never been "good". I was actually wondering what people were smoking when they were hailing his return as the second coming. I mean... he can't pass, he can't skate, he can't shoot. Last year he put together a few games of decent play and he can be pretty scrappy around the crease, but he's really not that awesome.

Pairing him with Ericsson is a bad decision. Two dumbasses that can't cover for their partner's inevitable brainfart is no good.

Anyhow, sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

Oh, and this game sucked. It looked for long stretches that we were content to let the second stringers of a bottom tier team take it to us. then we didn't really end winning the game so much as the Jackets self-destructing and losing. Ah well, motivation is a ***** this time of year against non-playoff teams.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Fun fact: Lidstrom has two -3 games this season alone.

By your airtight logic, I guess we should start Lebda ahead of Lidstrom?
The response will be: Lidstrom plays 25 minutes and against top lines. Lebda, like Lilja, plays 15 minutes and against lower lines.

Which is a legit point. However, there are even better points that show why Lilja is clearly better than Lebda, but those are ignored

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post
So do you play Phoenix for sure now?
No. The Wings are tied in points (98) with Nashville but Detroit has a game in hand. Nashville plays St. Louis while the Wings play Columbus and Chicago.

Last edited by Ricelund: 04-08-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 12:48 AM
SoupGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
The response will be: Lidstrom plays 25 minutes and against top lines. Lebda, like Lilja, plays 15 minutes and against lower lines.

Which is a legit point. However, there are even better points that show why Lilja is clearly better than Lebda, but those are ignored
Which points show that Lilja is clearly better than Lebda?

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 12:50 AM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
Lilja has never been "good". I was actually wondering what people were smoking when they were hailing his return as the second coming. I mean... he can't pass, he can't skate, he can't shoot. Last year he put together a few games of decent play and he can be pretty scrappy around the crease, but he's really not that awesome.

Pairing him with Ericsson is a bad decision. Two dumbasses that can't cover for their partner's inevitable brainfart is no good.

Anyhow, sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

Oh, and this game sucked. It looked for long stretches that we were content to let the second stringers of a bottom tier team take it to us. then we didn't really end winning the game so much as the Jackets self-destructing and losing. Ah well, motivation is a ***** this time of year against non-playoff teams.
Haha, Lilja gets Ericsson back on track, plays a dozen and half solid games himself, and then after one shaky game (a win), him and Ericsson are 'two dumbasses who shouldn't be paired together'

I've never heard anyone say Lilja is awesome, or the second coming. That seems like hyperbole to me. He's a solid, stabilizing force on the 3rd pair. Good size, reach, plays physical, blocks shots, kills penalties, takes away space. Yeah, he has his drawbacks, but no 3rd-pairing defenseman is going to be fault-free

Old
04-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by arice89 View Post
No. The Wings are tied in points (98) with Nashville but Detroit has a game in hand. Nashville playes St. Louis while the Wings play Columbus and Chicago.
Thank you.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 01:42 AM
sarcastro

Magic number for 5th seed is 3. 3 Wings points in the last 2 games and they take 5th. 2 Wings wins and a Preds OTL and the Wings take 5th. Preds lose, and the Wings need one point in either of the last two games to take 5th.

I don't really know that we can root for a seed. The Yotes are playing well and have Bryzgalov, and while the Nucks are having defensive/goalie issues, they're scoring tons of goals.

BTW - told you it was a fun fact! Look how much fun everyone is having with it!

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Magic number for 5th seed is 3. 3 Wings points in the last 2 games and they take 5th. 2 Wings wins and a Preds OTL and the Wings take 5th. Preds lose, and the Wings need one point in either of the last two games to take 5th.

I don't really know that we can root for a seed. The Yotes are playing well and have Bryzgalov, and while the Nucks are having defensive/goalie issues, they're scoring tons of goals.

What if LA wins out? 1pt behind with a game in hand. It's like they don't exist.

Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 01:55 AM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:

LA can still pass Detroit. They are one point back with one game in hand.

I still don't care who the Wings face in the first round. Less travel is preferable, but other than Chicago, everyone is 93 million miles away, so it doesn't matter much.

Old
04-08-2010, 02:26 AM
MrSandMan*

I think Wings take 6th and face Canucks in the first round.

Old
04-08-2010, 03:00 AM
Fugu

vCash:
PocketGnome does it again. 14ari13 seems intent on winning one of these.

And what the heck is RWF doing? 21 posts in a GDT? It's not the playoffs yet, RWF.

PocketGnome 31
14ari13 24
Redwingsfan 21
iRep TheWingedWheel 14
ProPAIN 11
Yemack 11
zetterberg40 11
aar000n 10
Athtar 10
theYman 9
DaFranzenator 9

Old
04-08-2010, 05:50 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Missed the game. Saw the highlights. I'll blame Lilja and Ericsson for terrible defense on goal 3.
But my god, wtf was FLip doing on the other ones?
It was a broken play, Ericsson almost got the puck out of the zone, but ...

Quote:

The Kings have a shot at 5th as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post

And what the heck is RWF doing? 21 posts in a GDT? It's not the playoffs yet, RWF.

PocketGnome 31
14ari13 24
Redwingsfan 21
iRep TheWingedWheel 14
ProPAIN 11
Yemack 11
zetterberg40 11
aar000n 10
Athtar 10
theYman 9
DaFranzenator 9
I tried hard, but maybe next time.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 06:57 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

WTF??? I am not joking, I turned off the game the second Columbus got a penalty, since my connection was ****ing up and just like that there are like 4 goals scored??? woooow

Well, that's good news, it would really be pathetic to lose to a Columbus team that had about 6 injuries including Nash.

Congratulations Red Wings, now LA needs to lose to Phoenix and we can take over the 5th spot!

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 09:29 AM
ESunlin

Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Quote:
I've never heard anyone say Lilja is awesome, or the second coming.
I said he was awesome.

I miss being at the top of the list, but y'all seem cranky, so I feel like I have not missed much!

ESunlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post

PocketGnome 31
14ari13 24
Redwingsfan 21
iRep TheWingedWheel 14
ProPAIN 11
Yemack 11
zetterberg40 11
aar000n 10
Athtar 10
theYman 9
DaFranzenator 9
I watched the game alone for once.. I had no one to talk to

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Harold Snepsts

Quote:

There is no legit point to an argument based that starts by comparing that Lebda not having any -3 games in his career while Lilja does, and implying those facts mean something about their relative worth or performance.

Harold Snepsts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
There is no legit point to an argument based that starts by comparing that Lebda not having any -3 games in his career while Lilja does, and implying those facts mean something about their relative worth or performance.
Because you say so. Good to see you've been taking HD's correspondence course.

The game last night was close because Lilja and Ericsson played so poorly. Lebda has never had a game that bad, so it stands to reason that it wouldn't have been as close with him in there.

Lilja's water carriers can dismiss the facts all they want, but facts are facts - Lebda has never had a game as bad as Lilja's game last night.

Ken and Mick are shameless water carriers for the guy. They put up a graphic last night that showed the PK before and after Lilja's return to the lineup and how it's higher with him in the lineup. Taken completely out of context and ignoring the fact that the PK was lights-out for several weeks prior to Lilja coming back and his return had no effect on the PK. Take out the first 6 weeks of the season when the PK was a mess and the numbers haven't changed at all with Lilja back in the lineup.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 12:55 PM
MrSandMan*

Quote:
Because you say so. Good to see you've been taking HD's correspondence course.

The game last night was close because Lilja and Ericsson played so poorly. Lebda has never had a game that bad, so it stands to reason that it wouldn't have been as close with him in there.

Lilja's water carriers can dismiss the facts all they want, but facts are facts - Lebda has never had a game as bad as Lilja's game last night.

Ken and Mick are shameless water carriers for the guy. They put up a graphic last night that showed the PK before and after Lilja's return to the lineup and how it's higher with him in the lineup. Taken completely out of context and ignoring the fact that the PK was lights-out for several weeks prior to Lilja coming back and his return had no effect on the PK. Take out the first 6 weeks of the season when the PK was a mess and the numbers haven't changed at all with Lilja back in the lineup.
Um. Pretty sure Lilja bailed out Howard's butt last night.

Old
04-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Fugu

vCash:
One bailout, three pretty bad plays. Jackets were skating around him like he was a pylon.....

I used to say Homer was the slowest guy on the Wings, but Lilly looked like he had 100 lb weights attached to each skate. Holy **** was he slow. He's too worried about playing the man, even up high, loses sight of the play/puck and where his teammates are on the ice. Poor, poor positional play most of the game.