HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(not) BUF @ BOS 8-Apr 7:00 ET on VS.

Old
04-09-2010, 09:01 AM
AV18

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AV18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagining Defeat View Post
Does anyone else here absolutely HATE the "Whoo!" after they announce a goal in Boston? I thought that was only a Carolina thing with Ric Flair.

I just go into a blind rage when I hear that crap.
Hahaha, that's actually just about the only part of Bruins games that I enjoy

AV18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:02 AM
AV18

Send a message via AIM to AV18
Also, pictures from last night:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=176ae6a03f

AV18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:23 AM
littletonhockeycoach

kind of ugly

Only saw the 3rd period on Versus - yuk:. Looked pretty ugly to me starting with Butler's give away and Stafford's bad postioning and skates in concrete footwork on the dump in that led to Chara's goal

Feel sorry for LaLime but it looked like he had a clear view of Chara's shot (don't think it was deflected) and Wideman beat him on the short side.

Torre's hit was nice however But he seems to have a problem getting his shot on net....

Lots of top players missing so ain't worried much about this one but it's obvious Sabres will need everyone playing well to advance.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:04 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Let me guess, he said that right before the Sabres were opening on the road in a playoff series, right?

Not quite "on the record". Now if you can point to where Ruff says he likes playing a potential game 7 on the road....
The exact quote was "it's much easier to steal one of the first two on the road than it is to sweep the first two at home."

Game 7's happen relatively rarely in the NHL. Like Ruff, I too would prefer to open on the road. You will win a lot more series in 6 or less than you will have to contend a game 7 on opposing ice. If you steal one of the first two, hold serve at home, then you have two games to win the series before you ever even need to think about a game 7.

For two evenly-matched teams, I agree with Lindy.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 03:55 PM
HockeyTerror

I don't feel too bad about the loss. With all the injuries to key players, I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a 2 point night.

I didn't like the lack of compete in the 3rd period. At no time did I feel like the forwards had a sense of urgency to score. Lot's of perimeter play and little to no traffic at the net. Granted they are down 3 of the top 6, but I would have thought the call ups would at least look like they are trying to score. No team is going to succeed in the second season without traffic in front and gritting out some garbage goals.

Call me crazy, but I would prefer they keep Both Toni & Hank for the next few years. Rivet & Monty aren't getting any younger and I'm not at all sold on Butler or Sekera. A defense corpse without one or both of Toni/Hank scares the bejesus out of me.

HockeyTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 04:44 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
The exact quote was "it's much easier to steal one of the first two on the road than it is to sweep the first two at home."

Game 7's happen relatively rarely in the NHL. Like Ruff, I too would prefer to open on the road. You will win a lot more series in 6 or less than you will have to contend a game 7 on opposing ice. If you steal one of the first two, hold serve at home, then you have two games to win the series before you ever even need to think about a game 7.

For two evenly-matched teams, I agree with Lindy.
I think you're taking liberties with the quote. He says nothing about how easy or difficult it is in comparison to win two in a row as the 2nd team at home. Game 7's aren't THAT rare at all, PARTICULARLY between 2 good teams.

And also, you didn't answer the question. I bet he said that just before his team opened on the road.

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote