HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 6 Wishlist

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2004, 12:10 PM
capn89*

vCash: 500
Game 6 Wishlist

I came up pretty good with my list last game... nearly everything was fulfilled, so let's try it again.

Dear Santa,

I've been a pretty good boy this year... you've thrown too many lumps of coal and other **** my way, so I'm hoping to cash in my 2005 Christmas tonight. What I would like:

1. John LeClair to finally put the puck in the back of the net once or twice.

2. Keith Primeau to continue his DOMINATING play.

3. Robert Esche to be happy, healthy and up to his old goaltending tricks.

4. An ESPN broadcast that doesn't say JANNI Pitkanen... god it pissed me off so much when they said his name wrong like 80 times... but since I'm from the Philly area, I'll probably get the Comcast broadcast, so someone will have to tell me if they say Joni or Janni.

5. Tie Domi & Donald Brashear square off at the end of the game, with Brash (as always) kicking the crap out of him.

6. Complete domination of the Leafs ala game 5, totally smothering the smurfs, in turn clinching the series.

7. Johnsson to get his puck control back under control... he's been fumbling the puck a bit too much since returning from the injury, which is probably what the fumbling is because of.

8. Ed Belfour to get laid out by Brain McCabe who continues to play as a Flyer in disguise... god that would be beautiful.

9. McCabe to assist on one or two more Flyer goals.

10. CHEESEBURGER WITH LEGS! It worked in game 5, it should work tonight... and since it's Canada, and their dollar is weaker than ours, Hitch can get the troops as motivated as he would be chasing after double cheeseburgers with legs at HALF PRICE!

As always... LET'S GO FLYERS

Old
05-04-2004, 12:13 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

.... and that Toronto radio guys don't pronounce it "Johnson"...

.....and that Recchi and Roenick score a couple each (they're killing me in my pool)

Old
05-04-2004, 12:25 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
To be honest with you... I'm confused at how to say it any more... and I'll tell you why. Most people say "Johnsson" like, "Yan-son" but I saw a commercial on Comcast with Kim himself, and he said his name, but he said it "Johnson" like "John son"... so either he has an incredibly whacked accent, or it's not pronounced the way I thought it was.

Old
05-04-2004, 12:31 PM
tytech

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
To be honest with you... I'm confused at how to say it any more... and I'll tell you why. Most people say "Johnsson" like, "Yan-son" but I saw a commercial on Comcast with Kim himself, and he said his name, but he said it "Johnson" like "John son"... so either he has an incredibly whacked accent, or it's not pronounced the way I thought it was.

Troll trying to get us to mispronounce Flyer names.

Last edited by tytech: 05-04-2004 at 12:36 PM.
Old
05-04-2004, 12:36 PM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49

.....and that Recchi and Roenick score a couple each (they're killing me in my pool)
the cbc clowns split malakhov/malahov. anyone know what the proper pro-nun-cee-aye-shun is?

Old
05-04-2004, 12:54 PM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
the cbc clowns split malakhov/malahov. anyone know what the proper pro-nun-cee-aye-shun is?
Every broadcaster is provided a phonetic list of names of players before the game...you'd think it would be easy!

Old
05-04-2004, 12:55 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
Troll trying to get us to mispronounce Flyer names.
I think not... I'm a Flyers fan.

Old
05-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
8. Ed Belfour to get laid out by Brain McCabe who continues to play as a Flyer in disguise... god that would be beautiful.

9. McCabe to assist on one or two more Flyer goals.
To borrow something from the Sports Guy (and my old WWF watching back in college), I think it would be hilarious if we had a WWF/E style move where McCabe goes behind the net to play the puck, and then as he starts to move it out, turns around, knocks Eddie Belfour out, shoots the puck into the goal, and rips off his Leafs jersey to reveal a Flyers jersey underneath. That would be hilarious. Only thing that would be funnier would be the reaction of the crowd in Toronto. :lol

Of course, one could always just say I watched too much WWF back in the day.

Old
05-04-2004, 01:22 PM
moosejaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique
Every broadcaster is provided a phonetic list of names of players before the game...you'd think it would be easy!
the two senile farts doing the leaf games on cbc can't follow the play...you think they can read a list of phonetic names?? Let alone remember them?...

Old
05-04-2004, 01:31 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Love
To borrow something from the Sports Guy (and my old WWF watching back in college), I think it would be hilarious if we had a WWF/E style move where McCabe goes behind the net to play the puck, and then as he starts to move it out, turns around, knocks Eddie Belfour out, shoots the puck into the goal, and rips off his Leafs jersey to reveal a Flyers jersey underneath. That would be hilarious. Only thing that would be funnier would be the reaction of the crowd in Toronto. :lol

You want McCabe to do a "heel" turn on the Leafs? That would be classic. However, I don't think many would be surprised if Bryan was wearing the orange and black.

Old
05-04-2004, 02:13 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Love
yeah you and me both...though I was out way before they got the F out

1st period brawl...Belfour holding Roenick, in comes McCabe with a steel chair, swings, Roenick moves and Belfour gets cracked and McCabe gets the blame....haha another wrestling scenario for you

Old
05-04-2004, 02:15 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McGillis 03
yeah you and me both...though I was out way before they got the F out

1st period brawl...Belfour holding Roenick, in comes McCabe with a steel chair, swings, Roenick moves and Belfour gets cracked and McCabe gets the blame....haha another wrestling scenario for you
Then Clarkie comes down from the box to confront Quinn all the while cameras outside the ACC show Eric Lindros and Roman Cechmanek getting out of a limo, entering the building.

Old
05-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Then Clarkie comes down from the box to confront Quinn all the while cameras outside the ACC show Eric Lindros and Roman Cechmanek getting out of a limo, entering the building.
Then Primeau chokeslams Domi through the Spanish announcers table...

Old
05-04-2004, 04:05 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33

Old
05-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Dr Love

My game 6 wish list contains one item:

Win the damn game.

Old
05-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Pitkanen44

In response to the earlier post about the pronounciation of Johnsson, I can attest to the guy who said that Kim Johnsson himself pronounced it as "John-son" on that commercial (a while ago). Whether he's a Toronto or Flyers fan, he was telling the truth and not trolling.

Old
05-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:

I hate wrestling, but that's very funny

Old
05-04-2004, 05:06 PM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
Does McCabe then join the nWo?

Old
05-04-2004, 05:13 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitkanen44
In response to the earlier post about the pronounciation of Johnsson, I can attest to the guy who said that Kim Johnsson himself pronounced it as "John-son" on that commercial (a while ago). Whether he's a Toronto or Flyers fan, he was telling the truth and not trolling.
Well....... you learn something new every day! Okay then...... I agree with Dr Love - just win the damn game!! (but goals by Recchi and Roenick would make me extra happy!)

Old
05-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique
Does McCabe then join the nWo?
McCabe joins the SOB, but only after Primeau rips Domi's jersey off and spray paints the letters SOB on his chest. Then, the camera cuts to Hitchcock in a hot tub with Pat Quinns wife.

But seriously, I haven't watched wrestling in a long time, but I used to watch way too much off it in the early 90's.

Old
05-04-2004, 05:45 PM
capn89*

Quote:
McCabe joins the SOB, but only after Primeau rips Domi's jersey off and spray paints the letters SOB on his chest. Then, the camera cuts to Hitchcock in a hot tub with Pat Quinns wife.
That's one big hot tub... Isn't a "hot tub" to Ken Hitchcock a swimming pool on a hot summer day?

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I love Hitch, he's our leader... but someone, PLEASE, hide the doughnuts.

Last edited by capn89*: 05-05-2004 at 09:40 AM.
Old
05-05-2004, 08:34 AM
Coburnfan05

Speaking of Wrestling

Robert Esche = Randy Orton

He is a legend Killer...Brodeur and Belfour.

Closed Thread