HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Christopher Higgins, Jamal Mayers

Old
04-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Puckgenius*

vCash: 500
Christopher Higgins, Jamal Mayers

Both are UFAs in June. Who do you see taking them? Flames are unlikely to resign them as we have guys on the farm who can do their job for much less. Mayers wasnt bad as a flame, but Higgins was terrible for what he makes.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 12:10 PM
HarrySPlinkett
Not a film critic

Higgens busted his ass every single night he was on the ice; he had no finish to speak of, but he was amazing at keeping opponents hemmed in, and he hit everything that moved. It would've been nice for Iginla, Kotalik, Hagman, anyone really, to show the effort that Higgens did night in and night out. If they had done that, they'd probably have made the playoffs.

That being said, I can't see his value being more than 1.2M at this point. And Mayers... The Flames better fire Sutter now before he gives that guy a 4 year 10M extension...

HarrySPlinkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 12:11 PM
wej20

Mayers probably the 800.000 to 1 million range
Higgins around 1.5 million

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
For $1.2 million or less, I'd love to bring Higgins back. He's the perfect third-liner.

Mayers is probably done.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 04:48 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
For $1.2 million or less, I'd love to bring Higgins back. He's the perfect third-liner.

Mayers is probably done.
Total agreement here. I think there is a good chance Higgins could be had for that too.

blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 04:58 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

If I'm Brian Burke, I take a flyer on Christopher Higgins. He would come cheap, give us some depth at the wing and could potentially break out and become a 25/25 player again. Toronto is young and is going to need to add depth to their lineup if those young players slump next year (a tendency many young players have).

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
If I'm Brian Burke, I take a flyer on Christopher Higgins. He would come cheap, give us some depth at the wing and could potentially break out and become a 25/25 player again. Toronto is young and is going to need to add depth to their lineup if those young players slump next year (a tendency many young players have).
Not on the leafs, he won't.

Pittsburgh should look into Higgins as an option for them. He has the wheels and skill and will be cheap.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 05:05 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

Pittsburgh should look into Higgins as an option for them. He has the wheels and skill and will be cheap.
He'd look good with the Pens as a replacement for Guerin in the "can't score even with golden passes from Crosby" role.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 05:07 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

You may or may not be right. Fact is that he has the potential to produce more than what his next contract may earn him. Toronto needs depth and I think he's a tangible option.. his old pal Mike Komisarek plays in T.O and we know Burke loves former college hockey players

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
You may or may not be right. Fact is that he has the potential to produce more than what his next contract may earn him. Toronto needs depth and I think he's a tangible option.. his old pal Mike Komisarek plays in T.O and we know Burke loves former college hockey players
That makes sense...i could see Higgins going to TO.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote