HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake?

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
for the record

1. Call me billy... (for future my username = billy jenn(wife) derek(son)624(our anniversary)

2. i will find out for sure... you are right they do phantoms jerseys also... but as far as havng the other "kits" of teams of the NHL is the question at hand.... its expensive to buy the "masters" for a kit... i know i had to do it...
Billy, I assumed that the people they send them out to have a larger scope than the SZ... I also assume that such an operation could and would obtain the proper kit for the task.

That said, it is possible I suppose that they would only deal in odd team customizations when the job is a big one... such as an entire team... and would shy away from individual jobs... We cannot know for sure until you get the answer.

I will say this... since the SZ wrote on the instructions for the Leino jersey to make sure the color matched up... and the manager of the place did tell me that the two color lettering is more work and therefore more costly, so maybe they create their own lettering from scratch... This would be a lot of work though and I would think Kits would be more profitable for them and their customers. If that were the case though, they could do other team jerseys that way.

Interesting topic, IMO.

Old
12-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Mosetter27

very interesting topic

most customizers use laser cutter to cut the twill.. reebok has recently used the fake-me-out stuff making it look like 2 layers but in actuality is only 1 layer screen printed to look like 2

with the fake-me-out teams like Detroit, Vancouver, Phoenix, & Toronto you can get them jerseys customized off NHL.com...

i believe the customization shop Skate Zone uses is old fashioned and hand cuts each letter therefore that is why I say they may only do the flyers and other local teams (phantoms etc.)

edit: i know i constantly talk about my jerseys... i need to update my webshots albums as I have around 20 or so sitting here to get photo'd up...but here my collection next post will have some favs of mine

http://community.webshots.com/user/bjd624
i could be wrong though I'll get the scoop tomorrow

Old
12-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Mosetter27

(i have 3 of these!)
(I wore this to the 2nd day of this years Training Camp & the Meet the Flyers Taping you can see me when they are talking to Coburn) (Got 2 of these!)

The Flyers & Avalanche are my favorite teams so I have a list of almost 100 players for both teams that I want jerseys for and slowly but surely have been acquiring pre-customized or jerseys to be customized into these players. Heres a photo from september

theres about 45 jersyes in this picture ALOT are covered up!

and yes thats where the magic happens!

Old
12-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Interesting stuff there, Billy... like looking at a museum.

Once my eyes are diverted from the dreadful Gorton's Fish Stick Islanders jerseys I can see many unusual and interesting jerseys. (haha = Isles)

There are so many Juniors and short lived NHL ones that are interesting and many are either forgotten or never seen... The LA Kings bearded king I saw on the Uni site a while back is a hoot... It must be fun getting into the hobby so deeply. It also must be very costly and space consuming... Gotta love your collection, Dude.

Old
12-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Mosetter27

Costly, ehh not so much... just for the really rare jerseys... see I'm not like most "elitist" jerseys you would find on bb's like IceJerseys most people there aim for Authentics only (with fight strap, exactly like on-ice) me? give me a good CCM/KOHO replica and I'm ok...most I have ever paid for a jersey was in the upper $300 and that was for the 2 Wildwings & Burger King (LA Kings bearded king jersey) other than that I have gotten jerseys for as little as $5.00 SHIPPED! up to around $150 or so...

Space consuming isn't the word! they take up so much room I'm running out of places to put them all... and don't get me started on laundry time! LOL!

those actually aren't juniors (minus the fake oshawa generals Lindros) they are all AHL teams

it is very fun being deep into the hobby, the research on possible patches that were worn, making sure the player wore that style jersey (some collectors go so deep to even the BRAND of the jersey! Me it stops at the style) you really learn alot more about the sport and the players through the research and makes you appreciate the finally product even more...

if you look through my webshots you will notice that theres ALOT of blanks and if you look in the title of the blanks it says what year and player the jersey will represent... cross refrence that year with NHLpatches.info and you can see what patch will be applied to the jersey as well!

Old
12-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Mosetter27

Hollywood Cannon - I'm going to the practice today at noon while I'm up there I will ask if they can do a rangers kit on a Kitchener Rangers Richards jersey for ya!

Old
12-19-2010, 10:41 AM
hof2120

Saw someone at the Flyers/Rags game yesterday wearing that Bob Russian jersey that was posted

Old
12-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Mosetter27

Ok, so went up to Skate Zone today for the flyers practice... PRETTY GREAT TIME... I know lavi's 13 y.o son and at the end he was on the rink playing with Powe, Shelly, JVR & O'Donell. Boosh was already de-geared and on the bench while his son was skating out there. Lavi's son gave me a puck and i got him to get Boosh to sign it... my son (who's a soon to be 3 year old aspiring goaltender) IDOLIZES Boosh. so I had lavi's son get boosh to sign the puck

ok on to talking jerseys!

went in the pro shop and talked to tom

Good/Bad news

YES they can do the rangers kit on a Kitchener Rangers Jersey

BAD NEWS! because of the complexity of the kit (arched laters, italicized font, multi layers) its an expenisve job about $100 to put it on!)

Sooo balls in your court Hollywood Cannon!

best of luck

Old
12-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Now I just need to weigh my options with time and money at other places

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
12-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Ok, so went up to Skate Zone today for the flyers practice... PRETTY GREAT TIME... I know lavi's 13 y.o son and at the end he was on the rink playing with Powe, Shelly, JVR & O'Donell. Boosh was already de-geared and on the bench while his son was skating out there. Lavi's son gave me a puck and i got him to get Boosh to sign it... my son (who's a soon to be 3 year old aspiring goaltender) IDOLIZES Boosh. so I had lavi's son get boosh to sign the puck

ok on to talking jerseys!

went in the pro shop and talked to tom

Good/Bad news

YES they can do the rangers kit on a Kitchener Rangers Jersey

BAD NEWS! because of the complexity of the kit (arched laters, italicized font, multi layers) its an expenisve job about $100 to put it on!)

Sooo balls in your court Hollywood Cannon!

best of luck
That is $45.00 over the $65.00 Flyers WC jersey cost... Still probably cheaper than going another route... I'm glad I'm not the one with that problem.

Old
12-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Mosetter27

I did my best Hollywood Cannon...

I even started the convo out as if it were for me. Due to the fact that I know the guy pretty well and am always in there and whatnot. I was getting prices that he would give for me! Which usually are only 10 or so bucks cheaper than the norm but still.

Old
12-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
I did my best Hollywood Cannon...

I even started the convo out as if it were for me. Due to the fact that I know the guy pretty well and am always in there and whatnot. I was getting prices that he would give for me! Which usually are only 10 or so bucks cheaper than the norm but still.
It's perfectly fine. I didn't expect it to be the same price and with Christmas coming up I'll most likely get a $50 visa gift card from someone and that pays for half.

Old
12-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Also in regards to idolizing Boosh, being 18 he's always been my favorite player. I have his Blackhawks, Coyotes, and Flyers jersey. Last year during game six of the finals I sat right next to the bench and I actually talked to him for the majority of the game which was awesome.

Old
12-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Also in regards to idolizing Boosh, being 18 he's always been my favorite player. I have his Blackhawks, Coyotes, and Flyers jersey. Last year during game six of the finals I sat right next to the bench and I actually talked to him for the majority of the game which was awesome.
THATS AMAZING MY SON WOULD HAVE FREAKED

he's turning 3 Dec. 27 and he loves hockey, he can name off 3/4 of the team...

his favorites, Boosh, Powe, Richards, Giroux, Zherdev, Carcillo, Leino, Bartulis, Bobrovsky.

Old
12-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Flyers845

bjd624 thinking of jumping up to a authentic home jersey. Skate zone has a pretty decent pricelast time I was there 225 I think it was. I would get Richards put on it how's the customization there? The skatezone in vorhees.

Old
12-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Mosetter27

skate zones flyers customization is done by the SAME people who do the flyers on ice jerseys

any other info needed just ask!

Old
12-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Just bought a old Oshawa Generals jersey (circa Lindros days) for $9.99+ Shipping.

Old
12-20-2010, 11:16 AM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Just bought a old Oshawa Generals jersey (circa Lindros days) for $9.99+ Shipping.
Holy ****, that's obscene. The Gennies have had a number of versions of their jersey, but they're all great looking. What colour did you get?

Old
12-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Holy ****, that's obscene. The Gennies have had a number of versions of their jersey, but they're all great looking. What colour did you get?
Red. Now I'm gonna have to figure out if the Skatezone can do Oshawa jerseys

Old
12-20-2010, 04:22 PM
dpollen54

hey guys
i was looking through all the threads about jerseys anbd theres no way possible i could finish reading all of it, so sorry if this question was already answered. i was just wondering if anyone has ordered from yukijersey.com and how the process of placing an order actually goes into effect and if they are legit or not and i will recieve my fake jersey haha

sorry if i posted this in the wrong section or not..

Old
12-20-2010, 04:36 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpollen54 View Post
hey guys
i was looking through all the threads about jerseys anbd theres no way possible i could finish reading all of it, so sorry if this question was already answered. i was just wondering if anyone has ordered from yukijersey.com and how the process of placing an order actually goes into effect and if they are legit or not and i will recieve my fake jersey haha

sorry if i posted this in the wrong section or not..
Order at your own risk, but hfboards has put the kibosh on discussing or endorsing counterfeit jersey sites on the forum, so go elsewhere, but I would suggest not taking the risk of cancer and just purchase a legitimate jersey. There are deals out there.

Old
12-20-2010, 07:00 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Order at your own risk, but hfboards has put the kibosh on discussing or endorsing counterfeit jersey sites on the forum, so go elsewhere, but I would suggest not taking the risk of cancer and just purchase a legitimate jersey. There are deals out there.
The article is gone.

Old
12-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

For those interested,

Size 56 Authentic Richards Black jersey currently at $99.99 with no bids and ends in 12 hours.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-RBK-Ed...item255fb37d7b

Looks legit to me. I'm not the one selling it.

Old
12-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Can we rant that Fan Zone is still selling JVR jerseys with the "VAN" full-size in the nameplate for full price? Those are real jerseys that are 100 times worse than anything else out there because they are sold in the Flyers' building.
The Flyers do so many great things for charities, they really need to give those away and sell real JVR jerseys. I would like a JVR, and will probably go to the net for a good one.

Old
12-21-2010, 02:32 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Can we rant that Fan Zone is still selling JVR jerseys with the "VAN" full-size in the nameplate for full price? Those are real jerseys that are 100 times worse than anything else out there because they are sold in the Flyers' building.
The Flyers do so many great things for charities, they really need to give those away and sell real JVR jerseys. I would like a JVR, and will probably go to the net for a good one.
Just walk in, tell them you want a JvR jersey and I am sure they will order one for you with the correct lettering. I agree it is ridiculous, heck, walk in there with a photo so they can't mess it up.

Closed Thread