HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake?

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2010, 04:39 PM
MillerTime2181

vCash: 500
Does anyone know a place where I can get the cheap pre-heated name/numbers removed and replaced with actual stitching of the names/numbers? I got a jersey for Christmas but it must've been from nhl.com cause it's the heat-pressed crap.

Old
12-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
dude. that bobrovsky is perfect. i assume they do the road jerseys that good too? i've read people post about how skate zone customization is official but to be honest i didnt believe it because alot of people dont look close enough but that is it my man. i'm goin there. how long to they take for a jersey?
It is not so much as hsving to make a close inspection as it is confidence in them... and the knowledge that the numbers and letters are full sized as on the ice ones... and that they sew it on. With the WFC shop it is heat pressed and who knows what size or quality... and they have a shoddy rep of doing some crappy work... plus SZ is actually cheaper. You just have to wait unless player and size is in stock.

Old
12-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
Does anyone know a place where I can get the cheap pre-heated name/numbers removed and replaced with actual stitching of the names/numbers? I got a jersey for Christmas but it must've been from nhl.com cause it's the heat-pressed crap.
SkateZone will not touch it... have no clue who would.

Old
12-28-2010, 05:07 PM
MillerTime2181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
SkateZone will not touch it... have no clue who would.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Damn. I tried IceJerseys.com too and they said they don't do that anymore...anyone know about RiverCity sports?

Old
12-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

I'm tempted to snag Betts' jersey from meigray. Not sure if I should get the Orange or the White though.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
12-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Mosetter27

i want Zherdevs

but dont want game used

Old
12-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

MeiGray just added Pronger's jersey from the SCF last year. For a measly $3750.

Old
12-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Mosetter27

you sure its been "just added" cause i could have sworn it was up there before

Old
12-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Does it have little pockets inside... to hide game winning pucks?

Old
12-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

What do you guys think I should get home or away from MeiGray?

Stats Currently:
Home: 20GP 2G 4A 6P
Away: 15GP 1G 2A 3P

Obviously the stats don't really matter with Betts haha. I'm leaning towards the away one since they don't sell those Authentics yet. But i'm also hesitant because I already have a Giroux and Bob new away jersey and only my Giroux orange.

Someone mentioned something about one of the jerseys removing the nameplate after this year, which one was that?

Old
12-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:

Stats Currently:
Home: 20GP 2G 4A 6P
Away: 15GP 1G 2A 3P

Obviously the stats don't really matter with Betts haha. I'm leaning towards the away one since they don't sell those Authentics yet. But i'm also hesitant because I already have a Giroux and Bob new away jersey and only my Giroux orange.

Someone mentioned something about one of the jerseys removing the nameplate after this year, which one was that?
All things being equal price-wise... I'd go for the Home simply because it was in 5 more NHL games (+33%) and had two more goals from it (+50%)... and more likely has more wear and tear and mends and dasher marks; a better chance due to more TOI anyway.

The way I think about a Game Worn jersey is I like having personal knowledge of it being worn for some action and involved in goal scoring... and I like the physical evidence and seeing where it was slammed to the boards and where it took a snag and rip. With Game Worn jerseys I care less about the color than I do about the history... I'm funny that way... I tend to be on the romantic side so to speak.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
All things being equal price-wise... I'd go for the Home simply because it was in 5 more NHL games (+33%) and had two more goals from it (+50%)... and more likely has more wear and tear and mends and dasher marks; a better chance due to more TOI anyway.

The way I think about a Game Worn jersey is I like having personal knowledge of it being worn for some action and involved in goal scoring... and I like the physical evidence and seeing where it was slammed to the boards and where it took a snag and rip. With Game Worn jerseys I care less about the color than I do about the history... I'm funny that way... I tend to be on the romantic side so to speak.
Those numbers are the season to date. I don't know when they are switching the jerseys since they wear three sets (or if they already have for that matter). The numbers may equal out by the time they're given to MeiGray. They also have Powe and Nodl's jerseys for that $395 price but Betts is probably one of my favorite players on the team.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Those numbers are the season to date. I don't know when they are switching the jerseys since they wear three sets (or if they already have for that matter). The numbers may equal out by the time they're given to MeiGray. They also have Powe and Nodl's jerseys for that $395 price but Betts is probably one of my favorite players on the team.
Oh... okay, I thought that was final numbers... never mind then.

Old
12-29-2010, 09:23 AM
PuckBoy33

MeiGray

Quote:
Can somebody contact MeiGray and find out when the First Set white/road jerseys will be shipping out?

Old
12-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Can somebody contact MeiGray and find out when the First Set white/road jerseys will be shipping out?
Don't mean to sound like dick but it's pretty easy to find their phone number and email address.

Old
12-29-2010, 09:27 AM
PuckBoy33

Quote:

Heard from a source that next season orange jersey will NOT have white nameplate--just white letters. White jersey will NOT have black nameplate--just black letters in same font as previous seasons road whites (note that the Flyers traditional "away" font is not the same as the present nameplate fonts..which display thinner letters). Also, the Rs and Bs on the traditional away font have more rounded off holes compared to the rectanglular holes in the present nameplate font.

Old
12-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Talked to a representative. Set one jerseys were worn in the preseason and from October 7th to the game against Florida. The set two jerseys started being worn yesterday. So I guess my stats were actually correct up there. haha.

Most importantly they'd have the jerseys in two to three weeks.

Old
12-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Talked to a representative. Set one jerseys were worn in the preseason and from October 7th to the game against Florida. The set two jerseys started being worn yesterday. So I guess my stats were actually correct up there. haha.

Most importantly they'd have the jerseys in two to three weeks.
In that case, please forget my request for you to never mind... and I now stand by my previous post.

Old
12-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

The members of these boards should collectively buy the Stanley Cup Final "Lappy" Jersey from Meigray, have it framed and hung at a designated member's home (MSE)

Old
12-29-2010, 12:24 PM
CTU2fan

Quote:
Heard from a source that next season orange jersey will NOT have white nameplate--just white letters. White jersey will NOT have black nameplate--just black letters in same font as previous seasons road whites (note that the Flyers traditional "away" font is not the same as the present nameplate fonts..which display thinner letters). Also, the Rs and Bs on the traditional away font have more rounded off holes compared to the rectanglular holes in the present nameplate font.
I'm not crazy about the black nameplate on the white sweater, but the nameplates on the orange jersey should stay IMO.

Anybody have a recommendation re: a place to send out a blank jersey to get numbered/lettered? It's a Hartford Wolf Pack jersey and should have similar font to the old NYR Liberty jerseys, if that matters. I don't really want to pay through the nose for it, but I'd want it done right of course.

Old
12-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
I'm not crazy about the black nameplate on the white sweater, but the nameplates on the orange jersey should stay IMO.

Anybody have a recommendation re: a place to send out a blank jersey to get numbered/lettered? It's a Hartford Wolf Pack jersey and should have similar font to the old NYR Liberty jerseys, if that matters. I don't really want to pay through the nose for it, but I'd want it done right of course.
Look back a couple pages or so... there was a question about a Juniors jersey being customized with Ranger kit type pieces -- not 'Liberty' though, IIRC -- Answer was that the place the SkateZone in Voorhees sends their work out to... the one that sews professional, on-ice quality, and does the Flyers actual jerseys... can do it, but it is at a higher cost than the Flyers Winter Classic ($65.00 +tax) and would be about $100.00 or so. This may be a lead for you to follow up on with a call there.

HTH

Old
12-29-2010, 01:55 PM
flountown

Quote:
It was originally purchased and is now back up on consignment. SO technically it is a collector selling through Meigray.

Old
12-29-2010, 02:40 PM
PuckBoy33

Make your own number kit

Went to A.C. Moore and bought black, orange and white twill.

Used CorrellDraw program and Photos from GettyImages to get the right template.

Printed out the numbers from computer and used Exacto hobby knife to cut out from twill.

Arm numbers = 4.25 inches
Back numbers = 13"
Name letters = 3"
Nameplate = 4" high with 1" Left Right margins

Whole process took me 3 1/2 hours from start to finish.

Do you think SkateZone will sew them on to a jersey for me? I heard TriplePlaySports in Italian Market part of Philly does zig zag stitch.

Any suggestions?

Old
12-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Went to A.C. Moore and bought black, orange and white twill.

Used CorrellDraw program and Photos from GettyImages to get the right template.

Printed out the numbers from computer and used Exacto hobby knife to cut out from twill.

Arm numbers = 4.25 inches
Back numbers = 13"
Name letters = 3"
Nameplate = 4" high with 1" Left Right margins

Whole process took me 3 1/2 hours from start to finish.

Do you think SkateZone will sew them on to a jersey for me? I heard TriplePlaySports in Italian Market part of Philly does zig zag stitch.

Any suggestions?
SkateZone in Vorhees (856) 309-4400

Good luck.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Ryker

So where do those of you that live in Canada get Flyers jerseys? I imagine shipping, handling, duties etc. add up when ordering from the US, don't they? I first looked at NHL.com, of course, but the prices are just too high for me to be able to afford it and live with the decision (even with the 20% off deals and stuff like that it's ridiculous). I was at Hockey Life the other day, and it's similar, $130 for a replica without the name of the player (?!).

Anyways, any and all suggestions are more than welcome, as I'd like to don the orange in the future, as well.

Closed Thread