HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2010, 04:39 PM
  #726
MillerTime2181
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
Does anyone know a place where I can get the cheap pre-heated name/numbers removed and replaced with actual stitching of the names/numbers? I got a jersey for Christmas but it must've been from nhl.com cause it's the heat-pressed crap.

MillerTime2181 is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:53 PM
  #727
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
dude. that bobrovsky is perfect. i assume they do the road jerseys that good too? i've read people post about how skate zone customization is official but to be honest i didnt believe it because alot of people dont look close enough but that is it my man. i'm goin there. how long to they take for a jersey?
It is not so much as hsving to make a close inspection as it is confidence in them... and the knowledge that the numbers and letters are full sized as on the ice ones... and that they sew it on. With the WFC shop it is heat pressed and who knows what size or quality... and they have a shoddy rep of doing some crappy work... plus SZ is actually cheaper. You just have to wait unless player and size is in stock.

Sawdalite is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:55 PM
  #728
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
Does anyone know a place where I can get the cheap pre-heated name/numbers removed and replaced with actual stitching of the names/numbers? I got a jersey for Christmas but it must've been from nhl.com cause it's the heat-pressed crap.
SkateZone will not touch it... have no clue who would.

Sawdalite is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 05:07 PM
  #729
MillerTime2181
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
SkateZone will not touch it... have no clue who would.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Damn. I tried IceJerseys.com too and they said they don't do that anymore...anyone know about RiverCity sports?

MillerTime2181 is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 05:31 PM
  #730
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,594
vCash: 500
I'm tempted to snag Betts' jersey from meigray. Not sure if I should get the Orange or the White though.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 05:36 PM
  #731
Mosetter27
Registered User
 
Mosetter27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
i want Zherdevs

but dont want game used

Mosetter27 is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 05:49 PM
  #732
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,594
vCash: 500
MeiGray just added Pronger's jersey from the SCF last year. For a measly $3750.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 06:53 PM
  #733
Mosetter27
Registered User
 
Mosetter27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
you sure its been "just added" cause i could have sworn it was up there before

Mosetter27 is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 08:05 PM
  #734
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
MeiGray just added Pronger's jersey from the SCF last year. For a measly $3750.
Does it have little pockets inside... to hide game winning pucks?

Sawdalite is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 08:47 PM
  #735
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,594
vCash: 500
What do you guys think I should get home or away from MeiGray?

Stats Currently:
Home: 20GP 2G 4A 6P
Away: 15GP 1G 2A 3P

Obviously the stats don't really matter with Betts haha. I'm leaning towards the away one since they don't sell those Authentics yet. But i'm also hesitant because I already have a Giroux and Bob new away jersey and only my Giroux orange.

Someone mentioned something about one of the jerseys removing the nameplate after this year, which one was that?

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 09:24 PM
  #736
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
What do you guys think I should get home or away from MeiGray?

Stats Currently:
Home: 20GP 2G 4A 6P
Away: 15GP 1G 2A 3P

Obviously the stats don't really matter with Betts haha. I'm leaning towards the away one since they don't sell those Authentics yet. But i'm also hesitant because I already have a Giroux and Bob new away jersey and only my Giroux orange.

Someone mentioned something about one of the jerseys removing the nameplate after this year, which one was that?
All things being equal price-wise... I'd go for the Home simply because it was in 5 more NHL games (+33%) and had two more goals from it (+50%)... and more likely has more wear and tear and mends and dasher marks; a better chance due to more TOI anyway.

The way I think about a Game Worn jersey is I like having personal knowledge of it being worn for some action and involved in goal scoring... and I like the physical evidence and seeing where it was slammed to the boards and where it took a snag and rip. With Game Worn jerseys I care less about the color than I do about the history... I'm funny that way... I tend to be on the romantic side so to speak.

Sawdalite is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 09:31 PM
  #737
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
All things being equal price-wise... I'd go for the Home simply because it was in 5 more NHL games (+33%) and had two more goals from it (+50%)... and more likely has more wear and tear and mends and dasher marks; a better chance due to more TOI anyway.

The way I think about a Game Worn jersey is I like having personal knowledge of it being worn for some action and involved in goal scoring... and I like the physical evidence and seeing where it was slammed to the boards and where it took a snag and rip. With Game Worn jerseys I care less about the color than I do about the history... I'm funny that way... I tend to be on the romantic side so to speak.
Those numbers are the season to date. I don't know when they are switching the jerseys since they wear three sets (or if they already have for that matter). The numbers may equal out by the time they're given to MeiGray. They also have Powe and Nodl's jerseys for that $395 price but Betts is probably one of my favorite players on the team.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 09:42 PM
  #738
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Those numbers are the season to date. I don't know when they are switching the jerseys since they wear three sets (or if they already have for that matter). The numbers may equal out by the time they're given to MeiGray. They also have Powe and Nodl's jerseys for that $395 price but Betts is probably one of my favorite players on the team.
Oh... okay, I thought that was final numbers... never mind then.

Sawdalite is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 09:23 AM
  #739
PuckBoy33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
MeiGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Those numbers are the season to date. I don't know when they are switching the jerseys since they wear three sets (or if they already have for that matter). The numbers may equal out by the time they're given to MeiGray. They also have Powe and Nodl's jerseys for that $395 price but Betts is probably one of my favorite players on the team.
Can somebody contact MeiGray and find out when the First Set white/road jerseys will be shipping out?

PuckBoy33 is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 09:27 AM
  #740
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Can somebody contact MeiGray and find out when the First Set white/road jerseys will be shipping out?
Don't mean to sound like dick but it's pretty easy to find their phone number and email address.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 09:27 AM
  #741
PuckBoy33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
What do you guys think I should get home or away from MeiGray?


Someone mentioned something about one of the jerseys removing the nameplate after this year, which one was that?

Heard from a source that next season orange jersey will NOT have white nameplate--just white letters. White jersey will NOT have black nameplate--just black letters in same font as previous seasons road whites (note that the Flyers traditional "away" font is not the same as the present nameplate fonts..which display thinner letters). Also, the Rs and Bs on the traditional away font have more rounded off holes compared to the rectanglular holes in the present nameplate font.

PuckBoy33 is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 10:17 AM
  #742
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,594
vCash: 500
Talked to a representative. Set one jerseys were worn in the preseason and from October 7th to the game against Florida. The set two jerseys started being worn yesterday. So I guess my stats were actually correct up there. haha.

Most importantly they'd have the jerseys in two to three weeks.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 10:53 AM
  #743
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Talked to a representative. Set one jerseys were worn in the preseason and from October 7th to the game against Florida. The set two jerseys started being worn yesterday. So I guess my stats were actually correct up there. haha.

Most importantly they'd have the jerseys in two to three weeks.
In that case, please forget my request for you to never mind... and I now stand by my previous post.


Sawdalite is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 11:17 AM
  #744
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,569
vCash: 500
The members of these boards should collectively buy the Stanley Cup Final "Lappy" Jersey from Meigray, have it framed and hung at a designated member's home (MSE)

Yukon Cornelius is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 12:24 PM
  #745
CTU2fan
Registered User
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Heard from a source that next season orange jersey will NOT have white nameplate--just white letters. White jersey will NOT have black nameplate--just black letters in same font as previous seasons road whites (note that the Flyers traditional "away" font is not the same as the present nameplate fonts..which display thinner letters). Also, the Rs and Bs on the traditional away font have more rounded off holes compared to the rectanglular holes in the present nameplate font.
I'm not crazy about the black nameplate on the white sweater, but the nameplates on the orange jersey should stay IMO.

Anybody have a recommendation re: a place to send out a blank jersey to get numbered/lettered? It's a Hartford Wolf Pack jersey and should have similar font to the old NYR Liberty jerseys, if that matters. I don't really want to pay through the nose for it, but I'd want it done right of course.

CTU2fan is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 12:44 PM
  #746
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
I'm not crazy about the black nameplate on the white sweater, but the nameplates on the orange jersey should stay IMO.

Anybody have a recommendation re: a place to send out a blank jersey to get numbered/lettered? It's a Hartford Wolf Pack jersey and should have similar font to the old NYR Liberty jerseys, if that matters. I don't really want to pay through the nose for it, but I'd want it done right of course.
Look back a couple pages or so... there was a question about a Juniors jersey being customized with Ranger kit type pieces -- not 'Liberty' though, IIRC -- Answer was that the place the SkateZone in Voorhees sends their work out to... the one that sews professional, on-ice quality, and does the Flyers actual jerseys... can do it, but it is at a higher cost than the Flyers Winter Classic ($65.00 +tax) and would be about $100.00 or so. This may be a lead for you to follow up on with a call there.

HTH

Sawdalite is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 01:55 PM
  #747
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
MeiGray just added Pronger's jersey from the SCF last year. For a measly $3750.
It was originally purchased and is now back up on consignment. SO technically it is a collector selling through Meigray.

flountown is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 02:40 PM
  #748
PuckBoy33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Make your own number kit

Went to A.C. Moore and bought black, orange and white twill.

Used CorrellDraw program and Photos from GettyImages to get the right template.

Printed out the numbers from computer and used Exacto hobby knife to cut out from twill.

Arm numbers = 4.25 inches
Back numbers = 13"
Name letters = 3"
Nameplate = 4" high with 1" Left Right margins

Whole process took me 3 1/2 hours from start to finish.

Do you think SkateZone will sew them on to a jersey for me? I heard TriplePlaySports in Italian Market part of Philly does zig zag stitch.

Any suggestions?

PuckBoy33 is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 04:06 PM
  #749
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Went to A.C. Moore and bought black, orange and white twill.

Used CorrellDraw program and Photos from GettyImages to get the right template.

Printed out the numbers from computer and used Exacto hobby knife to cut out from twill.

Arm numbers = 4.25 inches
Back numbers = 13"
Name letters = 3"
Nameplate = 4" high with 1" Left Right margins

Whole process took me 3 1/2 hours from start to finish.

Do you think SkateZone will sew them on to a jersey for me? I heard TriplePlaySports in Italian Market part of Philly does zig zag stitch.

Any suggestions?
SkateZone in Vorhees (856) 309-4400

Good luck.

Sawdalite is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 05:02 PM
  #750
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,183
vCash: 500
So where do those of you that live in Canada get Flyers jerseys? I imagine shipping, handling, duties etc. add up when ordering from the US, don't they? I first looked at NHL.com, of course, but the prices are just too high for me to be able to afford it and live with the decision (even with the 20% off deals and stuff like that it's ridiculous). I was at Hockey Life the other day, and it's similar, $130 for a replica without the name of the player (?!).

Anyways, any and all suggestions are more than welcome, as I'd like to don the orange in the future, as well.

Ryker is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.