HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who are you rooting for to win the Cup now?

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Tiger Williams

vCash: 500
Who are you rooting for to win the Cup now?

I have to root for Calgary, out of respect for what they've accomplished so far.

I would probably take Tampa Bay next, although that is a struggle for me. On one hand, it would make me sick to see a team that has been around for such a short time, and has been so bad most of their years, win a Cup before the Blues do. On the other hand, its pretty entertaining to watch their team play now.

Philly would be next, only because I still hate the Sharks so much...I guess from the Marchment/Owen Nolan era, although they still have Ricci...don't know if I have a rational explanation actually, but I still hate the Sharks. I have to give them credit for the turnaround they've made and what a solid team effort they give, but...

Old
05-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Williams
I have to root for Calgary, out of respect for what they've accomplished so far.

I would probably take Tampa Bay next, although that is a struggle for me. On one hand, it would make me sick to see a team that has been around for such a short time, and has been so bad most of their years, win a Cup before the Blues do. On the other hand, its pretty entertaining to watch their team play now.

Philly would be next, only because I still hate the Sharks so much...I guess from the Marchment/Owen Nolan era, although they still have Ricci...don't know if I have a rational explanation actually, but I still hate the Sharks. I have to give them credit for the turnaround they've made and what a solid team effort they give, but...
I have been rooting for TB from the beginning (always have to have an Eastern Conference Team). I love the style of play and it is good to see a Southern team that has floundered for year to enjoy to successful season and post season play. I would love for them to play SJ in the expansion series. It would be great for the game to have two fast teams that don't trap much to play in the series (especially after that snoozer last year).

Old
05-05-2004, 12:26 PM
barnburner

I'm pulling for Calgary. Any team that eliminates the Redwings is a team I am pulling for!!!
Sutter got a raw deal in San Jose and I'm glad to see him be successful with the Flames.

(note: if the Flames have an injury in goal, and Turek has to fill in - this post will self destruct in 60 seconds )

Old
05-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Blueski

I have been rooting for TB since the 5th game of our series...

Calgary is overachieving, much like Anaheim of last year. Not that I am rooting against them, but I am sure the league would rather have a different matchup than Calgary v. Tampa... I would like it though.

Of course, there is one other selfish reason for not wanting Philly in it. And it starts with a B. (Full name omitted before bringing back old arguments and threads)

Old
05-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Tiger Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnburner
I'm pulling for Calgary. Any team that eliminates the Redwings is a team I am pulling for!!!
Sutter got a raw deal in San Jose and I'm glad to see him be successful with the Flames.

(note: if the Flames have an injury in goal, and Turek has to fill in - this post will self destruct in 60 seconds )
So will the Flames chances.

Old
05-05-2004, 01:30 PM
rev

i want to see a flames/tampa final

Old
05-05-2004, 01:46 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Calgary then Philly.

Old
05-05-2004, 02:00 PM
trickguy96

after the first round, i picked the avs out of the west and the flyers out of the east. i'm still half right, so i'll pick calgary v. flyers. i would probobly root for the flames in this case. it would be nice to see players like conroy and iginla win a cup. tampa has yet to face a serious threat in the playoffs, having beaten the 8 and 7 seads. i don't think they'll be able to handle the offensive depth and physical play of the flyers. i like khabibulin over esche, but again, khabibulin hasn't yet faced a potent offense.

Old
05-05-2004, 05:44 PM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
Sharks vs Bolts, I wanna see that

Old
05-05-2004, 06:10 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue44
Sharks vs Bolts, I wanna see that
I agree...I think there would be nothing more exciting than a Stanley Cup Final with 2 teams that have never one the Cup.

I think a Flames vs Bolts or a Flames vs Flyers would be a mismatch and a short series...but a hot goaltender can change that lickety split.

I cannot stomach Handzus winning a cup with Phili though...for whatever reason, that just bothers me. Or Stillman winning with Tampa.

I would be ok with Conroy and Co. winning it and I would also be ok with losing to the eventual Stanley Cup champion in the first round (destiny and all that crap)

So still pulling for the West to win it all.

Old
05-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox
I cannot stomach Handzus winning a cup with Phili though...for whatever reason, that just bothers me.
It's the hair, it's got to be the hair.

Old
05-06-2004, 04:27 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
It's the hair, it's got to be the hair.
I would agree...and a Handzus vs Ricci match would just be disturbing.

Old
05-10-2004, 12:32 AM
Synthetic

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
If we're gonna complain about hair...let's not forget Commodore from Calgary.

Tampa Bay is the only team without someone with long, flowing locks.

Old
05-10-2004, 08:44 AM
markus1

Send a message via AIM to markus1
Just my feelings...

I'm happy with all four teams in the conference finals this year.

With that said...

I'll be shocked if Tampa doesn't win their series. I'd love to see the Flyers make it to the Finals but I just don't think they can overcome Tampa.

San Jose is a good team. And if they can build some 2 or 3 goal leads in some of the games then I could see them moving on. But, I'm still going with Calgary here. I think both these teams are so evenly matched that it is going to come down in each game to one team making one mistake. And I just can't imagine that Calgary is going to be the team to make those mistakes first.

Calgary v. Tampa.

And even if I'm wrong (which I really don't care if I am), I'm happy either way simply because I enjoy watching all four teams in the conference finals.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:11 AM
degroat*

Philly, Flames, Bolts, Sharks

Old
05-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Epoch

Calgary

Old
05-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Doug Weight 39

If Sharks win the cup then you can say we were beatin by the best. Unlike last year where we lost to Vancouver, who lost to Minni, who lost to Anaheim, who lost to NJ lol.

Old
05-17-2004, 04:11 AM
dirt

Tampa Bay.

I have an extreme dislike of Ken Hitchcock.And Ron Wilson. Duane Suter is close behind them. Simple process of elimination.

Closed Thread