HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings Vision's Playoff Coverage... What do YOU want?

Old
04-08-2010, 02:07 PM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Kings Vision's Playoff Coverage... What do YOU want?

Kings Vision wants to know what you want to see during the playoffs. This isn't the thread to say you want to see the Kings sweep 4 teams and win it all... its the thread where you tell us that you want to see pre and post game interviews from every game, game day previews, morning skate coverage, etc.

KingsVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:19 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

No Jones

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:30 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
No O'Neal, and please don't think of bringing Hayward aboard.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:33 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

All of the above please.

Also, I know you are the quite the busy editor, but something I think would be awesome for the playoffs are game highlight recaps. Something a grade above what they do on NHL Network. Maybe put to music instead of just sounds from the game, though that would be cool too. Just a place online to look at condensed highlights, a little more than just goals, for those who don't have NHL Network. I know NHL.com has all the goals and some hits and saves, but they aren't all in one video, nor are they very thorough, case in point being a lack of different angles on plays in their highlight section.

Something that showcases your awesome editing skills, as opposed to just a stringout.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Shellz

I would like to know if Quick is happy being married, if not, tell him I said 'wasssupp!!'

Seriously though...

I think it would be awesome to have a Kings player have a camera and use it as a Journal and how he prepares for the day..morning skate..food..etc. Obviously not when he is home..just how he plans his day when there is a game or practice. What kind of skates he uses or sticks..stuff like that. I have always wondered how they prepare. [Do not answer this for me Kings fans!]

Not having Patrick O'neal doing the interviews...stick to Heidi.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:37 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

More Heidi. Less Ducks Fans (like Patrick for example).

Actually, I want to know more about playoff vs reg season preparation, ie, difference in advance scouting, etc. Since we play Pacific teams 6 times and other opponents 4 times, there may be no difference in preparation, but thought i'd ask...

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:39 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Oh, also, I know you did the one little video of fans saying "playoffs rule, yada yada" but since its the first time in 8 damn years, I think the fans deserve some extra special coverage, particularly before the game. Something outside Staples focused around the fans would be great, instead of just being able to stand behind O'Neal and Fox and waves their silly arms.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

Fan reactions. I forgot what team did it but a team last year had cameras on the fans (especially in the upper bowl) so as each goal was scored, hit was thrown, great save was made... you got great, intimate and genuine reactions from the crowd. I think it was Boston but I'm not sure. That was great stuff.

Zizou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:44 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Oh, also, I know you did the one little video of fans saying "playoffs rule, yada yada" but since its the first time in 8 damn years, I think the fans deserve some extra special coverage, particularly before the game. Something outside Staples focused around the fans would be great, instead of just being able to stand behind O'Neal and Fox and waves their silly arms.
Yea... Find some fans who have followed the Kings for 40 yrs and ask them about their best playoff memories (loudest game, wittiest chants, best heckling of the opposition, funny stories, etc).

Old
04-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
No Patrick O'Neal

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi

I don't want to see this jerk

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 03:02 PM
onlyalad

How about one of the asst. coaches doing a scouting report on the other team. Breaking down tendancies, strenghths or weaknesses (sp).

How about a playoff history. "This day in the 1975 playoffs...." or "Great Moments in LA Kings playoffs"

or the game with in the game, Have a player or coach showing a skill in the game: explaining how to take a faceoff or how to protect the puck when the team sends it in deep in the corner or the perfect hip check.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
Fan reactions. I forgot what team did it but a team last year had cameras on the fans (especially in the upper bowl) so as each goal was scored, hit was thrown, great save was made... you got great, intimate and genuine reactions from the crowd. I think it was Boston but I'm not sure. That was great stuff.
YES, When Ottawa played Anaheim and they set up Camera's at Scotiabank to give an overhead prospective on when the Sens scored. . . I remember it always gave me chills when I saw 18,000 people ERUPT.

PLEASE DO THIS.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 03:08 PM
KingsCast

Send a message via AIM to KingsCast
Do a segment on a couple of fans that you follow around and cover their personal playoff journey. Contrast that with a couple of players and you have some interesting and possibly entertaining segments.

Oh, yes to Heidi, no to Patrick.

KingsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
I would like to see Kingsvision waterboard Patrick O'Neal

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 03:10 PM
KingsCast

Send a message via AIM to KingsCast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I would like to see Kingsvision waterboard Patrick O'Neal
That was awesome!

KingsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 03:21 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012 S.C. Champs

It would be nice if you guys could post commentary from NHL annalist's (sp?) when they discuss the Kings. To see what people outside of LA think about the Kings.

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 03:25 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Bob and Jim do a pre-game report prior to every Kings home game that they show on the jumbotron. It'd be nice to have access to things like that before each game online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindEnemyLines View Post
It would be nice if you guys could post commentary from NHL annalist's (sp?) when they discuss the Kings. To see what people outside of LA think about the Kings.
Completely concur. A lot of times other broadcast teams do the playoff games in addition to FS West. Even though we only can see Bob and Jim, it'd be great to hear snippets from what other national telecasts are saying about the Kings, particularly Canadian telecasts.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 03:42 PM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsVision View Post
Kings Vision wants to know what you want to see during the playoffs. This isn't the thread to say you want to see the Kings sweep 4 teams and win it all... its the thread where you tell us that you want to see pre and post game interviews from every game, game day previews, morning skate coverage, etc.

1. Videos (& interviews) about trainers, coaches, staples center workers, other Kings stuff (ie. Kings equipment travel procedure, how are Kings vision videos made and who makes them, who picks the road restaurants ...). Basically everything a fan cannot see when turning the TV on.

2. It would be lovely if there could be a video made (slide show really) about playoff beards from players from previous Kings playoff teams. Bob Miller could talk about some of the Kings playoff series in the past. Something about the Stanley cup trophy (ie. funny moments, superstitions ...)

3. I hope for something either really stupid or really funny for pregame shows.

I loved when Doughty said for HNIC that he meet Gretzky why having a piss on the toilet.
Matt Greene and Clune were also always funny (the golfing video, the presents video).

4. Maybe a video about preparation for the upcoming NHL draft / draft combine information in LA. (Who has drawn the draft logo anyways?).

a few ideas of mine, hope anything interesting there

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 03:46 PM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

I know the Oilers had some sort of documentary made of the season they went to the finals... with everything that happend during the season as a storyline (hard parts, heroic parts, good parts of the season and interviews about the season).
It'd be so cool to have a Kings DVD... (with region 2 available as well )

There could be more stuff added to it aside from this season of course... think of players and times like Deadmarsh and Norstrom.

Also, like the poster above me said: the funny video's and interviews are very enjoyable. Like when Stoll and Richardson (amongst others) were on that tv show.

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Play-by-play courtesy of Raitis Ivanans.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 03:53 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

An interview with a fan from the opposing team... who talks all kinds of trash about the Kings. Then I want to see Bailey beat the absolute living crap out of him.

That would pump me up for the game...

Old
04-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Who do I have to murder to get a bathroom cam?
Posted via Mobile Device

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindEnemyLines View Post
This.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 04:50 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 567
More behind the scene's info. Morning skate videos would be really cool too I know the pens did that a couple years ago.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote