HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarome Iginla to Toronto for ???

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-07-2010, 02:29 PM
  #1
Oggdogg17
 
Oggdogg17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Jarome Iginla to Toronto for ???

Hey flames fans.

I was just wondering what it would take for Toronto to land Iggy? Theres alot of talk about him on the leafs boards recently, and just wondering what assets you would be looking at? Please be realistic

Cheers

Oggdogg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
  #2
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,135
vCash: 500
Iggy has class, character, scoring ability, experience and leadership ability. He would never make a good Leaf!

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:31 PM
  #3
Mike Jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggdogg17 View Post
Hey flames fans.

I was just wondering what it would take for Toronto to land Iggy? Theres alot of talk about him on the leafs boards recently, and just wondering what assets you would be looking at? Please be realistic

Cheers
The deal would have to start with a 1st round draft choice and the Leafs don't have one in either this draft or the next.

It's a nonstarter.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
  #4
It Kills Me
Registered User
 
It Kills Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggdogg17 View Post
Hey flames fans.

I was just wondering what it would take for Toronto to land Iggy? Theres alot of talk about him on the leafs boards recently, and just wondering what assets you would be looking at? Please be realistic

Cheers
Not really.

He's not a fit for the Leafs unless the price is really low, which it isn't.

And the only 30+ Leafs are Kaberle, Primeau and J-S Giguere.

It Kills Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
  #5
S2S
Come at me bros
 
S2S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 500
Schenn, Kadri and Bozak is where I would start if I were the Flames.

S2S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:34 PM
  #6
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,899
vCash: 500
Would never happen.

First, Toronto doesn't have the pieces to land Iginla..
Second, Phaneuf and Iginla apparently had a rift in Calgary. Iginla wouldn't waive his NTC to come play "under" Phaneuf's leadership this time around.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:34 PM
  #7
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post
Schenn, Kadri and Bozak is where I would start if I were the Flames.
ur joking right.. iginla career is just going down from here, and these three are just going up

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:36 PM
  #8
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,676
vCash: 1500
Kaberle

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:36 PM
  #9
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,325
vCash: 500
Phanuef

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:37 PM
  #10
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,025
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post
Schenn, Kadri and Bozak is where I would start if I were the Flames.
I think that's a bit much.
If the flames trade iginla, i think they'd be looking at another nieuwendyk for iginla situation. So from toronto, maybe Kadri, maybe not. I think they look to a team dangling a higher rated prospect, and someone who can project to be the flames leader for the next decade.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:37 PM
  #11
Mike Jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Phanuef
Thanks but you took him - you can keep him.

Enjoy!

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:39 PM
  #12
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
gladly will, he will be enjoying the playoffs next season while the flames are in a terrible situation right now no prospects, not that many good picks aging players have fun tho

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:40 PM
  #13
S2S
Come at me bros
 
S2S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13goleafsgo13 View Post
ur joking right.. iginla career is just going down from here, and these three are just going up
I wouldn't do it, but the Flames need assets to go along with Backlund and Nemisz for the future and I'm not sure the Flames trade him for anything less. I'd assume they want a trade at least like the Nieuwendyk for Iginla trade. Nieuwendyk may have been younger than Iginla in that situation at 29, but he was never had more than 70 points after the deal, which could be considered a decline for him at the time.

S2S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:44 PM
  #14
dubey
Registered Genius
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: the 6ix w/ my woes
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
The deal would have to start with a 1st round draft choice and the Leafs don't have one in either this draft or the next.

It's a nonstarter.
Yup.

I don't see how a deal with Toronto will work unless it's another Phaneuf trade

Grabovski, Beauchemin, and Mitchell for Iginla

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:44 PM
  #15
sparxx87
Registered User
 
sparxx87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,959
vCash: 500
Nothing...
I like Iggy, but he dsn't fit in T.O....
IMO, if he is traded this summer, it will be to an immediate contender.......
Maybe Chicago for something like Versteeg, Byfuglien, Sopel & picks?
this could shed some salary for Chicago, and if they could manage to acquire a decent goalie, I like their chances for the next couple years...

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:45 PM
  #16
FLAMES666
Registered User
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,052
vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13goleafsgo13 View Post
ur joking right.. iginla career is just going down from here, and these three are just going up
What were you expecting one around Kaberle and Beauchemin. If iggy is traded its for younger players. Kadri is a good start

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:48 PM
  #17
PlietscherDassel
Registered User
 
PlietscherDassel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 500
Iggy on the Leafs would be a dream come true....
.... but we dont have the assets to get him.

PlietscherDassel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:54 PM
  #18
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,676
vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlietscherDassel View Post
Iggy on the Leafs would be a dream come true....
.... but we dont have the assets to get him.
Or the need to acquire an aging star.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:57 PM
  #19
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,955
vCash: 500
Doubt the flames trade Iggy for anything short of a potential franchise prospect, which the leafs do not have.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:14 PM
  #20
bobermay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Barrie/UofGuelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Nothing...
I like Iggy, but he dsn't fit in T.O....
IMO, if he is traded this summer, it will be to an immediate contender.......
Maybe Chicago for something like Versteeg, Byfuglien, Sopel & picks?
this could shed some salary for Chicago, and if they could manage to acquire a decent goalie, I like their chances for the next couple years...
This

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:24 PM
  #21
Mike Jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13goleafsgo13 View Post
gladly will, he will be enjoying the playoffs next season while the flames are in a terrible situation right now no prospects, not that many good picks aging players have fun tho
My hunch is that the Flames and the Leafs will both be on the golf course by mid April.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:26 PM
  #22
Mike Jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Yup.

I don't see how a deal with Toronto will work unless it's another Phaneuf trade

Grabovski, Beauchemin, and Mitchell for Iginla
I know you're being sarcastic but it does show how many don't seem to look at what the Flames really need (I'm not even sure the current GM knows what they need) and look at what the Leafs can offer. First round picks? Nope. Prospects the Leafs can afford to send out west? Nope.

Mitchell would be interesting as he has the potential to be yet another Leaf player who moves on and really comes alive somewhere else.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:31 PM
  #23
dubey
Registered Genius
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: the 6ix w/ my woes
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
I know you're being sarcastic but it does show how many don't seem to look at what the Flames really need (I'm not even sure the current GM knows what they need) and look at what the Leafs can offer. First round picks? Nope. Prospects the Leafs can afford to send out west? Nope.

Mitchell would be interesting as he has the potential to be yet another Leaf player who moves on and really comes alive somewhere else.
That's pretty much the trade forum in general. Rarely will you see a trade that makes sense for all parties involved.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:39 PM
  #24
GaryTheGreatRoberts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
Iggy to TOR

what about this

Tor gets

Iginla 7m
Moss 1.3
Pelech
Nemisz
Ortio


Cgy gets

Komisarek 6m
Kulemin .850
Kadri .900
Aulie


GaryTheGreatRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:45 PM
  #25
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post
Schenn, Kadri and Bozak is where I would start if I were the Flames.
I don't think Iginla will get Calgary a package that good.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.