HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LeBrun-Trade-fest at the draft in LA

Old
04-09-2010, 05:45 PM
billy piton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
The question is, who else is even after Turco? Not to mention Ellis and Mason are also UFA, with not a lot of teams looking for goalies
atlanta? columbus? st. louis? tampa? edmonton?

billy piton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 05:52 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy piton View Post
atlanta? columbus? st. louis? tampa? edmonton?
EDM has Khabibulin, so unless his injury forces him to retire, I think they'll roll with that. They would go after a young goalie, but why another old one?

ATL has Pavelec, but they do need someone to split with him, but I still think they'll lean towards cheaper guys like Hedberg, Auld, Budaj, etc

CBJ has Mason and Garon signed for next year, dont see them doing anything

St. Louis definitely needs a goalie.

Tampa has Mike Smith, so I dont see them getting an expensive guy to split with him.

Washington might grab a goalie to replace Theodore (or just rund with their 2 young guys)

A lot of teams can be said to "maybe" need a good goalie, but Philly and St. Louis are the only 2 definites for starting goalies that I see

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 05:52 PM
halfeze13

i just wanted to poke my head in and say that as a sharks fan, this offseason is going to be very interesting whether they win the cup or not. lots of free agents and DW doesnt mind trading picks.

halfeze13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

So, let's say Edm wins the lottery. I assume Bost wants Hall more than Seguin and it's hard to tell what Edm will do.
Does Bost trade something to Edm to get Hall? If you believe so, what would the 2nd and plus be that would make sense and get Edm to do it?

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 06:03 PM
CapeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan22 View Post
So, let's say Edm wins the lottery. I assume Bost wants Hall more than Seguin and it's hard to tell what Edm will do.
Does Bost trade something to Edm to get Hall? If you believe so, what would the 2nd and plus be that would make sense and get Edm to do it?
My guess is Boston will trade the 2nd overall and Blake Wheeler for the 1st. I think they will keep their picks.

CapeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Akonite

Quote:
The deal would have to absolutely knock Tambi's socks off. IMO Seguin is not a bad consolation prize.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFreak97 View Post
I really hope Buffalo decides to go after a #1 Center in this draft/offseason.

What I would like to see happen: (maybe picks included)
STL gets Briere from Philly
Philly gets 2nd rounder/3rd rounder

Philly gets Price
Montreal gets said 2nd/3rd roudner(if 3rd maybe a player included)

Pit(if don't win cup) gets Hemsky
Edm gets Malkin

San Jose gets rights to Kovalchuk
New Jersey gets conditional(if he signs a 1st if not a 3rd)

Tampa gets Kaberle
Toronto gets Vinny L

(NOT THIS)
Darcy forgets his ticket, tells Larry Quinn, gets told not to buy another because that wouldn't be a profitable idea and misses the Draft...Calls in his Draft pick but calls too late.
i don't see any of these things happening.

i'll try your scenario, though.

- Briere goes nowhere.
- Price goes nowhere.
- Malkin goes nowhere.
- Hemsky goes nowhere.
- San Jose will not persue/land Kovalchuk.
- Kovalchuk will sign in Russia, or in the Eastern conference.
- Kaberle will be traded for a top 6 forward, prospect, and pick, or re-signed.
- Lecavalier will turn it around next season and have a HUGE season...in Tampa. they will then either keep him (if in the playoffs) or trade him for a big return.

those are my guesses.

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 06:24 PM
chizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeB View Post
My guess is Boston will trade the 2nd overall and Blake Wheeler for the 1st. I think they will keep their picks.
I wouldn't. Seguin is just as good as Hall. I'd call Edmonton's bluff. They need a center.

chizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 06:26 PM
tylerlobb

The flames will make a lot of moves with players like Hagman, Langkow, Regehr, Sarich, Staios, and possibly Iginla

I can see a trade going down between the Flames and the St. Louis Blues.

To STL
JAROME IGINLA
CORY SARICH
DAVID MOSS

To CGY
BRAD BOYES
TJ OSHIE
2ND RND DRAFT PICK IN 2011

This gives the flames some young talent, a top center, and if reignited, a possible 40 goal scorer along with Rene Bourque who should have a 30 goal season at least.

And the blues need an elite scorer and a leader in the dressing room.

tylerlobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Akonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerlobb View Post
The flames will make a lot of moves with players like Hagman, Langkow, Regehr, Sarich, Staios, and possibly Iginla

I can see a trade going down between the Flames and the St. Louis Blues.

To STL
JAROME IGINLA
CORY SARICH
DAVID MOSS

To CGY
BRAD BOYES
TJ OSHIE
2ND RND DRAFT PICK IN 2011

This gives the flames some young talent, a top center, and if reignited, a possible 40 goal scorer along with Rene Bourque who should have a 30 goal season at least.

And the blues need an elite scorer and a leader in the dressing room.
The Blues are absolutely in love with Oshie. No way they move him, and as has been stated: if moved, Iggy would almost surely go to a CUP contending team which, at the moment, St. Louis is not.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 06:40 PM
billy piton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
EDM has Khabibulin, so unless his injury forces him to retire, I think they'll roll with that. They would go after a young goalie, but why another old one?

ATL has Pavelec, but they do need someone to split with him, but I still think they'll lean towards cheaper guys like Hedberg, Auld, Budaj, etc

CBJ has Mason and Garon signed for next year, dont see them doing anything

St. Louis definitely needs a goalie.

Tampa has Mike Smith, so I dont see them getting an expensive guy to split with him.

Washington might grab a goalie to replace Theodore (or just rund with their 2 young guys)

A lot of teams can be said to "maybe" need a good goalie, but Philly and St. Louis are the only 2 definites for starting goalies that I see
no matter what, turco is the best ufa goalie option this summer (assuming that nabokov will resign) and i really doubt that someone will sign him for less than 4m.

billy piton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 08:41 PM
93gilmour93

kaberle is gone. i see L.A. as a team the leafs maybe deal with. burke was pretty pissed last year when he didn't get brayden schenn even though he got the better offensive player in kadri. TO TORONTO - schenn 1st rd pick TO L.A. - KABERLE

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
kaberle is gone. i see L.A. as a team the leafs maybe deal with. burke was pretty pissed last year when he didn't get brayden schenn even though he got the better offensive player in kadri. TO TORONTO - schenn 1st rd pick TO L.A. - KABERLE
Kings will say, no thanks.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 08:49 PM
JTG

Quote:
Good luck with that

A big part of the appeal of Kaberle the last few years was that he was signed long term at a ridiculously low cap number. Now that he's coming into the final year, what used to be huge value wise is no longer there.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
We can tell your new.

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:04 PM
SabresFreak97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
i don't see any of these things happening.

i'll try your scenario, though.

- Briere goes nowhere.
- Price goes nowhere.
- Malkin goes nowhere.
- Hemsky goes nowhere.
- San Jose will not persue/land Kovalchuk.
- Kovalchuk will sign in Russia, or in the Eastern conference.
- Kaberle will be traded for a top 6 forward, prospect, and pick, or re-signed.
- Lecavalier will turn it around next season and have a HUGE season...in Tampa. they will then either keep him (if in the playoffs) or trade him for a big return.

those are my guesses.
That's cool. At least you gave a mature response to a post. And no I'm not 12 or 13....See what people don't get is that it's what I WANT TO SEE HAPPEN. Not what will happen or even could possibly happen. Now let me explain my reasoning and I'll let everyone flame away. I mean they all made valid points with their replies to my post. Now remember I said some draft picks can be included, so just because I didn't say, it doesn't mean it would not be possible.

Philly gets rid of some cap space while at the same time getting a pretty good draft pick. St. Louis gets a very capable Center for their team be it a #2 or maybe a #1(I don't know much about St. Louis depth)

Philly gets Price/Halak( I meant to put either, my bad)

Philly gets their goalie they can finally rely on. With Briere gone they can afford either Price or Halak and give Montreal either a package deal or a good draft from Stl. Montreal would benefit from this because they can focus on having the other being their #1 and then turn their attention to getting more help in another part of the team.

Edm gets Malkin

This would help Pit in the long run and at the same time help Edm in the short term. Pit gets a very good Center to have behind Crosby with a cheaper contract. Gives them more flexibility to go and get #1/#2 line wingers. Now if there was a draft pick thrown in then have at it. Malkin now can be the go to guy without being behind Crosby. Give Edmonton some quality guys with Malkin and whoever they pick in the Draft and helps in the rebuilding process.

With San Jose possibly losing Marleau and maybe looking for something to add to the offense I think this might be the thing they need. Kovalchuk might see this as an opportunity to play in warm weather, and go for a cup run, so he might take a little discount. Also he reunites with Dany Heatley. Thornton now has two guys who he can be in the middle of that can put the puck in the net. New Jersey get something in return for basically taking a chance on Kovalchuk and possibly geting back to back picks(I could be wrong).

Tampa gets Kaberle
Toronto gets Vinny L

I think it's obvious Stamkos is the future for Tampa Bay. Now in order to build for the future, they need to go get a few things. Better Defense and shore up their offense. In order to do this they need to go and get some cap space back. How do you do this? Trade away you're biggest contract to a team looking to improve immediately. Plug in Toronto. With Kaberle coming the other way you have a d-man pairing for Hedman and you give your team another capable weapon on an already potent PP. You make your defense better right away. Now in Toronto's case, you have a Franchise #1 center coming in to build around. You have a very good D-Corps and some good young talent that works hard. They just need that top gun like they had in Sundin in the days they were good.

My opinion not facts...No need to bring up cap numbers and stats and all other opinions to try and disprove my OPINION. Seems a lot of people forget the meaning of these two words.

SabresFreak97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:20 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Oh I guessed I missed it when that became common knowledge. But thanks for keeping me informed.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:21 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFreak97 View Post
That's cool. At least you gave a mature response to a post. And no I'm not 12 or 13....See what people don't get is that it's what I WANT TO SEE HAPPEN. Not what will happen or even could possibly happen. Now let me explain my reasoning and I'll let everyone flame away. I mean they all made valid points with their replies to my post. Now remember I said some draft picks can be included, so just because I didn't say, it doesn't mean it would not be possible.

Philly gets rid of some cap space while at the same time getting a pretty good draft pick. St. Louis gets a very capable Center for their team be it a #2 or maybe a #1(I don't know much about St. Louis depth)

Philly gets Price/Halak( I meant to put either, my bad)

Philly gets their goalie they can finally rely on. With Briere gone they can afford either Price or Halak and give Montreal either a package deal or a good draft from Stl. Montreal would benefit from this because they can focus on having the other being their #1 and then turn their attention to getting more help in another part of the team.

Edm gets Malkin

This would help Pit in the long run and at the same time help Edm in the short term. Pit gets a very good Center to have behind Crosby with a cheaper contract. Gives them more flexibility to go and get #1/#2 line wingers. Now if there was a draft pick thrown in then have at it. Malkin now can be the go to guy without being behind Crosby. Give Edmonton some quality guys with Malkin and whoever they pick in the Draft and helps in the rebuilding process.

With San Jose possibly losing Marleau and maybe looking for something to add to the offense I think this might be the thing they need. Kovalchuk might see this as an opportunity to play in warm weather, and go for a cup run, so he might take a little discount. Also he reunites with Dany Heatley. Thornton now has two guys who he can be in the middle of that can put the puck in the net. New Jersey get something in return for basically taking a chance on Kovalchuk and possibly geting back to back picks(I could be wrong).

Tampa gets Kaberle
Toronto gets Vinny L

I think it's obvious Stamkos is the future for Tampa Bay. Now in order to build for the future, they need to go get a few things. Better Defense and shore up their offense. In order to do this they need to go and get some cap space back. How do you do this? Trade away you're biggest contract to a team looking to improve immediately. Plug in Toronto. With Kaberle coming the other way you have a d-man pairing for Hedman and you give your team another capable weapon on an already potent PP. You make your defense better right away. Now in Toronto's case, you have a Franchise #1 center coming in to build around. You have a very good D-Corps and some good young talent that works hard. They just need that top gun like they had in Sundin in the days they were good.

My opinion not facts...No need to bring up cap numbers and stats and all other opinions to try and disprove my OPINION. Seems a lot of people forget the meaning of these two words.
So Montreal trades Price for a 2nd?
Even though Halak will be traded I think it will be more for a 2nd/3rd. I think Halak can fetch a 1st round pick.(12-30) at the worst

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:27 PM
pman25

I don't see Turco making 4 mil next year. Philly could probably find a way to sign him with the cap space they have. Personally, I think they should go after price/halak for giroux. Might be tough to swallow, but philly could finally have a young goaltender for years and years

pman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:29 PM
SabresFreak97

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Even though Halak will be traded I think it will be more for a 2nd/3rd. I think Halak can fetch a 1st round pick.(12-30) at the worst
Should I have put down Picks subject to change? Fine for a 1st. Is that better? So is Price what, a 1st too? You just can't express your opinion anymore with out someone being offended.

SabresFreak97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:33 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

@Sabresfreak

Price wont get traded. Hes 22 and already made playoffs twice while playing over 40+ games each of those seasons. If they trade him its going to haunt the habs FOREVER.

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:33 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Who is the last goalie to fetch something decent in return?

No one would part with an asset for Bryzgalov. Huet (coming off an all star season) went for a 2nd. Luongo, Krajicek and a 6th landed Bertuzzi, Allen and Auld.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
If EDM wants Hall (I believe they do), and if they end up with the first pick, a 2nd won't be near enough to get it from them.

I don't think they would trade it period.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:44 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Who is the last goalie to fetch something decent in return?

No one would part with an asset for Bryzgalov. Huet (coming off an all star season) went for a 2nd. Luongo, Krajicek and a 6th landed Bertuzzi, Allen and Auld.
Bryz was nobody
Huet was a soon to be UFA
Luongo trade was just a horrible trade

Toskala: 1st,2nd,4th
Raycroft:Rask

No goalies that are similar to Price have been traded recently

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
This is not Sens fan being biased, its just a hockey fan looking at Kaberle objectively. Kaberle in no way, shape or form is worth a top ten prospect(Schenn) and a 1st round pick. Kaberle at BEST will get two assets towards the Leafs. You can get a low level prospect and a late first round pick. Now I assume you are Toronto so most likely you are getting brainwashed into over valuing Kaberle as TSN knows that he is the only realistic moveable asset with 1st round value. And that 1st rounder becomes even less likely from a Westren team as Kaberle has already showed his distain towards moving into the Westren confrence.

If you want a realistic offer from the Kings it would be Voinov and a 2nd for Kaberle and a 5th

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote