HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

offseason predictions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2010, 07:57 PM
  #1
TNT8592
Registered User
 
TNT8592's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SAN JOSE
Country: United States
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
offseason predictions

what do you guys think will happen during the offseason? i know we have plenty of time till then, but i just want to know your guys opinions?

TNT8592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 07:58 PM
  #2
Nighthock
**** the Kings...
 
Nighthock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 15,935
vCash: 500
DW will be fired ...

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 07:59 PM
  #3
TNT8592
Registered User
 
TNT8592's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SAN JOSE
Country: United States
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
hahaha you really think so?

TNT8592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:01 PM
  #4
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
A parade in downtown! Weeeeeeee!!!

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:15 PM
  #5
SharksAddict
Registered User
 
SharksAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,527
vCash: 500
It all depends on playoff performance.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:18 PM
  #6
JonathanK81
Registered User
 
JonathanK81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The OC
Country: United States
Posts: 537
vCash: 500
I doubt it will happen, but I'd like to not resign Nabby or Blake, resign Marleau, bring in Anton Volchenkov, and then see if we can get a goalie from Montreal. Thats if we lived in a Utopia....but I don't mind if this happened. I know it won't, but dang I'd be screaming if it did.

JonathanK81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:20 PM
  #7
Fatturdmanshark
Kiss my Fins
 
Fatturdmanshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Mexico
Country: United States
Posts: 1,244
vCash: 500
Heatley and JT traded for 1st rounders this summer..Clowe traded for anything..Blake retires...Boyle gets the C, Marleau signs long term,Seto gets longterm contract,Pavs gets long contract, Nabby goes to Washington....Youth movement in full effect...Me happy

Fatturdmanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:22 PM
  #8
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan360 View Post
I doubt it will happen, but I'd like to not resign Nabby or Blake, resign Marleau, bring in Anton Volchenkov, and then see if we can get a goalie from Montreal. Thats if we lived in a Utopia....but I don't mind if this happened. I know it won't, but dang I'd be screaming if it did.
if i had to guess, volchenkov will probably get something like 4.5-5.5 million a year.

price, will probably garner on the open market (even as a rfa), would be 5-5.5 million

huet, will probably get 4-5 million.

oh and huet and price will both (unless the sharks send over players in a deal to get the rights to either of them) will be a few 1st round and 2nd round draft picks.

Barrie22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:25 PM
  #9
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 8,014
vCash: 500
Trade Clowe (and Mitchell, too) for a legit 4 dman (Burns). Sign a UFA dman like Hamhuis. Let Blake go or at most $1m. Re-sign Manny, Patty and Pavs and see how much is left for Nabby, though rather just let him go and start over.

Depending on how the playoffs go, maybe dangle Jumbo.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:28 PM
  #10
SharksAddict
Registered User
 
SharksAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
huet, will probably get 4-5 million.

oh and huet and price will both (unless the sharks send over players in a deal to get the rights to either of them) will be a few 1st round and 2nd round draft picks.
Uhhh, Huet is a Blackhawk.

I'd love to see Price in a Sharks uni. Would take Halak as well, but would much prefer Price.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:37 PM
  #11
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
Uhhh, Huet is a Blackhawk.

I'd love to see Price in a Sharks uni. Would take Halak as well, but would much prefer Price.
ooops lol. halak would take that much.

Barrie22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:40 PM
  #12
Fatturdmanshark
Kiss my Fins
 
Fatturdmanshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Mexico
Country: United States
Posts: 1,244
vCash: 500
Henrik Karlsson will be a Shark next year

Fatturdmanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:40 PM
  #13
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 34,137
vCash: 500
If the team can't get past round two again, which I am predicting but really really hoping that I'm wrong, then I'd probably let Nabokov go. Rob Blake will retire and the C will probably be given to Boyle. I wouldn't go out and trade for a goalie unless it's only a late pick or a prospect that isn't going to make our club going the other way. I would flip Ryane Clowe and a little bit extra for a top four defenseman like Tomas Kaberle for instance. Since I'm sure management will again flat-out give Douglas Murray another opportunity at the #4, there's no sense in trying to get better there. Re-sign Patty, Pavs, Seto, Malhotra, Nichol, Ortmeyer, and Staubitz. If no sweetheart deal is out there for a goalie, then go sign Biron or Toskala for cheap and platoon them with Greiss.

Ideally, I'd move Murray and Huskins to try to really upgrade the blue line but it's probably not going to happen given the circumstances thus far.

Marleau-Thornton-Heatley
McGinn-Pavelski-Setoguchi
Mitchell-Malhotra-Ortmeyer
McLaren-Nichol-Staubitz

Boyle-Murray
Kaberle-Vlasic
Huskins-Demers

Biron/Toskala/Halak-Greiss

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:45 PM
  #14
Fatturdmanshark
Kiss my Fins
 
Fatturdmanshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Mexico
Country: United States
Posts: 1,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
If the team can't get past round two again, which I am predicting but really really hoping that I'm wrong, then I'd probably let Nabokov go. Rob Blake will retire and the C will probably be given to Boyle. I wouldn't go out and trade for a goalie unless it's only a late pick or a prospect that isn't going to make our club going the other way. I would flip Ryane Clowe and a little bit extra for a top four defenseman like Tomas Kaberle for instance. Since I'm sure management will again flat-out give Douglas Murray another opportunity at the #4, there's no sense in trying to get better there. Re-sign Patty, Pavs, Seto, Malhotra, Nichol, Ortmeyer, and Staubitz. If no sweetheart deal is out there for a goalie, then go sign Biron or Toskala for cheap and platoon them with Greiss.

Ideally, I'd move Murray and Huskins to try to really upgrade the blue line but it's probably not going to happen given the circumstances thus far.

Marleau-Thornton-Heatley
McGinn-Pavelski-Setoguchi
Mitchell-Malhotra-Ortmeyer
McLaren-Nichol-Staubitz

Boyle-Murray
Kaberle-Vlasic
Huskins-Demers

Biron/Toskala/Halak-Greiss
I like this...But No Couture? No Ferriero to replace Ortmeyer?...I like Ortmeyer but think Ben provides much more offensive upside

Fatturdmanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:46 PM
  #15
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck
 
SonomaShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,140
vCash: 500
Assuming that the Sharks make their usual early exit.... Let's ditch Jumbo, Marleau, and Blake, but re-sign Nabby (unless we make the early exit due to crappy goaltending). Next step would be to go get a top 3 forward and center and a couple of top 4 defensemen that play with heart!!!
Heck, I'd even be in favor of sending Todd out the door and trying to get Dave Tippett or Ken Hitchcock.

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:50 PM
  #16
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 34,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundsHansen32 View Post
I like this...But No Couture? No Ferriero to replace Ortmeyer?...I like Ortmeyer but think Ben provides much more offensive upside
Nope. No Couture. I'd want another year for him in the AHL to work on his body and his game. I would very much consider letting Thornton walk at the end of next season and bring up Couture starting then but not now. He's not ready for top six duties and unless we change our 3rd line to a scoring line, which I am not a fan of, he doesn't fit in our lineup for next season.

As for Benn Ferriero, he's another two years away from being a consistent regular. He's too small and doesn't replace Ortmeyer in the slightest because they're not at all similar players for similar roles.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:50 PM
  #17
Fatturdmanshark
Kiss my Fins
 
Fatturdmanshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Mexico
Country: United States
Posts: 1,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
Assuming that the Sharks make their usual early exit.... Let's ditch Jumbo, Marleau, and Blake, but re-sign Nabby (unless we make the early exit due to crappy goaltending). Next step would be to go get a top 3 forward and center and a couple of top 4 defensemen that play with heart!!!
Heck, I'd even be in favor of sending Todd out the door and trying to get Dave Tippett or Ken Hitchcock.
I agree with trading Joe Thornton,...In the event we fail miserably in the playoffs and he plays the way he's played in high pressure situations....Get a 1st or 2nd round pick at least and have an awesome 2010 draft class.

Fatturdmanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:50 PM
  #18
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
Assuming that the Sharks make their usual early exit.... Let's ditch Jumbo, Marleau, and Blake, but re-sign Nabby (unless we make the early exit due to crappy goaltending). Next step would be to go get a top 3 forward and center and a couple of top 4 defensemen that play with heart!!!
Heck, I'd even be in favor of sending Todd out the door and trying to get Dave Tippett or Ken Hitchcock.
No thanks. Unless Nabby stands on his head and we win the Cup he can walk AFAIC. But I'll be shocked and proven wrong if does that through 4 rounds. And if we win the Cup he will probably be too expensive.

__________________

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:52 PM
  #19
Fatturdmanshark
Kiss my Fins
 
Fatturdmanshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Mexico
Country: United States
Posts: 1,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Nope. No Couture. I'd want another year for him in the AHL to work on his body and his game. I would very much consider letting Thornton walk at the end of next season and bring up Couture starting then but not now. He's not ready for top six duties and unless we change our 3rd line to a scoring line, which I am not a fan of, he doesn't fit in our lineup for next season.

As for Benn Ferriero, he's another two years away from being a consistent regular. He's too small and doesn't replace Ortmeyer in the slightest because they're not at all similar players for similar roles.
I can agree with that

Fatturdmanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:55 PM
  #20
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck
 
SonomaShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,140
vCash: 500
Actually, let's trade Thornton for Parise.
Imagine Parise-Marleau-Heatley

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:06 PM
  #21
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 34,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
Actually, let's trade Thornton for Parise.
Imagine Parise-Marleau-Heatley
If they actually decide to move Joe Thornton, it will be for quantity, not quality. From New Jersey, we'd be talking about Zajac, White, a prospect like Palmieri, and a pick. However, New Jersey isn't going to be the one that would make the best bid. I think if it was done this off-season, a team like the Florida Panthers would have the interest and motivation to pay a good price for Thornton. But that's not gonna happen. lol

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:10 PM
  #22
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
If they actually decide to move Joe Thornton, it will be for quantity, not quality. From New Jersey, we'd be talking about Zajac, White, a prospect like Palmieri, and a pick. However, New Jersey isn't going to be the one that would make the best bid. I think if it was done this off-season, a team like the Florida Panthers would have the interest and motivation to pay a good price for Thornton. But that's not gonna happen. lol
for a few good reasons, the main reason being. the panthers don't have good enough assets to even think about doing that deal, the 2nd reason being, thornton would never go to florida.

Barrie22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:10 PM
  #23
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
If they actually decide to move Joe Thornton, it will be for quantity, not quality. From New Jersey, we'd be talking about Zajac, White, a prospect like Palmieri, and a pick. However, New Jersey isn't going to be the one that would make the best bid. I think if it was done this off-season, a team like the Florida Panthers would have the interest and motivation to pay a good price for Thornton. But that's not gonna happen. lol
How do you get something for JT with his NTC. I don't see him waiving it.

Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:14 PM
  #24
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,397
vCash: 500
if the sharks ever do trade thornton, i really hope the sharks miss the playoffs the next season. so all the fans could finally then realize just what thornton means to the team.

Barrie22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:14 PM
  #25
SharksAddict
Registered User
 
SharksAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
How do you get something for JT with his NTC. I don't see him waiving it.
Vow to put an end to his buddy "Slappy".

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.