HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Abdelkader and May will be called up; Black Aces announced

Old
04-09-2010, 03:27 PM
gamefan14*

vCash: 500
I'd only play may if it was late in a physical series and you needed somebody to drop the gloves.

Abs is overrated around here, but I'd probobly dress him over williams, Both would be replaced by maltby if he came back late in the playoffs. But then again i just like the oldschool grind guys.

This may be drapers last year/two. He's been doing ok with the ice he's getting but i'd still dress him over Abs/Williams.

gamefan14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 01:19 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codymiller92 View Post
I'd only play may if it was late in a physical series and you needed somebody to drop the gloves.
The teams in the league which really play a dirty/goon style of hockey are Philly, Anaheim and Dallas.

If we meet Philly, that will only be in the finals. So I don't think we will need May or an enforcer. We definitely needed him against Philadelphia a few days ago, but that doesn't matter anymore.

Abdelkader, Eaves and Ericsson are capable of going into a fight. They seem aggressive enough to take care of themselves.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 03:51 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Probert Owns You View Post
There is no reason Brad May should ever see his way into the lineup again.
It's too bad he can't play tomorrow. I have a feeling the Hawks will be gooning it up big time and nobody else on the team has the stones to fight someone. Ericsson and Eaves don't count.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 04:09 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
It's too bad he can't play tomorrow. I have a feeling the Hawks will be gooning it up big time and nobody else on the team has the stones to fight someone. Ericsson and Eaves don't count.
That is why we should rest as many skaters as possible. It's really dumb to get injuries in the last game right before the playoffs, when a win is not necessary and it could have been avoided.

Old
04-10-2010, 04:35 PM
sparr0w

Quote:
Remember the end of '01 I believe? Wings and Avs? Not a single penalty as both teams put it on cruise control.

sparr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 05:45 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
Remember the end of '01 I believe? Wings and Avs? Not a single penalty as both teams put it on cruise control.
I wouldn't count on things being that civil tomorrow. If they can get these guys into the lineup and get Nick and some other guys out, all the better.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 05:58 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
Quote:
I wouldn't count on things being that civil tomorrow. If they can get these guys into the lineup and get Nick and some other guys out, all the better.
Byfuglien, Eager and Ladd will definitely go after our top players. I am sure of it. There will be a lot of penalties tomorrow, wait and see.