HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Was Mike Cammalleri rushed back?

Old
04-09-2010, 02:28 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
He just isn't that good.

His hockey IQ is terrible. He has a good shot -- but can do absolutely nothing else.
Are you joking? This guy is a 1st line player. He was PPG in LA, PPG in Calgary, he can do it here too. Give him a break.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 03:12 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

vCash: 500
Quote:
He just isn't that good.

His hockey IQ is terrible. He has a good shot -- but can do absolutely nothing else.
rien contre toi men, but do you ever get tired of saying that? true or not, it's just lame reading those same words wherever cammalleri is the topic, only to glance over at the same poster each time.

wallah change it up g.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 03:26 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
For a regular poster that is a know-it-all it's weird that you haven't noticed any Cammalleri hype around here.
I tend not to read every post around here especially the fanatical ones. So maybe he's been over-hyped around here (wouldn't be the first time) but at the end of the day he's still a solid player. He's in a cold streak as of now, hopefully he'll get out of it by the POs.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 05:13 AM
Swe_hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
AK has been the worst Hab lately in my opinion. No speed, plenty of giveaways, no effort, shot looks weak, no results.

If anyone looks hurt, it's him. For his sake I hope he is...
I don't really know why this had to be turned into an AK bashing thread. But if that's your opinion then you either a) haven't watched any of the games or b) don't know anything about hockey. AK has been throwing his body around, been pressuring the d's, making plays. It's just a matter of the rest of his line (Pleks and Cammy) being cold as ice.

As for Cammy. If I remember he had a pretty slow start to the season aswell. Maybe he's a bit like AK and it takes a while for him to get going. Also Cammy doesn't really have anything else except for his scoring to get him going. But he's about as a natural scorer as they come, and I'm sure that the first one he gets will send in on a hot-streak.

Swe_hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Souvenirs

Quote:
He just isn't that good.

A guy with a poor hockey IQ isn't PPG for two seasons.
You know who has a great shot? Andrei Kostitsyn.
When did he score 30 goals? More than 50 points?

Cammy's shot is his best asset, but he's more of a player than a skating shot (see :Bergeron, Marc-André)

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:32 AM
kovaless

There's definitely something wrong with him. FOr me, it seems like he falls down once a shift. It's really weird.

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Avim86

Cammy will show up next game I guarantee it or I will not watch hockey till October.
As for AK he is playing fine , but his main problem is that he plays to the level of his linemates , for example when Pleky and Kovalev were on fire he came along for the ride 20 goals in 40 games together , it was ridiculous everyone drooled over Kostitsyn crazy wristers/slapshots. Fastforward to this year ,when he played with Cammy and Pleks they played with intensity that made some of us think Pleknaec would ask for 6 million + (remember pleks was on pace for a 80-90 point season). We all really believe AK had woken up and this was going to be his breakout year then he got injured (broken record , he isn't soft just unlucky) , came back , took him some time to get back on track Cammy was already injured. The point I'm trying to make is that Andrei is very talented but he has yet to learn to lead by example as opposed to coasting and waiting for linemates to wake up and play properly.

Avim86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:33 AM
lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
Cammy will show up next game I guarantee it or I will not watch hockey till October.
As for AK he is playing fine , but his main problem is that he plays to the level of his linemates , for example when Pleky and Kovalev were on fire he came along for the ride 20 goals in 40 games together , it was ridiculous everyone drooled over Kostitsyn crazy wristers/slapshots. Fastforward to this year ,when he played with Cammy and Pleks they played with intensity that made some of us think Pleknaec would ask for 6 million + (remember pleks was on pace for a 80-90 point season). We all really believe AK had woken up and this was going to be his breakout year then he got injured (broken record , he isn't soft just unlucky) , came back , took him some time to get back on track Cammy was already injured. The point I'm trying to make is that Andrei is very talented but he has yet to learn to lead by example as opposed to coasting and waiting for linemates to wake up and play properly.
I seriously think AK has been my favourite player over the past couple of years. But what is going on NOW? There's something wrong, it's like he's half the player he once was, half speed, half shot speed, half effort. I can't put my finger on it but something is not right with AK. Cam will be fine, he's getting some chances, putting him back with Gomez / Gionta seemed OK, maybe that's the right thing to do.

lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Teufelsdreck

Cammalleri hasn't been effective since his return. I don't think he's physically impaired but he doesn't look ready mentally.

As for AKost, I see him playing a physical game andhe's been making good passes but I think he should concentrate more on shooting.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote