HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#81: Flyers @ Rangers - April 9, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
04-09-2010, 11:40 PM
MsConduct11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Seriously. Please tell me you're not blaming this game on Boucher.
They give us a gift goal and then a gift penalty on a Carcillo head snap and the PP sucks.

Carcillo gets his stick up backchecking on Prust and they score on the PP after Kimmo half blocks a shot and Pronger fails to block the pass.

The Richards loses a draw cleanly, Kimmo can't check Prust, and Coburn went to help Kimmo and left his man alone.

He didn't really have a chance on the 3rd goal and the GWG was a Pronger blooper then deflected off Carle's stick.

For all that our D sucked, I blame the coaching staff for this game.

The line combos absolutely suck. And why mess with d combos that worked all year (Kimmo with Krajicek and Coburn with Parent?).

Leino needs to be in the lineup on Sunday too.
please tell me that your NOT blaming this game on Boucher, a ****ing rec league goalie could have made some of those saves

MsConduct11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
even if we make the playoffs sunday, what do we have to look forward to?
Yea, I've sadly come to realize that myself. Both our teams would maybe go 5 games max against the Caps. Either way though, Playoff hockey>9th seed.

Also, could any of you tell me where I could see the opposing team enter the building? I'm heading out to the game Sunday and would love to see some Rangers.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsConduct11 View Post
please tell me that your NOT blaming this game on Boucher, a ****ing rec league goalie could have made some of those saves
Which ones?

1) Prolly not.

2) You cannot blame the goalie when you let a man come in clean like that.

3) He has to respect Gaborik's speed on the wrap, plus the pass was supposed to be in front, and it turns into a broken play perfect pass to catch Boucher coming off the post.

4) I think people are deeply misunderstanding how tricky that shot was when it fluttered off Carle's stick. You can fault him for positioning, and a better goalie may have recovered to stop that thing...but that was a tricky play. None of which happens if Pronger shields the puck and/or just pushes it back up the boards away from immediate danger.

Fact of the matter is that two of the goals tonight were DIRECTLY the product of horrendous D play... Pronger was trying to do too much, and Coburn had yet another brain fart chasing after the play rather than minding his man.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 01:18 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
un ****in believable.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Which ones?

1) Prolly not.

3) He has to respect Gaborik's speed on the wrap, plus the pass was supposed to be in front, and it turns into a broken play perfect pass to catch Boucher coming off the post.

4) I think people are deeply misunderstanding how tricky that shot was when it fluttered off Carle's stick. You can fault him for positioning, and a better goalie may have recovered to stop that thing...but that was a tricky play. None of which happens if Pronger shields the puck and/or just pushes it back up the boards away from immediate danger.

Fact of the matter is that two of the goals tonight were DIRECTLY the product of horrendous D play... Pronger was trying to do too much, and Coburn had yet another brain fart chasing after the play rather than minding his man.
Thanks. I don't see how any of those goals are Boosh's fault at all.

1. Shot was half blocked, he had to play it, then got beat on a backdoor crosscrease pass through Pronger.

2. Shelley was all alone again coming across the crease. Kimmo failed to take his man and Coburn left his.

3. Carle took Gaborik wide, Pronger forgot to check his man.

4. Deflection. If Carle had not tipped it, it probably would've been an easy save.

This game was not lost by goaltending. As I said, I hate the line combos and pairings they are using. They might as well have saved Carter for Sunday if they were only going to give him Asham for a winger. Coburn looks better with Parent than Kimmo.

The reality is that if we don't get better games from Pronger and Timonen on Sunday it's over.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 02:20 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
Why the hell is it this team comes away looking like a bunch of surprised retards every time they're faced with a tough situation? They obviously have a good idea of what's on the line, since everyone else on this message board already does. They have enough talent. They're accomplished athletes that have won everything, from junior championships, to minor championships, to Stanley Cups, and Olympic gold. Yet they fall on their ****ing faces every time we count on them to succeed. When the hell did we go from the Philadelphia Flyers to Mike Richards and MF'ing Scooby Doo gang?
Well, at least something in regards to this game made me smile.

Thank you.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Thanks. I don't see how any of those goals are Boosh's fault at all.

1. Shot was half blocked, he had to play it, then got beat on a backdoor crosscrease pass through Pronger.

2. Shelley was all alone again coming across the crease. Kimmo failed to take his man and Coburn left his.

3. Carle took Gaborik wide, Pronger forgot to check his man.

4. Deflection. If Carle had not tipped it, it probably would've been an easy save.

This game was not lost by goaltending. As I said, I hate the line combos and pairings they are using. They might as well have saved Carter for Sunday if they were only going to give him Asham for a winger. Coburn looks better with Parent than Kimmo.

The reality is that if we don't get better games from Pronger and Timonen on Sunday it's over.
Really??? So how many 'good' saves did Boucher make? One?

On Dubinskys goal he was almost on his stomach for no reason. Not his fault.

Let up a goal on Shelley? 5 hole? Seriously, whos Shelley? You do know that Shelley does not know how to lift the puck up. I mean when this clown (Boucher) almost scored on his own net Shelley could not lift the puck up because he does not know how lol.. Shelley would score 2 goals if he had any kind of skill.

Boucher is out position on most of the shots. He either is too far, or overplaying it or too damn deep.

If Carle had not tipped it? Our players have zero confidence in this clown and try to block and tip as many shots as possible and I do not ****ing blame them. There is no such a thing as easy save with this moron. He is 8-20 this season for a reason.

Hockey is a game of mistakes and you need goaltenders saves to fix those mistakes.

Anyway, what can you do?

Last edited by Kaktus*: 04-10-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:50 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

I thought that this was one of Pronger's worst games in a Flyers jersey. Really disappointed, because I really thought he'd come to play.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:26 AM
KaraLupin
카라

Shelley's goal was not Boucher's fault. When you let a guy come in clean like that....

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:36 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Which ones?

1) Prolly not.

3) Sure you have to respect Gaborik's speed, but you also have to realize that Pronger was waiting for him if he tried to come around the post, you cannot leave your post early like that, you simply can't do it, that's not an NHL play.

4) Sure it deflected, but he was miles out of position. If you're going to criticize Leighton's positioning (criticism I agree with btw), have to be willing to do the same thing with Boosh, that was pathetic by him.

BTW, any time I find myself agreeing with Larry and nobody else, I usually reevaluate my position.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:48 AM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

vCash: 50
I hope the flyers make the playoffs some how.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:20 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
I've only been able to see highlights, but it looks like last night was a perfect example of Carle holding Pronger back as opposed to Pronger making Carle look good. You can't win many important games with Carle logging top-pair minutes.. He's not good enough to be a top defenseman on a Cup Contending team. Last night though they did a good job of making each other look bad. Hopefully Holmgren or whoever is GM gets rid of that ******** contract in the off-season and bring in someone who is actually competent.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:21 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
The last 5 weeks I've done a total makeover of my life.
Quit smoking, just eating around 2k kcal per day, hitting the gym 5-6 days a week and waking up early (7.30am), which means I haven't watched a single game since then. Tonight, I'm watching. YOU BETTER ****IN WIN, FLYERS! Oh, I live in Sweden. WIN, DAMN IT!
Is it good to only eat 2000 calories a day if you are working out 5-6 times a week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
It's not on CI. It was listed on CI the other day when I set the dvr, but now it's gone.
Thanks.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:28 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I've only been able to see highlights, but it looks like last night was a perfect example of Carle holding Pronger back as opposed to Pronger making Carle look good. You can't win many important games with Carle logging top-pair minutes.. He's not good enough to be a top defenseman on a Cup Contending team. Last night though they did a good job of making each other look bad. Hopefully Holmgren or whoever is GM gets rid of that ******** contract in the off-season and bring in someone who is actually competent.
I kinda want Hamhuis, since he can play in both zones

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:59 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauris View Post
CSNFlyer

Jeff Carter just blew off about 12 media members after the game. http://myloc.me/5PDnn
Makes me proud. Those clowns don't deserve to be talked to. I also wonder if he's re-injured himself.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 09:04 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Is it good to only eat 2000 calories a day if you are working out 5-6 times a week?
Depends on exactly how you're working out.

If you're doing high cardio and burning a lot of calories, you should probably eat more unless you're trying to lose a lot of weight.

If you're lifting, then 2000 calories might be okay as long as you've got plenty of protein in there, but again, if you're getting really heavy workouts in that regularly, you might be better off pushing toward 2500.

I'm not a nutritionist, though.....so I could be totally wrong. But that's what I've been told.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 09:25 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I'd love to get rid of both Hartnell and Carle in the offseason. And, you know, get a real ****ing goalie. Boucher's glove hand looked great on that one goal.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Richyrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Really??? So how many 'good' saves did Boucher make? One?

On Dubinskys goal he was almost on his stomach for no reason. Not his fault.

Let up a goal on Shelley? 5 hole? Seriously, whos Shelley? You do know that Shelley does not know how to lift the puck up. I mean when this clown (Boucher) almost scored on his own net Shelley could not lift the puck up because he does not know how lol.. Shelley would score 2 goals if he had any kind of skill.

Boucher is out position on most of the shots. He either is too far, or overplaying it or too damn deep.

If Carle had not tipped it? Our players have zero confidence in this clown and try to block and tip as many shots as possible and I do not ****ing blame them. There is no such a thing as easy save with this moron. He is 8-20 this season for a reason.

Hockey is a game of mistakes and you need goaltenders saves to fix those mistakes.

Anyway, what can you do?
When you're talking about your 4th sting goalie you have to understand that he isn't going to make many good saves... That's what's so frustrating about this season. We have to expect the goalie to be bad and take it...

Richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
3) Sure you have to respect Gaborik's speed, but you also have to realize that Pronger was waiting for him if he tried to come around the post, you cannot leave your post early like that, you simply can't do it, that's not an NHL play.

4) Sure it deflected, but he was miles out of position. If you're going to criticize Leighton's positioning (criticism I agree with btw), have to be willing to do the same thing with Boosh, that was pathetic by him.

BTW, any time I find myself agreeing with Larry and nobody else, I usually reevaluate my position.
3) Pronger was covering the other guy...who was supposed to get the original pass that turned into a leave at the back post with the play going to Boucher's right.

I mean, lets be honest...if Boucher slavishly guards the post and the centering pass makes it and Dubinsky puts it far post, or Gaborik takes it around for a wrap you're going to **** that he's slow to get across the net.

4) He wasn't "miles" out of position. It beat his glove because it fluttered and threw off his timing. Out of position a bit? Sure. Miles...no. If that shot gets off clean there's a good chance he catches it.

It's also another case of Boucher having to move with the play...you make goalies move because it opens stuff up.

Boucher is nothing special, none of these are "routine" saves.

Old
04-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Pronger's play that led to the 4th goal is indefensible. That's a dude trying to be way too cool, rather than being safe. And it was Pronger losing his man that led to the 3rd goal. Carle kept Gaborik to the outside and denied the pass that he wanted to make...against someone like Gaborik, that's job well done.

Don't get me wrong...I'm all for talking about moving Carle along, and don't think he's a great partner for Pronger, but Pronger doesn't get taken off the hook there.

Old
04-10-2010, 10:53 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Pronger's play that led to the 4th goal is indefensible. That's a dude trying to be way too cool, rather than being safe. And it was Pronger losing his man that led to the 3rd goal. Carle kept Gaborik to the outside and denied the pass that he wanted to make...against someone like Gaborik, that's job well done.

Don't get me wrong...I'm all for talking about moving Carle along, and don't think he's a great partner for Pronger, but Pronger doesn't get taken off the hook there.
Oh certainly not. "Playoff Pronger," the Pronger who raises his game to the next level in playoff games, didn't seem to be around last night for one.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 10:53 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Which ones?

1) Prolly not.

You gotta be kidding me dude. EVERY single game Leighton played, you talked about every goal he let in and how it's his fault, and how he sucked and how Boosh should be in. Now your doing it for Boosh, but on the other side of the fence. Every goal Boosh lets in isnt his fault.

Id bet if those goals were let in by Leighton, you'd be freaking and saying how Boosh would have saved those.

Those were bad goals let in by Boosh. There isnt any other way around it. And it isnt like Boosh saw a ton of shots. He saw 25 and saved 21 of them.

I dont care if Boosh is a "backup who hasnt played in awhile". He has played for 3-4 weeks. He has been horrendous in 90% of those games. Even previous Boosh supporters agree. There are 0 excusses for Boosh's play.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Liked seeing the desperation in the 2nd and 3rd, where has it been all year though? This team needs to move some money around and revamp. I despise Matt Carle's defense and Scotty Hartnell's discipline right now. I'm almost positive after the big hit on Anisimov, Hartnell could have drawn an instigator with Girardi on the retaliation. Yet Hartnell actually gets his gloves off quicker than Girardi does and we needed that power play. Easily the lowest Hockey IQ I've ever witnessed in a player.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
You gotta be kidding me dude. EVERY single game Leighton played, you talked about every goal he let in and how it's his fault, and how he sucked and how Boosh should be in. Now your doing it for Boosh, but on the other side of the fence. Every goal Boosh lets in isnt his fault.

Id bet if those goals were let in by Leighton, you'd be freaking and saying how Boosh would have saved those.

Those were bad goals let in by Boosh. There isnt any other way around it. And it isnt like Boosh saw a ton of shots. He saw 25 and saved 21 of them.

I dont care if Boosh is a "backup who hasnt played in awhile". He has played for 3-4 weeks. He has been horrendous in 90% of those games. Even previous Boosh supporters agree. There are 0 excusses for Boosh's play.

Sure there is, he's a back up who isn't that good. He's actually played ok he's just not going to steal games. As opposed to what I've been expecting since the Islanders game, I've been pleasantly surprised.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 11:05 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
[/B]

Sure there is, he's a back up who isn't that good. He's actually played ok he's just not going to steal games. As opposed to what I've been expecting since the Islanders game, I've been pleasantly surprised.
I think Im just more annoyed that, when Emery and Boosh went down and Leighton started, people *****ed. Boosh came back from his injury, there was a following saying to start Boosh cause hes the better goalie, even if Leighton was winning us games.

Boosh comes in and now we start to lose all the time. The guys who wanted to start Boosh, are still defending their choice too..

Oh well

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote