HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Bozak

Old
04-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Evengi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defence View Post
Is he Native?
He's of Ukrainian decent.

Evengi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:53 AM
facey

thx from the honest/fair/non-trolling comments.

I cannot believe what some posters here are saying, its as if they are not watching the games.

whoever Bozak plays with suddenly looks dangerous, he excellent defensively, and has shown he has the ability to beat guys 1 on 1.

Yes he did just turn 24 (just turned I believe, will still be 24 for majority of next season), however this guy has every excuse in the book:
- late growth spurt
- longer NCAA route
- development halting injuries
- rookie season hampered with h1n1
- already his teams #1 C

and he uses none of those excuses, so for those of you saying he's a #3 , give your head a shake. he's already more then that, despite all these issues... he is not 170lbs when healthy, thats been discussed in depth, lost a sillly amount of weight... everyone can see what a change in Kulemin's game when he went up to 221lbs...

If kadri can hit the 185 mark, and bozak nudge the 200 dot things will be fine....it'll be a process to get them up to a powerful weight.
BTW-> last i checked he was #1 in rookie ppg, #1 in rookie FO%, #1 in rookie forward avgTOI.

facey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Vinh

I'd like to see more out of him on the PP. Otherwise, it's hard to complain. He's been great despite the setbacks this year. An absolute monster in the faceoff circle, good hockey sense, great passer, surprisingly hard on the puck, etc. Will be at least a very good second liner.

Vinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 12:28 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

I dont agree with the "He only looks this good because hes 24" argument. This is the freaken NHL, you don just play good cause you're older. Its not highschool hockey where he looks good because hes 4 years older and 100 pounds heavier then the freshman. Hes a rookie in the greatest hockey league on the planet, playing very well.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 12:59 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

this shouldn`t be a Kadri-Bozak comparison thread IMO, very different situation

Bozak has been great so far, with his skills he can outplay guys like Stajan easily (now that we know that there is not just the leafs where he is on the 1st line) and I think better players (not want to name them, but thinking of guys like Jokinen) too.
just hope the sophomore-slump won`t get him to ugly next year...

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Shanty
Just chip and chase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
this shouldn`t be a Kadri-Bozak comparison thread IMO, very different situation

Bozak has been great so far, with his skills he can outplay guys like Stajan easily (now that we know that there is not just the leafs where he is on the 1st line) and I think better players (not want to name them, but thinking of guys like Jokinen) too.
just hope the sophomore-slump won`t get him to ugly next year...
Always a big worry unfortunately.

Shanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 01:26 PM
PlayerToBe

If Bozak was drafted, he would have been taken in the 2004 draft.

Here's how he stacks up against the 2004 1st round forwards -- and the production of these players at 23 years old in the NHL:

Ovechkin (1): 79 gms, 110 pts (82 gms, 115 pts)
Malkin (2): 65 gms, 73 pts (82 gms, 93 pts)
Wolski (21): 79 gms, 64 pts (82 gms, 67 pts)
Zajac (20): 82 gms, 62 pts (82 gms, 62 pts)
Bozak (N/A): 36 gms, 26 pts (82 gms, 60 pts)
Ladd (4): 82 gms, 49 pts (82 gms, 49 pts)
Stafford (13): 79 gms, 45 pts (82 gms, 47 pts)
Schremp (25): 44 gms, 25 pts (82 gms, 47 pts)
Wheeler (5): 80 gms, 37 pts (82 gms, 38 pts)
Kaspar (22): 13 gms, 4 pts (82 gms, 26 pts)
Olesz (7): 37 gms, 9 pts (82 gms, 20 pts)
Nokelainen (16): 50 gms, 9 pts (82 gms, 15 pts)
Korpitoski (19): 70 gms, 11 pts (82 gms, 13 pts)
Chichura (18): 75 gms, 10 pts (82 gms, 11 pts)
Picard (8): 15 gms, 1 pts (82 gms, 6 pts)
Radulov (15): 0 gms, 0 pts (82 gms, 0 pts)
Tukonen (11): 0 gms, 0 pts (82 gms, 0 pts)
Chucko (24): 0 gms, 0 pts (82 gms, 0 pts)

PlayerToBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 01:48 PM
TheTotalPackage

Bozak's looking like he may achieve what Steen and Stajan weren't able to as Leafs -- a solid, two-way 2nd line centre who can flirt with 60 to 70 points on a yearly basis. He's more creative than Steen and not a pansy like Stajan (amongst other things).

TheTotalPackage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Kagunoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTotalPackage View Post
Bozak's looking like he may achieve what Steen and Stajan weren't able to as Leafs -- a solid, two-way 2nd line centre who can flirt with 60 to 70 points on a yearly basis. He's more creative than Steen and not a pansy like Stajan (amongst other things).
I think that stajan always on the penalty kill got lost the it was too late to recover and so the PK was a fail. Steen was a great defender think was he didn't use the creativity he's using in St.Louis therefore I really think that Bozak is a 70 to 80 point player with 20-24 goals

Kagunoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Todd Elik

Send a message via AIM to Todd Elik
I felt like the only way the leafs could do something against the bruins was if he was on the ice. Also the Rags game on Wednesday and Philly on Tuesday. The only leafs games I've watched. Have to say I wish the Bruins grabbed him.

Todd Elik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 05:19 PM
facey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Elik View Post
I felt like the only way the leafs could do something against the bruins was if he was on the ice. Also the Rags game on Wednesday and Philly on Tuesday. The only leafs games I've watched. Have to say I wish the Bruins grabbed him.

you guys aren't even close to being able to afford the cap hit of his bonuses, and it appears like he wanted to play in a canadian market... I have no clue how you boys missed out on Butler, not that anything in his first two showings were anything to be excited about.... there are still a few nice NCAA UFA's lets see where they do (S.De costa, J.Palmer,& J.Mitchell, of note).

though i know bozak did not hit all 3.9M, I'd wager he hit a fair amount of it (9k base, @ least one 812k bonus for gp, 1 for goals, 1 for points, 1 for avgTOI, one for FO% and perhaps something for special teams play... meaning he's likely in the ~3M range this year, and not demands more bonus cushion for the next season).

Old
04-09-2010, 05:41 PM
TheSilencer

I'd be more than happy if he becomes a 50-60 points 2nd line Center
And the way he's playing right now..that seems like the minimum range..i think/hope he can exceed 60 points

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 06:11 PM
dimi78

Said this once I'll say this again Bozak is a similar player in terms of talent, skill, size, skating, hockey sense at both ends of the ice and character to Brad Richards.

That's how talented Bozak is and only time will tell if he produces like Brad Richards and the good thing is he's going to get the opportunity to strive and achieve Brad Richards like accomplishments and that makes me excited.

Kadri I will say this the kid has the most talent and upside of any Leaf drafted player since Clark was drafted 1st overall and Clark didn't have half the skill that Kadri has.

Both Kadri and Bozak have the tools to be special players for the Leafs for many years to come and I'm optimistic like never before that these 2 will become just that.

dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Adversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
He needs to bulk up and add a bunch of weight....to his hair.

Bring it back Tyler, bring it back.
"Artax! You're sinking!"

Adversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Todd Elik

Send a message via AIM to Todd Elik
I'm pretty excited I get to watch Habs and leafs tonight (go leafs go) need a leafs win to clinch 6 seed, how is bozak against the habs?

Todd Elik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Quote:
I'm pretty excited I get to watch Habs and leafs tonight (go leafs go) need a leafs win to clinch 6 seed, how is bozak against the habs?
He has only played against them once, but got 1 goal and 1 assist in that game.

Nazem Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 03:16 PM
facey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Truculence View Post
He has only played against them once, but got 1 goal and 1 assist in that game.

so decent

his speed and ability to read plays is real trouble for the slow retarded MTL dmen.

Old
04-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Tequila Stud

Bozak's Value?

Hi all,

Let me preface everything I'm about to say with, I simply love Bozak so far. Young forward with amazing upside, as shown by his play on this lackluster Leafs squad. I don't believe he is going anywhere, nor do I expect or wish he be traded.

With that said, I want to play/consider "the other side of the coin" for now. With his numbers what they are; was this a glimpse into a future mainstay for the Blue and White, or could we use him as trade bait for an older veteran centreman; packaged with other assets?

What do you think other teams' value Bozak at? And, what do we reasonably value him at as fans of the Leafs?

Tequila Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:49 PM
XO

vCash: 50
not a TML fan but I absolutely love him.

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Kesselisboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequila Stud View Post
Hi all,

Let me preface everything I'm about to say with, I simply love Bozak so far. Young forward with amazing upside, as shown by his play on this lackluster Leafs squad. I don't believe he is going anywhere, nor do I expect or wish he be traded.

With that said, I want to play/consider "the other side of the coin" for now. With his numbers what they are; was this a glimpse into a future mainstay for the Blue and White, or could we use him as trade bait for an older veteran centreman; packaged with other assets?

What do you think other teams' value Bozak at? And, what do we reasonably value him at as fans of the Leafs?
There was already a bozaks value thread a while back.

Anywho...at theis point id rather keep him because his value to our team is not nearly as high as value to others. The fact he went undrafted seems to hurt players values no matter how they play. Therefore id rather let him play and stay with us. Honestly id rather trade Kulimen( SHUTUP KULI FANS HES NOT THAT GOOD!) then bozak. Bozak plays with Kessel and *insert amazing player* hes got 80 points imo. Let him develop...i doubt his value will drop if anything.

Kesselisboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Kesselisboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquilani View Post
not a TML fan but I absolutely love him.
Wanna fight.

Kesselisboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Kenadyan

Quote:
Yeah, but would you trade the Leafs back their 2010 1st for Bozak??

Kenadyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Malkiin

bozaks good no question about that but you can't compare him to kadri when ones playing in the NHL and the other in the OHL

Malkiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 12:18 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpo11 View Post
Bozak is already better than a 3rd line center.

He has ridiculous skating, vision and hockey sense, and top notch passing skills with very good hands.

The guy is a player. He's going to be a 70+ point 1st/2nd line center. Just watch.

3rd line centers can't skate, see the ice or pass like Bozak.
no doubt. lol, 3rd line centre? if he was a Red Wing he would be hyped up so much more and get so much more respect.

Bozak is the total package at centre. any team would want this player.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
he's a very talented yet small play maker.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote