Evander Kane Feature

The Hockey News posted a pretty good feature on Evander Kane yesterday,

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...n-Atlanta.html

Old
04-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

vCash: 500
i love how we are already getting shots taken at us about whether we will be able to keep him 8 years from now

Old
04-09-2010, 08:23 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
i love how we are already getting shots taken at us about whether we will be able to keep him 8 years from now
Did you honestly expect any publication to cast the Thrashers in a shining light, given the way this organization has been run since inception? I expected more pot shots than that, and left pleasantly surprised.

This was a great feature on Kane, and I really hope he does well for us. And if management (old, new, whatever) can to turn this organization around, maybe Atlanta will one day become a formidable force in the league.

Old
04-09-2010, 09:00 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
It was the first thing I thought as well after watching it, The Hockey News is a Canadian Flag waving xenophobic news outlet. You cannot expect anything less out of them unfortunately.

Old
04-09-2010, 10:17 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
The Hockey News is a Canadian Flag waving xenophobic news outlet. You cannot expect anything less out of them unfortunately.
If we were managed even half-decently, this all would stop. The Thrashers, as much as we all hate it, will continue to be crapped on by the media until meaningful changes are made.

Til then, this is nothing new, and nothing unexpected.

Old
04-09-2010, 10:25 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
If we were managed even half-decently, this all would stop. The Thrashers, as much as we all hate it, will continue to be crapped on by the media until meaningful changes are made.

Til then, this is nothing new, and nothing unexpected.
Look, THN is a Toronto mag that has a heavily Canadian readership. They cater to their market, and do it well. I read them from time to time, but know what I am getting when I do.

Even IF this was a well run org, we would get the shaft from those guys in articles and attitude.

Old
04-09-2010, 10:30 AM
fuzzy

I love Evander Kane and Niclas Bergfors. Young and speedy with nice hands.

Old
04-09-2010, 10:39 AM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Even IF this was a well run org, we would get the shaft from those guys in articles and attitude.
I disagree. Build a winner, be consistent, and you'll get respect.

Yes, they're a Toronto publication. Yes, they come across as douchey. But the way I see it, we kind of deserve it. The only way to quell negativity is to do something positive. We have yet to do that.

Old
04-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
I disagree. Build a winner, be consistent, and you'll get respect.

Yes, they're a Toronto publication. Yes, they come across as douchey. But the way I see it, we kind of deserve it. The only way to quell negativity is to do something positive. We have yet to do that.
Well, you're wrong. Toronto media hates anything south of the border that isn't Original Six.

They've got a special hard on for Southern markets like Phoenix, Florida, Carolina and Atlanta. Tampa and Carolina win the Cup and all they can do is complain that they have such a cream puff division that they get to coast all season. Almost as if they played HS team for 82 games.

Old
04-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Magnus Fulgur

When I lived in Toronto in the 90's most people were total jerks about anything American.

Old
04-10-2010, 09:40 PM
DuklaNation

The history of the franchise tells a different story from the comments in this thread.

Closed Thread