HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 81 | Detroit Red Wings @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D+ |

Old
04-09-2010, 11:15 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

vCash: 500
Ok, I'm home, and finished watching the game. Stupid game, not too entertaining, lots of posts, Wings should have lost, no goals, lots of blah, Howard had a few huge stops but lots of posts, Wings should have lost, they were fortunate, did I mention Wings should have lost?

Anway, congrats to the Wings on another 100-point season, congrats to Jimmeh on another shutout, don't care in the slightest about what happens on Sunday, unless it determines whether the Wings play the Canucks or not. They cannot play the Canucks. That would be bad. Don't do it, Wings. Travel, customs, no thanks. We can kill Alex Burrows next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post
Two Hearted is something I won't drink even when I'm dead. One taste was one too many. Yuck. The other night I had an Oberon. Sort of.
You do realize that Two Hearted is one of the best beers in the world, right? The fault does not lie with Two Hearted, it lies with your malformed palate

Quote:
I do Bud Light if I'm drinking beer, but I am more of a hard liquor (mostly vodka or soco) kind of gal.
Jesus H Christ, why would you drink Bud Light? Just stick to liquor if that's what beer you are drinking. Are you trying to depress me?

Quote:
So funny story, one time the Boob Sisters and I (it's a group of five of us friends with, uh, common assets...) tied a blow up doll to the car roof and drove it to the hotel and put it in our friend Jonathan's bed, but we put a shirt on it. Obviously, there is more to it than that, but I'm not going into it. Then there was the time we found a blow up sheep. Good times...
Yeah, I have a blowup doll (wife) story from The Old Shillelagh in Detroit on St. Patty's Day that probably trumps that a thousand times over. Oh, The Old Shillelagh, how I miss thee.

Take your blowup doll to The Old Shillelagh and try again

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 02:16 AM
Fugu

vCash:
The SoupGuru does it again. jaster in the top three! And one Yemack is back too.

SoupGuru 33
jaster 25
Yemack 22
HelmForPresident 14
Redwingsfan 13
theYman 13
Nordic 11
ESunlin 5
Matt714 5
Heaton 4

Old
04-10-2010, 08:10 AM
ESunlin

Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
You do realize that Two Hearted is one of the best beers in the world, right? The fault does not lie with Two Hearted, it lies with your malformed palate

Jesus H Christ, why would you drink Bud Light? Just stick to liquor if that's what beer you are drinking. Are you trying to depress me?

Yeah, I have a blowup doll (wife) story from The Old Shillelagh in Detroit on St. Patty's Day that probably trumps that a thousand times over. Oh, The Old Shillelagh, how I miss thee.

Take your blowup doll to The Old Shillelagh and try again
A) Two Hearted can bite it. It's gross. One of my friends (and my massage therapist) just broke up with the son of Bell's Brewery. Totally off topic, but it seemed relevant. She's an amazing person.
B) Bud Light doesn't really taste like anything, it's cheap, and I can get buzzed off it if I drink enough.
C) Old Shillelagh is amazing. Had so much fun- I beat a few members of this board in Irish Car Bombs a few weeks ago there. I don't have the doll anymore, although I think I know who has the blow up sheep... Eventually, I'm going back there just to have fun, not go to a game.

ESunlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 11:54 AM
crashman

vCash: 714
The Wings really need to beat the Hawks and San Jose needs to win, then I like the standings MUCH better.

Chi vs. Nashville in the 1st round is the next best thing to us playing them in the 1st, which would have been the best case scenario in my opinion. Nashville is a very tough team and they have a better chance a upsetting the Hawks than the Avs.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 01:39 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Wow, I'm glad I got the sleep instead of staying up. Seemed like a boring game, no?

Anyways we got a win. Howard with his 4th SO! i saw in the highlights he got some help from the post, but everyone needs some luck sometimes.

So who is starting on Sunday? I think we should rest a few guys (including Howard) to avoid any risk of injury.

Mason seems to have stepped up his game at the end of the season. I think he'll be better next year. He just needed some confidence and these last few games definitely got him that. He'll be fine.

This win also means we'll play either the Vancouver or Phoenix. I prefer Phoenix TBH. But to win the Stanley Cup the Wings will have to go through some pretty tough teams so 1st round or not, we are bound to get a matchup with the other strong teams.

I'm just worried with one thing is our offense. We have some great players, some good backup and our very own Mr. Clutch (Abdelkader) is being called up . But we really struggle to dominate on the scoreboard. I'm definitely excited by the playoffs, I want to see which team shows up.

Congratulations on 100 points Red Wings, see you in the playoffs (can't watch the Hawks game on Sunday )

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 03:56 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

I'm not worried about the Cup to be honest, I'm worried about the first round. Not having that extra home game is a weird experience. If my memory doesn't fool me it will be the first playoff series in which the Wings don't have home ice since playing the Avs in the 2nd round 10 years ago. The Wings lost that series 1-4.

TheMoreYouKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 04:58 PM
GuloGulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm not worried about the Cup to be honest, I'm worried about the first round. Not having that extra home game is a weird experience. If my memory doesn't fool me it will be the first playoff series in which the Wings don't have home ice since playing the Avs in the 2nd round 10 years ago. The Wings lost that series 1-4.
Nah, Wings were the away team when we played the Stars in 98.. and we won that one

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 05:47 PM
YzermanWings19

Kings lose 4-3 in a shootout to Edmonton. So simply, we win tommorrow (or lose in OT) we're the 5th seed.

Nashville plays tonight, if they lose to St.Louis, we'll be 5 or 6.

YzermanWings19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 05:53 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzermanWings19 View Post
Kings lose 4-3 in a shootout to Edmonton. So simply, we win tommorrow (or lose in OT) we're the 5th seed.

I think Nashville will beat St. Louis. So at least a 1 point tomorrow would be great. We'll have to wait until tomorrow.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:06 PM
tmf2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzermanWings19 View Post

No, the Wings need 2 points to secure 5th. Anything less means LA can still take 5th if they get 2 points in their final game against Colorado.

tmf2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Sadekuuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf2204 View Post
No, the Wings need 2 points to secure 5th. Anything less means LA can still take 5th if they get 2 points in their final game against Colorado.
Correct. But one point does secure the 6 seed (can no longer be surpassed by Nashville, even if they beat St. Louis)

Sadekuuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 12:06 AM
YzermanWings19

San Jose win tonight means we can cross off Chicago. Can't play them, as if we lose, they are #1 and we can't be #8. And if we win, we are #5 and they can't be #4.

I believe that was always the case, but it's official anyways.

So, we win it's Phoenix, we lose (in regulation) it's Vancouver or San Jose, pending on what Los Angeles does.

Of course if we lost in OT, we can still be #5 if LA lost.

YzermanWings19 is offline   Reply With Quote