HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guillaume Latendresse: "I had no fun playing in Montreal"

Old
04-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Habs fans now expect far too much too soon.

Well good for you, Guillaume. I hope you do well in the playoffs.

Oh wait, looks like a possibility that neither the habs, nor your fat ass are playing in the playoffs.
One thing is sure is that he wouldn't have help us to make the playoff if he was still here.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:30 AM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
I liked Gui when he was here and thought he always had the potential to be a good player... But Jesus Christ, shut the **** up.

We get it. The whole world was 'against' you and now that nobody is chanting your name it's such a relief. I've never seen an athlete take so much pride in his own mental frailty.
Well said. What a sad attitude. He is so happy to acknowledge that he couldn't handle it. Thankfully some players can, those who can't, thank god they are gone because they will play like ol' Gui did for the most part.

TroyM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:32 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
QQ loser. 0 class even after the season is done, shut up and thank them for giving you a pro contract at 18.

JHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Kjell Dahlin

Btw... the RDS’ article is a translation of a startribune.com article by Michael Russo:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wi...tml?page=2&c=y

Extract:

"... Latendresse has brought what the Wild lacked -- a big body who finishes checks, drives the net, plays in high-traffic areas and scores.

When he was younger, he idolized Eric Lindros. In juniors, he was compared to Todd Bertuzzi.

He got to the NHL and was considered a bust. Now Canadien fans worry the Habs have traded John LeClair, a 400-goal scorer who didn't break out until after Montreal discarded him, all over again.

"And I don't care," Latendresse said. "I'll go back there in the summer and see all those people who were saying I was not quick enough or not fast enough or not good enough or didn't have good hands or was not a good playmaker, and say, 'What do you say now?'"

Again: I hope PJ Stock and Marinaro read it. According to them D'Agostini >>> Latendresse!? Weird eh?

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
I wonder how many players in our team right now are having fun playing here and for Jacques Martin.

Like I said when that trade happened, there is WAY more chances that he succeeds than Pouliot does. We'll see what the future holds. But clearly he wasn't as bad as people thought he was, especially the ones who were predicting a ECHL career in 2 years....

I'm not too sure how this board can give a lesson to players telling them to shut up or telling them how immature they are when we see people like that in this board every single day....Chances are if Latendresse would be a poster, he'd be like tons of people in here we love and adore....

Right now he talks. Then he'll mature and shut up and do his skills do the talking. Though he seems to be able to do both at the same time.

In our case, just another example of a bad development process. Another one. But we'll hide it under the "he wouldn't have done it here". Can't wait to use that when we'll trade Price....and AKost.....and SKost.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
usernam

It's obvious Latendresse would kill for a 2nd chance in Montreal. He's just bitter.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:33 AM
RE-HABS

Talk to Gomez and Gionta or Cammer and they love the environment, the city and the passion, and Lats being a hometown boy is now a basher and unappreciative brat forgetting it was Montreal that gave him his chance, a chance as a 19-20 year old as well.

Three coaches couldn't get him to move his ass or to work, he wanted everything given to him without having to work for it. Going to Minnesota he was obviously bitter and had motivation called anger and knowledge knowing there wasn't a French fan or media base saying he had to be played and was the next Guy.

The guy can think what he wants, but have some class and walk away from the organization and be a good hockey player. One strong year isn't proving anything, lets see him do this again next year as to me it looks as though his head is getting pretty swelled again, much like it did here in the beginning too.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:34 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
He's 2 millions $ richer now because of the Habs. In any other franchise, he would't have made it in the NHL until 21 years old.

SergeConstantin74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
He's 2 millions $ richer now because of the Habs. In any other franchise, he would't have made it in the NHL until 21 years old.
But... but... it was all buisness, im sad cause I'm rich and paid to play a game I love

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:38 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
More cheese on your Big Mac to go with the whine?

For God's sakes, get over it already. He's acting like Aubrey on LA Ink...
He is not just coming out and whining about it. They asked him questions and he gave them answers. You are the one whining because the answers aren't what you want to hear.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:39 AM
CarrePrisme

While some dumb hockey fans will still cry about letting Latendresse go, considering he has success next year, most people will have moved on.

Ribiero became huge and when he comes back to Montreal, I don't see anyone kneeling in front of him, begging for his forgiveness. If anything, all that trade has left his good lulz about Ninimma.

What I'm trying to say here is that Latendresse should let go. Because most people quickly move on and holding grudges eventually makes you look worse than how you think you were treated.

The problem with professional sport athletes is that most have no real work experience and because of that will lack common sense when their employment is terminated. They live in an alternate reality in which they think working is 'playing' and that they can trash their former employer, like it's a godamn reality show. Just because you are paid to play a game doesn't mean you have no obligations. His comments that "hockey is a business in Mtl" show that he doesn't really have a grasp on how things work.

CarrePrisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Never wanted him traded, I knew the kid had great potential.

But man, he's acting like a real baby..
It seems there's a new article of him whining about Mtl every couple of months. Saying he had no fun playing here is a diss to his fans. The kid was placed on a pedestal here, people chanting his name. His good season with Lappy last year..

I expect these words to come out of a teenager's mouth, not an adult. Such a childish attitude.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:40 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
He is not just coming out and whining about it. They asked him questions and he gave them answers. You are the one whining because the answers aren't what you want to hear. Well boo ****ing hoo for you.
If a journalist asks me what his my bra color, I don't have to answer him. Same goes for Guillaume.

SergeConstantin74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
He is not just coming out and whining about it. They asked him questions and he gave them answers. You are the one whining because the answers aren't what you want to hear. Well boo ****ing hoo for you.
Well, anyone else not surprised that TheCH comes in to defend Gui?

Just give it up man. People are tired of his little comments. The kid is not a superstar, even though he probably thinks he is.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I wonder how many players in our team right now are having fun playing here and for Jacques Martin.

Like I said when that trade happened, there is WAY more chances that he succeeds than Pouliot does. We'll see what the future holds. But clearly he wasn't as bad as people thought he was, especially the ones who were predicting a ECHL career in 2 years....

I'm not too sure how this board can give a lesson to players telling them to shut up or telling them how immature they are when we see people like that in this board every single day....Chances are if Latendresse would be a poster, he'd be like tons of people in here we love and adore....

Right now he talks. Then he'll mature and shut up and do his skills do the talking. Though he seems to be able to do both at the same time.

In our case, just another example of a bad development process. Another one. But we'll hide it under the "he wouldn't have done it here". Can't wait to use that when we'll trade Price....and AKost.....and SKost.....
No, no, you see, the organization is doing fine.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. We're making truckloads of money, but it doesn't matter just about all of our prospects fall short of the expectations placed upon them.

Money is all that matters. Don't need good hockey to make $$$.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Shut up already Latendresse, hockey is your job and the main goal isn't to "have fun". just shut up and quit talking about Montreal... and go work on your golf swing since you won't be in the playoffs.

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
He is not just coming out and whining about it. They asked him questions and he gave them answers. You are the one whining because the answers aren't what you want to hear.
If this was the first article then sure. But this is the 3rd time and from his answers he's clearly still very very bitter.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Talk to Gomez and Gionta or Cammer and they love the environment, the city and the passion, and Lats being a hometown boy is now a basher and unappreciative brat forgetting it was Montreal that gave him his chance, a chance as a 19-20 year old as well.

Three coaches couldn't get him to move his ass or to work, he wanted everything given to him without having to work for it. Going to Minnesota he was obviously bitter and had motivation called anger and knowledge knowing there wasn't a French fan or media base saying he had to be played and was the next Guy.

The guy can think what he wants, but have some class and walk away from the organization and be a good hockey player. One strong year isn't proving anything, lets see him do this again next year as to me it looks as though his head is getting pretty swelled again, much like it did here in the beginning too.
Even if true, all 3 guys you named are there for how many years now? Can't wait for Gomer to still love the city after being reminded how much he's winning for the kind of stats he's having.....Lats is a basher 'cause there's nothing more he'd be thrilled about then to have succeeded here. Can anyone go past the words and see that? Is it too hard to read between the lines?

And then all 3 "great" coaches we have that weren't able to get him moving.....Yet, Carbonneau was considered a failure. Gainey...well what kind of coach are we talking about here? And then, Martin....who the heck works for him right now? All that, and the lazy bum ended up scoring 15+ goals with no PP time and no quality first line time. The lazy bum who last year was on our best line with Lapierre and Kosto....

Yes, he's bitter, he'a a freakin kid. I always said that when it's time to draft a kid, maturity has to be a plus on a kid's resume....but immaturity cannot always be taken the wrong way. Pretty sure that based on his interviews, a stupid Kessel wouldn't have been picked in the 1st round solely based on how he answers, how dumb his answers was and how clearly he looked immature answering them. So clearly, he's become a lazy bad player because of that.

So the guy answers the questions asked....Are the question about his start of his career? The fact that they gave him a chance that young? Or are they about how it finished here? Yes, a mature guy would have probably answered differently. But he isn't. And frankly, not too sure what's more immature....the hamburgers eating comments after a season like he's done this year or Lats comments about his season in Montreal.

Yes, he's immature....but he's a fine good hockey player. But clearly, in Montreal, drink your milk, eat your cookies, be great respected players that will be satisfied with 1 round of playoffs every year. Rinse and repeat.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
DeVries*

You were slightly better in Dieu Merci than on the hockey ring, Gui, so shut the **** up if you can't at least say thanks to the team that rushed you in the NHL.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dgill

I can't blame him. Montreal is the toughest mark to play for in the NHL. To make matters worse, when you are a native of the province you have high expectations. Joining such a storied franchise at the age of 19/20 (please correct me if I am wrong) while being a hometown native, you don't have much of a chance unless you are mentally mature beyond your years. He's only 22, most people his age are still in university.

Dgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:46 AM
JackZap

he says in Montreal hockey is all about business but yet he says he needs a multi year contract to perform? lol

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Schooner Guy

One word for Gui: LOSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/296952.html
"I need confidence to perform and if they offer me a one year contract, I'll find it difficult. I will not want to be injured and I won't be able to concentrate only on hockey."
Translation: I am not self-driven.

That's not the type of guy I want on my side in a war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
I've never seen an athlete take so much pride in his own mental frailty.
Very nice line! That sums it all very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Lats is a loser.....plain and simple.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

And now minny can enjoy your p1ss poor attitude.

One thing is for sure... Big Mac sales have went through the roof in Minneapolis/St Paul since Big Gui moved into town.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:49 AM
TheGoalJudge

I don't know why everyone hates Gui. It's clear we mismanaged him from the time we freakin drafted him and his failure here is probably more our fault than his. And the stuff he's saying is 100% true. People forget he's still very young and had the world on his shoulders when he was 19.

TheGoalJudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
I don't know why everyone hates Gui. It's clear we mismanaged him from the time we freakin drafted him and his failure here is probably more our fault than his. And the stuff he's saying is 100% true. People forget he's still very young and had the world on his shoulders when he was 19.
No, we didn't forget anything, but he can shut his yap already and stop giving MTL a bad name.

Heck if I didn't know better I would say he should be fined for talking trash about an other NHL team like that repeatedly. Bettman, are you there?

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote