HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm For The Summer

Old
04-09-2010, 02:19 PM
edmoil3

vCash: 500
Gm For The Summer

you are the gm for the summer. make trades and signings. im bored at work. i would like to see what people would like to see happen this summer.

DRAFTED HALL

hall gagner hemsky
mps Horcoff eberle
Penner Cogliano brule
Eager polutny stornini

stone pouliot

i signed ben eager. buy out nillson and osullivan and moreau. didnt resign comrie. said bye to pisani.

Whitney Gilbert
Souray Petry
Smid Plante

Johnson

khaby
JDD

try and seek dubnyk down to the ahl on waivers

in the future try and get rid of souray and cogliano. for a young shut down type dman and a big center.

edmoil3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 02:36 PM
GatoradeG*

Sign Belanger, Grier, Skoula, Turco to 1 year deals. Sign Colaiacavo to a 2 year deal. Trade Souray for Dubinsky? Trade Moreau, Pisani, POS, Nilsson for picks or whatever just somehow get rid of them. Get rid of Khabi somehow. Can we Nylander him?

Belanger- Great faceoff man who can put up decent points. Probably won't cost too much to sign.

Grier- Serviceable veteran 4th liner. Most likely come cheap.

Skoula- Pretty much the same as Grier but a defenseman.

Turco- I think he has 1 more good year in the tank. He has put up respectable numbers this year.

Dubinsky- I think he would be a nice addition to the 3rd line.

Colaiacavo- In my opinion he is getting better now and at the age of 27 he is maturing and is a good age for this defense.

Penner-Cogliano-Hemsky
Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Dubinsky-Belanger-Brule
Pouliot-Horcoff-Grier

Gilbert-Whitney
Smid-Colaiacavo
Johnson-Skoula

Turco
Deslaurier

I didn't really bother with cap space but I think it would work. Team probably sucks but who knows. Not sure why I have so many veterans either. Oh well.

GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Jmask83

I'd Draft Taylor hall

I'd try and trade Sheldon Souray- asking price: 4th or 3rd Rounder, or bad contract and 2nd rounder.

I'd try and trade Ethan Moreau- asking Price: T-shirt, 1 dollar, Paper clip, If not I'd see about buying him out.

I'd keep Nilsson and POS until Training camp. More competition is better for the younger guys. If they comeback better great if not there are options like Waivers and sent to OKC or buyouts.

I'd see about resigning Pies at 700,000

I'd try and Sign some bottom 6 guys like, Dominic Moore, Glen Metropolit, Colby Armstrong

I'd Keep All 3 Goaltenders. I don't think either of JDD or Dubnyk would clear.

I'd resign Johnson

Resign Gagner, Cogs, Pouliot and Brule

Let JFJ Go

try to add a couple D-men. But I am not sure who. Maybe 1 shutdown guy to play with Smid and a Powerplay guy.

For the Farm I'd resign Arsene, Potulny, Minard, and Stone. Each would have a shot at the club with Potulny the best chance. Personally I'd rather replace him with a younger faster player like an Omark or Eberle.

Jmask83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 02:56 PM
ChefTO

Draft Seguin
Move up in the draft or acquire another 1st, take a studly dman, hopefully snag Kabanov with our 31st and Ross with NSH pick...
Trade Souray for a pick
Keep Moreau and Nilsson
Trade or buyout POS
Package Nash and picks and prospects and Cogs for Horton
Sign DJ King for the camp and see what happens
Sign Michalek or Sign offersheet or trade for Coburn (Coburn especially if you can't get Horton use the same package)
Give Habby some crack and a bottle of Jack or Vodka and call the cops so he's gone for good!

Horton** Seguin Hemsky
Penner Gagner Eberle
Moreau Horcoff Brule
JFJ Pouliot Stortini

Extras: Stone / Nilsson / King *** if you can't get Horton then you put Omark up there

Whitney Gilbert
Smid Michalek or Coburn
Peckham Chorney / Johnson
Strudwick

JD
DD

Lots of this will happen! haha

Also I'm not opposed to trading Smid: I love the guy, but his injury woes scare me and if we can deal him at the height of his development for something that will significantly better the team overall or if we can package him up to grab a top 5 pick and possibly snag Gubranson or Connolly, I'd do it! and probably shi* myself!

ChefTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 04:07 PM
jcoldwell

At the draft...

1st round selections: Tyler Seguin, Jack Campbell
2nd round selections: Jon Merrill, Jarred Tinordi
3rd round selection: Devante Smith-Pelley
4th round selection: Michael Sgarbossa
5th round selection: Brendan Ranford
6th round selections: Jordan Messier, Andrew Huff
7th round selection: Mitchell Capman

Draft day trade: Sheldon Souray and Patrick O'Sullivan for a mid round 1st

July 1st: Fernando Pisani not resigned, Mike Comrie brought back with same contract, Aaron Johnson resigns. RFA signings, Gagner, Cogliano, Pouliot, Brule, Stone, Potulny, Peckham, Dubnyk, Deslauriers, O'Marra, Trukhno. Everyone else is gone.

UFA signings: Jordan Leopold (D), Henrik Tallinder (D), Scott Nichol (C), Manny Malhotra (C), Alexander Frolov (L)

During the off-season trade Nilsson and one of JDD or Dubnyk for 2011 draft picks.

Buy out Ethan Moreau with a cap hit of $666,667 for the next 2 years.

Going into opening night

Penner-Gagner-Hemsky
Frolov-Brule-Comrie
Cogliano-Malhotra-Potulny/Pouliot
Horcoff/Stone-Nichol-Stortini/Jones

Whitney-Gilbert
Smid-Tallinder
Leopold-Johnson

Khabibulin
JDD/DD

Eberle has a full season in the AHL or is a call up come mid season if he puts up numbers. All draft picks are back to junior.

jcoldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 04:17 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoldwell View Post
At the draft...

July 1st: Fernando Pisani not resigned, Mike Comrie brought back with same contract, Aaron Johnson resigns. RFA signings, Gagner, Cogliano, Pouliot, Brule, Stone, Potulny, Peckham, Dubnyk, Deslauriers, O'Marra, Trukhno. Everyone else is gone.

UFA signings: Jordan Leopold (D), Henrik Tallinder (D), Scott Nichol (C), Manny Malhotra (C), Alexander Frolov (L)

During the off-season trade Nilsson and one of JDD or Dubnyk for 2011 draft picks.

Going into opening night

Penner-Gagner-Hemsky
Frolov-Brule-Comrie

Whitney-Gilbert
Smid-Tallinder
Leopold-Johnson

Khabibulin
JDD/DD

Eberle has a full season in the AHL or is a call up come mid season if he puts up numbers. All draft picks are back to junior.
I pretty much agree with you. I am just not too sure on the Frolov idea. It would depend how much and how long we would sign him for.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 04:19 PM
ChefTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoldwell View Post
At the draft...

Going into opening night

Penner-Gagner-Hemsky
Frolov-Brule-Comrie

Whitney-Gilbert
Smid-Tallinder
Leopold-Johnson

Khabibulin
JDD/DD

What you smoking... Souray and O'Sullivan will not get a 2nd rd pick and a case of beer!

Definitely not going to resign Comrie... youth movement!

ChefTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 04:39 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1006
don't we already have several next year threads where people are playing GM?

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 04:59 PM
JonQuixote

I would keep Souray. We need a veteran d-man, we need a physical d-man and we need a top 4 d-man. He fills all of those needs. His cap hit and remaining contract length are reasonable. Unless he really wants out, I would keep him at least until the trade deadline. If he rebounds and has a strong year, he'll easily garner a 1st round pick in March.

If we were to trade him now, we'd have to take salary back, which likely defeats the main purpose of trading him. If he really wants out, I'd see if we could get a guy like Niskanen for him.

Try very, very hard to sign Jagr to a 1 year deal. No risk, he could probably teach our offensive guys a thing or two, it would be good PR and again, if we're not having a remarkable turn around he'd bring a significant return at the trade deadline.

Re-sign Cogliano to a 2 season deal at sub-3 million. Try to get Gagner locked up long-term (7+ years) at 3-4 million. If not, then a 3 year deal at around 3 million.

Work my ass off to move O'Sullivan and Moreau. Short of that, buy them out.

Try to re-sign Johnson to something like a 2 year, 2 million deal.

Let Pisani and Strudwick walk, and try to replace them with guys like Nichol and McKee on reasonable (sub 2 million) short-term contracts (1-2 years) to stabilize the defensive game and add some veteran presence.

See if an agreement can be made whereby we can get Khabibulin into the KHL and free from the cap it.

Give Eberle or Omark every chance in the world to take Nilsson's roster spot.

Hall - Gagner - Jagr
Penner - Horcoff - Hemsky
Potulny - Cogliano - Brule
Stortini - Nichol - Jones
Nilsson/Eberle/Omark

Whitney - Gilbert
Souray - Smid
Johnson - McKee
Peckham

JDD
Dubnyk

Hemsky - Penner - Jagr *** Hall - Gagner - Brule
Souray - Whitney *** Gilbert - Johnson

Horcoff - Brule *** Nichol - Potulny
Souray - Smid *** Gilbert - McKee

JonQuixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:43 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1006
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=758441

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Delta Cubes

Highly unlikely scenarios, but fun nonetheless:

To BOS:
Penner, 1st 2011, Nash

To EDM:
2nd Overall 2010 + Denis Wideman

Draft Hall and Seguin
Attempt to move Moreau, Nilsson and O'sullivan to any team for any pick or future considerations, if not, buy them out.
Cogliano for a second round pick + decent prospect

Next years lineup:

Hall - Gagner - Hemsky
Penner - Seguin - Eberle
Potulny - Horcoff - Brule
Jones - Pouliot - Stortini

Whitney - Gilbert
Souray - Smid
Johnson - Wideman
Peckham

Khabs
Dubnyk

More realistic:

Draft Seguin.
Let go of Moreau, Nilsson, POS with buyouts or trades

Penner - Gagner - Hemsky
Omark/Cogilano - Seguin - Eberle
bottom 6 the same

Whitney - Gilbert
Smid - Souray
Johnson - Chorney
Peckham

Khabs
JDD/Dubnyk

Delta Cubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 01:45 AM
DousedInOil

Just for the summer eh? I guess I would sell the team and blow all my money on women and beer.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 03:09 AM
NMK

I put this in another thread, but here's what I'd do:
Trade Hemsky, Cogliano, Souray, and our 2nd, plus the Bruins choice of either Nilsson, Moreau or POS, for the 2nd overall pick, Ryder and Sturm.
They get much better quickly and lose a few bad contracts. We take back a few more bad contracts, but Ryder is a UFA after 2011, and Sturm only has one more year after that. In return we get Seguin AND Hall in the draft, give away a big contract in Souray, and a player we don't need in Nilsson/Moreau/ or POS. Having Seguin and Hall, plus Eberle, MPS, and Gagner will cement us as the future Blackhawks/Caps/Pens.

Sign Volchenkov as a free agent to a 6 year $30 million deal.

Hall - Gagner - Penner
Eberle - Seguin - MPS
Jacques - Pouliot - Stortini

Volchenkov - Whiteny
Smid - Gilbert
Peckham - Chorney
Petry

Khabbi
JDD
Wave Dubnyk, he has an .884 SP< no team is going to want to take him on waivers and if they do, when they send him down we can reclaim him anyway.

This team likely finishes in the bottom 8, picks up another solid prospect in the draft, and after that its off to the Stanley Cup within 3 years!

Last edited by NMK: 04-10-2010 at 03:15 AM.
NMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 03:23 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Why aren't Ryder and Sturm in your line-up?

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:05 AM
NMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Why aren't Ryder and Sturm in your line-up?
Lolz, I forgot 'em! Put them on the 3rd and/or 4th lines. Take out Pouliot, and Jacques I guess.

NMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 05:02 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
This isn't 100% what I'd do, but rather a combination of what I'd like to see, and what I think could/will happen.

1. Draft Hall
- Center may be the more important position, but I believe you take the best player available, and that is Hall IMO. He steps into the lineup opening night because that's just what happens with 1st overall picks.

2. Re-sign Pisani
- Tambellini wants to have cheap vets in the lineup who want to be Oilers and will be mentors to the young guys. Pisani is the consumate professional, should come fairly cheap, and considering he owns and runs a hockey training center and spends his summers teaching people how to improve their games, I can't imagine he's not the teaching type in the locker room as well. If he's not back, and ends up signing somewhere else for $800K or less, then Tambellini either was lying about what kinds of players he wants, or he did a **** job of evaluating his team over the past 2 years.

3. Trade Souray

To Edmonton: Commodore, 1st/2nd
To Columbus: Souray, Moreau

- Not a popular move, and I'm not sure I like it either, but it seems like the kind of thing that could happen. Similar to the Visnovsky trade, the Oilers shake up the leadership core, move a couple of big salaries, they get a younger vetran defenseman who's a local kid, and add another high pick in this draft. I don't know how realistic it is to expect a 1st for Souray, but a 2nd for sure. Howson brings in a player (Moreau) he's familiar with and who was a warrior for him in the past, and moves a player who was by all accounts a Hitchcock guy, and gets the powerplay defenseman they've been looking for since he showed up.

4. Sign Dominic Moore
- I'd rather Many Malhotra, but I don't think he's interested in becoming an Oiler. Dominic Moore could fit the bill, and we already know what we'll get for him at the deadline. He's been traded for a 2nd round pick two years in a row. He could sign with a team that might have a shot at the post season, or sign a one year deal with one that doesn't and guarantee himself a playoff birth that way. He can kill penalties, and isn't a bad faceoff man. The biggest thing is it gives us a useful stop-gap and another year of development to see if Pouliot is ready to handle 3rd line duties full time.

5. Trade Cogliano

To Edmonton: Price/Halak
To Montreal: Cogliano, Brule, Deslauriers

- Not sure how realistic that trade is, but the idea is to get one of Montreal's goaltenders, and Cogliano seems like a likely centerpiece. Both goalies carry far more value than Cogliano, so something else needs to be added. Brule is having a good year, and JDD gives them a cheap backup capable of playing in the NHL. Maybe we still add a pick or something, I don't know. Khabibulin isn't reliable enough to count on, and he's unmoveable. Price/Halak gives us an upgrade in net, and someone who can be this team's #1 long term.

The Lineup:

Penner - Horcoff - Hemsky
Hall - Gagner - O'Sullivan
Jones - Moore - Pisani
Potulny/Stone - Pouliot - Stortini
Nilsson

Whitney - Gilbert
Smid - Commodore
Johnson - Peckham/Motin
Chorney

Halak/Price
Khabibulin

NOTES
- Another possibility is we sign Jagr for 1 or 2 years, and O'Sullivan is either moved or bought out. In which case, Jagr gets the #2RW spot.
- This lineup is about $4M under the cap with O'Sullivan and Nilsson's $5M coming off after next season. If by some miracle, Khabibulin can be moved or put on LTIR permanently (ala Rathje), then we'll have a lot more to work with in terms of cap space.
- Penner and Hall probably switch positions halfway through the season. Starting Hall on the top line probably isn't wise, but he could develop quickly. He's certainly got the talent and potential.
- I'd like to see a better 3rd D-pairing, but I don't think we'll bring in any UFA defensemen.
- O'Sullivan and Nilsson are not bought out. Instead, they use their abundance of capspace in 10/11 to keep both players, saving themselves the buyout penalty the following year and another year to see if they can bounce back. If MPS makes the team in 11/12, Penner moves to RW on the 2nd line, replacing POS and MPS moves into the #2LW position. If he doesn't (either spends another year in Sweeden or in the AHL), then Penner stays at LW and Eberle takes the #2RW spot.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Bouch1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Just for the summer eh? I guess I would sell the team and blow all my money on women and beer.
when has a GM ever sold a team?

lols i suppose

Bouch1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Agent Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickaction View Post
Highly unlikely scenarios, but fun nonetheless:

To BOS:
Penner, 1st 2011, Nash

To EDM:
2nd Overall 2010 + Denis Wideman

Draft Hall and Seguin
Attempt to move Moreau, Nilsson and O'sullivan to any team for any pick or future considerations, if not, buy them out.
Cogliano for a second round pick + decent prospect

Next years lineup:

Hall - Gagner - Hemsky
Penner - Seguin - Eberle

Whitney - Gilbert
Souray - Smid
Johnson - Wideman
Peckham

Khabs
Dubnyk

More realistic:

Draft Seguin.
Let go of Moreau, Nilsson, POS with buyouts or trades

Penner - Gagner - Hemsky
Omark/Cogilano - Seguin - Eberle
bottom 6 the same

Whitney - Gilbert
Smid - Souray
Johnson - Chorney
Peckham

Khabs
JDD/Dubnyk
How do we acquire Penner back from Boston?

Agent Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:00 PM
caley

DRAFT: Hall in the first (I have a feeling Seguin will eventually be the better player, but Hall will sell more tickets), Jordan Weal in the second round (Eberle's high-scoring junior teammate), Brett Bulmer in the third round (Awesome player).

Buy-Out Ethan Moreau, thank him publically but "we owe him a chance to compete for a contender this season", throw a pie in his face in private.

Decline to qualify Reddox, O'Marra, Jacques, and Stone. Offer all of them significantly discounted salaries when they become UFAs, if they refuse, send 'em packing. Make 2-way offers to Linglet, Arsene, and Minard, if they balk, wish them well.

Trade Patrick O'Sullivan to Chicago for Cristobal Huet, and Akim Aliu. Chicago does it because: O'Sullivan gets a chance to rediscover his scoring touch with genuine scorers for $1 million cheaper than Patrick Sharp (whom Chicago moves for picks), gets rid of Huet's massive salary, and Aliu is far from a sure thing. Edmonton does it because: Huet plays goalie 1B with Deslauriers 1A if Khabibulin's out for a while, or goes to the minors, his salary is a disaster, but salary space isn't a big deal for a team that's not poised to compete, and he only has two years left. If he does admirably well, he could be moved the following summer or two deadlines from now for a pick, just asEdmonton is poised to compete and needs to start considering the cap. Aliu is big, smooth-skating project, could be nothing, but he's no risk for a non-playoff team.

Hang onto Souray. Pair him with Smid (so Smid can cover for his defensive mistakes), elevate his +/- and get him shooting on the powerplay (Also forbid him from fighting). Move him at the deadline after elevating his value.

Re-sign Brule, Gagner, and move Cogliano for pick(s).

Put offer sheets on Patrick Kaleta and Mike Weber from Buffalo. It's a no-lose situation. If Buffalo declines, they're perfect fits for Edmonton going forward: a Matt Cookeish agitator, and a solid, mean defenceman. If Buffalo matches, you get the entertainment of Buffalo *****ing about elevated salaries again.

Sign UFAs Matt Ellis, Brian Fahey, Johan Frogren, Steve MacIntyre, Eric Nystrom, Mika Pyorala, Mike Van Ryn and one of Jason Krog/Alexandre Giroux or Corey Locke. Ellis, is a solid 4th line plugger who leaves it all on the ice. Fahey is a solid AHL hand who can step onto the big team in a pinch. Frogren, is a d-man who loves to go for the big hit to provide some excitement next season, and would still be young enough to play when the team is ready to compete. MacIntyre plays the odd game to keep the opponents honest with Hall out there. Nystrom is a third liner who will grind and fight and sometimes score. Pyorala is defensively responsible and will be groomed for the 3rd line center/shutdown spot. Van Ryn is simply there to put points on the PP and be moved at the deadline for a pick. Krog, Giroux or Locke is given a nice deal to center Eberle and Omark in the AHL and tear up the league.

Goal looks like
1A. Jeff Deslauriers (Earned it this year, will be better with experience/more rest)
1B. Cristobal Huet (Starts against weaker teams to improve his worth)

Khabibulin is allowed to rest and come back whenver ready, at which point he and Huet and JDD alternate.

Defence looks like

1ST PAIR: Tom Gilbert-Ryan Whitney (Look good together now)
2ND PAIR: Ladislav Smid-Sheldon Souray (Souray moved at the deadline)
3RD PAIR: Johan Frogren-Taylor Chorney
SPARE: Mike Van Ryn (Van Ryn plays lots of PP, moved at the deadline)
Forwards look like
LINE 1: Dustin Penner-Sam Gagner-Ales Hemsky (If Penner-Hemsky find similar magic, Penner's elevated goal totals makes him a good candidate to move at the deadline, with Eberle or Omark taking his spot
LINE 2: Taylor Hall-Gilbert Brule-Robert Nilsson (Spot is left open in camp, Nilsson wins it)
LINE 3: Mika Pyorala-Shawn Horcoff-Marc Pouliot (Pure shutdown line)
LINE 4: Matt Ellis-Eric Nystrom-Ryan Jones (Energy line regularly cycles MacIntyre,Stortini in at either wing)
SPARES: Steve MacIntyre, Zach Stortini

The team is not going to win a ton of games, but will at least look like they're trying to with all the grinders on the bottom line. The goal of the team is develop the younger players (Gagner, Hall, Chorney) with hard-working forwards and new Captain Whitney setting an example, and maximizing the assets (Penner, MVR, Souray, maybe Huet). Both Eberle and Omark are left in the AHL most of the season under a good coach, with a veteran center between them to dominate the lower levels before being brought up the following season.

It ain't pretty, but I think it's the direction the team should help.

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:39 PM
GatoradeG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
Edit: Made a fool of myself. XD

Last edited by GatoradeG*: 04-10-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old
04-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Ovechking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davalicious View Post
Sign Belanger, Grier, Skoula, Turco to 1 year deals. Sign Colaiacavo to a 2 year deal. Trade Souray for Dubinsky? Trade Moreau, Pisani, POS, Nilsson for picks or whatever just somehow get rid of them. Get rid of Khabi somehow. Can we Nylander him?

Belanger- Great faceoff man who can put up decent points. Probably won't cost too much to sign.

Grier- Serviceable veteran 4th liner. Most likely come cheap.

Skoula- Pretty much the same as Grier but a defenseman.

Turco- I think he has 1 more good year in the tank. He has put up respectable numbers this year.

Dubinsky- I think he would be a nice addition to the 3rd line.

Colaiacavo- In my opinion he is getting better now and at the age of 27 he is maturing and is a good age for this defense.

Penner-Cogliano-Hemsky
Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Dubinsky-Belanger-Brule
Pouliot-Horcoff-Grier

Gilbert-Whitney
Smid-Colaiacavo
Johnson-Skoula

Turco
Deslaurier

I didn't really bother with cap space but I think it would work. Team probably sucks but who knows. Not sure why I have so many veterans either. Oh well.
Penner-Gagner-Hemsky played fantastically at some points this year. I'd rather keep that and leave Cogs off the first line.

Then Hall-Cogliano-Eberle.

Ovechking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:45 PM
rockinghockey

I am looking at doing an actual rebuild. Here is what I am thinking with what we have now for players.

Trade Hemsky- I have this feeling that he is not going to resign after his contract is over. This is a deep draft so now is the time to do it. Would Atl trade both 1st round picks they have for Hemmer. I know that NJ's would be late but hey it would give them a legit top line player that they really need in that market that could help their team. It gives us two more 1st round picks. One in the top 10(hopefully they can move up in the lottery) the other all depends how they do in the playoffs.

Souray- His time is up on this team and with us rebuilding he is not required. I think that he can get us a late 1st round pick.

I am not buying out any players. The players that we want to get rid of only have one year left on their contracts.

I think that we would be better off with the legit 1st line centreman. If we win the draft I trade down to who ever has the 2nd pick over all if I know they want Hall really bad. This can get us another 2nd round pick.

I trade for Coburn from Philli. He would look good on our 2nd pairing with Smid. Two big bodies that can both move the puck and play defense.

Eberle and O'Mark I start off in the minors so that there is not too much pressure and see how they do.

Penner; Cogs; Brule(they played really well when together)
Comrie;Gagner; Nilsson(This is Nilsson's last chance to prove himself; if he does maybe we can get a good draft pick for him because there will be no room for him the following year unless we can get something for him this year); Comrie is traded at the deadline.
Moreau; Horc; O'Sullivan(Moreau is gone at the deadline same with O'Sullivan; if we can trade O'sullivan at this years draft then we do)
Jones; Pouliot; Stortini

Whitney; Gilbert
Coburn; Smid
Johnsson; Peckham
Strudwick

Hoping that we get another top 2 pick in 2011.

The 2011-2012 season is going to be totally different with players like Eberle, MPS, Hall/Seguin; Petry; and 2011 1st round pick coming in.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:46 PM
GatoradeG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
Penner-Gagner-Hemsky played fantastically at some points this year. I'd rather keep that and leave Cogs off the first line.

Then Hall-Cogliano-Eberle.
Hmm yeah that makes sense I suppose. Gotta keep the chemistry intact.

Just putting it out there but GOSH did I miss Hemsky this year.

Old
04-10-2010, 08:37 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davalicious View Post
Just putting it out there but GOSH did I miss Hemsky this year.
So did the powerplay.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Delta Cubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
woops.

It'd be:

Hall - Gagner - Hemsky
Brule - Seguin - Eberle
Potulny - Horcoff - Comrie (sign to $2.5 million for 2 years)

Second line up is the same because Penner was never traded.

Delta Cubes is offline   Reply With Quote