HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

what is zubrus' value?

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2004, 02:59 AM
andora

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
what is zubrus' value?

there are a couple teams i wouldn't mind seeing him on... if kariya/selanne go, i wouldn't mind him on the avs, bumping kono up to the 2nd line with svatos and sakic...

or in la, if they lose a couple guys he'd be a decent 3rd/2nd liner

for some odd reason i think he's do well in anaheim, adding a little more size

or even san jose, if ricci goes..

any thoughts on value?

Old
04-28-2004, 03:12 AM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

I still like Danius as a player and would take a stab at him if I was another GM looking to add forward depth.

I am not sure about his salary but if he makes in the 1.2 - 1.7 range I would be all over adding him to the Oilers line-up although i think he is a comparable player to Brad Isbister who really failed to prosper in our organization this season.

I think a mid-level prospect or another talented player in need of a scenery change could get the job done.

My proposal might look like:

To Washington: Rita and mid-round pick

To Edmonton: Zubrus

Unfortunately we are sporting a rather large clut of wingers, especially on the left side, and i don't see where he could fit in but there has to be others teams that would be interested...along with those previously mentioned i could see him excelling in Florida or Columbus.

Old
04-28-2004, 03:15 AM
andora

chimera and rita for zubrus and a pick? or zubrus and cutta for rita and chimera ?

.. edmonton i think would be a decent place for him as well

Old
04-28-2004, 06:08 AM
stardog

That is funny. If you asked that guy BIG TRAIN, Zubrus has the value of any top notch player in the NHL.

I believe he said that if the Senators wanted Zubrus, the deal would have to look like this:

To Ottowa: Dainus Zubrus

To Wash: Martin Havlat, Patrick Eaves, 2nd round pick, 1st round pick.

I should note that he said it was a top notch prospect and not Eaves specifically, though this was the package that he said it would take to get Zubrus. Funny because he was almost traded straight up for Jan Hrdina though the deal fell through.

I think he is a fine player, but the only thing he could possibly get from the above mentioned absurdity is the 2nd round pick. I certainly wouldn't mind having him on the Pens, though I must ask, why are you wanting to know his value? Are you unhappy with him and want him traded?

Old
04-28-2004, 06:19 AM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
That is funny. If you asked that guy BIG TRAIN, Zubrus has the value of any top notch player in the NHL.

I believe he said that if the Senators wanted Zubrus, the deal would have to look like this:

I should note that he said it was a top notch prospect and not Eaves specifically, though this was the package that he said it would take to get Zubrus. Funny because he was almost traded straight up for Jan Hrdina though the deal fell through.

I think he is a fine player, but the only thing he could possibly get from the above mentioned absurdity is the 2nd round pick. I certainly wouldn't mind having him on the Pens, though I must ask, why are you wanting to know his value? Are you unhappy with him and want him traded?
whats funny is it isnt even close to his most absurd trade statement.....His "Stana for a Lindros like package" is his best work IMO

as for Zubrus....I think his trade value is lower than his value to the Caps as a roster player....at the very least he is a good NHL player that can play the PP/SH as well as a regular shift.....he does all the little things....will stand in front of the net....and will on occasion wow you with his skill (someone often)....if he could stay healthy and finish just a little more he would be considered a very good player (and I still dont rule that out as a possibility).....but its doubtful he will ever become that 35 goal.....85 point player.......but as it is right now he is still a good player that contributes a lot to a team.....so I doubt he is moved

Old
04-28-2004, 08:04 AM
Jasper17

I would think it would take alot to get Zubrus. The Caps really love this guy. I think the Caps would want a really good young player in return, to get this they would more than likely have to give up a propsect along with Zubrus.

Old
04-28-2004, 08:17 AM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
I would think it would take alot to get Zubrus. The Caps really love this guy. I think the Caps would want a really good young player in return, to get this they would more than likely have to give up a propsect along with Zubrus.
thats pretty accurate IMO......if he is moved it would most likely be a case where he is not the best player in the trade......and the Caps send a good prospect along with him......

I preface this next part by saying....this is ONLY an example.....not a proposal...not gonna happen.....not fair.....and I know it!!!

something like Zubrus/prospect/pick for Havlat

Old
04-28-2004, 08:28 AM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra
thats pretty accurate IMO......if he is moved it would most likely be a case where he is not the best player in the trade......and the Caps send a good prospect along with him......

I preface this next part by saying....this is ONLY an example.....not a proposal...not gonna happen.....not fair.....and I know it!!!

something like Zubrus/prospect/pick for Havlat
I could see that Mothra.

Old
04-28-2004, 09:11 AM
BIGTRAIN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog

Yo Stardog: The so clled deal Zubrus for Hrdina was a joke and never was going to happen >> The caps traded for Zubrus because he filled a need they had for a power forward that played both ends of the ice >> The caps gave montreal bullis and zednick plus a # 1 to get him >> Montreal gave another player that was later traded to Vancouver for a #1 draft choice ( cannot remember his name but zubrus was the main part of the deal )>>

Now buddy the senators are in need of a power foward and a goalie to get them past the first round of the playoff and since these are the final pieces to make a team a champion they do not come cheap>> What part of a sellers market do you fail to understand ?? When the senators needs or for that matter any teams needs are greater than the team that can fill those needs then the price goes up >> Basic business 101>> Ottawa can choose to either make the trade and get better or not make the trade and fail year after year untill their window closes >> To win a stanley cup I would think a team would do almost anything to do that and their fans would agree but guess my thinking is wrong when it comes to those that think winning is not important>> Winning is not only important it is the ONLY REASON YOU PLAY THE GAME AND KEEP SCORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So go on thinking as you do and with that logic maybe you team my win a cup when all other teams are killed off in a plane crash >>

Listen to grapes ottawa has no players that make their living by attacking the middle but on the sides and that makes them easyer to defend >> He pointed out this fact showing why that had great difficulty scoring >>

Keep dreaming plane crashes happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SELLERS MARKET SELLERS MARKET BURN THAT INTO YOUR BRAINS ( if you have any ) and remember you need it more than I want to sell it = sellers market >> Simple but it seem that some of you do not understand the concept >>

Old
04-28-2004, 09:21 AM
Frenzy1

I don't think it is a sellers market. Not w/ the CBA coming to a close. It is slightly a buyers market, especially after the Trade deadline.

Actually, Zubrus wasn't the key piece in that trade, if I am not mistaken, the key piece was Trevor Linden. Zubrus was used to even it out. Lindren was originally brought in for Leadership for the Capitals.

Zubrus is a decent player but he isn't a great player or an elite player. He has never topped the 50 pt mark, but yet teams should give up Halvat for him???

I think you are way overvalueing your players.

Old
04-28-2004, 09:32 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Is there another Zubrus playing in the NHL?

Old
04-28-2004, 09:54 AM
BIGTRAIN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
I don't think it is a sellers market. Not w/ the CBA coming to a close. It is slightly a buyers market, especially after the Trade deadline.

Actually, Zubrus wasn't the key piece in that trade, if I am not mistaken, the key piece was Trevor Linden. Zubrus was used to even it out. Lindren was originally brought in for Leadership for the Capitals.

Zubrus is a decent player but he isn't a great player or an elite player. He has never topped the 50 pt mark, but yet teams should give up Halvat for him???

I think you are way overvalueing your players.
Wrong zubrus was the key to the deal linden was a throw in because of what montreal was asking for >> A good throw in but a throw in >> You like a lost of posters think there will be a hard cap and YOU ARE WRONG >> The cap will be soft and a tax if you excees it>> Further to support my argument about a soft cap team like the av's, rangers and detroit would be playing with very few players since they have contracts with players now that have to be honored >>

Read my LIPS buyers market when you have to sell and a sellers market when buyers have to buy >> Rifgt now there is at least three teams that need a true # 1 goalie and because of that if Olie is traded it will be high regardless of his salary >> Also there are several teams( greatest need is ottawa ) that will try to get zubrus and his cost will be high but the caps are not looking to trade him >> Why you ask ?? Well young not making a lot of money can play center and is a two way player the will center the caps #1 line >>

Now I love how you all down play the value of players not on your teams and over value the ones on your team >> Value is determind by what someone will pay to aquire said player and hee becomes more valueable as more teams enter the fray >> By the way he zubrus is not a middle of the road player and would be an assit for any team he plays on >> Soon you will see that value when the caps first line scores tons of goals then I will be making sport of you >>>

Old
04-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

LOL

yes let the great Zubrus bidding war of 2004 begin!

too funny.

Old
04-28-2004, 10:28 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTRAIN
Wrong zubrus was the key to the deal linden was a throw in because of what montreal was asking for >> A good throw in but a throw in >> You like a lost of posters think there will be a hard cap and YOU ARE WRONG >> The cap will be soft and a tax if you excees it>> Further to support my argument about a soft cap team like the av's, rangers and detroit would be playing with very few players since they have contracts with players now that have to be honored >>

Read my LIPS buyers market when you have to sell and a sellers market when buyers have to buy >> Rifgt now there is at least three teams that need a true # 1 goalie and because of that if Olie is traded it will be high regardless of his salary >> Also there are several teams( greatest need is ottawa ) that will try to get zubrus and his cost will be high but the caps are not looking to trade him >> Why you ask ?? Well young not making a lot of money can play center and is a two way player the will center the caps #1 line >>

Now I love how you all down play the value of players not on your teams and over value the ones on your team >> Value is determind by what someone will pay to aquire said player and hee becomes more valueable as more teams enter the fray >> By the way he zubrus is not a middle of the road player and would be an assit for any team he plays on >> Soon you will see that value when the caps first line scores tons of goals then I will be making sport of you >>>
Making sport of me!!! BTW, I hate Ottawa, but to say Zubrus isn't a middle of the road player is a joke.

Zubrus was the Key assett in the Linden trade . Let me ask you a question. Was the trade not made at the deadline? Were the Capitals not trying to make a cup run? Were they not looking for an experienced leader? Were they not looking for proven scoring in the playoffs?

That wouldn't be Zubrus, that would be Linden. WOW.

Why are you bringing up Kolzig? I dont see him having a lot of value and here is why. There are many goalies that are ready to be starters in the NHL, including Garon and Gerber (I don't like Gerber). They are cheaper then Kolzig. Besides, Lalime may have played a poor game 7, but he has been to the conference finals before and the Sens were outplayed for 4 games in the series anyways.

I don't blame Lalime for the loss to Toronto. It is a team effort and they all came out flat in game 7.

Old
04-28-2004, 01:42 PM
andora

this thread seems to have worked

Old
04-28-2004, 01:51 PM
BIGTRAIN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
He has value to those who know anything about hockey >> Hockey 101

Old
04-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
Sorry, this thread got a little off track..

I could see him going to the blues, we need alot more secondary scoring. One of our stregnths is your weakness, D men.

How about this: Bryce Salvador (top 4, stay at home/physical type) for Zubrus.

Sal is 28 (Feb. birth date) and make 1.45 million next season. Zubrus is 26 (June b/date) and made 1.5 million this year (not sure what he is due next season, and if he is due for a drastic raise, then I don't make this trade).

Contracts are about a wash and age difference is about 18 months.

Old
04-28-2004, 02:38 PM
BIGTRAIN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
Sorry, this thread got a little off track..

I could see him going to the blues, we need alot more secondary scoring. One of our stregnths is your weakness, D men.

How about this: Bryce Salvador (top 4, stay at home/physical type) for Zubrus.

Sal is 28 (Feb. birth date) and make 1.45 million next season. Zubrus is 26 (June b/date) and made 1.5 million this year (not sure what he is due next season, and if he is due for a drastic raise, then I don't make this trade).

Contracts are about a wash and age difference is about 18 months.
Nope he is the first line center

Old
04-28-2004, 02:48 PM
ErnestoGuevara

I think Zubrus would be a good fit in Florida and could play second or third line center (depending on how much ice-time Horton gets)....I'm not sure if the Panthers wouldn't prefer to go with Anthony Stewart but I could see ZUbrus go for a pick or a young dman like Novak or Mezei...

Old
04-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Nope he is the first line center
A 1st line center maxing out at 43 points who scored about 1 point per 2 game.

Washington is in far worse shape then I thought. He also looks to be a little injury prone, at least based on the number of games played.

It is better to look stupid vs. opening your mouth an proving it.

Andora, I would like to hear your thoughts on this trade.

Old
04-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Zubrus' market value is no where near what the above poster is suggesting. He is basically a second-line player who hasn't really established himself as a consistent scorer in this league. Nonetheless, he is coming off a career year and is one of the two vet forwards in Washington who are really being counted on for longer term contributions (Jeff Halpern probably being the other). So, this probably is a classic case of a player whose value to the team exceeds his value as trade bait.

As for the Salvador offer, I really wouldn't see Washington doing that. First, Salvador's market value is probably not at the same level as Zubrus. Zubrus did enjoy a breakthrough season of sorts, scoring at better than a 20 goal pace before getting hurt. Second, Salvador is basically a 4/5 dman and (from what I understand) he did not have a great season. Even before this year, I doubt Washington would have done this.

The other suggestion above, that a move to FLA could be reasonable, makes sense to me. FLA has lots of good young dmen (which Washington could use) and FLA would like some big physical forwards. But, that said, I still think a Zubrus trade is very unlikely.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 04-28-2004 at 04:03 PM.
Old
04-28-2004, 04:06 PM
BIGTRAIN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Zubrus' market value is no where near what the above poster is suggesting. He is basically a second-line player who hasn't really established himself as a consistent scorer in this league. Nonetheless, he is coming off a career year and is one of the two vet forwards in Washington who are really being counted on for longer term contributions (Jeff Halpern probably being the other). So, this probably is a classic case of a player whose value to the team exceeds his value as trade bait.

As for the Salvador offer, I really wouldn't see Washington doing that. First, Salvador's market value is probably not at the same level as Zubrus. Zubrus did enjoy a breakthrough season of sorts, scoring at better than a 20 goal pace before getting hurt. Second, Salvador is basically a 4/5 dman and (from what I understand) he did not have a great season. Even before this year, I doubt Washington would have done this.

Andora's suggestion, that a move to FLA could be reasonable, makes sense to me. FLA has lots of good young dmen (which Washington could use) and FLA would like some big physical forwards. But, that said, I still think a Zubrus trade is very unlikely.
Listen folks washington is not in need of a d-man they have enough that will soon be with the big club >>
OK people Trade :: all you good players for steven peat because you need a goon >> Just as stupid as you trade proposals since you do not know what washington wants or needs just what you want to get or send >> That a trade does not make >> When you can make a proposel that is good for washington lets hear it if not be quite

Old
04-28-2004, 04:18 PM
ErnestoGuevara

Quote:
Listen folks washington is not in need of a d-man they have enough that will soon be with the big club >>
OK people Trade :: all you good players for steven peat because you need a goon >> Just as stupid as you trade proposals since you do not know what washington wants or needs just what you want to get or send >> That a trade does not make >> When you can make a proposel that is good for washington lets hear it if not be quite

Well today I took the Buisness 101 class and the Hockey 101 class as you recommended everyone to do.......and I discovered Zubrus holds very little trade value and like Darth Milbury said he holds more value to Washington than to any other team so he will likely not be traded. I also discovered that you were the ones makings stupid trades proposals because you don't know what the other teams need and you don't even know what *your* Washington Capitals need. Stop critizing everyone's proposal because yours are far worst and I have not seen anyone agree with you in these forums since you started posting.

Old
04-28-2004, 06:51 PM
SwOOsh*

Quote:
How old are you BIGTRAIN?

Old
04-28-2004, 06:52 PM
SwOOsh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
That about sums it up. GMGM is very high on Zubrus and has been since the trade from Montreal, I just don't see them giving up on him when he has at times demonstrated how talented he really his.

Closed Thread