HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Sweden at the 2010 World Championship

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2010, 08:05 PM
RED ARMY EAST

vCash: 500
Team Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerik View Post
Yes but I am talking about Sweden and the Sweden federation. And I think Finland, Czech.Republic can do the same. Its very frustrating to see Russia with its dream team and the rest of the European top teams with B-teams.

But this year its only fun because of all the young Sweden players on the team, Its more a future dream team.... but in the long run the Sweden federation must act. Hopefully this new generation top players will start a new trend and play for the national team.

I understand some of the no-go players are injured, but if you healthy enough to play for your club team to Midsummer you can play two weeks in May with your national team.

Its pay back time, todays big Swedish players seams to forget all the federation have done for them in the past. In the long run it will hurt hockey in Sweden if the best players say no to the national team.

They should learn from the old guys like Forsberg and Sundin. They always join the team after they have finish in North America. But hopefully this problem will end with the new young generation.
Don't feel bad, after several years of Canada dominating this tournament, they have sent an "F" team this year! All but 1 Olympian. Corey Perry and a bunch of young players. Most people don't even recognize the goaltenders. This tourney shouldn't take place in an Olympic year, period!

Old
05-20-2010, 09:39 AM
jfc64

1-0 now! , Sweden over Denmark! Mackan (The Sandwich) has awoken!

Old
05-20-2010, 11:59 AM
joe89

I suspect we will be labeled favorites against the Czechs, but we got everything to win from now on. Couldn't have put ourselves in a better position.

Old
05-20-2010, 03:28 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Coyotes fan interested in how OEL has looked. Any impressions? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Ali.
?que?

Old
05-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Oyabun

Ros (swedish sports "journalist") is such a clown. First Denmark was a better team and now he sings a different tune "I can't wait until the final" and "next sacrificial lamb: Czech".

While Wennerholm who said it was ridiculous to call Denmark a better team is right again and calls the Czech match "en rysare", translation ?

I can't believe how overlooked Czech has been for several matches now. I would've preferred Finland in the semi.

Old
05-20-2010, 05:32 PM
gmaledotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
Ros (swedish sports "journalist") is such a clown. First Denmark was a better team and now he sings a different tune "I can't wait until the final" and "next sacrificial lamb: Czech".

While Wennerholm who said it was ridiculous to call Denmark a better team is right again and calls the Czech match "en rysare", translation ?

I can't believe how overlooked Czech has been for several matches now. I would've preferred Finland in the semi.
That means we're gonna lose since Ros is never right about anything.

Old
05-20-2010, 05:32 PM
ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post

according to google "en rysare" = a thriller

Old
05-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Oyabun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaledotcom View Post
That means we're gonna lose since Ros is never right about anything.
You know, that was the first thought that popped into my head when I read the article . At the same time, Wennerholm called the game a thriller (cheers ts ) and he has been right in the past so we must still have a chance.

Old
05-20-2010, 06:12 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ARMY EAST View Post
Don't feel bad, after several years of Canada dominating this tournament, they have sent an "F" team this year! All but 1 Olympian. Corey Perry and a bunch of young players. Most people don't even recognize the goaltenders. This tourney shouldn't take place in an Olympic year, period!
I'm sorry what? Last time I checked Canada has been Russia's *****es in the finals two years in a row. I'll give you that this isn't Canada's A team, but it certainly isn't their F team either, B team is more like it.

And if you don't like it nobody is forcing you to watch it, personally I think it's great and one of the best tournaments in years due to all the upsets.

Last edited by William H Bonney: 05-20-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: don't circumvent the profanity filter
Old
05-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Young A

see you in finale

Old
05-21-2010, 03:31 AM
SChan*

båg cannot coach. He didnt give our leading scorer 1 second in PP while Wallin and Nilson is out there the whole time

Old
05-21-2010, 06:43 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipethesniper View Post
båg cannot coach. He didnt give our leading scorer 1 second in PP while Wallin and Nilson is out there the whole time
He is retarded, why is anyone surprised?

Wallin and Nilson are our two most offensively challenged players, yet they get the most ammont of pp-time, it's wonderful

Old
05-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Salming

All Swedish hockey tabloid columnists are a waste of paper and bandwidth! Ros, Wennerholm, and Anrell are a bunch of failed journalists with no real insight.

Old
05-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
I'm sorry what? Last time I checked Canada has been Russia's *****es in the finals two years in a row. I'll give you that this isn't Canada's A team, but it certainly isn't their F team either, B team is more like it.

And if you don't like it nobody is forcing you to watch it, personally I think it's great and one of the best tournaments in years due to all the upsets.
Im guessing you don't watch hockey at all. This was Canada's D or C team at best.

Old
05-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Harry Kakalovich

Hey guys,

How good is Hedman? I watched the WC game vs. the Czechs (good game, but sorry for the result, you guys deserved better!). In that game, I thought Ericsson and Ekman-Larsson looked like the two best Swedish dmen (OEL played not so much, but looked good when he played).

Karlsson I watched play really well in Ottawa last season, he didn't look amazing at the WC, but I still think he looks real good.

But Hedman, he never seems to look all that good. I mean, it's not that he looks bad, but he hasn't really ever looked great anytime I've seen him (Tampa, WJC, WC, etc.). So I'm just wondering, is Hedman good? I mean, with all the hype pre-draft, is anybody still a big Hedman fan?

Old
05-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Howe Elbows 9

vCash: 700
I was thinking about ranking the defensemen in this tournament, and here's my opinion:

Ekman-Larsson - Great skating.
Johansson
Hedman - Started the tournament a bit shaky, but plays a mature game and takes on a lot of responsibility. Really good perception of the game.
Ericsson - I was a little surprised to see that Jonathan was the defenseman with the most ice time, but he played really solid without any major mistakes. Good offensive and defensive instincts.
Karlsson - High-risk player. Maybe this placement is a bit low, but it comes from poor defensive awareness at times.
Gunnarsson - Alright but unremarkable. Should try playing more physical to be more effective.
Bäckman
Lindström

Maybe it's Hedman's playing style that relies more on reading the game instead of throwing his body around that leaves people unimpressed by him?

Anyway, I do think Victor has a really good future ahead of him.

Old
05-25-2010, 07:22 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kakalovitch View Post

But Hedman, he never seems to look all that good. I mean, it's not that he looks bad, but he hasn't really ever looked great anytime I've seen him (Tampa, WJC, WC, etc.). So I'm just wondering, is Hedman good? I mean, with all the hype pre-draft, is anybody still a big Hedman fan?

Overrated.

Old
05-25-2010, 07:59 AM
DrCrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Overrated.
Nah.

Old
05-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs38 View Post
Im guessing you don't watch hockey at all. This was Canada's D or C team at best.
Please, please stop. Why does someone always have to say something stupid like this?

Closed Thread