HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moreau = Class

Old
04-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Greaser

vCash: 500
Moreau = Class

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/edm100409.html

Greaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:47 PM
RNHall

That's really good to hear I really liked Moreau in his younger days. It seems like every since he got the C he hasn't been the same player.

RNHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Philly85
Moody'

he also mentioned he was only happy to have played with Pisani and Horcoff, mentioned no one else.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Beerfish

Wrong, Moreau = no class. Sure he can make a nice little statement like that now when he pretty well knows he is gone. When other players left this team in the past he dumped all over them. (Salo, Pitkanen.)

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:55 PM
hillbillypriest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
he also mentioned he was only happy to have played with Pisani and Horcoff, mentioned no one else.
No he didn't. He mentionned that he was happy to play with them. You put the only in. Nice....

hillbillypriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:57 PM
awesomo
HARD!

damn that tambo, giving the media and fanbase nothing but giving Moreau honestly

how dare he!

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:58 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
This is old news. It was in the news thread a couple of days ago. Oh yeah, Moreau is classy like Paris Hilton or Dice Clay.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Jmask83

I don't think anyone can argue that the guy does a lot for the community and has a good giving heart. Having said that when it comes to hockey playing he's done.

I can understand how he feels though. I mean you dream of playing in the NHL and winning the cup. Its very frusterating to go through your whole career without winning it. I think some of his comments stem from his realization that his time maybe up and he may never get a chance to win the cup.

Jmask83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypriest View Post
No he didn't. He mentionned that he was happy to play with them. You put the only in. Nice....
well, I didn't see him saying he was happy to have played with anyone else aside from those 3 specifically, thus (given his wretched, self-righteous and generally smug, arrogant attitude) I assumed he indeed would have only enjoyed playing with those players and not many, if any others. I'm pretty sure the guy hasn't enjoyed or appreciated the youth movement and veteran exodus, combined with his terrible play over the past 3 seasons. It's quite clear he doesn't have many true friends or people he cares about left on the Oilers.

Old
04-10-2010, 07:08 PM
MerryJ99

Quote:
maybe because that is whose line he has played on for the last couple of games.....

Quote:
well, I didn't see him saying he was happy to have played with anyone else aside from those 3 specifically, thus (given his wretched, self-righteous and generally smug, arrogant attitude) I assumed he indeed would have only enjoyed playing with those players and not many, if any others. I'm pretty sure the guy hasn't enjoyed or appreciated the youth movement and veteran exodus, combined with his terrible play over the past 3 seasons. It's quite clear he doesn't have many true friends or people he cares about left on the Oilers.
his quote:
Quote:
"If it was my last game (on Wednesday) it was fun to play with (Shawn Horcoff) and Fernando (Pisani) the last few games,
again that is who has been his line mates for the last couple of games.

Do people just need to find a reason to **** on the man and hate him? The guy was a great player for us once upon a time, I won't forget that and neither should anyone else. He is done now, but that doesn't mean that we all have to look for fault in everything he says.

Last edited by MerryJ99: 04-10-2010 at 07:14 PM.
MerryJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Goodbye Ethan. Giving him the C was a disatrous move in hindsight but when it happened it didn't seem like such a bad thing with all he had done with the oilers. Good luck and hopefully theres good things in his future.\

And yeah Philly I think he was talkign about more having fun with his linemates. Besides. Horcs and Pisani are the two longest serving oiler and he is likely good friends with them. Is it so bad to mention guys he has known for the last 7-8 years over a bunch of AHLers?

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:13 PM
hillbillypriest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryJ99 View Post
maybe because that is whose line he has played on for the last couple of games.....

his quote:

Do people just need to find a reason the **** on the man and hate him? The guy was a great player for us once upon a time, I won't forget that and neither should anyone else. He is done now, but that doesn't mean that we all have to look for fault in everything he says.
Exactly. Anyway, Moreau has shown some class after the trade deadline. It is hard to finish a string with the writing on the wall. Good on him.

hillbillypriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:

his quote:

Do people just need to find a reason to **** on the man and hate him? The guy was a great player for us once upon a time, I won't forget that and neither should anyone else. He is done now, but that doesn't mean that we all have to look for fault in everything he says.
Fair enough. The irony here is though that up until about a season and a half ago, I absolutely loved the guy. I wanted to get his name on the back of one of my throwback jerseys... I was always hoping and praying the guy would bounce back in any way, shape or form and he continued to deteriorate both on and off the ice. His commentary over the past 2 years has been tough to hear as a hardcore fan and proud Edmontonian, so many different things have really put me off of his character. For what it's worth I've met him at the bars a few times over the years and he actually remembered me once, not my name of course, but seemed like a nice dude who would have a beer and quick chat with you.

Old
04-10-2010, 07:23 PM
oilerfanatic

he knows he can't request a deal because nobody wants him.

oilerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:27 PM
MerryJ99

Quote:
Fair enough. The irony here is though that up until about a season and a half ago, I absolutely loved the guy. I wanted to get his name on the back of one of my throwback jerseys... I was always hoping and praying the guy would bounce back in any way, shape or form and he continued to deteriorate both on and off the ice. His commentary over the past 2 years has been tough to hear as a hardcore fan and proud Edmontonian, so many different things have really put me off of his character.
Yes but when you interpret everything negatively what would you expect. I know he says some stupid things but I am not sure he means exactly what some people and the media read into it. Take his comment in this article for example, I don't think he meant what you thought he did but I am sure you are not the only one to read into it and interpret it that way. People get so upset with him now that I think that some people just look for something to complain about when it comes to Moreau.

I do not hate the man, I just think his time is done as an Oiler and I wish him the best of luck if he is traded and with his future. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good as well.

MerryJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:38 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Yes but when you interpret everything negatively what would you expect. I know he says some stupid things but I am not sure he means exactly what some people and the media read into it. Take his comment in this article for example, I don't think he meant what you thought he did but I am sure you are not the only one to read into it and interpret it that way. People get so upset with him now that I think that some people just look for something to complain about when it comes to Moreau.

I do not hate the man, I just think his time is done as an Oiler and I wish him the best of luck if he is traded and with his future. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good as well.
Excellent post. Could not say it better. Will just say ditto.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:42 PM
John Hancock

Quote:

When I read that comment, while I didn't find it offensive in any way, I immediately knew it would be taken the wrong way by some Oilers fans. That's just the way it is around here.

-JH.

John Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:

If Moreau would take an off season course in public speaking, it would help him immensely. I've ragged on him for throwing players under the bus in the last couple of years, but in hindsight what he SAID vs. what he meant were probably two different things. Maybe he should end all of his interviews with "listen to what I mean, not what I say"

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:11 PM
jbean

I'm sure he'll be bought out, unless we can trade him for a 5th rounder or something.

jbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Tommy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Wrong, Moreau = no class. Sure he can make a nice little statement like that now when he pretty well knows he is gone. When other players left this team in the past he dumped all over them. (Salo, Pitkanen.)
There isn't any need for me to even read the article,., you basically summarized it all Beerfish., Feed him to the wolves

Tommy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

I agree what he said about Pitkanen was out of line but what did he say about Salo?

Old
04-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Oilers1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfanatic View Post
he knows he can't request a deal because nobody wants him.
If Brad May is still playing, then someone will definately pick up Moreau over the summer. He'd be very good on a fourth line in somewhere like Detroit or New Jersey.

I don't usually comment on, or even read, Moreau threads because I think the bias and negative slant from some fans is totally ridiculous. The guy played his heart out for a long time here, gave a ton back to the community, and was a big part of this team. The hate for him on this board is illogical and silly.

And BTW, Pitkanen deserved what Moreau gave him. In fact, I'm sure Ethan held back. Pitkanen was a gutless, useless coward when he was here.

Oilers1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers1 View Post
And BTW, Pitkanen deserved what Moreau gave him. In fact, I'm sure Ethan held back. Pitkanen was a gutless, useless coward when he was here.
So what? He's gone. Why call him out?

Old
04-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Oilers1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
So what? He's gone. Why call him out?
'call him out'? What is that? He didn't ask him to fight. He said he was useless, and that it was probably best that he got shipped out. He's telling the truth. Why do you care? Why does anyone? You guys are bashing one of the most dedicated guys to play here in the last ten years for critisizing one of the least dedicated guys to EVER play here? Does that make sense?

**** Pitkanen. Ethan Moreau earned the right to say whatever he wants about that guy in the city of Edmonton, IMO.

Oilers1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers1 View Post
'call him out'? What is that? He didn't ask him to fight. He said he was useless, and that it was probably best that he got shipped out. He's telling the truth. Why do you care? Why does anyone? You guys are bashing one of the most dedicated guys to play here in the last ten years for critisizing one of the least dedicated guys to EVER play here? Does that make sense?

**** Pitkanen. Ethan Moreau earned the right to say whatever he wants about that guy in the city of Edmonton, IMO.
First of all. I've already said in this thread that he was a good player for a long time but come on. He's been a good 3rd liner for a long time and that's it. "Earned the right"? Theres nothing to earn. It's just classless.

And also, I'd really like to know what Moreau said about Tommy Salo. It was mentioned earlier. I'm curious.