HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moreau = Class

Old
04-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePresent83 View Post
Moreau is an idiot.

But if your gunna call moreau classless after the contributions hes made to charaties and the community... you may proceed to your bathroom mirror and call what you see classless as well.
Read the whole post I made. What you saw quotes was edited. I said what he said about Pitkanen was classless.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 10:30 PM
ThePresent83

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
Read the whole post I made. What you saw quotes was edited. I said what he said about Pitkanen was classless.
My post was directed to the first post by beerfish. the simple moreau=no class one.

To tell you the truth i didnt even read most of the thread until after i posted.

Your posts were pretty clear, i also have issues with the way moreau has spoken to the media.

ThePresent83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilersGagner89 View Post
That's really good to hear I really liked Moreau in his younger days. It seems like every since he got the C he hasn't been the same player.
This. I remember in the '06 playoff run he was practically the heart and soul of the team. I miss that Chopper.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post

the argument here generally isnt' about how many goals he scores but that he himself hasn't always shown class.

but as he is the captain and is supposed to be a leader, it seems that he really hasn't led by example.

I used to be a big fan of his, now I'm sorry to say that I can't wait for him to be off the team.
+1 on all three points....

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 01:59 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Hall is not a checker. He doesn't have any NHL experience. Relying on rookies to win in NHL won't work.
Relying on Ethan Moreau to lead this team the last 4 years has got the Oilers how far?

The guy is done as an Oiler, yes he once was good but now he is an overpaid 4th line PKer who spends way too much time in the box due to stupid and selfish penalties. The guy is a poor example on and off the ice(comments to the media), and should be the first guy removed form the roster after the seaon.

Steve Staios was a good leader who played hard every night and gave all he had with his very limited skill set. If Tambo was willing to deal him to Calgary (great trade) then Moreau will be gone aswell if he is serious about doing a rebuild the right way.

Good on Moreau for trying for the last dozen games or so, it sure as hell doesnt cancel out the first 60 games of crap that he showed on the ice. Hopefully someone will have seen his highlights and offers to take his bad contract off our books.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 02:02 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
This. I remember in the '06 playoff run he was practically the heart and soul of the team. I miss that Chopper.
Jason Smith, Pronger, Peca, Roli, Pisani, Horcoff were the harts of that team. Moreau was good but you give him too much credit. And so did Lowe with his contract and the C

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 02:09 AM
kurtcobang

Moreau was awesome... Now he is the poster for what is wrong with the Oilers. He just doesnt take any responsibility for his poor play. I didnt expect 20 goals, but at the NHL level it shouldnt be too much to ask for EFFORT! If only every game was in California.. He would have 30 goals. Good riddance to the worst captain since Corson IMO

kurtcobang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 03:39 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50
Too many negative vibes here on Moreau. Let's just wait till he's traded and put it behind us. Moreau has given allot to the team and the community, so lay off and wish him good luck where ever he ends up going

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:14 AM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
he also mentioned he was only happy to have played with Pisani and Horcoff, mentioned no one else.
He also mentioned the two linemates that he was experiencing some success with down the stretch of the season.

It could have been player A and player B and the statement works, without being a sleight to the other players.

People hate Moreau so they take every comment to the worst. He likely had FUN down the stretch because he was finally able to start going again, and did it with Horcoff and Pisani on his line.

EDIT: After reading the entire thread: What Fury said.

Last edited by alanschu: 04-11-2010 at 05:21 AM.
alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:17 AM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
If Moreau would take an off season course in public speaking, it would help him immensely. I've ragged on him for throwing players under the bus in the last couple of years, but in hindsight what he SAID vs. what he meant were probably two different things. Maybe he should end all of his interviews with "listen to what I mean, not what I say"
I also think that what is said vs. how people want to interpret it is a big deal as well.

Moreau could say virtually anything, and people will take it negatively.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote