HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings v. Oilers - 04/10/10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
04-10-2010, 06:06 PM
backhander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengiant91 View Post
Lets call Tony Robbins, he helped Hrudey maybe he can help Quick! Where's Melrose when you need him
who has tony's #

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:07 PM
eleventy

eleventy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Once the goalie loses confidence, so does the entire team. We're starting to resemble the Cloutier-era Kings or the Labarbera-era Kings. I'm exaggerating but..

Obviously Bernier and Ersberg injected some heightened senses when they got the call. If Quickie can't make the big saves in game 1, I want to roll with Ersberg.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Jwm1986

Yes, Quick has been subpar....but remember, were not scoring goals....what was the stat, 13 out of 18 or something with less then 2 goals scored? its not like Quick is giving up 4 or 5 goals every game.... he should have won a few of these last games....

in my mind, and i speak for myself and whoever else agrees with me, is exactly what i brought up before, our coaching staff is ****ing up this team.... i just dont get what there doing....I look at the way other top teams structure their team and how they handle line changes and what not and we do the opposite..

i really feel like they dont want to hurt any players feeling or something....They talk about wanting Kopitar to show that hes a superstar player, yet they continue to treat him like he's just 1 out of 12 forwards....

Chicago, Washington, Pittsburgh, Detroit,.... all have star players....and guess what, its up to them to win these types of games for the team....crosby, ovechkin, kane, datsyuk, ect.... you better believe they are on the ice in overtime for at least half of it, if not more.....yet kopitar is on the ice in overtime for less then minute....i just dont get it....

do they really feel that for the kings to win it has to be a complete team where every player has the same worth? thats just not how it works, and untill they realize this, the same **** will happen

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
**** thiiiiiiiiis

we can still get the 5th spot, just gotta pray that Chicago can beat Detroit. Playing Vancouver wouldn't be bad either, I'd be able to watch all the games on TV
I want Vancouver too. Partially, for selfish reasons so I can watch all the games. But, also because the other night the Kings pounded them 8-3. Thus, showing Luongo is not the second coming of Patrick Roy like everyone seems to think. Also, since he actually played during the Olympics, as the series wears on I think he will become tired. Lastly, he has always been a reliable regular season goalie, but nothing special come playoff time. The Kings could beat the Canucks.

I'm not sure the Kings could get to the second round against the majority of the teams ahead of them otherwise. Then again, I'm hoping I'm wrong. They did do this in 2002 when everyone figured it would be a quick exit and they nearly beat the eventual Cup champs. So as long as the Kings can end the season on a high note tomorrow against the Avs, what happened in the regular season is largely inconsequential.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:13 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach View Post
Why else would he not let Kopi shoot then?

Like I said he either thought Smyth had a better chance at scoring or he hates zombies.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Orenji

This is all part of Quick's plan. He doesn't wanna play Phoenix. He wants Vancouver.

What a sneaky devil.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:20 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
This is all part of Quick's plan. He doesn't wanna play Phoenix. He wants Vancouver.

What a sneaky devil.
Why? so he could fail even more? Again, Quick, you need to buck up and step down now. Take one for the team or be selfish and run your team out. You have a kid and it is affecting you, you know it is.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:22 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

You can't be that disappointed with the team as a whole. They played incredible and we completely dominated the Oilers. Quick **** the bed once again with that short handed goal (can't fault him for the first two) and the shootout. Murray is...well, Murray, I guess. Shootout choices were bizarre.

We have to count on Chicago beating Detroit and us beating Colorado to get fifth. Otherwise, it looks like we're playing Vancouver first round.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Tadite

It doesn't matter who the shooters are if the goalie can't make a single stop.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:27 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
You can't be that disappointed with the team as a whole. They played incredible and we completely dominated the Oilers. Quick **** the bed once again with that short handed goal (can't fault him for the first two) and the shootout. Murray is...well, Murray, I guess. Shootout choices were bizarre.

We have to count on Chicago beating Detroit and us beating Colorado to get fifth. Otherwise, it looks like we're playing Vancouver first round.
I agree with you every bit. The Kings dominated today as it was expected. Dubnyk reminds me of whom..? Some guy who played amazing for us in the beginning of the year...Hm..Oh yes, this guy stole some games too. Oh yeah, it's Jonathan Quick! the Kings players played great today.. Other than the fact that they couldn't bury as many chances as they should've...

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:28 PM
bcking

Quick once again shows why he is not even in the top 20 in save %

bcking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Orenji

I'm also scared of letting Slang making any more GDT's this year. His record is matching Quick's.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Why can't he send a message to Jones, Symth, or Quick? Does it keep on getting lost in translation? That's a stupid move by TM.
This.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:37 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Jones missed an assignment, An "own goal" and a softie shorthanded.

Kings should have scored 6 with 54 shots.

Vancouver here we come.

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:38 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Not that I change my opinion of the reasons for the last several losses, but this one really was on Quick.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:43 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Jones missed an assignment, An "own goal" and a softie shorthanded.

Kings should have scored 6 with 54 shots.

Vancouver here we come.
You are correct, but the difference here is that 6 goals or 3, the Kings played well enough to win and Quick did not. This is the game where you can't let a softie in like that in the 3rd, regardless of how many goals we should have scored.

The first two were not on Quick at all, but as badly as Jones is to blame for the 1st gaa as Quick is for the 3rd, the first one happened in the first period with pleanty of time left to turn the game in our favor. Quick was lucky the team rallied as quickly as they did to tie it.

That said, **** Murray for how he handle that overtime. OT is all on Murray, and the shootout, well I don't give two ***** about the shootout anymore until October.

Old
04-10-2010, 06:45 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Also, I don't buy 54 shots for a second. I watched as the shot total ticked up for shots the were blocked right in front of Dubnyk. 45 tops.

Old
04-10-2010, 06:50 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I love JQ, but he could have been better today.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 06:50 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Not that I change my opinion of the reasons for the last several losses, but this one really was on Quick.
I don't disagree, but it should have been a non-issue given how the Kings dominated. They should have had plenty of goals to easily handle the glaring shorthanded gaffe.

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:01 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I don't disagree, but it should have been a non-issue given how the Kings dominated. They should have had plenty of goals to easily handle the glaring shorthanded gaffe.
Shoulda woulda coulda.

At some point the hammer has to come down on somebody and today it hits Quick in the face.

Old
04-10-2010, 07:02 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
You are correct, but the difference here is that 6 goals or 3, the Kings played well enough to win and Quick did not. This is the game where you can't let a softie in like that in the 3rd, regardless of how many goals we should have scored.

The first two were not on Quick at all, but as badly as Jones is to blame for the 1st gaa as Quick is for the 3rd, the first one happened in the first period with pleanty of time left to turn the game in our favor. Quick was lucky the team rallied as quickly as they did to tie it.

That said, **** Murray for how he handle that overtime. OT is all on Murray, and the shootout, well I don't give two ***** about the shootout anymore until October.
Kopitars line didn't get out there until the 3:17 mark of the OT and went off at 2:30.
He didn't see the ice again until the final 10 seconds when he lost the faceoff and the game ended.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:03 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Sigh...well maybe I will run into Quick tonight here in Denver and give him a better talk than Ranford did.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

You would think Quick gave up 8 goals like Luongo just did against the Kings, with the way people are talking about him here.

Shootouts are no more in the playoffs (thank god -- I'm so sick of shootouts) so I'm not really concerned about that. Was Quick really all that bad when you take away the damn shootout?

I'm not trying to make excuses, but I have seen worse softies than surprising knuckleballs or deflections off your own defenseman.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:11 PM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

04/10/10 - Post Game - Kings

Kings Vision brings you player interviews. Quick, Brown and Coach Murray of the Kings spoke with the media following the game on 04/10/10.

Click HERE to watch!
__________________________________________________ ____
04/10/10 - Post Game - Oilers

Kings Vision brings you player interviews. Horcoff, Dubnyk and Coach Quinn of the Kings spoke with the media following the game on 04/10/10.

Click HERE to watch!

KingsVision is offline   Reply With Quote