HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Price of Quality Forwards.

Old
04-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Kesselisboss

vCash: 500
The Price of Quality Forwards.

Imo we (burke) has two major options this summer...cheaper forwards or expensive forwards...

The cheaper forwards, i am talking about fowards that are young ang have good potential to be great. A few guys i think we could try to pull out of teams at a cheaper price would be:

Kyle Turris
Kyle Okposo
Dustin Byfuglien
Kris Vertsteeg
Zach Boychuck
Carter Ashton
Mason Raymond

Personally i think that if we could pull two of the forwards on to our team next year i would be extatic...particularely kyle turris...change of scenary would do great things for him imo. These fowards could probably be got with some prospects and late picks for them.

Now there are some more expensive fowards that could be availible we could try to get, these would all have an immeadiete impact and could be great but could cost the more important peices to this team (what team? )

Bobby Ryan
James Van Reimsdyk
Patrice Bergeron
Brad Richards
Brayden Schenn
Mikko Koivu
Jordan Staal
Nathan Horton
James Neal
Paul Statsny
Jeff Carter

All of these players would cost us a large package that obviously would include our biggest trading chip in Kaberle and possibly Schenn. All great players but costly. Personally I would give up almost anything to get MIKE richards....but he wont leave, his contract is amazing.

If we could get Kyle turris, JVR and Byf, I would say we have a great core to build around....anyone agree? anyone think im not insane?....probably not

Bottom line is if you get some of the cheaper players they still may very well cost you alot. With a team that has very very little assets such as us...excited to see what buke can pull off.

Kesselisboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:39 PM
XO

quite curious what ur gonna pay for them..

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Tequila Stud

Interesting post. I think Turris is a sure fire no go for us; given he is a highly touted prospect still trying to develop his game. I can't see anyone giving up on him yet.

I would like to see us make a pitch for Patrick Sharp, among others. The draft this year is going to hurt, but I'm excited to see what Burkie does this off season.

Tequila Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:40 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
i'm pretty sure this is being discussed already.

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Kesselisboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequila Stud View Post
Interesting post. I think Turris is a sure fire no go for us; given he is a highly touted prospect still trying to develop his game. I can't see anyone giving up on him yet.

I would like to see us make a pitch for Patrick Sharp, among others. The draft this year is going to hurt, but I'm excited to see what Burkie does this off season.
I think he will either make a deal at the draaft or try to get a reasonably high pick so toronto fans dont try to actually killl him... lol

Old
04-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Charlie Sheen Swag

I hope we get Patrick Sharp and I think its possible this year

Kulemin - Sharp - Kessel
Stahlberg(sp) - Bozak - Grabo

At least this way bozak can develop

Charlie Sheen Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Kesselisboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkaythatsPhaneuf View Post
I hope we get Patrick Sharp and I think its possible this year

Kulemin - Sharp - Kessel
Stahlberg(sp) - Bozak - Grabo

At least this way bozak can develop
Sharp is a left wing? he player a while as center for IR but...hes a winger. and i really doubt theyd start him as our first line center if that isnt even his natural position.

Old
04-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Dutch Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselisboss View Post
Imo we (burke) has.... A few guys i think we could try to pull out of teams at a cheaper price would be:

Kyle Turris
Kyle Okposo
Dustin Byfuglien
Kris Vertsteeg
Zach Boychuck
Carter Ashton
Mason Raymond

Personally i think that if we could pull two of the forwards on to our team next year i would be extatic...

Bobby Ryan
James Van Reimsdyk
Patrice Bergeron
Brad Richards

Brayden Schenn
Mikko Koivu
Jordan Staal
Nathan Horton
James Neal
Paul Statsny
Jeff Carter

All of these players would cost us a large package that obviously....

I'd be surprised if such players in bold are valued among others.... Okposo's value to NYI is huge. Raymond won't be let lightly, though could be replaced by Grabner... Bergeron and Richards don't hold much value, especially since they are both UFA next year I believe... no one will splash for Horton/Koivu and Neal is among a plethora of young, expensive left-wingers in Dallas...

I think we'd have a chance and interest in Byfuglien, actually I don't think he'll cost much at all.. I don't see anybody of the second group moving other than Neal, which I think we do have the assets for and Dallas the interest to move...

Dutch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 10:15 PM
A.J. ¹

Quote:
Sharp is a left wing? he player a while as center for IR but...hes a winger. and i really doubt theyd start him as our first line center if that isnt even his natural position.
I'm pretty sure Sharp's natural position is Centre, but he's played mostly the LW since being in Chicago.

A.J. ¹ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 11:34 PM
EternallyLeafs
doris

Off that list, the three I want most are: Jordan Staal, Bobby Ryan or Kris Versteeg.

EternallyLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Kesselisboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternallyLeafs View Post
Off that list, the three I want most are: Jordan Staal, Bobby Ryan or Kris Versteeg.
Sounds like a plan lets get all three hahahahahaha

Old
04-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Kesselisboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Dreams View Post
I'd be surprised if such players in bold are valued among others.... Okposo's value to NYI is huge. Raymond won't be let lightly, though could be replaced by Grabner... Bergeron and Richards don't hold much value, especially since they are both UFA next year I believe... no one will splash for Horton/Koivu and Neal is among a plethora of young, expensive left-wingers in Dallas...

I think we'd have a chance and interest in Byfuglien, actually I don't think he'll cost much at all.. I don't see anybody of the second group moving other than Neal, which I think we do have the assets for and Dallas the interest to move...
I dunno if you check the Vancouver boards they think they have to get rid of him because they wont be able to afford him soon.

Old
04-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Smif

How bout Bryan Little? He's had an off year, might be able to acquire him.

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Kesselisboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
How bout Bryan Little? He's had an off year, might be able to acquire him.
Id like that...not sure if hes availible though, they done really have an offence, or a defence....yet they are better than us? great. I think hed be a fantastic addition if you could get him cheap.

Old
04-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Stephen

I'm kind of tired of seeing the regular names thrown around, so I'm going to suggest a few others as potentially interesting forwards I haven't seen a lot of in discussions:

Tuomo Ruutu
Mikko Koivu
Brad Richards
Tomas Fleischmann
Alexander Semin
Nikolai Zherdev
Alexander Radulov
Gilbert Brule
Joe Thornton (if San Jose chokes again)
Martin Havlat

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Imo we (burke) has two major options this summer...cheaper forwards or expensive forwards...

The cheaper forwards, i am talking about fowards that are young ang have good potential to be great. A few guys i think we could try to pull out of teams at a cheaper price would be:

Kyle Turris
Kyle Okposo

Dustin Byfuglien
Kris Vertsteeg
Zach Boychuck
Carter Ashton
Mason Raymond

Personally i think that if we could pull two of the forwards on to our team next year i would be extatic...particularely kyle turris...change of scenary would do great things for him imo. These fowards could probably be got with some prospects and late picks for them.

Now there are some more expensive fowards that could be availible we could try to get, these would all have an immeadiete impact and could be great but could cost the more important peices to this team (what team? )

Bobby Ryan
James Van Reimsdyk
Patrice Bergeron
Brad Richards
Brayden Schenn
Mikko Koivu
Jordan Staal
Nathan Horton
James Neal
Paul Statsny
Jeff Carter

All of these players would cost us a large package that obviously would include our biggest trading chip in Kaberle and possibly Schenn. All great players but costly. Personally I would give up almost anything to get MIKE richards....but he wont leave, his contract is amazing.

If we could get Kyle turris, JVR and Byf, I would say we have a great core to build around....anyone agree? anyone think im not insane?....probably not

Bottom line is if you get some of the cheaper players they still may very well cost you alot. With a team that has very very little assets such as us...excited to see what buke can pull off.
i like it

Rockinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Kesselisboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
i like it
Those players on the leafs? lol

Old
04-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:

Kyle Turris
Kyle Okposo
Dustin Byfuglien
Kris Vertsteeg
Zach Boychuck
Carter Ashton
Mason Raymond

Bobby Ryan
James Van Reimsdyk
Patrice Bergeron
Brad Richards
Brayden Schenn
Mikko Koivu
Jordan Staal
Nathan Horton
James Neal
Paul Statsny
Jeff Carter

This could be possible. I mean Penguins already have 2 of arguabley the best centers in the entire league and spending around 4 million a season for staal being on the third line is a bit steep. So i would say definitly possible, but i think we would go for the playmaker type of center like Stastny, or mentioned above Thorton(that would be the greatest) Getting Thorton passing the Puck to Phill would just be amazing. I'm sorry you just got me really excited for somthing that might not ever happen.

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Kesselisboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
This could be possible. I mean Penguins already have 2 of arguabley the best centers in the entire league and spending around 4 million a season for staal being on the third line is a bit steep. So i would say definitly possible, but i think we would go for the playmaker type of center like Stastny, or mentioned above Thorton(that would be the greatest) Getting Thorton passing the Puck to Phill would just be amazing. I'm sorry you just got me really excited for somthing that might not ever happen.
Staal imo is more possible than Statsny. And although Jumbo Jo is great....id rather have young players who we could build a franchise around not a superskilled player who we will have to replace as soon as our other guys are getting really good.

Old
04-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Dutch Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm kind of tired of seeing the regular names thrown around, so I'm going to suggest a few others as potentially interesting forwards I haven't seen a lot of in discussions:

Tuomo Ruutu
Mikko Koivu
Brad Richards
Tomas Fleischmann
Alexander Semin
Nikolai Zherdev
Alexander Radulov
Gilbert Brule
Joe Thornton (if San Jose chokes again)
Martin Havlat
I don't know. You see I think that's quite a standard list... all those names have been mentioned one while or another...

Ruutu- may be available, injury prone, undisciplined, just a few years left on reasonable cap hit (around 4 million... can't see him as any sort of upgrade though - especially for what seems to be available from us (Kaberle...
Koivu- is needed on Minny much more than ever as a producer with Marc Bouchard out..
Zherdev/Radulov? If Barry Bonds' leather recliner ever goes on auction let's buy it up and put it right in the middle of the locker room for these guys...
Havlat- second tier winger just signed
Semin- Will be in his extension year next season, probably walk as UFA
Fleischmann(Kulemin)
Richards- Dallas has got no top-tier center to replace him, if there is to be a trade another center would have to come back (Kadri; too much)))
Thornton? Doesn't make sense of a rebuilding team...
Brule? Small, more suited as a winger - injury prone, not much of an upgrade on anyone...

Somebody mentioned Raymond before, and I thought he is definitely a lock for Vancouver, having said that I actually like Grabner more, and he looks just as offensively capable, also - most importantly, he's still on an entry-level next year which sounds important in light of the comment about fitting him under the cap??

How much would you guys offer a guy like that?? He's RFA - current compensation of up to 3 million which would be about his worth, is only a second-round pick...

What do you guys think of Eller?

Old
04-11-2010, 12:56 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:

Kyle Turris
Kyle Okposo
Dustin Byfuglien
Kris Vertsteeg
Zach Boychuck
Carter Ashton
Mason Raymond

Bobby Ryan
James Van Reimsdyk
Patrice Bergeron
Brad Richards
Brayden Schenn
Mikko Koivu
Jordan Staal
Nathan Horton
James Neal
Paul Statsny
Jeff Carter

IF the LEafs aren't targeting the guys on the second list they are wasting their time.

Forget top 6 we need atleast one more bonafide 1st line player.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 2050
I never knew Bergeron was a UFA next year..

Anyone think he leaves Boston?

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 01:14 AM
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post

I'd rather keep Grabovski... and that's saying something.

NikolaiTesla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 2050
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailStefanovich View Post
I'd rather keep Grabovski... and that's saying something.
Grabovski over Patrice Bergeron?

Really, why?

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Dutch Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post

I think he may not have a choice. Krejci is on contract for a year longer than him and is RFA, so Boston may have to choose between them - and their winger problem may have intensified by then.

Also, if the guy continues to play like he's done this year, his value should make him quite the commodity as a UFA and a larger role may await him on another team....

I think he walks as UFA next summer, as Boston will probably keep him for likely another playoff run but won't re-sign him due to cap restraints and persistent lack of scoring...