HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daniel Sedin...Art Ross Trophy winner?

Old
04-11-2010, 02:47 PM
OilerNut*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Except you forgot to factor in Ovechkin actually played the same amount of total minutes this season as Henrik Sedin. You also didn't factor in Ovechkin plays over 5:00 a game on the PP to Henrik's less than 3:30 minutes with the man advantage.

Sure doesn't hurt playing with Backstrom, Semin and Mike Green either.

Didn't help Henrik's cause any that his twin brother missed a quarter of the season...

Let's not even get into the fact the best team in Washington's division had a -22 goal differential and missed the playoffs. Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Florida are all brutal teams. Doesn't hurt playing 24 games against those 4 weak sisters of the NHL...

Add it all up and there's more to it than Ovie missing 7 games to injury.
You're right Henrik Sedin is the best player in the NHL and it isn't even close.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
You're right Henrik Sedin is the best player in the NHL and it isn't even close.

What part of my post didn't you agree with?

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 02:51 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
ya, some people just don't belong on the trophy and H sedin is one of them. I have always thought both are great player and have gone on record as saying they are underated in the past. However they just don't belong winning the scoring race, something is just very wrong about that.

I think they had massive career years a long with a great deal of the nucks. They will return to earth next year.
As difficult as it is for some Oiler fans to digest the Sedins are elite players. Thay have both been point a game players for a few years now the difference this year is that the Canucks have much better offensive depth to surround the Sedins with.

The Canucks are as solid as any team in the Western Conference....I expect the Sedins to flourish in the playoffs because of the offensive depth the team has.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 02:54 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Weren't people comparing Henrik to Horcoff not too long ago and claiming that Horcoff was the better player?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Cwad the Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
ya, some people just don't belong on the trophy and H sedin is one of them. I have always thought both are great player and have gone on record as saying they are underated in the past. However they just don't belong winning the scoring race, something is just very wrong about that.

I think they had massive career years a long with a great deal of the nucks. They will return to earth next year.
This is absolute nonsense Imho. Henrik doesn't belong on the trophy? The guy has outscored every other player in the league. What other qualification is there? Love him or hate him he belongs on that trophy. I don't care if OV missed bunch of games. Since when is the trophy decided by points per game? Plus it isn't like Henrik won by some fluke with a substandard season. He's got 110+ points.

Cwad the Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Rob Zepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
"Henrik Sedin, Art Ross trophy winner". Sounds like, "Tom Candiotti, Cy Young Winner" or "Kanye West, Nobel prize winner." And that's just not right.

Go Ovie Go. Don't allow one of the children of the corn to tarnish NHL history.
Get used to it, unfortunately, as you may also have to try it with "Henrik Sedin, Hart Trophyy Winner" and "Henrik Sedin, Conn Smythe Trophy Winner".

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 03:05 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Zepp View Post
Get used to it, unfortunately, as you may also have to try it with "Henrik Sedin, Hart Trophyy Winner" and "Henrik Sedin, Conn Smythe Trophy Winner".
why do Vancouver fans always assume they are going to win the cup?

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Vagabond

Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Weren't people comparing Henrik to Horcoff not too long ago and claiming that Horcoff was the better player?
I must have amnesia.. I cannot remember that discussion.. but keep talking, I'm having a good time with it.

Who wants to do the deed and dig up the good ol' dirt ?

Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Section337
HFBoards Sponsor

Washington sure does play Ovechkin a crap-ton.

Ovechkin - 1,569:25 total minutes
Sedin - 1,614:24 total minutes

Section337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Rob Zepp

Quote:
I am not specifically a "Vancouver Fan" and I don't assume any team will win the cup. There are 16 teams able to compete starting next week and they are in the upper half of those for sure.

I am just personally amused at all the Sedin bashers over the years who have not seen now elite these players are. It is almost as if all that karma is coming back in bunches. If the Canucks do win the Stanley Cup this year, it would not surprise me to see Henrik Sedin as the Conn Smythe Winner.

Anyway, if any team "assumes" they are going to win the cup rest assured they won't. The only guarantee seems to be whichever team has Marian Hossa, now that team is assured to not win the cup.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
why not? let them, they're the fans and it's their team, they're in the Playoffs in a decent seeding.

To say Henrik Sedin isn't "worthy" of having his name on the trophy is one of the dumbest things I've ever red.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Vagabond

Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
why not? let them, they're the fans and it's their team, they're in the Playoffs in a decent seeding.

To say Henrik Sedin isn't "worthy" of having his name on the trophy is one of the dumbest things I've ever red.
Quit bringing in other perspectives to the discussion, some people only understand their own.

Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Tarot Sport*

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto84 View Post
I agree. This is definitely going to be his career year and that's about it. It's like Thomas last year.
Save for the minor details of the Sedins being 29, and Thomas being 35. Oh and Thomas being a goaltender.

5 years of the Sedins
+ 6 years of Kesler
+ 4 years of Burrows
+ 12 years of Luongo
+ Hodgson
------------------------
the next dynasty

Tarot Sport* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 04:23 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarot Sport View Post
Save for the minor details of the Sedins being 29, and Thomas being 35. Oh and Thomas being a goaltender.

5 years of the Sedins
+ 6 years of Kesler
+ 4 years of Burrows
+ 12 years of Luongo
+ Hodgson
------------------------
the next dynasty
Trust me...if Henrick wasn't a Canuck then there would be no issue on this board with him winning the Art Ross.

He is a hell of a player with an elite work ethic and deserves any accolades that comes his way.

Having said that, the dynasty part is a little irrational and kind of blows your credibility all to hell.

Old
04-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Tarot Sport*

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Trust me...if Henrick wasn't a Canuck then there would be no issue on this board with him winning the Art Ross.

He is a hell of a player with an elite work ethic and deserves any accolades that comes his way.

Having said that, the dynasty part is a little irrational and kind of blows your credibility all to hell.
A little tongue in cheek. Maybe if you guys ever let us into your Stanley Cup club, we'd be friendlier. Cheer for us! We're a fun team.

Tarot Sport* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Lounge Act*

Lounge Act* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 04:46 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarot Sport View Post
A little tongue in cheek. Maybe if you guys ever let us into your Stanley Cup club, we'd be friendlier. Cheer for us! We're a fun team.
The club is earned and to date the Canucks have accomplished nothing.
This year they have a hell of a team though and have as good as chance as San Jose or Chicago to represent the West.

Having said that they are a rival and recognizing that they have a solid team and cheering for them are 2 different things.
I cannot and will not ever cheer for the Flames or the Canucks unless at some point I am curious to know what it feels like to be cheap and dirty.

Old
04-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Antidote

Actually, Crosby has 3 pts so far still in the 1st.

Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Antidote

4 now, early second. Sid needs 4 more. He couldn't.......could he?

Old
04-11-2010, 05:17 PM
mpah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by antidote View Post
4 now, early second. Sid needs 4 more. He couldn't.......could he?
let's hope so

GO SID!!!!!!

mpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Holy **** Crosby is beasting right now, even though it is just the Islanders. The kid is such an awesome player to watch, I used to have a strong disliking for him early on but I've done a complete 180, Sid is as bulletproof as they come for me. He should claim the Hart this year IMO, he's been the single most valuable player to his team - yes, more so than Miller, let him take the Vezina.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Antidote

Now 5 points just past the half way point. 3 more to go!

Old
04-11-2010, 07:01 PM
discordant concord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
I must have amnesia.. I cannot remember that discussion.. but keep talking, I'm having a good time with it.

Who wants to do the deed and dig up the good ol' dirt ?
Obviously this thread was intended to be a joke...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...=sedin+horcoff

discordant concord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

I get the bias some people have for success by a rival team and player. But to say Henrick Sedin is not worthy of the Art Ross is just a rediculous comment to make. The guy has had an amazing season pushing new career marks coming off a new contract. The twins are not complacent and winning the league's scoring is a tribute to their perseverence, hard work, and ability.

Full marks for a fantastic season. The Sedin brothers added icing on the cake Saturday night by completely schooling a completely shellshocked Flamers team.

Behind Enemy Lines is offline   Reply With Quote