HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do we resign for next season?

Old
03-14-2010, 07:17 AM
Gudbranson44

vCash: 500
Who do we resign for next season?

List of UFAs in july:
OFFENCE
Weller, Craig 28 FLA $600,000
MacIntyre, Steve 29 FLA $537,500
Johnson, Jamie 27 FLA $500,000
DEFENCE
Fitzpatrick, Rory 34 FLA $500,000

RFAs
OFFENCE
Sweetland, Andrew 23 FLA $1,030,000
McArdle, Kenndal 22 FLA $850,000
Campbell, Greg 25 FLA $762,500
Kreps, Kamil 25 FLA $682,500
Collins, Dan 22 FLA $628,333
Duco, Mike 22 FLA $546,666
Tarnasky, Nick 25 FLA $525,000
Brine, David 24 FLA $522,500
DEFENCE
Garrison, Jason 25 FLA $1,077,500
Beaverson, Luke 24 FLA $570,000
Aston, Peter 23 FLA $551,666
Henry, Jordan 23 FLA $542,333

So who do you reckon deserves to stay with us for next season?

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
List of UFAs in july:
OFFENCE
Weller, Craig 28 FLA $600,000
MacIntyre, Steve 29 FLA $537,500
Johnson, Jamie 27 FLA $500,000
DEFENCE
Fitzpatrick, Rory 34 FLA $500,000

RFAs
OFFENCE
Sweetland, Andrew 23 FLA $1,030,000
Kreps, Kamil 25 FLA $682,500
Collins, Dan 22 FLA $628,333
Tarnasky, Nick 25 FLA $525,000
Brine, David 24 FLA $522,500
DEFENCE
Beaverson, Luke 24 FLA $570,000
Aston, Peter 23 FLA $551,666
Henry, Jordan 23 FLA $542,333

So who do you reckon deserves to stay with us for next season?
Id say re-sign MacIntyre, Johnson, McArdle, Campbell, Duco and Garrison.

The rest, try to trade their rights for whatever they can fetch, 7th round picks i dont care. just dont re-sign any of them

Old
03-14-2010, 09:37 AM
panthersfan751

The only ones I definitely want resigned are McArdle, Duco, and Garrison. Most of the others are largely depth, so I don't care much. With Kreps and Campbell, I don't think I want them to stay at the price it will take to resign them.

We'll also need to plan for FA and keep salary open.

I also think we should start planning some for next offseason with Frolik, Matthias, Repik, and Ellerby all RFA after 2010-11.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
RFAs
OFFENCE

DEFENCE

Those are IMO the only ones that really stand out. Ofcourse we need to fill out our farm team too.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I would say peace to Campbell. He doesn't fit on the wing and I think we can find a 4th line center for cheaper elsewhere. However, since he's PDB's boy, I doubt it will happen.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:40 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

I'm with whoisournextbure and mogo (I've given up on the Mac situation, but I still stand by him, dunno anything about Johnson though)

Campbell takes his punishment for under a million dollars??? ...and Ratty and Panthersfan wanna to get rid of him?
...Campbell's stat sheet may be thin, but much of what he does gets no statistical credit. (Much larger example- Holmstrom deserves like 300 more points than ever given credit for because one doesn't get the assist for screening)
From the offensive side, maybe they should stick HIM in front for the screen since he's not afraid of a flying puck.

Any chance we can trade status, like turn Olesz into a UFA and Mac into a millionaire with as much playing time?? lol No Laus, I'm not serious.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:40 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

namedroppinggoalie27

Old
03-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
I'm with whoisournextbure and mogo (I've given up on the Mac situation, but I still stand by him, dunno anything about Johnson though)

Campbell takes his punishment for under a million dollars??? ...and Ratty and Panthersfan wanna to get rid of him?
...Campbell's stat sheet may be thin, but much of what he does gets no statistical credit. (Much larger example- Holmstrom deserves like 300 more points than ever given credit for because one doesn't get the assist for screening)
From the offensive side, maybe they should stick HIM in front for the screen since he's not afraid of a flying puck.

Any chance we can trade status, like turn Olesz into a UFA and Mac into a millionaire with as much playing time?? lol No Laus, I'm not serious.
Campbell's role can be filled so easy round the NHL it's not even funny -- and for cheaper. Just because the Panthers don't have a lot of guys like him doesn't mean they aren't a dime a dozen.

He's a causality of numbers. He sucks at wing and we've got Weiss, Reino and Matthias all playing center better than him right now.

I for one want to let a few contracts go this offseason for two reasons:

1) Let some rookies in
2) Sign some legitimate talent. Not this crap we have on our team. See: Campbell, Gregory

Old
03-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Gudbranson44

i just wanna say that andrew sweetland's agent must be a frikkin genious! the guy barely gets any icetime in the AHL, and his contract is the second most expensive out of those players... geez louise!

Old
03-15-2010, 09:46 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Campbell's role can be filled so easy round the NHL it's not even funny -- and for cheaper. Just because the Panthers don't have a lot of guys like him doesn't mean they aren't a dime a dozen.

He's a causality of numbers. He sucks at wing and we've got Weiss, Reino and Matthias all playing center better than him right now.

I for one want to let a few contracts go this offseason for two reasons:

1) Let some rookies in
2) Sign some legitimate talent. Not this crap we have on our team. See: Campbell, Gregory
No.
-Campbell is one of the best PKers I have ever seen. His consistentfearlessness doesn't take a night off or he looks like what you say he does and then loses his job.
-Anyone else that does his job in those respects are NOT paid more...name one?
-Reinprecht and Weiss are not close to being as defensive..

(Not directly to ratty necessarily) I get the impression that offensive stats sheets are all some look at to judge who's playing good. From what I see, not read the next day, Campbell does his job....OTHERWISE A GUY LIKE CAMPBELL WOULDN'T BE IN THE LEAGUE MUCH LESS PAID OVER THE LEAGUE MINIMUM.

Like this, he's a center....what sense does it make talking position switch to wing? If anything, it would make more sense to put him back at D and like McCabe up to F.

People overall look at Greg Campbell wrong, I say this because I saw him in the same light that most here do until I paid closer attention his D side.

Old
03-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
i just wanna say that andrew sweetland's agent must be a frikkin genious! the guy barely gets any icetime in the AHL, and his contract is the second most expensive out of those players... geez louise!
Man, good find! Good lord, he's making more than 2/3 of the NHL roster!! That's a sure fire cut if I've ever seen one.

Old
03-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
No.
-Campbell is one of the best PKers I have ever seen. His consistentfearlessness doesn't take a night off or he looks like what you say he does and then loses his job.
-Anyone else that does his job in those respects are NOT paid more...name one?
-Reinprecht and Weiss are not close to being as defensive..

(Not directly to ratty necessarily) I get the impression that offensive stats sheets are all some look at to judge who's playing good. From what I see, not read the next day, Campbell does his job....OTHERWISE A GUY LIKE CAMPBELL WOULDN'T BE IN THE LEAGUE MUCH LESS PAID OVER THE LEAGUE MINIMUM.

Like this, he's a center....what sense does it make talking position switch to wing? If anything, it would make more sense to put him back at D and like McCabe up to F.

People overall look at Greg Campbell wrong, I say this because I saw him in the same light that most here do until I paid closer attention his D side.
Sorry, Weiss is just as good defensively as Campbell, if not better. You're talking about a guy who has never been a plus player in his NHL career as if he is a defensive mastermind, jesus man, get over him.

I do agree that he's only affective at center, but were not getting rid of Weiss, Reino or Matthias and he makes too much for the 4th line center job. That in itself should answer the question.

Old
03-15-2010, 10:15 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Sorry, Weiss is just as good defensively as Campbell, if not better. You're talking about a guy who has never been a plus player in his NHL career as if he is a defensive mastermind, jesus man, get over him.

I do agree that he's only affective at center, but were not getting rid of Weiss, Reino or Matthias and he makes too much for the 4th line center job. That in itself should answer the question.
Good argument, but IMO he makes about as much as a good 4th line C (and he is) should make.
...and again to look at his +/- furthers my stand against stat watching because
a)a lot of his importance is on the PK (remember +/- doesn't apply)
b) If +/- were to be considered again Campbell, think of who was playing DEFENSE or who were his linemates? Think of whether or not it was Campbell that caused the minus? or just the fact that the minus is on paper regardless of how it got there?
(This might turn into the "Brodeur being the best stat wise only" argument lol)
...and I'm not talking about him as he is a defensive mastermind. If that were the case, I'd be saying stick him on the top line and pay him a million more. I'm simply saying he's a perfect checkline C at his price and appearance of gameplay.
I'll get over him if he ever stops doing his job.

Old
03-15-2010, 10:18 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

...and WHO on this team is making too much???????????????
SURE AS HELL ISN'T GREG CAMPBELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
ESPECIALLY ON THE RATIO OF DOLLAR AMOUNT TO AMOUNT OF HEART AND LEG MOVEMENT!!!!!

....who in the bloody f**king hell is Andrew Sweetland????????????????????????????????

Old
03-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Quote:
...and WHO on this team is making too much???????????????
SURE AS HELL ISN'T GREG CAMPBELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
ESPECIALLY ON THE RATIO OF DOLLAR AMOUNT TO AMOUNT OF HEART AND LEG MOVEMENT!!!!!

....who in the bloody f**king hell is Andrew Sweetland????????????????????????????????
Agree. I couldn't believe someone said Campbell makes too much for his role. He makes a tad over the league minimum. If we can get him signed for the same price it's a steal. Sure he hasn't been anywhere near what he was last season but he's our best shot blocking forward, good defensively, heart and soul kinda player which we need more. I think he's just having a off season. He'll be back next year!

Sweetland contract is bananas. Garrison 1M$+ too? WTF

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 11:35 AM
ShootIt

800 salary hit, 762k cap hit.

Greg is not overpaid at all.

If we can resign him for somewhere from 1-1.5 mil I would be ok with it.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:36 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post

Given his production, or lack of it, offensively this year, I dont see him getting more than $1 million.

I think McArdle, Duco, Garrison, and Soupy are the ones re-signed. What we need to do is try and work out something for Olesz. That is the main culprit of our cap. Stillman I can live with since next season is his last, and he can actually contribute, unlike Olesz. We need to rid ourselves of Olesz and Clemmensen, and get ourselves situated for the season after next, where we should have cap space to make some serious acquisitions.

This team needs to add two top six forwards, and at least one Dman in the offseason. The way we are situated cap wise, its going to be hard to do that via signings. I dont see us filling all those holes up with players we want to brought in, and we might have to wait it out till the season after next. But going by what management says, I expect them to be aggressive this offseason.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:48 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post

2 goals in 57 games isn't getting it done. You guys can say scoring isn't his job, but unless you're an enforcer, a forward should be able to get at least 5 goals. If he stays on this team, it should be as a 4th line center and to add toughness.

For 900K, I'd resign him. But if he wants 1M or more, I don't think we should sign him.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Rattrick

My issue with Campbell isn't so much his salary, even though I promise we can find cheaper guys for the fourth line, as much as it is that I want his roster spot.

Guys, we've got a FULL roster right now and only Campbell, Kreps, Tarnasky and McArdle who have played any decent amount of time at the NHL level this year coming up for renewal next year. Please, dear god tell me where we are going to free up ROSTER (not cap) space for improvement among our mediocre forward corps.

If you want to settle with the mediocre forward corps we have, bring back guys like Campbell, I for one say goodbye, good riddance crappy offensive unit.

Out
Campbell
Kreps
Tarnasky

In
McArdle
Repik
UFA

Oh yea, don't forget we HAVE to give Taffe a spot next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Garrison 1M$+ too? WTF
Garrison was 100% a free agent out of college. We had to outbid other NHL teams for his rights, hence the higher salary.

Old
03-15-2010, 01:00 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
My issue with Campbell isn't so much his salary, even though I promise we can find cheaper guys for the fourth line, as much as it is that I want his roster spot.

Guys, we've got a FULL roster right now and only Campbell, Kreps, Tarnasky and McArdle who have played any decent amount of time at the NHL level this year coming up for renewal next year. Please, dear god tell me where we are going to free up ROSTER (not cap) space for improvement among our mediocre forward corps.

If you want to settle with the mediocre forward corps we have, bring back guys like Campbell, I for one say goodbye, good riddance crappy offensive unit.

Out
Campbell
Kreps
Tarnasky

In
McArdle
Repik
UFA

Garrison was 100% a free agent out of college. We had to outbid other NHL teams for his rights, hence the higher salary.
I agree. Its time we get rid of the dead weight on this team, and its time we give our youth a chance. Repik, Matthias, and McArdle have all shown they can be productive in this league, and with more ice time, they can actually be upgrades to what we are currently icing. Again, this team is full of 3rd and 4th liners, so that isnt the problem. What we need to do this offseason is add some legit top six talent to this team.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
dbhislife

Quote:

Out
Campbell
Kreps
Tarnasky

In
McArdle
Repik
UFA

I am with you man. People are talking about how we need more top end talent, but where the ******* do we put it? Guys we can't just add a 5th line.

Horton-Weiss-Booth
Stillman-Reino-Frolik
Repik-Matthias-Olesz
Dvo-Campbell-Blitz
Taffe
Nasty
Kreps

That is how I see our pro-team right now when healthy. So now please lets do this intelligently. If you want to move a player into the lineup (resign Free Agent, Duco etc.) then you have to take one away. AND WE STILL HAVE NASTY, AND TAFFE GETS A SPOT NEXT YEAR.

I see it ending up as follows:

Booth-Weiss-Horton (they get one more year)
Frolik-Reino/Matthias/Stillman
Blitz-Matthias/Reino-Repik
Campbell-Taffe-Dvo

This means the only one I want back is Campbell, and under a million (as he will be getting 4th line minutes). This also assumes we can somehow get rid of Olesz and Nasty, otherwise Olesz gets Campbells spot and Nasty is the 13th forward. I also take Duco back but on a 2-way deal.

dbhislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I agree. Its time we get rid of the dead weight on this team, and its time we give our youth a chance. Repik, Matthias, and McArdle have all shown they can be productive in this league, and with more ice time, they can actually be upgrades to what we are currently icing. Again, this team is full of 3rd and 4th liners, so that isnt the problem. What we need to do this offseason is add some legit top six talent to this team.
Thank you!

Old
03-15-2010, 01:10 PM
dbhislife

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
so make me lines where you add another top 6 forward and find spots for everyone...and you can't just be like "we will get rid of this person" because its not always that easy.

dbhislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhislife View Post
I am with you man. People are talking about how we need more top end talent, but where the ******* do we put it? Guys we can't just add a 5th line.

Horton-Weiss-Booth
Stillman-Reino-Frolik
Repik-Matthias-Olesz
Dvo-Campbell-Blitz
Taffe
Nasty
Kreps

That is how I see our pro-team right now when healthy. So now please lets do this intelligently. If you want to move a player into the lineup (resign Free Agent, Duco etc.) then you have to take one away. AND WE STILL HAVE NASTY, AND TAFFE GETS A SPOT NEXT YEAR.

I see it ending up as follows:

Booth-Weiss-Horton (they get one more year)
Frolik-Reino/Matthias/Stillman
Blitz-Matthias/Reino-Repik
Campbell-Taffe-Dvo

This means the only one I want back is Campbell, and under a million (as he will be getting 4th line minutes). This also assumes we can somehow get rid of Olesz and Nasty, otherwise Olesz gets Campbells spot and Nasty is the 13th forward. I also take Duco back but on a 2-way deal.
See, that right there says the writing is on the wall:

NO UFA SIGNINGS!

You're agreeing with me, but even at the same time, there isn't any space.

I like your lines, but I say cut Campbell, move Stillman down a line and sign a UFA for the second/first line.

Old
03-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhislife View Post
so make me lines where you add another top 6 forward and find spots for everyone...and you can't just be like "we will get rid of this person" because its not always that easy.
Booth-Weiss-Horton
Frolik-Reino-UFA
Bitz-Matthias-Stillman
McArdle-Taffe-Dvorak

Done!

Also, this doesn't even begin to address our defense which is a far bigger wreck than our offense.