HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

SM-Liiga 2010-11 (rosters, rumours, transactions)

Old
06-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Not sure about the others but wasn't it in Ortio's plans to play last season in Finland and then go to the WHL this year (believe he was drafted by Swift Current - could be mistaken)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuumio View Post
Looks like you are missing Joni Ortio (G, back-up), Mikko Laine (F, W)) and Marko Virtala (F, C) from TPS roster.
:
On another note, interesting to see Ilari Filppula signed by the Red Wings. I'm guessing most would see that as an AHL deal rather than in Detroit? But it is interesting.

Tony Piscotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Finnpin

Dwight Helminen F
AHL --> Pelicans (1 year contract)

Jyri Marttinen D
Skellefteå AIK --> Pelicans (2 year contract)

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 02:13 PM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
We'll miss you Jyri

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 04:54 AM
QnebO

Anyone heard Rumors who is going to replace Sami Kapanen in KalPa next season? And didint we lost hartikainen to NHL too.. Havent been very active reading on things this offseason. Olli Jokinen is Free Agent right now, so lets try to catch him like we had sami, atleast hes grown up in KalPa. Really dont see any big fish like Kapanen (O. Jokinen / K. Timonen) coming to KalPa, but atleast Timonen would not be that impossible after he desiceds to come back Finland and end NHL career. Jokinen probably is impossible.

Kapanen and Hartikainen are hard to replace. Osala from Washington would be nice pick for someone but i believe hes not done with hes NHL career hopes yet.

Jokerit prolly wont keep nylander? ;P

Last edited by QnebO: 06-24-2010 at 05:00 AM.
QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 06:51 PM
willfenix

Send a message via AIM to willfenix
No word on what Marko Kivenmaki is doing yet? I thought he'd finish up his career in Pori. Big time bummer. Is he probably going to go to another team in Finland or head to another league?

willfenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:18 AM
Quethas

Send a message via MSN to Quethas
Quote:
Originally Posted by willfenix View Post
No word on what Marko Kivenmaki is doing yet? I thought he'd finish up his career in Pori. Big time bummer. Is he probably going to go to another team in Finland or head to another league?
No, nothing. I guess his attitude problems and sometime lazy play causes this silence. But I guess if he is not going to get contract now, he probably will get one when some team begins to suffer injuries.

I guess it's not mentioned yet in this thread that Toni Rajala returned to Ilves.

Quethas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 05:20 PM
willfenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quethas View Post
No, nothing. I guess his attitude problems and sometime lazy play causes this silence. But I guess if he is not going to get contract now, he probably will get one when some team begins to suffer injuries.
That's really too bad, especially after such a great season last year. Kinda seems from your reply that it was Assat's decision to let him go. And is there ANY chance that Assat would try to pick him up sometime before next season or is this pretty much the final straw? And last question, do you think Assat will be able to pick up an "elite" forward before the season starts, or are Pasi Salonen and Santavouri intended to be their top wingers? I kinda hoped to see what Tommi Huhtala would do with top line minutes.

Old
07-17-2010, 08:35 AM
FinHockey
KRH Master Race

Quote:
That's really too bad, especially after such a great season last year. Kinda seems from your reply that it was Assat's decision to let him go. And is there ANY chance that Assat would try to pick him up sometime before next season or is this pretty much the final straw? And last question, do you think Assat will be able to pick up an "elite" forward before the season starts, or are Pasi Salonen and Santavouri intended to be their top wingers? I kinda hoped to see what Tommi Huhtala would do with top line minutes.
It was Marko's decision. If I'm correct he said before the season's ending that he won't play in Pori next season.

FinHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 04:18 AM
TheMuumio

Hauhtonen should be "blacked" in TPS roster due to him already signing, so not a rumour anymore.

Also, D-men Mikael Aaltonen and Markus Palmroth added - although they will probably play in TuTo the upcoming season.
G Tommi Virtanen was also signed a while back. (Probably going to be sent back to TuTo also for a year at least)

TheMuumio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Quethas

Quote:
Finhockey was wrong with this one. As I have watched Assat very closely (no wonder, I live in Pori...) it was team's decision. Kivenmaki would have liked to stay in the team but Assat didn't want to give him new contract, since coach and management looked for different kind of players. Kivenmaki and his family have already settled here so it would have been easy to stay here. And I don't think that the team would want him back since they already decided that there is no need for him.

Assat is looking for another top winger. There is still some money left so we'll see what happens. Assat still wants Tomas Zaborsky, but there is probably still plan B. But it also seems that there comes only one winger and maybe one center and Huhtala is probably first line winger.

Old
07-19-2010, 08:25 AM
croAVSfan*

I hope Rendulic will play just one game with Assat mens team

croAVSfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 10:21 PM
willfenix

Quote:
Finhockey was wrong with this one. As I have watched Assat very closely (no wonder, I live in Pori...) it was team's decision. Kivenmaki would have liked to stay in the team but Assat didn't want to give him new contract, since coach and management looked for different kind of players. Kivenmaki and his family have already settled here so it would have been easy to stay here. And I don't think that the team would want him back since they already decided that there is no need for him.

Assat is looking for another top winger. There is still some money left so we'll see what happens. Assat still wants Tomas Zaborsky, but there is probably still plan B. But it also seems that there comes only one winger and maybe one center and Huhtala is probably first line winger.
I just can't believe he would be that much of an attitude problem to where they didn't want to sign him period. To me it seems like throwing away the type of player you would DREAM of signing in the offseason (in terms of skill). And lazy play or no, the guy was still up towards the top of the league in points...it just doesn't ring a bell to me. But then again, I am in the U.S. "following" Sm-liiga through Google translated webpages and maybe there is a context to this situation that I am missing.

Old
07-21-2010, 12:38 AM
Quethas

Kivenmaki is well-known for his attitude. He gets frustrated very easily and shouts at his linemates if things won't go like he wants. This is also the reason why Kivenmaki is really inconsistent. At times he is magical with all his skills but at times he is just a burden for the team. He isn't easy person in the locker room either as far as I know. Also Assat is looking for fast skaters and Kivenmaki is far from that. Also in the powerplay he kinda freezes the game holding the puck just way too long and most of his solutions are unimaginative or then just too hard. Points of course comes when you play endless amount of powerplay though. Pick thing is also his plus-minus. Even though I know those stats lies often, Kivenmaki's -21, -17 and -14 from the last (almost) full seasons he has played tells actually pretty much.

He has the skill but there are many reasons why Assat and every other team in the league haven't made contract with him.

Edit: About Rendulic. He is interesting player for sure, but first he must prove himself in U20 level before jumping to SM-liiga.

Old
07-21-2010, 10:00 AM
croAVSfan*

Quote:
Kivenmaki is well-known for his attitude. He gets frustrated very easily and shouts at his linemates if things won't go like he wants. This is also the reason why Kivenmaki is really inconsistent. At times he is magical with all his skills but at times he is just a burden for the team. He isn't easy person in the locker room either as far as I know. Also Assat is looking for fast skaters and Kivenmaki is far from that. Also in the powerplay he kinda freezes the game holding the puck just way too long and most of his solutions are unimaginative or then just too hard. Points of course comes when you play endless amount of powerplay though. Pick thing is also his plus-minus. Even though I know those stats lies often, Kivenmaki's -21, -17 and -14 from the last (almost) full seasons he has played tells actually pretty much.

He has the skill but there are many reasons why Assat and every other team in the league haven't made contract with him.

Edit: About Rendulic. He is interesting player for sure, but first he must prove himself in U20 level before jumping to SM-liiga.

I hope he will. He already played few games at U20 level last season. 7 games 2 goals 2 assists.

croAVSfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 04:38 AM
TheMuumio

TPS signed Marko Kivenmäki (W) and Mario Valery-Trabucco (C).

Mave returns to where it began

Current TPS roster:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=48

Last edited by TheMuumio: 07-26-2010 at 05:32 AM.
Old
07-26-2010, 06:32 AM
Quethas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficohok View Post
I hope he will. He already played few games at U20 level last season. 7 games 2 goals 2 assists.
Yep. I saw couple of those games. Some of those were fairly imrpessive, some then again not. He should be able to be key player for Assat U20 next season though but he needs to play more for the team and make better and quicker decisions. Skill and size are already there.

Some new contracts:
Eddie Del Grosso (D) Springfield Falcons -> HIFK (Try-out)
Ari Vallin (D) Färjestad -> HIFK

Old
07-29-2010, 12:08 PM
zorz

Hi, I saw at eliteprospects loan of Pavel Rosa to Switzerland. Is that case similar to players leaving Elitserien for few weeks because of taxes or something like that, does anybody know? So will he return or is supposed to play there the whole season for some reason?

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 01:20 PM
slebbeog

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Hi, I saw at eliteprospects loan of Pavel Rosa to Switzerland. Is that case similar to players leaving Elitserien for few weeks because of taxes or something like that, does anybody know? So will he return or is supposed to play there the whole season for some reason?
Yeah, that's exactly the case. He'll return to Kärpät in october (or was it november), so he won't have to pay huge taxes.

slebbeog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 02:31 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambonidriver² View Post
Yeah, that's exactly the case. He'll return to Kärpät in october (or was it november), so he won't have to pay huge taxes.
Thank you !

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

Gallagher and Dehner

According to Jokerit website both players are signed to tryout contacts with Jokerit. Any word on their prospects? Blake Gallagher is small but was Cornell's leading scorer last season. Don't know much about Dehner.

Also, any word on Princeton's Mark Magnowski returning to Assat?

http://www.jokerit.com/index.php?id=1&nid=1009

Tony Piscotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:36 PM
afrobomber11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Piscotta View Post
According to Jokerit website both players are signed to tryout contacts with Jokerit. Any word on their prospects? Blake Gallagher is small but was Cornell's leading scorer last season. Don't know much about Dehner.

Also, any word on Princeton's Mark Magnowski returning to Assat?

http://www.jokerit.com/index.php?id=1&nid=1009
i remember watching gallagher when he played for notre dame, him and beachell had a real good race for rookie of the year

great talent for sure

afrobomber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 03:51 PM
TheMuumio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Piscotta View Post
Not sure about the others but wasn't it in Ortio's plans to play last season in Finland and then go to the WHL this year (believe he was drafted by Swift Current - could be mistaken)?
Sorry that I just saw this now. But yeah I believe it was in his plans but he chose to stay in Finland.

Old
08-03-2010, 03:01 AM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

Ben Eaves: physical trainer(Jokerit) -> active player (Jokerit)

I give him 10-30 games + playoffs

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 09:14 AM
korben*

Aki Uusikartano TPS -> Ässät
Petteri Nokelainen Phoenix -> Jokerit

korben* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Latex*