HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stafford suspended for 6 games next year

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2004, 10:30 AM
habsfan11

vCash: 500
Stafford suspended for 6 games next year

"The AHL also suspended Stafford for six games for swinging his stick in a dangerous manner which struck the back of Perezhogin's helmet prior to the Bulldogs player retaliating with his stick. "

tsn.ca

Old
05-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Thats very fair (Mooch reeks of sarcasm)

I feel like puking, excuse me.........

Old
05-07-2004, 10:33 AM
BLONG7

6 games??? Was he not the guy who started the whole mess?

Old
05-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Legolas

I'm shocked he got anything because I figured he would get away without any punishment...but 6 games compared to a year...wow.

Old
05-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I wouldn't mind 6 game suspension if Perez hadn't gotten a whole ****ing season. Biggest load of hore**** I have ever seen.

Old
05-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
Umm, Stafford played in the All-Star game and had just 4 pts fewer than Perezhogin, as an AHL rookie *defenseman*?

Not that San Jose is likely to have any immediate openings on D, and Preissing seems to have Stafford's niche filled already, but... Stafford is not exactly a thug or no-talent prospect himself.

But yeah, it was pretty gutless of him to go out and ruin Perez's chances next year by using his face to attack Perez's stick in such a vicious manner.

Last edited by Gee Wally: 05-07-2004 at 06:08 PM. Reason: cleaning out quote
Old
05-07-2004, 05:08 PM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*

Stafford ruined perez's chances of making it next year?? Give me a damn break!! Sure what staff did was very wrong, but perez did the same thing and nailed him.
He could have retaliated any other way..he chose the stupidest way..a jackass move on his part.

He has a brain, and guess what..he didn't use it. I can easily blame perez for what he did..he could have done anything else..you're mad? Drop the gloves..crush him along the boards later on..dont resort to what stafford did. Yet he does..so he's just as bad, and he is totally at fault.

Stop defending these jackass tactics. He'll serve his year, he's young, if he's talented, he'll be back. Now he needs to learn his lesson.

Old
05-07-2004, 05:32 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316

Stafford ruined perez's chances of making it next year?? Give me a damn break!! Sure what staff did was very wrong, but perez did the same thing and nailed him.
He could have retaliated any other way..he chose the stupidest way..a jackass move on his part.

He has a brain, and guess what..he didn't use it. I can easily blame perez for what he did..he could have done anything else..you're mad? Drop the gloves..crush him along the boards later on..dont resort to what stafford did. Yet he does..so he's just as bad, and he is totally at fault.

Stop defending these jackass tactics. He'll serve his year, he's young, if he's talented, he'll be back. Now he needs to learn his lesson.
There's no lesson to learn here. He defended himself and used the same weapon that tried to down him. Eye for an eye. He wasn't trying for his head, it was an accident, Stafford turned.

He should be suspended, but an entire season to a skill player defending himself is ridiculous. What message does this send? If a skill player defends himself, they will be punished?

Why didn't they use precedent? The McSorley incident was worse because he did it from behind? Using that as a guideline, the suspension would have been more just. That's what precedent is FOR!

Just ridiculous.

Old
05-07-2004, 05:34 PM
tnq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316

i wonder if Tucker has a brain ?

Old
05-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Why didn't they use precedent? The McSorley incident was worse because he did it from behind? Using that as a guideline, the suspension would have been more just. That's what precedent is FOR!
Or even the small suspensions Havlat got for doing basically the same thing, as someone else pointed out in the other thread.

Old
05-07-2004, 05:36 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnq
i wonder if Tucker has a brain ?
Still wonder? It's pretty obvious for everybody!

Old
05-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
Or even the small suspensions Havlat got for doing basically the same thing, as someone else pointed out in the other thread.

ah ...yes..the other thread...

(click)

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=76545

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Closed Thread