HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Honestly, Should We Really.....

Old
04-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
Honestly, Should We Really.....

be all that angry about our current positioning? I mean we clawed our way back from 14th place back in December. Should we really be all that angry if we don't make the playoffs after that? I know it sucks and all but looking back we really should be happy that we're even at this stage. Our players continue to play like **** and the Flyers are run by a bunch of dumbasses but that's who the Flyers are and they're our team. So when it all comes down to this one game....Let's kick some ass.

[*Insert Badass Song That Which I Can't Think Of Right Now]

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:27 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Considering we were sold "Cup Contender Kool-Aid", yes, we should be upset.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:30 PM
BringBackStevens

I'm angry, but not angry at all of the players and calling them all heartless etc, which I think is total BS. You simply cannot win with goaltending as bad as Boucher. The effect of him in net is so obvious. Hell, this team could play in front of Michael ****ing Leighton, and with him we likely have the 6th spot lined up. Now imagine a real goalie.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
I am always upset when we have no shot at the cup, yet alone missing the playoffs. I was 2 years old for the last cup and **** I want to see them win so bad !

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Wait...is this thread serious? If so...stop, just stop.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:32 PM
mm6492

Yes. We mortgaged our future to win now. We may miss the playoffs. Our team has regressed, not progressed.

**** this team.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:32 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
[*Insert Badass Song That Which I Can't Think Of Right Now]

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Hollywood Couturier

The point is that it's been an awful year and well from our overall play this year the Flyers don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Every one is acting as if it's our god given right to make the playoffs when in reality this team has its flaws and they've been exploited this year. Now we can only hope that our genius management fixes those problems. At this point we are playing with the houses money.

Old
04-09-2010, 09:35 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
The point is that it's been an awful year and well from our overall play this year the Flyers don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Every one is acting as if it's our god given right to make the playoffs when in reality this team has its flaws and they've been exploited this year. Now we can only hope that our genius management fixes those problems. At this point we are playing with the houses money.
Nah we deserve to be in IMO. I mean, not that many guys have really played poorly outside of Coburn and Boosh.

That 17 game swoon (during coaching change) murdered us and then Boosh has assassinated us the last month.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Raticuz

Hey it could be worse...we could be Pens 'fans'.

Raticuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:39 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raticuz View Post

Old
04-09-2010, 09:41 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

but it is our right to expect to be in the playoffs. its our right to expect that the lessons learned from the past 2 years is that the games in october are just as frigging important as the ones in april. weve given excuses to why they didnt win, locker room problems, lack of systems from stevens, but when does the bull **** excuses end? when does the shrug of the shoulders stop? half of this team is still immature and it shows. on the ice and off. the only ones that have personality are the older guys who are grateful for where they are.

what we shouldnt expect is for us to have to struggle to in the end for playoff posistioning/clinching. im done blaming stevens, im done blaming homer who will resign he said, im done blaming snider and lukko.

these kids have no heart. most of you laugh about cote but, atleast he knows his place and doesnt take it for granted like some of these overpriced peices of ****.

i gave up when coatsey was actually blaming the ice. jesus christ man, practice with tennis balls., learn to pass crisply, something ffs

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Hollywood Couturier

I think the alcohol has numbed me of my anger. I'll probably be flipping **** tomorrow and thinking what the **** did I write this for but for right now i'm in a good place.

Old
04-09-2010, 09:45 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raticuz View Post
at least they can pose with a current player wearing a stanly cup ring

Old
04-09-2010, 09:50 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Anyone else think that, besides Hartnell, Matt Carle is the most overhyped, useless POS on this team? His play in the 3rd period was embarrassing (turnovers while pinching in the offensive zone, lackadaisical defense, etc.) I would have liked to see Lavs bench he and Hartnell there in the last couple minutes.

Hope we move him over the summer, maybe get a couple picks back

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:51 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

The ONLY positive that comes from this is that Laviolette has seen enough and can make suggestions about who stays and who goes. Hopefully this means we've seen the last of Hartnell, Coburn, Boucher and any other lousy SOB who can't adjust to the system. Of course, I wouldn't mind an entire house cleaning starting with management, going to the medical staff and finally the training staff.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:58 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Anyone else think that, besides Hartnell, Matt Carle is the most overhyped, useless POS on this team? His play in the 3rd period was embarrassing (turnovers while pinching in the offensive zone, lackadaisical defense, etc.) I would have liked to see Lavs bench he and Hartnell there in the last couple minutes.

So... you're really gonna go there? All of the underachieving players on this team...

and you are going to ***** out one of two active defensemen with a positive +/-? A +/- that is second on the team. 34 points which is good for 3rd in scoring from the defense and the lowest PIM/game on the entire team (16 minutes in 78 games)?

Should I bother calling you a moron, or do you kinda already know?

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:00 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:

This. Both need to be moved.

And Boucher needs to go.

Frankly, I'm upset, but I'm not angry in any way, shape, or form at the majority of our roster.

No team can lose two goalies for the majority of this season (3 if you count Backlund) and still consider themselves involved this late.

It's hardly an excuse, but now 8-18-3 behind Boucher is telling. We went from 32-17-3 to 8-18-3. It's not as black and white as I appear to be claiming, but it definitely shows some significant factors at work this year.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
I agree they don't deserve the playoffs, but I'm angry because they should be better than this instead of choking down the stretch. But yeah, even if they do make it I won't be feeling warm and fuzzy because their only saving grace was the East was so mediocre this year.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:01 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:

He's nothing amazing, but far from as bad as you make him sound.

Old
04-09-2010, 10:04 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
So... you're really gonna go there? All of the underachieving players on this team...

and you are going to ***** out one of two active defensemen with a positive +/-? A +/- that is second on the team. 34 points which is good for 3rd in scoring from the defense and the lowest PIM/game on the entire team (16 minutes in 78 games)?

Put any other defenseman with Pronger and that player will be 2nd in +/-. I guarantee it.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:07 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:

Hartnell is underachieving. Briere is underachieving outside of brief stretches when he is on fire. Gagne was hurt most of the season. Giroux is just not there yet. VanRiemsdyk you need to give a year or a little more to before he can be a dominant force.

You can't count on Richards and Carter to do it alone. If all of their wingers hadn't had issues this year, they'd be right back up at PPG status.

Carle is overpaid. He is what he is. He's decent, but nothing great. Coburn is up and down, but he's been pretty good down the stretch. Parent seems to have been slowed by injuries. Krajicek is alright, but alright isn't going to cut it.

Pronger and Timonen had to shoulder the load this year, as they will have to in the future.

Boucher is a rebound machine some nights. Other nights he lets in soft goals galore. Other nights he is out of position. On nights like tonight he is all three, but people will praise his "incredible saves" for keeping us involved.

Emery was good for a while. His career is likely over so that's that. Leighton played above his head.

That's our season in a nutshell.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:09 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

my proposal video for the next GDT

Old
04-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Centauris*

I do. I'm suicidal right now.. i've just been sitting here.. staring ahead.. about to blow my brains out.

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:13 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:

So....a + and 34 points is enough to keep him on your team? Playing next to Chris Pronger? I'll pass.

Sure I know I'm making him sound bad, worse than he probably his. But I don't think he's worth what he's getting, or worth our time. Plus he's probably one of the few attractive pieces on the squad that another team may be interested in, without any type of movement clauses.

And no, I didnt know I was a moron, so go ahead and fire away.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote