HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Favorite memories and a thank you...

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2004, 03:41 AM
kira

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Favorite memories and a thank you...

For most of us, the season has ended...not the way we wanted it to. It's a bitter pill to swallow, to say the least.

But all of us have at least one indelible memory of this season... a goal, a save, a first live game...something that makes this season stick out in your mind.

Plus, we all have a player that we like to watch...this is a chance and a place to tell that player thank you for what he did. Whether it was his hustle and desire, or a memorable goal or whatever.

I would only ask of you that you don't be sarcastic or facetious...we get enough of that around here. Sincerity goes a long way...

I'm interested in reading what you guys and gals have to say...it should be fun.

Old
05-05-2004, 04:08 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Daniel Sedin's 4 goal game

Matt Cooke typing game 7 with 6 seconds left

Brendan Morrison in third OT

Jason King's run in October

Old
05-05-2004, 04:14 AM
Shane

Daniel Sedin single-handedly demolishing the Red Wings with a four goal rampage.

Henrik Sedin's end-to-end goal against Anaheim.

Markus Naslund welcoming Marc-Andre Fleury to the big leauges with a four goal game against Pittsburgh.

Old
05-05-2004, 04:15 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Sullivan getting traded to the Preds, takes 3 shots in the game against the Sharks and scored 3 goals in a 7-3 rout.

Preds scoring 4 goals in the third period to beat the Wings.

Dats' deke of Turco.

(AHL) Neil Little racing across the rink and pulling a superman jump, diving into a pile of brawling players.

Old
05-05-2004, 08:21 AM
sabresfan61

max and miro both scoring hat tricks in the same game....

andrew peters first nhl goal....

miro scoring 4 goals in one game against Atlanta

Old
05-05-2004, 10:11 AM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
My favorites...

Pavel's goal against Marty Turco...that was sweet.

That no-look 180 over the shoulder Pavel had against Roberto Luongo...I think I must have watched the replay of that one a hundred times and I still don't know how he did it.

Peter Schaffer's goal...Wow! I could watch that one over and over again.

Afinigenov's jaw-dropper...that was incredible. What an individual effort that was.

I have to thank Pavel for making it fun to watch hockey this season...what a blast it was to watch him every night.

Old
05-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Sincerely and without sarcasm, the greatest day in a while as a Caps fan was draft lottery day. A close second would be young Alexander Semin turning it on late in the season with the Caps' cast of journeymen down the stretch.

Old
05-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Higgy4

My greatest memory was watching Steve Yzerman play all year. We may have seen the last of him, so I made sure to really appreciate him all year long during every game that I watched.

I hope we havent seen the last of Stevie. Not yet.

Old
05-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Oilers Hockey

I'd like to thank the Atlanta Thrashers for one hell of a brawl, and Petr Nedved for his awesome wrist-shot. I just wish our last game was at home so Oates could have had a classier goodbye instead of listening to thousands of unwashed miscreants mock his teams failure in his last year.

Old
05-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Davisian

Very Little for the Rangers.

Sweeping the Isles and that's about it.

Except for watching Jed Ortmeyer give everything he had and then some, clawing his way to an NHL lineup as an undrafted free agent out of friggin Nebraska.

Finally seeing the light and bringing in young talent was good, but it took so much time and misery to get there, its hardly wort celebrating until next year.

Old
05-05-2004, 11:55 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
This being my fourth year as a season ticket holder of the Panthers and missing about 5 games in those four years, I finally got to see the most exciting play in sports. I got to see Luongo stop Peca on a penalty shot.

Old
05-05-2004, 11:59 AM
wildslip

for a wild fan it would have been the return for gaborik and the great season by roloson the crazy save he made in the allstar game ans so forth. The two quikest goals in NHL history is another great one.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Bill McNeal

Thanks to the Edmonton Oilers and Montreal Canadiens organizations for the Heritage Classic, one of my favorite hockey moments of all-time.

Thanks to Sheldon Souray for his hat trick game.

Thanks to Michael Ryder for... Well everything he did this year.

Thanks to Saku Koivu for being Saku Koivu.

Thanks to Jeremy Roenick for last night Wait, that sounded wrong, for the goal last night.

Thanks to the Habs for a great season.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:57 PM
chicpea*

Souray's 6 point game

Cooke's game tying goal

Brookbank v. Oliwa

Heritage Classic: Richer winding up with the slapshot, only to be denied by the glove of Fuhr! (and Zednik's breakaway winner)

Linden becoming the all-time Canuck leader (somewhat marred by another incident)

Saku punching ribs

Old
05-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

my favorite memories of this year have yet to happen...the fact that the NHL has new blood in the final four is good enough for me...no more Colorado, Detroit, Dallas, New Jersey...etc, etc, etc.

Nashville making it to the playoffs for the first time.

Darcy Tucker's hit on Sami Kapanen last night...

Old
05-05-2004, 01:24 PM
wensink

Seeing an 18 year old, no-name, no expectation rookie make the Boston Bruins squad.

Patrice Bergeron.

It was so refreshing to see a dark horse to even make this year's team, play so well that he was mentioned as a serious Rookie of the Year candidate (until he got injured).

Old
05-05-2004, 01:28 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

let's see for the Pens...

Ryan Malone had quite a few highlight goals this
Fleury had some exceptional games, probably the Opener being the best
And orpik, where he took out two rangers with one hit that lead to a Pens goal (on a nice move by Pirijeta)

Old
05-05-2004, 01:41 PM
tom_servo

Fleury's opening night performance.

Beating the Wings at home.

*4.5 months*

Going on a tear in March.

Old
05-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Satan81

Going 4-2 on Sabres western road trip

Beating Leafs in Toronto 6-4 after being down 3-0

Mika Noronen outscoring Sundin, Nolan, and Roberts in that same game

Old
05-05-2004, 03:05 PM
GoM

-The Ottawa game when the Leafs trailed, came back and Nolan won it in OT. Plus his 'boohoo' quote
-All the great goals...Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Sundin, Afinoganov, S.Neidermayer, the list goes on
-Seeing my favourite Cap, Halpern getting the A sewn on his sweater and him still proud to be wearing it, despite everything the team has gone through
-The flashes of brilliance from Semin, god that kid should be good
-Belfour single handedly owning the Senators in Round One
-Leafs playing well in Round two, same with the Flyers, except for Game 5
-The Buffalo game where Mogilny got his 1000th point, and the thrilling comeback, etc.
-Predators making the playoffs

Lowlights

-All the high stickings, especially to Nolan, Yzerman, etc.
-Sturm's injury, still gives me shivers
-Bondra getting traded. Jagr, Lang, whatever. Gonchar hurt some, the return is nice. Bondra's trade tore my heart out.

Old
05-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Renion

We had an overabundance of riches in Columbus (I'm serious).

Watching Rick Nash every night is special.

Watching Zherdev's first NHL game....If you appreciate awesome skill, watch him. Of course, his first game also brought one of my worst memories. Zherdev's first NHL goal was stripped from him because the net jiggled slightly. I loved that goal because it wasn't pure skill, which is a Z trademark....He scored it while falling to the ice. Alas. Seriously though, watch this guy! If he assisted on a goal, it was usually the case that his assist was more spectacular than the goal. It was like he was saying, "I'll do this and this, and skate/stickhandle around their entire team, and you just shoot it into the open net--after I pass the puck through fifty defensemen." I love Z; I just hope he keeps improving, and doesn't stop challenging one-on-one.

I loved watching Manny Malhotra.

I loved seeing the potential of Svitov; I can only hope he reaches it. I don't need him to score 80 points, as long as he plays tough and scores 45.

I loved watching David Vyborny, one of the most underrated players in the league.

I love Marc Denis. There were always rumblings about how he gave up games late, but when the entire team collapses around you, consistently, in the final 5 minutes....

Old
05-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Schenn02

Great thread

Leafs

- The 5-4 win in OT in Ottawa!!!
- the 6-5 OT win in Buffalo
- 2-0 win in Buffalo where we and NYI (cuz they beat Carolina) mathematically eliminated the Sabres from playoff contention
- Mogilny's 1000th point
- I wasn't too happy about this one until I realized how well Leetch is - the acquisition of Brian Leetch

Old
05-05-2004, 10:01 PM
LuckyLUC20

Warning: Long Post

Around the NHL -

The brawl in Philly between the Sens and Flyers. Goalie fight, everybody pretty much dropping the gloves. Even Smoke!!

Hats off to Jeremy Roenick this year. A wild roller-coaster ride for him this season. Him at All-Star weekend was fun. The 4-for-4 during the accuracy competition. The mic on him during the game. Then him getting hit in the jaw with the puck in New York. When it looked like he was done with hockey, he comes back a few months later for the stretch run and playoffs and sends his team into the ECFs with the gw goal against Toronto. True warrior! Thank you, JR for showing what hockey is all about!

The Flames making it into the playoffs after a long drought.

For the Kings -

The road trip through the South-east was fun. The Kings picked up all but one point on that road trip (7 of 8 I believe). Highlight of that road trip was the game against the Lightning. A scoreless tie headed into OT, then Ziggy Palffy comes through in the clutch with 7 seconds left and scores the game winner! Ziggy had a terrific start to the season. 41 points in like 35 games, then got injured . (btw, Kings management: please sign Ziggy NOW!)

Dustin Brown's first goal ever in the NHL against the Avalanche.

Esa Pirnes had a penalty shot attempt in 2 straight games this year. (of course he came up empty, but he was awesome for the Kings this season).

The come from behind win against the Oilers in Edmonton during Hockey Night in Canada! Thrilling win with 5 seconds left in the game in front of a nationwide audience! Jason Holland scored the game winner with hundreds of family and friends in attendance.

Watching Alexander Frolov mature in front of our eyes. He will be a star for sure! Tim Gleason also was a pleasant surprise. He was one of our best defensemen all year. Lubomir Visnovsky showed us how good and skilled he is. Had he not gotten injured, he should've been an All-Star. Noah Clarke making his NHL debut. Clarke is the first So-Cal born player to play for the Kings!

Luc Robitaille tying then passing Johnny Bucyk's record for most points ever by a LW'er. I'm so glad he did it in a Kings uniform. I hope he comes back next season. I will be devastated if he retires after the way the Kings ended the season. If he does retire, thank you Luc for EVERYTHING you've done for not only the Kings, but for hockey in general. There truly needs to be more classy players in sports like you. We love you Luc! (one more year! one more year!)

I'd like to thank the Kings for surviving a roller coaster season. Many ups and downs, but the one constant was the heart they showed this year. They worked hard for every point they got (even though only 81 points this season). They were in the playoff hunt until the last week or so left in the season. Then the wheels fell off and the injuries finally caught up to them. All those injuries sucked, but it was a thrill to see the guys who got the chance to show they belonged in the NHL step up. Thanks to the Monarchs!

Last edited by LuckyLUC20: 05-05-2004 at 10:05 PM.
Old
05-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

How could you forget the comeback win with 4.5 seconds left against Edmonton Lucky?!

Old
05-05-2004, 10:13 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
How could you forget the comeback win with 4.5 seconds left against Edmonton Lucky?!
I didn't forget... It's there! It's right after Esa Pirnes' penalty shot attempts!

Quote:
The come from behind win against the Oilers in Edmonton during Hockey Night in Canada! Thrilling win with 5 seconds left in the game in front of a nationwide audience! Jason Holland scored the game winner with hundreds of family and friends in attendance.

Last edited by LuckyLUC20: 05-05-2004 at 10:17 PM.
Closed Thread