HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (6) Los Angeles Kings | Kings Forum Series Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2010, 09:04 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

vCash: 500
These are the lines I think Murray should roll in game five:

Richardson-Kopitar-Simmonds
Frolov-Handzus-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Modin
Parse-Halpern-Williams

With the last change, Vigneault is going to try to keep the Sedins away from Handzus as much as possible. With these lines, it spreads out our "checkers" (Richardson, Handzus, Modin) over three lines. It also gives every line some offensive punch, even our fourth. You have to believe that Williams will come out with something to prove. Parse has played well with limited minutes, and as long as Halpern can win some faceoffs and keep a cycle going, even the fourth line should generate some chances.

TM has to approach game five with a checking, hard work, bring your lunch pail mentality. Richardson-Kopitar-Simmonds have brought just that every game, and Kopitar needs some more speed on his left than just Smyth, who's shown his age this series.

Frolov-Handzus-Brown is ideally the line you'd want out against the Sedins. Brown can put some physical pressure on Samuelsson to knock him off his game a bit. And Frolov can help provide some puck possession that kept the Sedins off their game so well in game three.

Smyth-Stoll-Modin can grind it out all day long. You have a big body in Modin on the right the help the cycle. Smyth and Stoll have played together at times and are old teammates. They may get each other going. Stoll has really brought some physicality to the series and can continue to bring that on this line.

Overall, I feel TM has to go at the Canucks on their own ice with a well rounded attack. You can't play chess as well as he did in LA, and that didn't work too well in game four, anyway. Spread out your defensive stalwarts to give every line some responsibility in their own end, yet still roll four lines that can score on any shift.

This is the way I think Murray should attack game seven.

And for the love of God keep Jones away from the Sedins.

Old
04-22-2010, 09:12 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post

Frolov-Handzus-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Modin
Parse-Halpern-Williams
I would switch Brown/Modin as Modin is more defensively responsible. Other than that, it looks fine.

Personally, I really wouldn't mind adding Moller and sitting Halpern. I know it won't happen but just hoping.

Old
04-22-2010, 09:13 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Honestly we just had four very close games against what probably is a better opponent on paper. Completely changing the lineup across the board seems crazy to me. Like a mad gamble. The lines are working, they just need a 60 minute effort from all of them. The only change I'd consider is Parse for Williams.

Old
04-22-2010, 09:18 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

The changes I want are Fukufuji in net and Zeiler on the first line.

Old
04-22-2010, 09:30 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

I really love Richie's game. Like I said before, you put Richie on just about any line and that line will be the best line.

Old
04-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
The "means nothing but is interesting" stat of the day:

The Canucks have won just one series in the seven times they have been tied 2-2 in a best-of-seven playoff.
......History will be made, but of course i hope it doesn't against the kings

Old
04-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post

Frolov-Handzus-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Modin
Parse-Halpern-Williams
These line cominations are solid also.

Old
04-22-2010, 09:48 PM
fyrescorp

I got to go to the game last night....

The crowd/atmosphere was GREAT. 3rd period...not soo much. It's probably been discussed to oblivion in the last 38 pages so I wont go on. I just wanted to ask a question.

Did anyone kicked the collective ****** of the afro blue haired, Nucks fan with the painted face in 113. I would have given anything to pummel that ***** and his ******* butties. What a knob.

On another note, I met Gary Bettman there. He was sitting a few rows behind us. Nice man. Although, trying to explain "icing" and "offsides" to him was irritating.

OK I made that last bit up.

Kings can beat these guys in their building. Do it.

Old
04-22-2010, 09:57 PM
kingdoughty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrescorp View Post
The crowd/atmosphere was GREAT. 3rd period...not soo much. It's probably been discussed to oblivion in the last 38 pages so I wont go on. I just wanted to ask a question.

Did anyone kicked the collective ****** of the afro blue haired, Nucks fan with the painted face in 113. I would have given anything to pummel that ***** and his ******* butties. What a knob.

On another note, I met Gary Bettman there. He was sitting a few rows behind us. Nice man. Although, trying to explain "icing" and "offsides" to him was irritating.

OK I made that last bit up.

Kings can beat these guys in their building. Do it.
i saw that dude...people were throwing stuff at him but idk if he got an official beatdown

Old
04-22-2010, 09:59 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Oh come on, he had a rough game, but so did Greene. Overall OD has been VERY good this series. His veteran-'ness' has come through more than his oldness. He ****ed up big time last night, twice. But again, as soon as I saw the way the Kings played the first 5 minutes of that period, I knew it was only a matter of time until someone got exposed. It just so happened to be OD.
Wow. I flat out disagree with that. OD, along with Jones, Harrold, and Williams have been our worst players. He was also brutal during the whole last half of the season. His time is up, he's no longer capable of being a top 6 defenseman in this league.

Right now the Kings have no one to fill in the 5th and 6th slots on defense. We're only carrying 4 NHL level defenseman, and it shows.

Old
04-22-2010, 10:02 PM
MxK1NGS

Bad gut feeling the rest of the way. Maybe it is the inexperience of the team overall and Quick not playing as great in the last game. I just hope they prove me wrong..

Old
04-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
OD is done. He's toast. He needs to retire after this season. He's just not the player he was last year.

Old
04-22-2010, 10:16 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
OD is done. He's toast. He needs to retire after this season. He's just not the player he was last year.
I would actually like him to take a step down this year. He played horrendous last game. Brutal mistakes after the other..

Old
04-22-2010, 10:16 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
He'd still be a decent bottom-pairing d-man for a rebuilding team. His time with the Kings should be over though.

Old
04-22-2010, 10:17 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Wow. I flat out disagree with that. OD, along with Jones, Harrold, and Williams have been our worst players. He was also brutal during the whole last half of the season. His time is up, he's no longer capable of being a top 6 defenseman in this league.

Right now the Kings have no one to fill in the 5th and 6th slots on defense. We're only carrying 4 NHL level defenseman, and it shows.
I didn't say he was good during the regular season, and I agree its time to lace em up after this year.

But I think aside from last night he has been steady and made a lot of good plays.

Old
04-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Good to read that Quick admits that he needed to make the big stop last night. Hope this means he will shut it down tomorrow.

http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammon...ing-the-blame/

Go Kings Go!!!!

Old
04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Per Hammond: Game 6 @ 6:00 PM.

Old
04-22-2010, 10:43 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
The "means nothing but is interesting" stat of the day:

The Canucks have won just one series in the seven times they have been tied 2-2 in a best-of-seven playoff.
To add a little emphasis to this...the Kings have beaten them TWICE in this situation...

Old
04-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I think O'D is done, especially with the Kings, but I don't think he has been horrible. I think there are others that I would be concerned more about on our blueline over O'D. Hopefully our youth is ready to step up to the big club next season and fill in some of these holes opening up. Boy, when we get all our prospects up and running on the same page, I quiver to think what our team will be like in the postseason a few years from now...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
04-22-2010, 10:49 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Odie's showing his age a bit with the last few games... I won't be too surprised to see a retirement after the season...but I wish there would be a spot in the organization for him if he chooses to do so...

Old
04-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

I'm excited for next season. I can't see this team missing the playoffs with Quick and Bernier in net.

I would expect around 60 games for Bernier and 20+ for Quick.

Old
04-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Haik

Sad to see a lot of people giving up on this team. It's 2-2 people! We win friday night and this series is ours! GO Kings GO!

Old
04-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
Sad to see a lot of people giving up on this team. It's 2-2 people! We win friday night and this series is ours! GO Kings GO!
I don't get that at all.

I just see people talking about what the Kings need to do to win the series. I don't think anyone has given up. Game 5 isn't even a must win. It would be nice to get the win.

I still thnk the Kings will win in six. That was my pick before the series.

If the Kings lose the series, I will be crushed, but I also believe the Kings aren't too far from being legit contenders. It will start with Bernier and Quick pushng each other in the battle for the #1 spot.

The Kings need one of the Manchester defenseman to step up and make the team. Lombardi will pick up a vet defenseman via FA or minor trade at the draft. And a winger to replace Frolov or sign Frolov at a discount.

Old
04-22-2010, 11:43 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I don't get that at all.

I just see people talking about what the Kings need to do to win the series. I don't think anyone has given up. Game 5 isn't even a must win. It would be nice to get the win.

If the Kings lose the series, I will be crushed, but I also believe the Kings aren't too far from being legit contenders. It will start with Bernier and Quick pushng each other in the battle for the #1 spot.

The Kings need one of the Manchester defenseman to step up and make the team. Lombardi will pick up a vet defenseman via FA or minor trade at the draft. And a winger to replace Frolov or sign Frolov at a discount.

Really hoping Voynov makes the team out of camp next season

Old
04-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I don't get that at all.

Word.

While we still have games to play and could end up going even further, this team is only getting better.

Closed Thread