HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (6) Los Angeles Kings | Kings Forum Series Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2010, 07:28 PM
  #1001
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault
 
Bad Will Hunting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southie
Posts: 26,803
vCash: 69
Time to go score 10 Sunday night

(Either the Kings score 10 or I drink 10 beers to make the pain go away)

Bad Will Hunting is online now  
Old
04-24-2010, 07:31 PM
  #1002
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,685
vCash: 500
I love Matt Cooke, you hate playing against him, love playing with him. He's UFA at the end of the year, any chance DL picks him up?

AKAY47 is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 07:38 PM
  #1003
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
No way Cooke has so much baggage, I wouldn't touch him.

The Kings need a #5 D, a middleweight/light heavyweight 4th liner and a scoring winger.

Guys like Mitchell, Hamhuis, Volchenkov, and Morris and are the D they should look at and of course Marleau, Stempniak and Kovy as the scoring wingers and Tucker, Torres, Eager, Nystrom, and Asham as the middleweight 4th liners...

Hell, even Shane O'Brien is a UFA....

Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 07:43 PM
  #1004
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,685
vCash: 500
Hamhuis would be a beautiful thing but I think he'll stay in Nashville, unfortunately..

Doughty-Scuderi
Johnson-Hamhuis

AKAY47 is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 07:46 PM
  #1005
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 34,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Time to go score 10 Sunday night

(Either the Kings score 10 or I drink 10 beers to make the pain go away)
Drinking 10 beers, no matter the result of the Kings game, is a win-win situation to me. Especially if it is 10 of these:

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
04-24-2010, 07:47 PM
  #1006
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Hamhuis would be a beautiful thing but I think he'll stay in Nashville, unfortunately..

Doughty-Scuderi
Johnson-Hamhuis
Even if Hamhuis regins...Sutton, O'Brien, Volchenkov, Morris, Seidenberg, Colaiacovo, and Jurcina are all upgrades over O'Donnell and Jones.

Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 07:55 PM
  #1007
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Yes, diving is a HUGE problem in this league. It really is hurting the game and to some degree, taking the joy out of the game. If the NHL doesn't do something drastic about diving, I just think the league will become a joke.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 07:57 PM
  #1008
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,898
vCash: 50
you guys give up on your team way to easy, it's a bit shameful, it's only 3-2 for the canucks. Anything can happen in the playoff's, it's not like it's 3-0 here.

Regardless of how good the nucks are playing or how "annoying" the fan base is, you guys need to stick by your team, like at least I am with my nucks.

just my two cents.

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 07:58 PM
  #1009
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,898
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
you guys give up on your team way to easy, it's a bit shameful, it's only 3-2 for the canucks. Anything can happen in the playoff's, it's not like it's 3-0 here.

Regardless of how good the nucks are playing or how "annoying" the fan base is, you guys need to stick by your team, like at least I am with my nucks.

just my two cents.
(I Meant the people who think you guys lost already, not the supporters)

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 08:01 PM
  #1010
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Here’s how the Kings are skating this morning…

Smyth-Kopitar-Simmonds
Modin-Handzus-Brown
Richardson-Stoll-Frolov (not certain of the center here)
Parse/Halpern/Williams/Ivanans

There don’t appear to be any changes on defense.


Again, TM is trying new lines. I don't see what TM likes about Kopi's line. I would definitely change that line if any.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 08:11 PM
  #1011
Cruel11
Maximoff
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 18,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Here’s how the Kings are skating this morning…

Smyth-Kopitar-Simmonds
Modin-Handzus-Brown
Richardson-Stoll-Frolov (not certain of the center here)
Parse/Halpern/Williams/Ivanans

There don’t appear to be any changes on defense.


Again, TM is trying new lines. I don't see what TM likes about Kopi's line. I would definitely change that line if any.
I would try Richie with Kopi and demote Smyth.

Cruel11 is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 08:13 PM
  #1012
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I would try Richie with Kopi and demote Smyth.
Absolutely!

Put Smyth with Stoll and Brown, they play well together. This way we have at least 2 solid lines. Third line could be Fro/Zeus/Modin.

I think it could be that simple.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 08:15 PM
  #1013
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I would try Richie with Kopi and demote Smyth.
Yeah I like that idea, plus TM should scratch Smyth if he had any balls, he's been horrible in the series. Thats not happenin though. Its amazing though how the Veterans we have on the team are hurting waaaaaay more than helping.

DAkings20 is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 08:18 PM
  #1014
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,917
vCash: 500
Brad was just fine with Fredrik and Michal. Changing arguably the Kings' most effective line is lunacy and Murray is a lunatic.

Zad is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 08:20 PM
  #1015
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Brad was just fine with Fredrik and Michal. Changing arguably the Kings' most effective line is lunacy and Murray is a lunatic.
Richie's been good on any line we have put him on, he clicked with Kopi and night train earlier in the season for a while. There's no damage to trying it again especially when your out if you lose.

DAkings20 is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 08:23 PM
  #1016
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
As for pulling EE to put JQ back in, total HorseHoey call. EE did no worse than JQ and the game, at least by the way our team was playing at that point, was over but for the clock. I would love to know what TM was thinking when he did that, not that we ever will.
Ersberg gave up two goals from long range that any goalie in the NHL should be able to block 100 out of 100 times. Neither goal was deflected and no one was blocking Ersberg's view of the shots.

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 08:24 PM
  #1017
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Richie's been good on any line we have put him on, he clicked with Kopi and night train earlier in the season for a while. There's no damage to trying it again especially when your out if you lose.
Change for the sake of change is not strategy, it's gambling. Murray has made me ill with this. He has a serious gambling problem.

Zad is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 08:26 PM
  #1018
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
What this team really needs is SOMETHING from Frolov. He's been invisible the entire series. I think he's just too slow to make an impact vs Vancouver. The difference between his effectiveness and Richardson's is their speed. It's so obvious.

I am actually hoping he is replaced on the roster this offseason.

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 08:29 PM
  #1019
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
What this team really needs is SOMETHING from Frolov. He's been invisible the entire series. I think he's just too slow to make an impact vs Vancouver. The difference between his effectiveness and Richardson's is their speed. It's so obvious.

I am actually hoping he is replaced on the roster this offseason.
I think Fro's intimidated by the hard hitting.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 08:43 PM
  #1020
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,666
vCash: 500
Frolov has definitely been a disappointment. I can't imagine him getting an extension, unless it's for less than what his cap hit is now. It's such a shame to see his career as a King end on a low note like this, with his worst season.

It does make the loss much more bearable though. But at least he hasn't been as bad as Williams or Smyth, both whom I expected great things from.

BigBrown is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 09:17 PM
  #1021
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,917
vCash: 500
In fairness to Smyth, he has neither size or speed. His game doesn't work when the Kings are playing defense 80% of the time.

Zad is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 09:22 PM
  #1022
Rumpelstiltskin
Serial Ruminator
 
Rumpelstiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Frolov has definitely been a disappointment. I can't imagine him getting an extension, unless it's for less than what his cap hit is now. It's such a shame to see his career as a King end on a low note like this, with his worst season.

It does make the loss much more bearable though. But at least he hasn't been as bad as Williams or Smyth, both whom I expected great things from.
1. Agree about Frolov; prior to this series, I was very-much gung-ho about retaining him, even at a slight bump in cost. Now, I'm rather ambivalent (if anything, actually, I'm mildly hoping he walks so Lombardi can upgrade the position).

2. Regarding Williams: I was gonna' wait until after the end of the series to mention him (he still does have time to turn things around <cross-fingers>), but I don't think a Game-1-so-poor-that-he-gets-benched and then an extremely lackluster follow-up is what Lombardi had in mind when he traded O'Sullivan and that 2nd away...

Rumpelstiltskin is online now  
Old
04-24-2010, 09:26 PM
  #1023
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
Richardson was -3 last night, the worst on the team.

Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 09:27 PM
  #1024
heartandsoul
 
heartandsoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: warm weather locale
Country: St Vincent and the Grenadines
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Is Bernier going to start? Probably our only hope.

heartandsoul is offline  
Old
04-24-2010, 09:28 PM
  #1025
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartandsoul View Post
Is Bernier going to start? Probably our only hope.
No, no he isn't.

Shellz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.