HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers miss playoffs

Old
04-11-2010, 05:09 PM
twistedwrister17
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
I'm 25 and this team has already made me numb... I haven't experienced a single good moment since I started watching them (got into them after 93-94). The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result... or something like that... so in essence... I'm 25 and this team has driven me insane.... I'm going to go drink now... and toast to changes... and insanity... here here.

twistedwrister17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:09 PM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

vCash: 50
Hey Dolan you don't get your money this year HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I hate you and hope you die too.

KingWantsCup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:10 PM
DoomMF

vCash: 500
WTF, I watched that whole game and in the end it comes down to Jokinen.

It's like reading a book where you know the ending ahead of time. What's the point. Jokinen couldn't have scored on an empty net in the clutch.

*****ing Torts never gets more out of a team than the bare minimum. Just look at the talent and assess where they should finish, that's exactly where it ends up because a chimp could coach a team up as well as Torts.

DoomMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:10 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
I can understand people being upset with Jokinen being selected (even though he is 40% on his career and almost scored), but Gaborik has been awful in shootouts throughout his career, and honestly has been awful since the playoffs came in sight.

-31- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:11 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless This Mess View Post
how can we watch torts' press conference?
I could honestly care less right now what he has to say. I don't wanna here how Jokinenen played with Boucher in Phonoiex & he had a tip on him, I don't wanna hear any excuses, we lost it's over.....i'm pissed off & disapointed. But what's worse I ain't got nothing left.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
azrok22

Should've sold, and many of us knew it.

azrok22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Hey Dolan you don't get your money this year HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I hate you and hope you die too.
i support this post

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:12 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2k99 View Post
Oh, so trading Henrik would help this team. Pathetic
i think he meant more along the lines of do henke a favor bc he doesnt deserve to play behind this sort of crap

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jniklast

So let's focus on the positives instead of batheing in misery.

For me it has been:
Replacing Gomez with Gaborik

DZ and Anisimov played solid rookie seasons. DZ especially in the first half, Anisimov picked it up near the end. Anyway they both showed that they can be great contributing players in the future

Christensen has been a solid waiver pickup. He may never be a star, but I hope they re-sign him, if nothing else he can be a stop gap for our prospects.

Which brings me to the next point: Our prospects, especially those in the NCAA, had a great season. the future doesn't look that bad.

We got Prust in a great trade. I really really want him to be re-signed.

We get a decent draft pick. Whether we draft at #10 or #11, I think we can get a solid player out of the draft. No Seguin or Hall, but really, with Lundqvist in goal we will just never finish that low.

And finally: Maybe, just maybe, the Rangers missing the playoffs will get Sather fired. Whether his replacement (Messier?) will be better is another story though, of course.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Block More Shots

Good season boys. Came close but couldn't get it done.

It's easy to absolutely easy to **** on this team right now, but why bother? We went 7-1-2 in our last 10 to make this miraculous run, and fell just short.

I'm not gonna ***** about how I feel as a fan when these players came so close to making the playoffs in such outstanding fashion.

Henrik: Thank you for keeping us in this game.

And, the most important thing of all, you win and lose as a team. Not one person wins you big games. In this case, Henrik went above and beyond what was expected, yet we didn't win the game. The players in front of him needed to give him more support but failed on that many times.

All in all, we didn't come prepared. That was evident in the shot count and work ethic.

And who was it that said those three magic words, "Safe is Death"?

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cherepanisimov

Do you think Dolan knows yet?

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Well thankfully that easily nailed the door shut on Olli getting resigned.

Boy was he a joke after we got him.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:13 PM
BlueHavok

un#@#*^%#believable------Chokenin. I cant believe that went down----I dont know who i want to unleash my fury out at more---torts, sather or myself for believing up until 15 mins ago.

Ugh. Nuff said.

BlueHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rantsi

What a way for Jokinen to end his glorious season! He ruined both Ranger's and Calgary's chances to make the playoffs.

Rantsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Claxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
+1

I'm almost happier they miss the playoffs than make them because of this.

Redden too. Theres going to be a big magnifying glass shoved up your ass this offseason Wade my boy.

Claxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JVR or Bust
Crease Crasher

I understand you guys are upset, but wishing death upon a person is not a mature way of dealing with the situation.

It hurts, I understand...I'm a Leaf fan after all.

JVR or Bust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
crisb

Screw Jokinen. Do a trick move that hardly ever works.

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
azrok22

Bright side: I'm not a season ticket holder paying Dolan thousands of dollars to watch the Rangers play every night this season.

Dim side: I watched the Rangers play every night this season.

azrok22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Now it's obvious that Jokinen will not be re-signed. That savings will go to re-sign Prospal, Staal, and Shelley. Make Prust an offer for 2 years at 1.8M.

It's easy to get on Gaborik, but you have to remember, playing in Minnesota, he rarely ever played in many meaningful games. I hestitate to say he's not a winner, but he's never been on that great of a team. He probably let the pressure get to him.

It's time to fire Tortorella. While he's toned down his act recently, I can't take another season with him behind the bench. Get someone here who can develop players. Staal and Del Zotto can only keep getting better.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I can understand people being upset with Jokinen being selected (even though he is 40% on his career and almost scored), but Gaborik has been awful in shootouts throughout his career, and honestly has been awful since the playoffs came in sight.
gaborik had 7 points in the last six games hardly horrible down the stretch

fact is this team sucks he was amazing this year for putting up that many points when he was the only offensive threat

honestly i would be extremely upset regardless of who took that shot but to have jokinen take it is pathetic

gaborik EARNED the right to be out there he carried us all season and to put it in the hands of a ****ing shmuck like jokinen is absoultely retarded

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Really F Gaborik?? We aren't even in this spot without Gaborik so F you

Matter fact would have been better if we didn't have Gaborik..that way we could get a draft pick in the top 5 and Sather being fired
Gaborik shows up when he wants to. He had an up and down season all year. His numbers are a bit deceiving. Friday night you noticed him. Tonight, he was a ghost. He isn't a game breaker. He has A LOT of talent but he would be more of a compliment star on a team. Relying solely on Gaborik is a far cry away from what we used to rely on (Jagr). When we had Jagr he was a game breaker, took over games, won games on his own. Gaborik doesn't do that. We need to get Kovalchuk in the off season. Gaborik having better numbers than Kovalchuk or not he isn't Kovalchuk. We need a player of that caliber.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:14 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
And the Rangers are back to the place that is most familiar to them. Sather.
You must have missed the bulletin:

Sather has been the best GM since the lockout.

Lots of posters here told me that, so I know it's true.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Puting Jokinen (who has done nothing good for the past 8+ games) out there in the shootout over Gaborik, Dubinsky, Prospal is an absolute error. Torts is an IDIOT for this. Give me a break. Micheletti says "He didn't put Gaborik out there because he's had trouble in shootouts." <<-- I DONT GIVE A FLYING DOG PENIS. The guy scored 42 goals this year. We spent 7.5 million on a GOAL SCORER. Why is he not out there when it comes down to 1 shot. What an absolute mismanagement. ******* you, Tortorella. I now hope he gets fired. What a bonehead.

How about rewarding the guys who have played great down the stretch? Dubinsky had a very good game. Jokinen was INVISIBLE. Gaborik is Gaborik. I would have rather even seen PRUST in there instead of Jokinen and this has nothing to do with hindsight. I said this to my father right as they announced the shootout lineup.

And seriously, Jokinen with that soft pattycake backhand move in that situation? Are you kidding me? Shoot the ****ing puck you ignorant *****. Good riddance Ollie, you big fat joke. Take Torts with you please.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
rangerssharks414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
Do you think Dolan knows yet?
That the Rangers lost? I don't think he even cares.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I understand you guys are upset, but wishing death upon a person is not a mature way of dealing with the situation.

It hurts, I understand...I'm a Leaf fan after all.
i wish half this team dies and i dont care if its mature or not

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote