HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CONFIRMED: Home Playoff Dates and TV Coverage for Round 1

Old
04-12-2010, 11:37 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Worst schedule for me personally. I have a flex day each month and wanted to use it the day after Game 3 or 4. Unfortunately, I have to be at work on Tuesdays and Thursdays so my plan just got blown up.

I really wanted Game 1 to be on Sunday night. ****ing Monday night games...I hate them.
Ditto.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Cruel11

Per Hammond:

Quote:
To answer an important question, I have confirmed that all of the Kings’ first-round games will be televised locally by either Fox Sports West or Prime Ticket. (The exact schedule is expected to be announced today.) The national TV exclusivity doesn’t begin until the second round.

A handful of players are on the ice right now, and media interviews are taking place with others…

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:08 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Per Hammond:
coolio, although I may check out an online feed of the CBC broadcast for the opening of games as they usually put on a great production.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
I wonder if FSN would choose to only due home games seeing as how trips to Canada aren't in "budget" atleast in the regular season.

That would be a total slap in the face for the Kings and their fans.

But I could still see it happening...

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Cruel11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
coolio, although I may check out an online feed of the CBC broadcast for the opening of games as they usually put on a great production.
They always have awesome intros.

Old
04-12-2010, 04:16 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Got my tickets! Sec 218 Row 3, let me know if your near there.

Old
04-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Cruel11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Got my tickets! Sec 218 Row 3, let me know if your near there.
Where did you purchase them from?

Old
04-12-2010, 04:19 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Where did you purchase them from?
Kings ticket office. I purchased them like 3 weeks ago, just got them in the mail.

If anyone is still looking for tickets, stubhub.com has them starting at $33 for home games 1 & 2.

Old
04-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Cruel11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Kings ticket office. I purchased them like 3 weeks ago, just got them in the mail.

If anyone is still looking for tickets, stubhub.com has them starting at $33 for home games 1 & 2.
Is it legit? Last thing I want is for the security to tell me my tickets are fake lol

Old
04-12-2010, 04:28 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

FSN confirmed today that they will be televising all Round 1 games, home and road - all in HD.

So...

If you're in the LA market - Bob Miller and Jim Fox on FSN (Combination of West and Prime Ticket). Versus national telecasts will be blacked out, however Versus will provide coverage of other NHL playoff games to people in the LA area.

If you're outside the LA market in the US - You will only be able to watch the games on Versus when they nationally televise the games. The FSN feeds will be blacked out, even if you have Center Ice. If your cable company does not carry Versus, you'll be out of luck. For games 5 and 7, you'll be able to watch the FSN telecasts on Center Ice assuming Versus does not pick up those games as well.

If you're in Canada: CBC HD will provide national coverage of every game. Jim Hughson for PBP and Craig Simpson for color commentary.

Last edited by TonySCV: 04-12-2010 at 04:35 PM.
TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 04:29 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Is it legit? Last thing I want is for the security to tell me my tickets are fake lol
I will vouch for them. I use them alot for Kings, Clippers, Dodgers, USC Football. It's legit.

Old
04-12-2010, 04:37 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I use StubHub all the time for the occasional Kings game I don't have tickets to and for Dodger games. No problems ever.

Old
04-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Cruel11

Thanks guys. Off to finding me some tickets!

Old
04-12-2010, 05:01 PM
null33

Quote:
Over the years I've used StubHub for a dozen or so Kings games -- PR section, lower bowl, 300s and never a problem until... there was a problem. The tickets were no good at the gate and Kings' customer service couldn't fix it. The STH who'd made the tickets available to StubHub had "forwarded" them to another date.

I called StubHub right away. They couldn't fix it either. They advised me to buy a couple more tickets from the box office -- which they'd reimburse me for -- and they promised to refund what I'd paid for the others.

I was too steamed to buy another couple of tickets (silly, I know), but they refunded what I paid, just as they said they would.

According to the Kings customer service rep, the STH had forwarded FOUR tickets altogether and another couple had been turned away, just as we had been. Naturally, StubHub does not approve of this sort of thing, and it was probably just a snafu, somewhere. But despite that and despite StubHub stepping up and taking care of it, I'm a little skittish about the service.

That said, it's hard to beat their prices. And their ticket purchase system -- which allows you to see what's available before you reserve a seat -- shreds Ticketmaster's "click-and-hope" system.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 08:05 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
FSN confirmed today that they will be televising all Round 1 games, home and road - all in HD.

So...

If you're in the LA market - Bob Miller and Jim Fox on FSN (Combination of West and Prime Ticket). Versus national telecasts will be blacked out, however Versus will provide coverage of other NHL playoff games to people in the LA area.

If you're outside the LA market in the US - You will only be able to watch the games on Versus when they nationally televise the games. The FSN feeds will be blacked out, even if you have Center Ice. If your cable company does not carry Versus, you'll be out of luck. For games 5 and 7, you'll be able to watch the FSN telecasts on Center Ice assuming Versus does not pick up those games as well.

If you're in Canada: CBC HD will provide national coverage of every game. Jim Hughson for PBP and Craig Simpson for color commentary.
So, it doesn't seem that us Kings fans in NH have much of chance in getting these games .

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I am assuming that if you have DirecTV and have the sports package, that gives you all FS channel, including FSWest, then you will be able to listen to Bob & Jim regardless of where you live.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 09:09 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I am assuming that if you have DirecTV and have the sports package, that gives you all FS channel, including FSWest, then you will be able to listen to Bob & Jim regardless of where you live.
Well, we have Directv and Center Ice....I guess I still don't get whether we will get the Kings games or not.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 09:30 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Thank god all are on FSN and non on Prime Ticket. We don't get PT in San Diego (on Time Warner). I was about to go balletic. So happy we get to watch/listen to Bob and Jim. I hate games no Vs.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKFAN View Post
Well, we have Directv and Center Ice....I guess I still don't get whether we will get the Kings games or not.
That is the boat I am in. I have DirecTV and Center Ice. Luckily we have Versus now, but it sounds like we will be missing the FSWest feeds, and I am unsure if we will get all of them. DirecTV does have a sports package for an extra $12.99 a month that gives you every Fox Sports channel in the country, which includes FSWest/Bob&Jim. So, assuming those will likely be good to go regardless of any blackout, it might be a good investment for a couple of months. I want to hear Bob announce all the games possible anyway. Just isn't the same otherwise...

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 02:26 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Ahlers haters rejoice. You apparently dodged a bullet.

According to this tweet: http://twitter.com/LightningShout/status/12071117241

Rick Peckham and Daryl Reaugh will do the Versus games for LA/Vancouver and Detroit/Phoenix.

Given how Versus has handled the West games in the past with simulcasts of Canadian feeds for games in Canada, here's what I'd expect:

Games 1 and 2: Versus simulcast of the CBC feed. Jim Hughson PBP / Craig Simpson Color / Scott Oake reporter
Games 3 and 4: Versus production. Rick Peckham PBP / Daryl Reaugh color / Lindsay Soto reporter
Game 5: No Versus coverage. FSN West will be available on Center Ice.
Game 6: Versus production. Rick Peckham PBP / Daryl Reaugh color / Lindsay Soto reporter
Game 7: No Versus coverage. FSN West will be available on Center Ice.

Surprising that they'd shuttle Peckham all the way to the west coast to do games when John Ahlers has done work for Versus in the past and has no playoff obligations for the Ducks, but there you go.

Reaugh is awesome. That's all that needs to be said about him. Phoenix, Detroit and LA are lucky to get him.

LA TV market: FSN for all 7 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I have DirecTV and Center Ice. Luckily we have Versus now, but it sounds like we will be missing the FSWest feeds, and I am unsure if we will get all of them. DirecTV does have a sports package for an extra $12.99 a month that gives you every Fox Sports channel in the country, which includes FSWest/Bob&Jim. So, assuming those will likely be good to go regardless of any blackout, it might be a good investment for a couple of months. I want to hear Bob announce all the games possible anyway. Just isn't the same otherwise...
Let me try to clear it up. I wish it wasn't so complicated:

Outside of the LA TV market: Versus only for Games 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6. Live games on FSN West will be blacked out - regardless of whether or not you subscribe to Center Ice or the Sports Pack. Games 5 and 7 will have the FSN feed available on Center Ice.

In the LA market: FSN for all 7 games. Versus coverage will be blacked out. Versus will air other NHL playoff games instead in the LA area.

Now, the exception to all of this is replays. If Versus doesn't exercise an exclusivity blackout on replays (and they usually do not), then you WILL be able to view any FSN replays of the game that air later in the evening or the next day if you subscribe to DirecTV's Sports Pack or a package that includes FSN West/Prime Ticket on Dish Network or cable. So while you'll be stuck watching Versus for the live game, you can catch the replay on FSN assuming they air one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Thank god all are on FSN and non on Prime Ticket. We don't get PT in San Diego (on Time Warner). I was about to go balletic. So happy we get to watch/listen to Bob and Jim. I hate games no Vs.
Unfortunately some games may air on Prime Ticket due to conflicts. Fox Sports has already warned that the games will likely be split between FSN West and FSN Prime Ticket.

Last edited by TonySCV: 04-13-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old
04-13-2010, 04:30 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

It's official:

In the LA area (and particularly good news for fans in San Diego since they only get FSN West and not Prime Ticket), every Kings game will air on FSN West HD in Round 1. No games will air on Prime Ticket.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...s-west-hd.html

LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Kings’ first round NHL Stanley Cup Playoff series versus the Vancouver Canucks will be broadcast on FS West in HD, the Kings announced today.

Kings broadcasters Bob Miller and Jim Fox will call the action, and Heidi Androl will join the broadcasting team in Vancouver. Androl and Patrick O’Neal will continue their broadcasting duties for the postseason games at STAPLES Center.

Date Opponent Time TV/Radio Information
Thu Apr 15, 2010 at Vancouver 7 p.m. FS West, CBC, Versus | AM 570 KLAC | Kings Talk
Sat Apr 17, 2010 at Vancouver 7 p.m. FS West, CBC, Versus | AM 570 KLAC
Mon Apr 19, 2010 Vancouver 7 p.m. FS West, CBC, Versus | AM 570 KLAC | Kings Talk
Wed Apr 21, 2010 Vancouver 7 p.m. FS West, CBC, Versus | AM 570 KLAC | Kings Talk
Fri Apr 23, 2010 at Vancouver 7 p.m. FS West, CBC | AM 570 KLAC
Sun Apr 25, 2010 Vancouver TBD FS West, CBC, Versus | AM 570 KLAC | Kings Talk
Tue Apr 27, 2010 at Vancouver TBD FS West, CBC | AM 570 KLAC

The Kings are scheduled to practice as follows (subject to change):
Tomorrow, Wednesday, at 10 a.m. (TSC) before departing for Vancouver that afternoon
Thursday, GM Place, at 11:30 a.m. – game day
Friday, GM Place, at 1:30 p.m.
Saturday, GM Place, at 11:30 a.m. – game day; depart for Los Angeles following game
Sunday, at 4 p.m., TSC
Monday, at 10 a.m., TSC – game day
Tuesday, April 20 – at 4 p.m., TSC
Wednesday, April 21, at 10 a.m., TSC – game day

The Kings will also be hosting a number of TV Watch Parties at ESPN Zone at L.A. LIVE and Hooters Restaurants. For all information, visit LAKings.com/playoffs.

The Kings radio schedule, which was announced yesterday, features all Kings first-round games on KLAC AM 570 and along the Kings Radio Network.

Last edited by TonySCV: 04-13-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old
04-13-2010, 06:41 PM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
Since I do not get the Fox Sports channels in HD I hope we count as out of market even though FSW is the "local" channel.

The VEGASKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

mmmm Heidi on the road too

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 07:53 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Worst schedule for me personally. I have a flex day each month and wanted to use it the day after Game 3 or 4. Unfortunately, I have to be at work on Tuesdays and Thursdays so my plan just got blown up.

I really wanted Game 1 to be on Sunday night. ****ing Monday night games...I hate them.
Same here, I am the one given the meetings 7am tues and thurs so I got to make them.....it would have been pretty sweet to tailgate sunday with all of us together

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 07:58 PM
yankeeking

Just got great news my wife and daughters are going to Taylor Swift at Staples on thursday and I might have to drive them and wait since they don't drive the freeways, so out of the goodness of my heart I will drive and wait at one of the watch parties till its over (as long as she pays for the beer)

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote