HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Burke's Presser

Old
04-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Daisy Jane
Busy Leafy Summer ♥

vCash: 500
I am not commenting on the team prior to January 31st. The team prior to 31st should have gotten the job done. I remember when they were like 5 points away from a playoff spot and they crashed and burned again.

The team after January 31st, even taking account a few stinker games, were miles better. You can not dispute that. Burke and Wilson even said that most of the team were 100 percent completely gassed. We could see it.

And as zeke as pointed out several times, this notion that the Leafs always play well in March isn't so at all. However - I do choose to believe that with this group, with them being so young and the core of this team without anyone* from previous years this late season surge is different. Insert key pickups and and using the experience that was cultivated, I don't see it as BS to think

A: a playoff spot is out of the question, or
B: part of a master plan of Burke.

I could be wrong. But, I choose to err on the side of optimism with this team, and in 6 months we'll see. [well later than that because of course the first true test will be the first 2 months of the season. Clearly they can't lose 7 in a row, and 10 of 13].

Daisy Jane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 07:21 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

I like how the leafs beat Buf for the first time in what 11 games. I like how media says oh its the end of the season it does not count. Now when the leafs are winning in Oct the media will say oh wait these games do not count wait until the spring.

TeamBester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Daisy Jane
Busy Leafy Summer ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post
I like how the leafs beat Buf for the first time in what 11 games. I like how media says oh its the end of the season it does not count. Now when the leafs are winning in Oct the media will say oh wait these games do not count wait until the spring.

it's the games in the middle. those are the ones that count!

Honestly, every game counts imo. Just as the Rangers.

Daisy Jane is online now   Reply With Quote