HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Schenn

Old
04-12-2010, 09:22 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewind Dale View Post
Hard to tell with some of these kids.
Firstly, I love your Avatar man, Awesome,

Secondly, this trade makes sense in a number of ways, Ryans a stud PF, couple that with a sniper in Kessel and youve got a dangerous first line, my only concern with that is your giving away Schenn, now mind you Ryans a big return, but winning will always start from the blueline out, and 2 top4 d who are both already under 26 is a good place to start IMO, it might be more prudent to trade kabarle to a team willing to give up some assests then maybe make a run at ryan otherwise id say let him go

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 09:28 PM
HockeyAustralia

He's not getting traded. Burke wouldn't trade this kid for Hedman, why would he trade him for Ryan?

HockeyAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Dutch Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
We would be completely out of our mind to even consider Kopitar being traded for Schenn + players/picks..

Anze Kopitar is going to become a top 10 forward in the league and trust me I'm a leafs and kings fan so I've seen my share of games.
Kopitar has talent, but the guy's a floater - not really the type of guy you want on a contending team... I think he bombs in the playoffs.

Dutch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 09:34 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAustralia View Post
He's not getting traded. Burke wouldn't trade this kid for Hedman, why would he trade him for Ryan?
He would have traded him for the 2nd pick to draft tavares, if Hedman was available lightning weren't trading it

Old
04-12-2010, 09:44 PM
HockeyAustralia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
He would have traded him for the 2nd pick to draft tavares, if Hedman was available lightning weren't trading it
No way. Burke was never going to put Schenn in a deal.

Trading a bulb before it blossoms is exactly what has killed the culture of this team in season's past (because you never know how brightly it will bloom). Its a desperate move that will only come back to haunt you in a few years.

HockeyAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 10:00 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAustralia View Post
No way. Burke was never going to put Schenn in a deal.

Trading a bulb before it blossoms is exactly what has killed the culture of this team in season's past (because you never know how brightly it will bloom). Its a desperate move that will only come back to haunt you in a few years.
Dude theres a video of him and Nonis at the draft last summer on tape with him saying, " the lightning said we could trade with them but I would look like a fool trading Schenn and not getting tavares"

Just saying

Old
04-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Cap'n Flavour

Send a message via ICQ to Cap'n Flavour Send a message via MSN to Cap'n Flavour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewind Dale View Post
As for passing. You'll do nothing of the sort because you have no control over who Burke brings in. You can only support the team.
According to you if I make enough 'Schenn sucks' posts he'll get super sensitive about it and want to leave, or did you already forget the nonsense you were spewing a few pages ago?

Cap'n Flavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 10:46 PM
IWD
Playoff-hardened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Flavour View Post
According to you if I make enough 'Schenn sucks' posts he'll get super sensitive about it and want to leave, or did you already forget the nonsense you were spewing a few pages ago?
I didn't say that Schenn will want to leave. Maybe you need to work on that reading comprehension a little? I guess ignorance really is bliss.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 10:52 PM
NoTouchIcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
Dude theres a video of him and Nonis at the draft last summer on tape with him saying, " the lightning said we could trade with them but I would look like a fool trading Schenn and not getting tavares"

Just saying
Can you post it please?

NoTouchIcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 11:25 PM
WTFMAN99

Stop making these threads. Its not happening, don't even think it.

WTFMAN99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 01:15 AM
Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Dreams View Post
What?
Hawk=Matt Greene
Animal=Andrew Macwilliam

Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 02:03 AM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Flavour View Post
Haha, talk about an inflated sense of self-importance. If there are seriously players who read these boards every day and cry about it I'll just pass on having their easily bruised egos on the team.

Next you're going to be telling me that Schenn reads youtube comments and gets upset about them.
Lets look at the flipside of your argument here. What exactly are you gaining by setting up Schenn proposals? Are Burke and the Ducks brass scanning the Internet for trade scenarios? Do you think the constant selling of Schenn does anything other than give the fanbase a reason to dislike the player?

Last edited by iPunch: 04-13-2010 at 02:40 AM.
iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 10:23 AM
weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Dreams View Post
Kopitar has talent, but the guy's a floater - not really the type of guy you want on a contending team... I think he bombs in the playoffs.
Kopitar is not a floater. He's actually turned into a good two way player that can be counted on playing in basically any situation. Maybe it appears this way because he's very smooth on the ice but he certainly isnt someone that is dogging it defensively or cherry picking for offence.

weems is online now   Reply With Quote