HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2g 1a, +3 for eberle today

Old
04-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFiend View Post
Just because a player isn't that great in the NHL, doesn't mean they are bad in the AHL either.
That's what she said!

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Interesting stat, Eberle had a 25% shooting in his time with the Falcons. I'm sure that he could keep that up for a full year. Also he only had 24 shots in 11 games. There still seems like there's stuff that he can work on at the AHL level next year although a really good offseason of training could go a long ways into speeding up his time line to be an Oiler.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:21 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
And how is Linglet doing? There is a difference between the AHL and the NHL, some players can never bridge that gap. The bottom line is that Linglet and Minard are both very good AHL players and since Eberle is currently playing in the AHL it is relevant don't you think? BTW-Wiseman doesn't appear to be much of a slouch himself.
The question is how did Minard and Linglet do at the AHL level at age 19?

Obviously the NHL is a better league but comparing players that have many use of pro experience with a 19 year old kid is not a fair comparision either.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
The question is how did Minard and Linglet do at the AHL level at age 19?

Obviously the NHL is a better league but comparing players that have many use of pro experience with a 19 year old kid is not a fair comparision either.
Read the post that I quoted, someone was saying that Minard sucks, I said that he is great at the AHL level, if you read further along in the thread you will have seen where I made mention of the younger you are and putting up points the better of a chance for you to become an NHLer. At no point in time did I compare Eberle to those players.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote