HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could the Leafs go after Semin?

Old
04-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Kesselisboss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashkovich View Post
why did you quote me? What I said was irrelevant..
Sorry i thought i was quoting something else and didnt realize it haha my bad.

Kesselisboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Tequila Stud

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=WAS

There is a LOT of people they need to resign, or replace. The general consensus (especially among their fans) is that they're going to shop Semin around for Defensive help.

Tequila Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Kesselisboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequila Stud View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=WAS

There is a LOT of people they need to resign, or replace. The general consensus (especially among their fans) is that they're going to shop Semin around for Defensive help.
They dont have fans lol...they have people from other cities who go on their boards and talk about them because they are good. Semin doesnt leave unless the offer is unbeilevable...

Kesselisboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habby93 View Post
Semin is a natural LW even though he played RW for most of the season. He can play with Kessel. The leafs however will need to trade alot for him. We will need to give up prospects and kaberle or schenn.

To Tor:
Semin
Salary dump (any player)

To Was:
Kaberle or Schenn(if schenn then only 2 prospect)
Grabovski
Stalberg
4 mid level prospects (if schenn is not included then 4 prospects )
mid level prospects: Kenny Ryan, Phillipe Paradis, Jesse Blacker, Jerry D'amigo, Mikhail Stefanovich, Chris DiDomenico)
That's an absolutely HORRIBLE trade on our end... Semin is good, but he's not even worth that much, Kessel has higher than Semin potential and he only cost 2 1sts and a 2nd.

This deal mortgages our future for 1 player who will demand huge money.

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Snipeshow

I would love it if the Leafs traded for Semin.

But it's not going to happen.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Kadri Fan View Post
That's an absolutely HORRIBLE trade on our end... Semin is good, but he's not even worth that much, Kessel has higher than Semin potential and he only cost 2 1sts and a 2nd.

Semin is better than Kessel.

Old
04-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselisboss View Post
Your insane if you ever ever ever ever ever think that Kaberle and grabo can get a superstar like semin? GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE. THEY WOULD NEVER DO IT. Semin is a 50 goal scorer hiding behing the best goal scorer in the league...if hes running the show things change. and what they get grabo and Kaberle for him? If you hadnt noticed anaheim thinks that kaberle and grabo for bobby Ryan is a complete rip off...so you think that you can get that for a better player? honestly id do the four prospect thing (though its impossible).. You guys may think that these players are great but we managed to get them for nothing....Kaberle Stalberg plus 4 prospects for a superstar in the league...i do. Why do we think that 4 guys who may not do anything and an old defencemen is worth one of the best players in the league....you guys are nuts.
I made my views clear initially that I would not be interested in aquiring semin, i believe that his value far outstrips his value to the leafs. It would be great to have an additional consistant 30-40goal scorer on our team, however I dont think he is physical or defensively sound to be worth stripping our entire prospect pool for.

I definately think that a trade centered around #2 PMD defenseman and a 2nd line centerman for a top line winger could be worked out. We would probobly have to add something minor, but definately not stalberg and 4 prospects. thats insane.

Last edited by Paladin2799: 04-12-2010 at 02:25 AM.
Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:14 AM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Semin is better than Kessel.
he did say potential..

JacobimMugatu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 04:10 AM
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habby93 View Post
Semin is a natural LW even though he played RW for most of the season. He can play with Kessel. The leafs however will need to trade alot for him. We will need to give up prospects and kaberle or schenn.

To Tor:
Semin
Salary dump (any player)

To Was:
Kaberle or Schenn(if schenn then only 2 prospect)
Grabovski
Stalberg
4 mid level prospects (if schenn is not included then 4 prospects )
mid level prospects: Kenny Ryan, Phillipe Paradis, Jesse Blacker, Jerry D'amigo, Mikhail Stefanovich, Chris DiDomenico)

This reminds me of NHL 96 where I could trade one entire team for another entire team.

"TRADE ACCEPTED!"

Last edited by Ratboy: 04-12-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 04:16 AM
TheProspector

The price of Semin is probably two of Kadri, Kessel & Kaberle. You don't take a guy who scores 40G/44A=84P in 73GP from the top team in the league on the cheap. Only a GREAT deal that helps them now is going to shake him out of there.

TheProspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Jerkini

Why go after Semin when we can sign the better play in Kovalchuk instead?

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 07:58 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

why would the caps trade him? he's part of their success, they keep him for next season and let him walk in the offseason if they cant afford to sign him.

i know its important to have good asset management, but lets not forget that the end game of each NHL season is to win the stanley cup.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 08:15 AM
hockeystick89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Kadri Fan View Post

I don't know, the Semin of this year is a much more complete player than years passed. He's actually turned into a pretty decent defensive forward often playing on the first pk unit, he's got a better shot than kessel(not as good of a snapper though), probably equal hands, and almost the same top speed(maybe a it slower). I'm just not sure where everyone sees Kessel's potential, or what his ceiling is.

hockeystick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 08:41 AM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Cousineau View Post
Based on this retarded logic that means that Crosby's trade value is...the entire league.
hahaha....

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 08:45 AM
daveleaf

We need one of the Staal boys. My pick is Jordan. I want that big tough kid that will go through a wall. What does he have this year, 25goals, as a third line centre? Semin is flashy but give me steady, sit in front of the net when the playoffs get tight and get those two foot goals. If you want to mortgage the future then go big for like Crosby.

Jordan Staal!

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

We already have a pure sniper. Two pure snipers on one line together would be a terrible waste with no play maker.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashkovich View Post
he did say potential..
I know..

Old
04-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeystick89 View Post
I don't know, the Semin of this year is a much more complete player than years passed. He's actually turned into a pretty decent defensive forward often playing on the first pk unit, he's got a better shot than kessel(not as good of a snapper though), probably equal hands, and almost the same top speed(maybe a it slower). I'm just not sure where everyone sees Kessel's potential, or what his ceiling is.
I agree, Kessel may never be as good as Semin.
But the proposed deal is crazy expensive, we're giving up Kaberle, Stalberg, Grabovski AND 4 prospects out of this list: Kenny Ryan, Phillipe Paradis, Jesse Blacker, Jerry D'amigo, Mikhail Stefanovich, Chris DiDomenico.

If we equate Kaberle to a first round pick, and Stalberg to a 2nd (which is fair), Grabovski to a 3rd, and all of the listed mid level prospects as 2nd rounders... we are giving up, in theory, a first round pick, 5 2nd rounders, and a 3rd. More than that, we are emptying the prospect pool. Any of the listed guys could became impact NHL players. And the worst thing about it all is that Semin will demand huge money once his contract is up, think 6mil+, which is a waste IMO because we have over 5mil per invested in a player who plays a very similar game.

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:03 PM
mooseOAK*

A friend of mine has a close relative on the Capitals and there is Semin and then there is the rest of the team. He has some of what could delicately be called "character issues".

Probably not a Burke guy.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:06 PM
gabeliscious

i dont think we could trade for semin but i think he might not want to resign in washington after this season. i suppose its possible we can sign him?

personally i like the kabs, stalberg, + 4 ****** prospects. lol.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:09 PM
BlueMapleDawg

He's not a team player. He's going to want way too much money.

No thanks to Semin. He's talented but he's just a headache.

BlueMapleDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:47 PM
hockeystick89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
A friend of mine has a close relative on the Capitals and there is Semin and then there is the rest of the team. He has some of what could delicately be called "character issues".

Probably not a Burke guy.
While there's absolutely no way to validate this, I wouldn't be surprised. I think we have enough temperamental guys in Kessel, Phaneuf, Grabo, and maybe Kadri.

hockeystick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:25 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
While there's absolutely no way to validate this, I wouldn't be surprised. I think we have enough temperamental guys in Kessel, Phaneuf, Grabo, and maybe Kadri.
i am yet to see that side of paneuf unless i am oblivious. to be honest i havent really seen that side in kessel either. grabo has had some incidents in practice and that bar fight during the olympics (lol) but even grabs doesnt seem like he is that difficult to deal with from a management perspective. i havent heard any issues of him not being well liked either but i dont see him as being included on hansons email list for movie night.

with respect to kadri i highly doubt he will be a problem at all. i feel like when they are that fresh burke and wilson will have no problem breaking them in. i dont anticipate headcase like problems out of kadri at all.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
This is how I read them through the TV.

Kessel might be a bit of a flake. Shy guy, quiet, doesn't get much humor.

Phaneuf doesn't find anything funny, and is happy to tell you so. He'd be the guy your always watching yourself around, but when he's in a good mood, he's a great guy. Nothing every team in the league doesn't have a couple of.

Grabo is just a bit off the wall. He does bizarre things, and you don't know why. Not a bad guy, but he might do thiongs that make you turn your face as if you don't know that guy.

Kadri? I have no idea why you might feel he's tempermental. Maybe a bit selfish, but he's not the 1st junior player to be like that.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 06:21 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselisboss View Post
Your insane if you ever ever ever ever ever think that Kaberle and grabo can get a superstar like semin? GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE. THEY WOULD NEVER DO IT. Semin is a 50 goal scorer hiding behing the best goal scorer in the league...if hes running the show things change. and what they get grabo and Kaberle for him? If you hadnt noticed anaheim thinks that kaberle and grabo for bobby Ryan is a complete rip off...so you think that you can get that for a better player? honestly id do the four prospect thing (though its impossible).. You guys may think that these players are great but we managed to get them for nothing....Kaberle Stalberg plus 4 prospects for a superstar in the league...i do. Why do we think that 4 guys who may not do anything and an old defencemen is worth one of the best players in the league....you guys are nuts.
agreed...kaberle is hugely over-rated by leafs fans and grabovski is not even worth talking about,,,the leafs dont have the assets to acquire semin...if kessel is worth 2 firsts and a second then how many picks is semin worth? 84 pts in 73 games 26 years old and 40 goals in 3 more games than kessel played...granted semin is a bit older but still very much approaching his prime.

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote