HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

This season: satisfied or dissatisfied ?

View Poll Results: How do you feel about this season ?
Very satisfied 4 1.81%
Satisfied 55 24.89%
Neutral 78 35.29%
Dissatisfied 63 28.51%
Very dissatisfied 21 9.50%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-14-2010, 10:18 AM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
As much as you can't fault a person with down syndrome for being a slow learner, you can't fault the habs for being as mediocre as they are.

The players are not guilty of under-performing and therefore I am satisfied with them.

Now, if the make-up of this team was one of a winner - than I would be completely dissatisfied with the results of this season. But it's not the case...

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 10:24 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
as much of an impression they have made, and as impressive as they are for a team being rebuild in 1 offseason, I still think the Habs should have traded Price or Halak at the deadline for a Top10 pick, if we manage to do so later on draft day I will no longer be dissatisfied.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
as much of an impression they have made, and as impressive as they are for a team being rebuild in 1 offseason, I still think the Habs should have traded Price or Halak at the deadline for a Top10 pick, if we manage to do so later on draft day I will no longer be dissatisfied.
Value of 1 of the goalies to this team > top 10 pick.

People should stop being so enamored with picks. If we're trading a goalie for youth, I'd want a prospect with high-end upside that's at least a year removed from his draft year, not a pick.

We can't afford to drop such a valuable asset without getting some form of safe return on it.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 10:32 AM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

With all the off-season changes I think we did as good as we possibly could have. It takes time for players to find rhythm with one another, and it doesn't help when players go down with injuries and we have call-ups with us for the better part of the season. This team is always going to need a big center and we have needed that for a long time. With Gomez locked up long-term that is the biggest we will get down the middle, and with Pleks looking for a contract, we can't afford to let him walk because there is no one with size available this off-season anyway. So we better just hope this team gets the chemistry going next season and can burn teams with speed and hope that we can get some players with size on the wing.

SNM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 01:03 PM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawa General View Post
It's amazing how the fans have lowered their expectations in this city
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
We were at one little point from a pretty catastrophic season. One damn little point.. that we got in the last game of the season.. against the Leafs in a LOSS.
See above

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Injuries aside, if you look at the grand scheme of things like the scale of the overhaul and the speed of the rebuild, it's remarkable this team is in the playoffs after the changes it went through. Expectations must have been unreasonable for anyone to be disappointed with the results, which is making it to the playoffs.
Yes because only half the league makes it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKmtl View Post
I'll vote after the playoffs, because that's what matters to me, not the regular season.
See above.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 01:46 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post

Yes because only half the league makes it

Yes and with the science experiment that went on last season coupled with our injuries, I'm stunned we're in the upper half. You expected a President's cup?

Playoffs haven't started yet and people are already disappointed.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Joe Cole

In my eyes, the Habs were not a contender before July 1 2009, nor were they on Oct 1 2009 after all the signings. I just did not like the composition of the team, still do not.

I think individually, the players Gainey picked up are all good. But together, they did not address what I thought needed to be addressed.

The fact that they squeaked into the playoffs did not surprise me at all. It is where I slotted them, from 7th place to 10th. So, nothing great.

There were exciting moments in the season, but overall, I would have preferred another lineup, and think it would have gotten us better results. So, I am neutral. They did what I expected in the season.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote