HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Off-Season 2010 Thread (All general speculation/blog rumors/proposals in here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2010, 11:24 PM
  #276
Palinka
Registered User
 
Palinka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Of his top 40, he lists three as potential CBJ targets: Frolov, Ponikaroffski, and Guerin.

Not enthused by any of them; but, since it's Eklund, I'm not too worried.
A number of moves would have to be made for either of the first two to make any sense.

Bill Guerin is a possibility in the Mike Peca sense. In other words, "Hey, it's August 27th and you don't have a contract. Why don't you come play with us for a year for $1 million?"

Palinka is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 02:24 AM
  #277
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,978
vCash: 152
Habs fan here, heard you guys need some D help. Was wondering if a deal based around Umberger and Hamrlik from montreal can be made? I'd assume it's close but montreal would have to add a pick or a decent prospect(no subban/price stuff i guess) to make it work. Is it possible?

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 10:55 AM
  #278
Xoggz22
HFB Partner
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Habs fan here, heard you guys need some D help. Was wondering if a deal based around Umberger and Hamrlik from montreal can be made? I'd assume it's close but montreal would have to add a pick or a decent prospect(no subban/price stuff i guess) to make it work. Is it possible?
Prepare for pain.... You're coming to this neck of the woods asking for a fan favorite and solid 2nd/3rd line guy for a fairly useless d-man at this point in his career. Try Hamrlik for Clark although with Hamrlik's salary that won't likely do either. We're not looking to take on salary or mediocre d-men. sorry...I'm trying to be as nice as possible. Others on here....get ready to fry!

Kind of like columbus asking for Markov for say Commodore. different level but I hope you get the point.

Xoggz22 is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 11:19 AM
  #279
Monk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,285
vCash: 500
Umberger is captain material, worth more to us than to you. You'd have to overpay to get him.

Monk is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 11:47 AM
  #280
kshymkiw
Registered User
 
kshymkiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 971
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Habs fan here, heard you guys need some D help. Was wondering if a deal based around Umberger and Hamrlik from montreal can be made? I'd assume it's close but montreal would have to add a pick or a decent prospect(no subban/price stuff i guess) to make it work. Is it possible?
Markov for Commodore - deal?

kshymkiw is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 08:05 PM
  #281
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,978
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Prepare for pain.... You're coming to this neck of the woods asking for a fan favorite and solid 2nd/3rd line guy for a fairly useless d-man at this point in his career. Try Hamrlik for Clark although with Hamrlik's salary that won't likely do either. We're not looking to take on salary or mediocre d-men. sorry...I'm trying to be as nice as possible. Others on here....get ready to fry!

Kind of like columbus asking for Markov for say Commodore. different level but I hope you get the point.
Hamrlik is pretty decent but I understand where you're coming from 100%. Was just seeing the value of umberger. I heard you guys were looking for a top 4 D and was willing to balance it out with some picks. I wasn't aware umberger was a fan favourite, in that case, I understand 100%, even if he wasn't, it was close to impossible to happening. Sorry for the trouble guys, and thanks for the replies!

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 08:15 PM
  #282
leesmith
Still in.
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Hamrlik is pretty decent but I understand where you're coming from 100%. Was just seeing the value of umberger. I heard you guys were looking for a top 4 D and was willing to balance it out with some picks. I wasn't aware umberger was a fan favourite, in that case, I understand 100%, even if he wasn't, it was close to impossible to happening. Sorry for the trouble guys, and thanks for the replies!
Notice the big difference between Habs fans and Leafs fans!

leesmith is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 01:33 AM
  #283
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 7,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Or a package of Sharp and Bolland. You know, the help the Hawks with their cap issues.

By the way, does Chicago still seem as foolish for going all in to win a Cup this season now?
Yes, Hossa is a curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Versteeg, too?

Byfuglien, Bolland, Sharp, Versteeg: we'll take any/all.
Any interest in RFA Ben Eager? Yeah he isn't anything special like the other players mentioned but he will crash and bang and will get you momemtum. Last playoffs, he was a key player against the Canucks. This season aswell, played well against the Canucks. He was also the player that got the crowd/team back in it in game 4 when the Sharks took a 2-0 lead. The coach put him on the ice for him to throw his body around and the place got loud after he made a nice hit. In the past he fought, not sure now. If he still fights, he can be our tough guy and we would let Boll walk. Or is Dorsett/Boll our version of Ben Eager?

punk_o_holic is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 10:37 AM
  #284
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
I tend to think Eager is superior to Boll now and in the future but Dorsett should end up as a better player. Regardless Eager would be awesome to have on this team for the 4th line with Murray down low.

Doug19 is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 11:14 AM
  #285
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
They can still be pointed and laughed at for the Huet deal. I'm just wondering how many folks really thought Niemi was going to be a playoff goaltender.

That said, it's working, so, hey, good for them.
I did. He helped me win my fantasy hockey league.

CapnCornelius is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 06:27 AM
  #286
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
You know Frolov or Ponikoaroffski wouldn't be bad a bad option for the second line assuming we could move Huselius somewhere and one of them would switch to RW and if either of them were willing to come here for under 3 mil a season. (I know Ponikoaroffski played the RW on the PP in Pittsburgh.)


Nash - Vermette - Voracek
Filatov - Brassard - Ponikoaroffski/Frolov
Clark - Pahlsson - Umberger
Mayorov/Boll - Murray - Dorsett

^ Doesn't look horrible and we save some cash to boot.
Ponikarovski and Frolov definitely not. One "better" than second. Points are not all.

IMHO it would not good to be rash with trades (besides getting an excelent defensive defensman as Volchenkov). Look at Rangers and Tampa, they bought, bought before season and...

The lines could be:

Huselius - Brassard - Nash
Filatov - Vermette - Voráček
Umberger - Pahlsson - Mayorov (Maxim can play on the right wing too)
Boll - Murray - Dorsett

early trade Clark.

and during the season we can eventually append our team. What we need is improve our defense. We have talented players to offensive, only use their potential.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 07:21 AM
  #287
Macster
Registered User
 
Macster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Ponikarovski and Frolov definitely not. One "better" than second. Points are not all.

IMHO it would not good to be rash with trades (besides getting an excelent defensive defensman as Volchenkov). Look at Rangers and Tampa, they bought, bought before season and...

The lines could be:

Huselius - Brassard - Nash
Filatov - Vermette - Voráček
Umberger - Pahlsson - Mayorov (Maxim can play on the right wing too)
Boll - Murray - Dorsett

early trade Clark.

and during the season we can eventually append our team. What we need is improve our defense. We have talented players to offensive, only use their potential.
There aren't many teams that would take Clark, even though he is in his last year of his contract. Let's be honest, he is paid quite a lot for what he brings, and I think having him start the season will really help in the leadership department. Asking him to get vocal in a room that he joined half way through the year wasn't fair. He could be more valuable to us than anything we;d get in a trade.

And Mayorov seems like the kind of guy who would be out of his element if he wasn't in the top six.

Macster is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 07:39 AM
  #288
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust
 
Raikkonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Russia
Posts: 4,312
vCash: 500
Hi guys!

What would you say about trading with Washington?

For example:

Fedor Tyutin + 2nd-round pick
for
Jeff Schultz + Tomas Fleischmann + some later pick maybe


or just Tyutin for Schultz straight?

Raikkonen is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 09:08 AM
  #289
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 23,537
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruProf View Post
Hi guys!

What would you say about trading with Washington?

For example:

Fedor Tyutin + 2nd-round pick
for
Jeff Schultz + Tomas Fleischmann + some later pick maybe


or just Tyutin for Schultz straight?
Awkward 'cause they're both RFAs and I'm not sure what kind of contracts they can expect... but it sounds interesting.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards_____________________________
Joining The Battle as We Fight, We March With Us Carrying The Hardcore Hockey Flag All Out All Season 'cause you Gotta See It Ignite The Night Live at Jackets Time
Viqsi is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 09:31 AM
  #290
kshymkiw
Registered User
 
kshymkiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 971
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruProf View Post
Hi guys!

What would you say about trading with Washington?

For example:

Fedor Tyutin + 2nd-round pick
for
Jeff Schultz + Tomas Fleischmann + some later pick maybe


or just Tyutin for Schultz straight?
While I would hate to see Tyutin go, Schultz is an interesting pick up in this deal. I don't know if he is truly as good as his numbers lead you to believe.

At any rate, would you rather do Klesla for Schultz?

kshymkiw is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 10:18 AM
  #291
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."
 
CBJSprague24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 52mi from the Nat
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post
At any rate, would you rather do Klesla for Schultz?
Done. Please do it, Washington.


Last edited by CBJSprague24: 05-26-2010 at 12:23 PM.
CBJSprague24 is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 11:25 AM
  #292
kshymkiw
Registered User
 
kshymkiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 971
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Done. Please do it.
I agree. Hence why I asked.

kshymkiw is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 05:09 PM
  #293
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,366
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
I heard this on the radio the other day (apparently they were scooping the Toronto Star, but I'm too lazy to look it up)

To Ottawa:

Derick Brassard
4th overall selection in 2010 draft

To Columbus:

Jason Spezza

----

a-yep.

Matthew is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 05:26 PM
  #294
Pluckfur
Registered User
 
Pluckfur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I heard this on the radio the other day (apparently they were scooping the Toronto Star, but I'm too lazy to look it up)

To Ottawa:

Derick Brassard
4th overall selection in 2010 draft

To Columbus:

Jason Spezza

----

a-yep.
icky.

Pluckfur is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 06:31 PM
  #295
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."
 
CBJSprague24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 52mi from the Nat
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I heard this on the radio the other day (apparently they were scooping the Toronto Star, but I'm too lazy to look it up)

To Ottawa:

Derick Brassard
4th overall selection in 2010 draft

To Columbus:

Jason Spezza

----

a-yep.
Was this a rumor or somebody throwing stuff up against the wall to see if it would stick?

CBJSprague24 is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 06:42 PM
  #296
Samkow
Global Moderator
Rookie User
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 14,937
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Was this a rumor or somebody throwing stuff up against the wall to see if it would stick?
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../14050741.html

Apparently, people seem to have confused the words "speculation" and "rumor"

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 07:18 PM
  #297
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I heard this on the radio the other day (apparently they were scooping the Toronto Star, but I'm too lazy to look it up)

To Ottawa:

Derick Brassard
4th overall selection in 2010 draft

To Columbus:

Jason Spezza

----

a-yep.


With these owners? Not a snowball's chance in you know where.

CapnCornelius is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 07:28 PM
  #298
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 23,537
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post


With these owners? Not a snowball's chance in you know where.
Owners, hell. With this GM, not a snowflake's chance.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 03:04 AM
  #299
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster View Post
There aren't many teams that would take Clark, even though he is in his last year of his contract. Let's be honest, he is paid quite a lot for what he brings, and I think having him start the season will really help in the leadership department. Asking him to get vocal in a room that he joined half way through the year wasn't fair. He could be more valuable to us than anything we;d get in a trade.

And Mayorov seems like the kind of guy who would be out of his element if he wasn't in the top six.
My idea to trade Clark is for something other.

And Mayorov? I think he will be a very good player.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 09:22 AM
  #300
kshymkiw
Registered User
 
kshymkiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 971
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I heard this on the radio the other day (apparently they were scooping the Toronto Star, but I'm too lazy to look it up)

To Ottawa:

Derick Brassard
4th overall selection in 2010 draft

To Columbus:

Jason Spezza

----

a-yep.
Do not want

kshymkiw is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.